The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
Pretty sure that Camille and Jazmin have Facebook. Don't know about Twitter and don't really care to be honest. Andrea's looks legit enough (I'm never certain on these things). Have you seen his user pic? That's not a paparazzi pic, methinks.
That is definately a pic from 2004 or 05 when he was in University in Montreal. He was wearing "I love NY" t-shirt. If anyone knows which ones I'm talking about? Definitely doubt it's a legit one.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Serene Highness

re: Twitter accounts. They are posting in English. Why would they post in English when their native language is French? I find it suspect. They seldom if ever speak to the press, why would they want to twitter and expose themselves to the press who will follow them? The puzzle pieces don't fit. JMO

Old 09-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Aristocracy

since the entire jet-set crowd speaks english openly there, he does too. But honestly, judging from these things he put there, I kinda think he's a total dummy

Him or not him, let's just drop it.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Courtier

Hmm, you've got a point about the English thing. I don't know. And like I said, I don't really care.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
Pretty sure that Camille and Jazmin have Facebook. Don't know about Twitter and don't really care to be honest. Andrea's looks legit enough (I'm never certain on these things). Have you seen his user pic? That's not a paparazzi pic, methinks.
I agree.
Camille definitely has one, as her older brother and sister have one. Jazmin...not so sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoee View Post
That picture was an old photo leaked from facebook.
Pierre (and Beatrice, Andrea, etc.)'s twitters are fake, IMHO. Pierre, for example, is following a fake Gemma Ward, a fake Bar Rafaeli, etc. Also, none of the twitter's are verified which is how you tell if a celebrity's account on twitter is real.
EXACTLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
re: Twitter accounts. They are posting in English. Why would they post in English when their native language is French? I find it suspect. They seldom if ever speak to the press, why would they want to twitter and expose themselves to the press who will follow them? The puzzle pieces don't fit. JMO
I agree-the pieces don't fit. Even on Pauline's she speaks a mix of French and English.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Fabulous post and I agree wholeheartedly!
even though I agree, we can't blame them. They don't have to work and they have nothing to do.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
You are right, but on the other side, they have many friends on Twitter (IF real) not french speaker, but English! So every one understands English, not everyone French.
But for me is suspect that (out of Andrea) in ex. Pierre, the account is open! They should know that peole will get in.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:36 AM

I think if any of the Casiraghis use a social networking site, they use fake names, and since they are multilingual, they will use, most primarily, English and French in their common speech, and some Italian, and maybe Pierre would use more Italian than the others. Most Monegasques speak a mix of all their languages anyway, not just one thing. They have friends all over the planet. Like fandesa... says, they will speak English a lot because it's a common language for a lot of people.

The Ducruet kids, Michael and Louis and Pauline, definitely have facebook. You can look at their profile and see it's real and they have all the right privacy settings and seem to be very discreet, which is good. Camille use it too. Well, Michael is not very discreet with his, though! But there doesn't seem to be any harm in it.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, they have ready money from their family. I don't want to seem mean, but that's the true. And i don't blame them either. Maybe i would do the same thing if i were in their place. They don't need to work in order to gain money, but they have to make them more, if they wish to have them for their whole llife. Investments etc..
Old 09-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure that their money works for them instead of them working for their money.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness

Socialities get money for just breathing. I'm sure it comes the same for the Casiraghi kids.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Serene Highness

Hmmm - I can't imagine Char and her brothers being paid to attend fashion shows or club events, but if they are, I hope the $$ goes to their chosen charity, rather than in their own pocket.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I think if any of the Casiraghis use a social networking site, they use fake names, and since they are multilingual, they will use, most primarily, English and French in their common speech, and some Italian, and maybe Pierre would use more Italian than the others. Most Monegasques speak a mix of all their languages anyway, not just one thing. They have friends all over the planet. Like fandesa... says, they will speak English a lot because it's a common language for a lot of people.

The Ducruet kids, Michael and Louis and Pauline, definitely have facebook. You can look at their profile and see it's real and they have all the right privacy settings and seem to be very discreet, which is good. Camille use it too. Well, Michael is not very discreet with his, though! But there doesn't seem to be any harm in it.
Agree 100%. If the Michael Ducruet is the right one that I found on facebook, he's recently changed his settings. Pauline's was wide open for a while, photos and everything-luckily she must've realized it, and blocked everything. You can't even search for her anymore, which is a wise move on her part. I have a feeling Charlotte is on facebook, using a fake name...Kiki...but I'm not sure if it is legit her or not.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I'm sure that their money works for them instead of them working for their money.

A person may be loaded with money and still be an honest worker. After all, their father was also filthy rich and that didn't prevent him from being an hard working man, really, truly passionate for his job. Why can't AT LEAST one of the Casiraghi siblings be determinated to put him or herself through the test and prove his or her inner value, his or her worthyness besides daddy's money or mummy's family name? Why can't one of them feel the need to prove himself or herself able to succeed in a certain area besides showing in art exhibitions, premieres, partying and traveling all the time?
Old 09-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Nobility

We can't be judged them, we only know some of the things of their lives. One thing is to criticize their clothes or something like that and another to judge aspirations, knowledge, skills...

When appear pics of them on the beach or in the snow, we are always saying that they are always of vacations, but I go to the beach every weekend... What I want to say with all of this is they don't do things so different the rest of people.

The job doesn't make you best person. Anyway, we don't know if they work.

I'm sorry for my English. I'd like to be able to speak at length, but my limited English doesn't allow me.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
A person may be loaded with money and still be an honest worker. After all, their father was also filthy rich and that didn't prevent him from being an hard working man, really, truly passionate for his job. Why can't AT LEAST one of the Casiraghi siblings be determinated to put him or herself through the test and prove his or her inner value, his or her worthyness besides daddy's money or mummy's family name? Why can't one of them feel the need to prove himself or herself able to succeed in a certain area besides showing in art exhibitions, premieres, partying and traveling all the time?
I agree, to a certain extent. I don't believe that there are many expectations for legacy or dynasty children - where generations prior built a business and/or was born a royal - I believe that a truly determined person (rich, royal, or children of celebrities) makes their own way and LEGITIMATELY earns their own money (not paid to appear places, based on their name); maybe they earn a degree and run the family business or start their own business - if they are royal or the child of a celebrity, maybe they go in a direction so that they can stand out and be their own person and earn everyone's respect. In many instances, however, it is laziness or entitlement that keeps them from truly becoming a contributing citizen.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
I believe Stefano didn't grow up with money- he (and clearly the rest of the Casiraghis of that generation) had very good business sense, thus were able to make lots of money with their hard work and determination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
Hmmm - I can't imagine Char and her brothers being paid to attend fashion shows or club events, but if they are, I hope the $$ goes to their chosen charity, rather than in their own pocket.
I can't imagine that either, and agree 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Agreed. I'm sure they aren't on the Palace's payroll as it is their civic duty as Grimaldi's/ niece and nephews of the head of state in a monarchy to do things like patronizing the marinetime police and Pro-Am Cup (both Charlotte's events...any idea what Pierre and Andrea patronize in Monaco??), etc....
Old 09-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=Thtregoddess11;1136567]I believe Stefano didn't grow up with money- he (and clearly the rest of the Casiraghis of that generation) had very good business sense, thus were able to make lots of money with their hard work and determination. QUOTE]

As I understand it, Stefano came from a family of hard-working Milanese industrialists who were well-off, but nowhere near the stratosphere of wealth that Stefano achieved by working very hard himself and taking advantage of the opportunities being married to Caroline gave him.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 View Post
Agreed. I'm sure they aren't on the Palace's payroll as it is their civic duty as Grimaldi's/ niece and nephews of the head of state in a monarchy to do things like patronizing the marinetime police and Pro-Am Cup (both Charlotte's events...any idea what Pierre and Andrea patronize in Monaco??), etc....
I have an idea as to Pierre... I want to look this up and check it out, but do you remember when Pierre did that ...... race event? He shot the pistol to start the race. Was it the Monaco Rally or something? I think maybe he is patron of that.....
Old 09-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Serene Highness

The Casiraghis are not a reality TV show. The truth is we know very little about them. Just because they don't publicize everything they do, doesn't mean they aren't doing anything. We do know that all 3 of them attended at least some university. We also know that Andrea interned at the Qatar Embassy, Pierre has been handed one of his father's companies and that Charlotte has been riding year round for 2 years and doing some jouralism work. They also have official duties that they perform for Monaco each year. I think it's highly unfair to brand them as lazy.

Tags
car, charlotte casiraghi, volkswagen