The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2007, 08:51 AM

I first thought that was Stephanie, then thought maybe Grace, but with dark hair..... Caroline looks very different without makeup, the hair, the glasses...... Different in a good way, that is.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria_malta View Post
I saw a video of the Oscars a couple of days ago, and there was Grace in the audience before she received her Oscar for "Country Girl", and she was wearing glasses. She looked wonderful... I think they really suit her! Unfortunately, I can't find the video again! :(

By the way, I love your avatar Coco! Could you perhaps post the picture please? Caroline look gorgeous!
I either read this, or saw it an interview in a documentary, it was mentioned by a friend that Grace shared an apartment with (I think another actress), that when they were out and it was getting late and the evening was kind of heating up at a dinner involving men, Grace would pull out her glasses, she said that she used to use them as a kind of a defense? I thought that was kind of funny. Since Grace was an actress and glasses were not so popular in the 50s, I'm sure she went without them when she could? I don't think it was over the top vanity, her very bad eyesight as been well documented with much humor. I'm sure Albert inherited her bad eyesight. I too have seen many pictures of Grace with glasses, I thought she looked kind of cute in them! Just about anyone over 40 needs readings glasses, it almost happens overnight. Perhaps Caroline just needs them to read, although just about everyone has contacts or surgery to correct their eyesight these days. I kind of like glasses myself, I think they can look kind of nice if you get the right ones that suit you.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Nobility

The Casiraghis

Since their birth they have been the image of Monaco's future. The balcony's images @ National Day and the like. Since the Grand Prix 2009 the trio seem to put the "glamour" in Monaco on the world stage they wasnt the "backround" or just the "childen" they represented! After the Bunte cover with Charollette and Pierre they bring something new to events. Shouldnt Albert grant them titles?

I remember the beautiful photo shoot Caroline did with Lagerfeld when she was modeling "vintage" Monaco. The same should happen with the Trio that would be a hot photo shoot bringing a new element of distinction to the principality to a younger generation.

With Albert not marrying- he need to go into a diffrent direction- Think about it- If Caroline didnt give birth to those beautiful children-Monaco's prestige would be diminished in the years to come. I understand the Albert on his environment issues and I applaud him for that but Monaco is synanmous (sp) with its Princely Family unlike other Royal families.

When you think or read something about Monaco- what is the first thing that come to your mind
Old 06-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

someone mentioned that there are no succession issues whether Pa marries or not however, just because he & Cw don't get married doesn't mean PA won't meet someone else and marry them. this is the 21st century and not like the 'olden' days where people had to marry out of military alliance or continuing bloodline neccessity. In a thread a while back that Caroline didn't want to put her children in the limelight because they were untitled and they even went to court to keep it that way till at least they grew up a bit???
Old 06-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

oh you're right! the first thing that comes to my mind are Caroline and her children. I liked that idea of the photoshoot, they should do it. They are practically Mónaco's future since Albert is not going to marry (i don't know actually if he's going to, but all indicates that he's not going to tie the knot).
About the titles...I would love to see the Casiraghis as Princes and Princess of Mónaco, i just don't know when it would be the right time to give them titles. Albert surprise us sometimes, when everybody thought he was going to get married last year, he remained single. Maybe we won't have Prince Andrea, Princess Charlotte and Prince Pierre in a long time yet.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Serene Highness

Even if he were to marry tomorrow and have an heir, should something happen to him. Caroline will be regent until the child grows up. In the event that something happens to both Albert and Caroline, I'm sure the trio would come into the picture.

That said, I would still love to see the trio starting to take a more prominent role, since at the moment Albert is not married. I think Monaco needs a younger crowd to start to come to the events. Things are looking more like an older crowd. They need to do what the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Whitney, Frick etc are doing which is to have events for the younger group who will one day take on the patronages of these institutions. It adds a lot of spark and glamour to see Aerin Lauder, Marina Rust, Ivanka Trump at these events. Aerin Lauder's Grandmother Estee had a house near Monaco and was a good friend of Grace. They need more of that and less of the B/C list of Hollywood wannabes showing up.

I also think it would have been a good move if Susan Boyle had been invited to sing at the opera house along with other talents. Think of the press that would bring.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Even if he were to marry tomorrow and have an heir, should something happen to him. Caroline will be regent until the child grows up. In the event that something happens to both Albert and Caroline, I'm sure the trio would come into the picture.

That said, I would still love to see the trio starting to take a more prominent role, since at the moment Albert is not married. I think Monaco needs a younger crowd to start to come to the events. Things are looking more like an older crowd. They need to do what the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Whitney, Frick etc are doing which is to have events for the younger group who will one day take on the patronages of these institutions. It adds a lot of spark and glamour to see Aerin Lauder, Marina Rust, Ivanka Trump at these events. Aerin Lauder's Grandmother Estee had a house near Monaco and was a good friend of Grace. They need more of that and less of the B/C list of Hollywood wannabes showing up.

I also think it would have been a good move if Susan Boyle had been invited to sing at the opera house along with other talents. Think of the press that would bring.
I agree Hibou- the guest lists from Prince Rainer & Princess Grace has become somewhat downmarket under Prince Abert
Old 06-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
oh you're right! the first thing that comes to my mind are Caroline and her children. I liked that idea of the photoshoot, they should do it. They are practically Mónaco's future since Albert is not going to marry (i don't know actually if he's going to, but all indicates that he's not going to tie the knot).
About the titles...I would love to see the Casiraghis as Princes and Princess of Mónaco, i just don't know when it would be the right time to give them titles. Albert surprise us sometimes, when everybody thought he was going to get married last year, he remained single. Maybe we won't have Prince Andrea, Princess Charlotte and Prince Pierre in a long time yet.
the titles does not have to be princess or prince could from one of his lessor titles
Old 06-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Aristocracy

i read somewhere that grace was visiting a person who tells the future in the US and she was said she will die in a car accident and to watch carefully her diet if she wants to avoid it
Old 06-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

Pss. Grace managed to look good at whatever weight she was.

It is unfortunate so many people do have to wrestle with the weight issue.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Courtier

Question: Are the Casiraghis close their maternal cousins---Louis, Pauline, and Camille?

I know there's the age difference of course, but I don't know how strained Steph and Caro's relationship is (or how big an influence that has on their kids), but I have wondered about this for the longest time. I've read that the trio adore their "Tama", that Andrea and Pierre are very protective of her when it comes to the press, and that Charlotte looks up to/is amused by her (National Day photos through the years it appears anyway), but how are they with Steph's kids.

Also I've seen them with their paternal cousins, Afra and Marzia (sp?), but only that time on the beach when they were kids with little Louis and baby Pauline have I actually seen them interact. @ Al's enthronement they seemed to just be caught in the same pics, not really interacting or anything. Which brings me to another query (sorry for such a long post), how do you think they feel about Alexandre? I know he's been proven to be Al's son, not sure about Jazmin
Old 06-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Serene Highness

Anybody knows what of Island Charlotte has? She got it from her grandparents, when she was a child and this Island is somewhere by Sardinia.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Question: Are the Casiraghis close their maternal cousins---Louis, Pauline, and Camille?

I know there's the age difference of course, but I don't know how strained Steph and Caro's relationship is (or how big an influence that has on their kids), but I have wondered about this for the longest time. I've read that the trio adore their "Tama", that Andrea and Pierre are very protective of her when it comes to the press, and that Charlotte looks up to/is amused by her (National Day photos through the years it appears anyway), but how are they with Steph's kids.

Also I've seen them with their paternal cousins, Afra and Marzia (sp?), but only that time on the beach when they were kids with little Louis and baby Pauline have I actually seen them interact. @ Al's enthronement they seemed to just be caught in the same pics, not really interacting or anything. Which brings me to another query (sorry for such a long post), how do you think they feel about Alexandre? I know he's been proven to be Al's son, not sure about Jazmin
Maybe Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte don't find interesting to hang out with Louis and Pauline, because of age difference. But Alexandra and Camille can play together, and make good friends, Camille is only one year older than Alexandra.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

^that's true about alexandra and camille but i think i've never seen a pic of the cousins hanging out together.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

More than likely the reason why Caroline & Stephanie children don't hang out together much is probably because of age differences.

Caroline's children are older and more peer/significant other oriented time period of life while Alexandra probably doesn't see her older siblings much either simply varied interests at different age groups.

it would appear Stephanie's group is the same way. Stephanies children are still younger and still doing all the 'family outings' things that children of those ages do. it was the same way with Caroline.

the older one's are more into travel and doing the things that all of their particular age groups are into. it doesn't seem out of the ordinary at all.

Certainly at family gatherings the younger kids would more than likely be bored quite severely unless something that keeps their attention span is available for them as well. It's why Caroline and Stephanie appear so busy all the time! imho.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Royal Highness

Here is an article about Athina Onassis Jumping in Brazil. There is a part about Charlotte's bodyguard.
Sorry it's in portuguese. Here is a translation of that part:
Charlotte Casiraghi was always with a wall of bodyguards. The main one, Cyrill, had a credential of the French Police and a mediterranean anger - triggered some lasers for photo machines to prevent photos of his protegée. But the spell turned against the magician: bald, virile, strong and a face of bad man, he was the most coveted man in the Hipic.
Here he is: http://odia.terra.com.br/portal/dive...3_cyrill_3.jpg

The article: O DIA ONLINE - DIVERSÃO & TV - Não teve para Athina nem para Charlotte: o muso da Hípica foi o grande Thomaz Magalhães

Here with Charlotte:
http://vejabrasil.abril.com.br/ehoje/Image/rio-de-janeiro/120809/imagens/beiramar3.jpg
Old 08-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Nobility

The Casiraghi trio might have to wait for their mother to become Sovereign Princess of Monaco before they get their titles -and even if so I doubt it would bother them, they probably don't care one way or the other. Besides which, it seems half the people on tv and in magazines, even the "royal experts" already call them Prince and Princess anyway. As for the cousins hanging out, I guess I never really expected it. How often have you seen Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie "hanging out" together? Charlotte is pretty good friends with cousin Melanie I think (correct me if I'm wrong, Princess Antoinette's granddaughter?)
Old 08-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Courtier

Yeah, I've seen pics of Charlotte and Melanie chatting/posing at Albert's Coronation and National Day. And even though Stephanie and Caroline don't hang out, it doesn't seem to effect the Casiraghi Trio's relationship with their aunt. So why should it with their cousins?
Old 08-15-2009, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparent

By the looks of it, they are all fairly busy people and probably don't see each other a lot, just like "normal" people. Even the younger ones like Pauline have a full agenda.

I wonder, though, whether we see a larger number of them at the National Day?
I would be surprised if the Casiraghi Trio didn't make another appearance....
Old 08-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Aristocracy

One of Charlotte`s name is Pomeline. Where does is come from?

Tags
car, charlotte casiraghi, volkswagen