The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I am sure that Charlotte is near-sighted like Pierre and wears both glasses and contact lenses. She used to go around sometimes in glasses, to school or just around shopping or something. She never was photographed a lot wearing glasses, but on the occasions when she was, she was wearing them walking around, which indicates that she was wearing them for near-sightedness. I believe she and Pierre must now be wearing contacts all the time because neither is ever seen with glasses anymore. I believe the same of Andrea, because sometimes he had been photographed wearing glasses in the past, but it's been many years since I have seen it.
....and I thought she looked GOOD in glasses!!!! Now that it's been brought up I'm going to have to go back in threads and find those pics....

Old 11-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Aristocracy

Yeah.. she seems to be wearing during glasses after school and after she came back from uni or something...very cute!!

Old 11-03-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lea View Post
....and I thought she looked GOOD in glasses!!!! Now that it's been brought up I'm going to have to go back in threads and find those pics....
Lea, I think I can help you find them by giving you the timeframes I remember. She wore glasses during her New york trip with Eugenie, in October 2003. She wore glasses outside her school in September 2003. That is all I can think of at the moment. There may be other times you can find. She looked adorable with the glasses, I agree. At each of these times, she was wearing a different pair. In New York, the frame was black. In the school pics, the glasses were different. I don't know how to describe them.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

This is one of the pics from October 03.

Charlotte wearing glasses http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log...chool_bril.jpg
Old 11-09-2007, 12:42 PM

Oh I love that picture.... so charming. Messy hair, cute glasses, bunny clutch pencil case/purse thingy.... so wonderfully charmingly schoolgirlish.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Courtier

Here's another pic of her with what appears to be brown glasses.

Image - TinyPic - Share The Experience!™

Source: Eternalmuse
Old 12-03-2007, 07:45 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you all for your assistance and for the pictures!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Aristocracy

Wow, that's lovely. never seen those pics before. Lovely Charlotte wearing glasses
Her grandma Grace was very short sighted.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Commoner

i guess pierres picture is from 98..?! not sure about it!^^ and i think he has been using eye contacts for the last 2 or 3 years, but not sure about it again.

but to come back to charlotte dont u guys think her glasses look like the one pierre wears in the pic? i might be wrong but i think i'm not
Old 12-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinchen View Post
i guess pierres picture is from 98..?! not sure about it!^^ and i think he has been using eye contacts for the last 2 or 3 years, but not sure about it again.

but to come back to charlotte dont u guys think her glasses look like the one pierre wears in the pic? i might be wrong but i think i'm not
They do look a lot like Charlotte's. Maybe Caroline found them on sale?
Old 12-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Aristocracy

Err... both were rimless glasses but I think Charlotte had black frame and Pierre had silver/gold color frame..am I correct? Impossible they both has same power of vision
Old 12-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Friedel View Post
Wow, that's lovely. never seen those pics before. Lovely Charlotte wearing glasses
Her grandma Grace was very short sighted.
Are you sure? Grace didn't wear glasses all the time. So she must have worn contacts and I don't think there were contacts in the 50ies and 60ies and 70ies . . . . and 80ies?
Old 12-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Commoner

Yep, she was

Grace was indeed very short sighted. I remember reading in one of her biographies that she hated her glasses and usually went without and suffered from headaches from not being able to see.

She did wear glasses (a pair of tortoiseshell, I believe), just not that often in public.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottecasiraghi View Post
Grace was indeed very short sighted. I remember reading in one of her biographies that she hated her glasses and usually went without and suffered from headaches from not being able to see.

She did wear glasses (a pair of tortoiseshell, I believe), just not that often in public.
I can't believe Grace was that vain! It's a little bit superficial isn't it? On the one hand I can understand her because most glasses were quite ugly in the past. But if she had headaches because of not wearing glasses . . . .
Old 12-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco View Post
I can't believe Grace was that vain! It's a little bit superficial isn't it? On the one hand I can understand her because most glasses were quite ugly in the past. But if she had headaches because of not wearing glasses . . . .
Well I would say in that case it was vanity, but I should wear my glasses all the time, but I don't. I rarely wear my contacts either, just because I am really lazy and am used to my short sightedness and don't mind it. I won't ever be having laser eye surgery. Obviously I wear my glasses or contacts (the whole time) when I am somewhere I don't know (to look at street signs etc). I don't get headaches though. With Grace I gather it must have been vanity; putting up with headaches etc. Doesn't Caroline need glasses as well? I remember seeing pictures of her, some years ago, with them on. Perhaps she now wears contacts.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Glasses of that time weren't so ugly as you think, Coco, and besides Crace looked nice in them. I saw her video&pics. If she hated them it was her own idea how she should look, and it's a matter of complexes, but glasses did not make her less attractive.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Are you sure? Grace didn't wear glasses all the time. So she must have worn contacts and I don't think there were contacts in the 50ies and 60ies and 70ies . . . . and 80ies?

Yes. Grace kelly is known for having been very short sighted. She even joked about that, telling that since she refused to wear glasses she often missed out people greeting her. Anyway, there are quite a lot of pictures of Grace wearing glasses, they're mostly from her late years of life.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:33 AM

I saw a video of the Oscars a couple of days ago, and there was Grace in the audience before she received her Oscar for "Country Girl", and she was wearing glasses. She looked wonderful... I think they really suit her! Unfortunately, I can't find the video again! :(

By the way, I love your avatar Coco! Could you perhaps post the picture please? Caroline look gorgeous!
Old 12-09-2007, 12:17 PM

Oh yeah, near-sightedness is a genetic trait. And unfortunately (for me at least) becomes worse with each successive generation.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:41 AM

A pic of Caroline with glasses ...

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...289046-004.jpg

Tags
car, charlotte casiraghi, volkswagen