The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Marquis of Baux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The title of Marquis des Baux is one tradiitionally associated with the Hereditiary Prince of Monaco and was held by Prince Albert himself before he succeeded to the throne.
i thought alexandra was before charlotte 'cause the title of her father

Old 07-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
Italian? I would expect that they speak french primarily. But I have no idea.
Charlotte speaks italian, french, english and some german..at home she speaks italian, her mom speaks too italian...

Old 07-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hele_sakura View Post
Charlotte speaks italian, french, english and some german..at home she speaks italian, her mom speaks too italian...

I'm sure she doesn't speak italian at home. Since her mother is french (monegasques are french people after all) and she is french herself I'm sure they don't speak a foreign language (italian) with each other.
Charlotte is a native french speaker but she very probably is completely fluent in english and speaks it with Alex. They say she also speaks italian and german and it is probaly so, but not as first languages.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
i thought alexandra was before charlotte 'cause the title of her father
No, since Ersnt does not have any rights to the monegasque throne.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Monaco is totally surrounded by France. It is a french-speaking territory so it would be very weird if Charlotte (or Andrea or Pierre) would speak Italian at home....
Old 07-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Courtier

I'm not sure about Char, but I've heard her brothers speak italian and even thought they speak it quite well, it is clear french and not italian is their first language...not only they must speak it at home, but they also attended french schools...
Old 07-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutú View Post
I'm sure she doesn't speak italian at home. Since her mother is french (monegasques are french people after all) and she is french herself I'm sure they don't speak a foreign language (italian) with each other.
Charlotte is a native french speaker but she very probably is completely fluent in english and speaks it with Alex. They say she also speaks italian and german and it is probaly so, but not as first languages.
monegasques are not french people!!!the munegu (the language of monegasques) derives to genoese.so are ligurian,not french.then the most of people are italian and french,but the real monegasques are ligurian,they have ligurian surname not french.and francesco malizia was genoese,in fact the grimaldi were one of the most important family of genoa.so the monegasques and the french are completely differents origins.if you go to monaco you will see that the alleys are called "carruggi",this is an genoese word and like this all the monegasques words!i'm sure because i'm ligurian and i live near monaco
Old 07-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirfabi View Post
monegasques are not french people!!!the munegu (the language of monegasques) derives to genoese.so are ligurian,not french.then the most of people are italian and french,but the real monegasques are ligurian,they have ligurian surname not french.and francesco malizia was genoese,in fact the grimaldi were one of the most important family of genoa.so the monegasques and the french are completely differents origins.if you go to monaco you will see that the alleys are called "carruggi",this is an genoese word and like this all the monegasques words!i'm sure because i'm ligurian and i live near monaco
Of course Monaco has its own dialect but there is only one official language and that is French. English is the second language due to the immense import of foereigners. Italian can be frequently heard and finally there also is the Monegasque dialect. This is mainly spoken by ethnic Monegasques, forming a minority in their own principality.

All official publications, all regulations, all permits, all correspondence, all media are in French.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirfabi View Post
I know everything you say. But if you go to many "real" french areas you will find the same. Streets called in langue d'oc in the south, in breton in the norhwest, in basque in the southwest... it does not matter. It is just a reference to their original background. The same that happens with monaco. The southeast of france wasn't french until the late middle ages, and the southwest was an independent kingdom until the XVII century and so on... you're speaking about old history.
Monaco is the same as the sourrounding area of the Côte d'Azur, but at some point the king of France granted the noblemen who ruled there a greater authority over their land, but it was always his subjet and legaly he could always recover complete power over monaco. The ruler of Monaco has been a subject of the King of France since then, and even when the republic arrived, the french goverment kept a lot of authority over monaco (one of the main monegasque ministers has to be french) and some monegaque decissions had to be accepted by France. A couple of years ago Albert obtained a bigger independence from France, but it was only a couple of years ago, mind you.
So, whatever the ancient origine of the people there, and in spite of the "independence" of monaco, monegasques are actually french people with a different nationaly written in their passports.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:58 AM

I just have some general curiosities about Charlotte's Life in London. I don't think these info. and questions belong in current events. At the same time, it doesn't seem necessary to have a new thread for this.

Independent House at Marsh Way
HQ of the Independent newspaper where Charlotte is now working.
Rex 1
Rex 2
Rex 3
Further info. on this newspaper: Independent Online Edition > Home

20 Hoxton Square
The art gallery here is owned by Alex Dellal and Adam Waymouth. See Pictures:
Rex 1
Rex 2
Rex 3
Further info. about the gallery: 20 HOXTON SQUARE

Hurlingham Lodge
As the London base of Prince Ernst, it is a gated 18th-century mansion facing Broomhouse Lane. It has a garage for the Prince's rare car collection. See picture & more info. --> Hurlingham Lodge, Londres
Other pictures from Rex:
Rex 1
Rex 2
Rex 3

Recent article:
¿PODRÍA ESTAR PENSANDO CARLOTA CASIRAGHI EN IRSE A VIVIR A LONDRES CON SU NOVIO, ALEX DELLAL?
In the third paragraph, Hola! speculates that Alex Dellal is owner of three houses in London, that one has been refurbished, and that Charlotte may be sharing the refurbished house with him, either now or in the future.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Courtier

I like Alex's art gallery space...it's a cool building...

I guess Charlotte's whole crew pretty much lives in London...Olympia, Camilla, The Dellals, Eugenie(?)...and Ernst's sons...I'm sure there's a lot more.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
I like Alex's art gallery space...it's a cool building...

I guess Charlotte's whole crew pretty much lives in London...Olympia, Camilla, The Dellals, Eugenie(?)...and Ernst's sons...I'm sure there's a lot more.
Yep, yep, much more, Eugenie and Olympia, all the Dellals, Camilla are all mostly on the London scene. I'm guessing Eloise's family is there too. I wonder what clubs they all go to. That crowd is loosely affiliated with the orbit around the York princesses, so perhaps they sometimes go to the Yorks' favorite, Cuckoo. Do you think Char might go into Mahiki one of these days, and share one of those gi-normous cocktails with Wills or Harry?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Yep, yep, much more, Eugenie and Olympia, all the Dellals, Camilla are all mostly on the London scene. I'm guessing Eloise's family is there too. I wonder what clubs they all go to. That crowd is loosely affiliated with the orbit around the York princesses, so perhaps they sometimes go to the Yorks' favorite, Cuckoo. Do you think Char might go into Mahiki one of these days, and share one of those gi-normous cocktails with Wills or Harry?
I always wondered whether she knew them on any level...I would say they have probably met...but it's a big possibility they haven't.

Should be interesting to see what she does on the scene...I'm sure now that she's in London they'll all revolve around her...Vogue did describe her as the queen bee.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

..Let just hope she wont become the next 'paparazzi attraction'...
Old 10-09-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzy2006
I did read in some sources that 'the Independent' is partially owned by European.
The Independent is owned by Independent News Media Group which is chaired by one Anthony "Tony" O'Reilly, who is also Chief Executive Officer (CEO). INM is a Dublin-based company which owns, among other things, the newspaper now graced by the internship of Miss Casiraghi.

The newspaper is divided between the Daily version (called "Indy") and the Sunday version ("Sindy"). Apparently, Charlotte is working for the "Sindy". Tristan Davis is Sindy editor, while one Simon Kelner is the Indy editor.

Further Reading
* Brook, Stephen: "Sindy shuns multi-section format...," The Media Guardian, 30 May 2007
* Ponsford, Dominic: "News magazine look for relaunched Independent on Sunday," The Press Gazette, 31 May 2007
Old 10-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutú View Post
I'd be very surprised if the Casiraghi's did not grow up bilingual in French and Italian. Caroline, Albert and Stephanie grew up bilingual in the two languages of their own parents, and there's no reason to suppose Caoline would do anything different in her marriage. Caroline's marriage to Stefano "lifted" him above his previous orbit socially, but anyone as family-oriented as she is would make the most for her children of their Casiraghi inheritance and family ties.

Pierre's studies in Milan also make his fluency in the language self-evident, and why would Andrea or Charlotte have had anything different than he?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Courtier

Well I'm sure she basically speaks a lot more English now...with her bf and now living in London. I know Andrea has a bit of a British accent happening when he speaks English but I saw Albert on Larry King and was shocked by how American he sounded...it was amazing. But I guess growing up with an American mother it shouldn't be...but still...
Old 10-09-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Well I'm sure she basically speaks a lot more English now...with her bf and now living in London. I know Andrea has a bit of a British accent happening when he speaks English but I saw Albert on Larry King and was shocked by how American he sounded...it was amazing. But I guess growing up with an American mother it shouldn't be...but still...
Albert's accent depends on what language he is speaking. When speaking English, he sounds American like his mother. When speaking French, you would never know he wasn't 100% full-blooded Frenchman. As for Stephanie and Caroline, I confess I've only ever heard their French speaking, and they sound very French to me. But I understand that Caroline, like Albert, speaks excellent English and speaks it with American accent.

I agree with you about Andrea. He has a strange sound that is hard to place exactly, almost but not quite British sounding, French sounding but with a British twist I suppose. Very intriguing, his voice!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Courtier

I have this image in my head that Charlotte speaks English with an American accent like a valley girl and I have no idea why...
Old 10-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
But I understand that Caroline, like Albert, speaks excellent English and speaks it with American accent.
To me Caroline sounded more British when I last heard her (I think it was back in '97 on a special that was on ABC). Stephanie sounded more American.

Tags
car, charlotte casiraghi, volkswagen