Princess Caroline‘s Role in Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sure that Charlotte is near-sighted like Pierre and wears both glasses and contact lenses. She used to go around sometimes in glasses, to school or just around shopping or something. She never was photographed a lot wearing glasses, but on the occasions when she was, she was wearing them walking around, which indicates that she was wearing them for near-sightedness. I believe she and Pierre must now be wearing contacts all the time because neither is ever seen with glasses anymore. I believe the same of Andrea, because sometimes he had been photographed wearing glasses in the past, but it's been many years since I have seen it.

....and I thought she looked GOOD in glasses!!!! :) Now that it's been brought up I'm going to have to go back in threads and find those pics....

Yeah.. she seems to be wearing during glasses after school and after she came back from uni or something...very cute!!:wub:

....and I thought she looked GOOD in glasses!!!! :) Now that it's been brought up I'm going to have to go back in threads and find those pics....

Lea, I think I can help you find them by giving you the timeframes I remember. She wore glasses during her New york trip with Eugenie, in October 2003. She wore glasses outside her school in September 2003. That is all I can think of at the moment. There may be other times you can find. She looked adorable with the glasses, I agree. At each of these times, she was wearing a different pair. In New York, the frame was black. In the school pics, the glasses were different. I don't know how to describe them.

:wub: Oh I love that picture.... so charming. Messy hair, cute glasses, bunny clutch pencil case/purse thingy.... so wonderfully charmingly schoolgirlish. :angel:

Thank you all for your assistance and for the pictures!!! :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Wow, that's lovely. never seen those pics before. Lovely Charlotte wearing glasses ;)
Her grandma Grace was very short sighted.

i guess pierres picture is from 98..?! not sure about it!^^ and i think he has been using eye contacts for the last 2 or 3 years, but not sure about it again.

but to come back to charlotte dont u guys think her glasses look like the one pierre wears in the pic? i might be wrong but i think i'm not ;)

i guess pierres picture is from 98..?! not sure about it!^^ and i think he has been using eye contacts for the last 2 or 3 years, but not sure about it again.

but to come back to charlotte dont u guys think her glasses look like the one pierre wears in the pic? i might be wrong but i think i'm not ;)

They do look a lot like Charlotte's. Maybe Caroline found them on sale? :D

Err... both were rimless glasses but I think Charlotte had black frame and Pierre had silver/gold color frame..am I correct? Impossible they both has same power of vision

Wow, that's lovely. never seen those pics before. Lovely Charlotte wearing glasses ;)
Her grandma Grace was very short sighted.
Are you sure? Grace didn't wear glasses all the time. So she must have worn contacts and I don't think there were contacts in the 50ies and 60ies and 70ies . . . . and 80ies?

Yep, she was

Grace was indeed very short sighted. I remember reading in one of her biographies that she hated her glasses and usually went without and suffered from headaches from not being able to see.

She did wear glasses (a pair of tortoiseshell, I believe), just not that often in public.

Grace was indeed very short sighted. I remember reading in one of her biographies that she hated her glasses and usually went without and suffered from headaches from not being able to see.

She did wear glasses (a pair of tortoiseshell, I believe), just not that often in public.
:eek: I can't believe Grace was that vain! It's a little bit superficial isn't it? On the one hand I can understand her because most glasses were quite ugly in the past. But if she had headaches because of not wearing glasses . . . . :bangin:

:eek: I can't believe Grace was that vain! It's a little bit superficial isn't it? On the one hand I can understand her because most glasses were quite ugly in the past. But if she had headaches because of not wearing glasses . . . . :bangin:
Well I would say in that case it was vanity, but I should wear my glasses all the time, but I don't. I rarely wear my contacts either, just because I am really lazy and am used to my short sightedness and don't mind it. I won't ever be having laser eye surgery. Obviously I wear my glasses or contacts (the whole time) when I am somewhere I don't know (to look at street signs etc). I don't get headaches though. With Grace I gather it must have been vanity; putting up with headaches etc. Doesn't Caroline need glasses as well? I remember seeing pictures of her, some years ago, with them on. Perhaps she now wears contacts.

Glasses of that time weren't so ugly as you think, Coco, and besides Crace looked nice in them. I saw her video&pics. If she hated them it was her own idea how she should look, and it's a matter of complexes, but glasses did not make her less attractive.

Are you sure? Grace didn't wear glasses all the time. So she must have worn contacts and I don't think there were contacts in the 50ies and 60ies and 70ies . . . . and 80ies?

Yes. Grace kelly is known for having been very short sighted. She even joked about that, telling that since she refused to wear glasses she often missed out people greeting her. Anyway, there are quite a lot of pictures of Grace wearing glasses, they're mostly from her late years of life.

I saw a video of the Oscars a couple of days ago, and there was Grace in the audience before she received her Oscar for "Country Girl", and she was wearing glasses. She looked wonderful... I think they really suit her! Unfortunately, I can't find the video again! :(

By the way, I love your avatar Coco! Could you perhaps post the picture please? Caroline look gorgeous!

Oh yeah, near-sightedness is a genetic trait. And unfortunately (for me at least) becomes worse with each successive generation. :ermm:

I first thought that was Stephanie, then thought maybe Grace, but with dark hair..... Caroline looks very different without makeup, the hair, the glasses...... Different in a good way, that is. :)

I saw a video of the Oscars a couple of days ago, and there was Grace in the audience before she received her Oscar for "Country Girl", and she was wearing glasses. She looked wonderful... I think they really suit her! Unfortunately, I can't find the video again! :(

By the way, I love your avatar Coco! Could you perhaps post the picture please? Caroline look gorgeous!

I either read this, or saw it an interview in a documentary, it was mentioned by a friend that Grace shared an apartment with (I think another actress), that when they were out and it was getting late and the evening was kind of heating up at a dinner involving men, Grace would pull out her glasses, she said that she used to use them as a kind of a defense? I thought that was kind of funny. Since Grace was an actress and glasses were not so popular in the 50s, I'm sure she went without them when she could? I don't think it was over the top vanity, her very bad eyesight as been well documented with much humor. I'm sure Albert inherited her bad eyesight. I too have seen many pictures of Grace with glasses, I thought she looked kind of cute in them! Just about anyone over 40 needs readings glasses, it almost happens overnight. Perhaps Caroline just needs them to read, although just about everyone has contacts or surgery to correct their eyesight these days. I kind of like glasses myself, I think they can look kind of nice if you get the right ones that suit you.

The Casiraghis

Since their birth they have been the image of Monaco's future. The balcony's images @ National Day and the like. Since the Grand Prix 2009 the trio seem to put the "glamour" in Monaco on the world stage they wasnt the "backround" or just the "childen" they represented! After the Bunte cover with Charollette and Pierre they bring something new to events. Shouldnt Albert grant them titles?

I remember the beautiful photo shoot Caroline did with Lagerfeld when she was modeling "vintage" Monaco. The same should happen with the Trio that would be a hot photo shoot bringing a new element of distinction to the principality to a younger generation.

With Albert not marrying- he need to go into a diffrent direction- Think about it- If Caroline didnt give birth to those beautiful children-Monaco's prestige would be diminished in the years to come. I understand the Albert on his environment issues and I applaud him for that but Monaco is synanmous (sp) with its Princely Family unlike other Royal families.

When you think or read something about Monaco- what is the first thing that come to your mind:whistling:

Glistening Seas

:flowers: someone mentioned that there are no succession issues whether Pa marries or not however, just because he & Cw don't get married doesn't mean PA won't meet someone else and marry them. this is the 21st century and not like the 'olden' days where people had to marry out of military alliance or continuing bloodline neccessity. In a thread a while back that Caroline didn't want to put her children in the limelight because they were untitled and they even went to court to keep it that way till at least they grew up a bit???:D

oh you're right! the first thing that comes to my mind are Caroline and her children. I liked that idea of the photoshoot, they should do it. They are practically Mónaco's future since Albert is not going to marry (i don't know actually if he's going to, but all indicates that he's not going to tie the knot).
About the titles...I would love to see the Casiraghis as Princes and Princess of Mónaco, i just don't know when it would be the right time to give them titles. Albert surprise us sometimes, when everybody thought he was going to get married last year, he remained single. Maybe we won't have Prince Andrea, Princess Charlotte and Prince Pierre in a long time yet.

Even if he were to marry tomorrow and have an heir, should something happen to him. Caroline will be regent until the child grows up. In the event that something happens to both Albert and Caroline, I'm sure the trio would come into the picture.

That said, I would still love to see the trio starting to take a more prominent role, since at the moment Albert is not married. I think Monaco needs a younger crowd to start to come to the events. Things are looking more like an older crowd. They need to do what the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Whitney, Frick etc are doing which is to have events for the younger group who will one day take on the patronages of these institutions. It adds a lot of spark and glamour to see Aerin Lauder, Marina Rust, Ivanka Trump at these events. Aerin Lauder's Grandmother Estee had a house near Monaco and was a good friend of Grace. They need more of that and less of the B/C list of Hollywood wannabes showing up.

I also think it would have been a good move if Susan Boyle had been invited to sing at the opera house along with other talents. Think of the press that would bring.

Even if he were to marry tomorrow and have an heir, should something happen to him. Caroline will be regent until the child grows up. In the event that something happens to both Albert and Caroline, I'm sure the trio would come into the picture.

That said, I would still love to see the trio starting to take a more prominent role, since at the moment Albert is not married. I think Monaco needs a younger crowd to start to come to the events. Things are looking more like an older crowd. They need to do what the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Whitney, Frick etc are doing which is to have events for the younger group who will one day take on the patronages of these institutions. It adds a lot of spark and glamour to see Aerin Lauder, Marina Rust, Ivanka Trump at these events. Aerin Lauder's Grandmother Estee had a house near Monaco and was a good friend of Grace. They need more of that and less of the B/C list of Hollywood wannabes showing up.

I also think it would have been a good move if Susan Boyle had been invited to sing at the opera house along with other talents. Think of the press that would bring.

I agree Hibou- the guest lists from Prince Rainer & Princess Grace has become somewhat downmarket under Prince Abert:ermm:

oh you're right! the first thing that comes to my mind are Caroline and her children. I liked that idea of the photoshoot, they should do it. They are practically Mónaco's future since Albert is not going to marry (i don't know actually if he's going to, but all indicates that he's not going to tie the knot).
About the titles...I would love to see the Casiraghis as Princes and Princess of Mónaco, i just don't know when it would be the right time to give them titles. Albert surprise us sometimes, when everybody thought he was going to get married last year, he remained single. Maybe we won't have Prince Andrea, Princess Charlotte and Prince Pierre in a long time yet.

the titles does not have to be princess or prince could from one of his lessor titles

i read somewhere that grace was visiting a person who tells the future in the US and she was said she will die in a car accident and to watch carefully her diet if she wants to avoid it

Glistening Seas

:flowers: Pss. Grace managed to look good at whatever weight she was.

It is unfortunate so many people do have to wrestle with the weight issue.:bee::rose:

Back
Top Bottom