Princess Caroline‘s Role in Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will be a shocker for me if she named her daughter after her famous grandmother...I don't know why that come as a shocker for me :confused: ...anywho's...I hope she'll name her child with something French or Italian..but we'll have to find that out for a long time for now..:D

runaway princess said:
It will be a shocker for me if she named her daughter after her famous grandmother...I don't know why that come as a shocker for me :confused: ...anywho's...I hope she'll name her child with something French or Italian..but we'll have to find that out for a long time for now..:D

Amelie Casiraghi would be a lovely name for the next Generation.........
:)

auroraDaniel said:
agree with you mia_lanes, that name is cute..

Mee to, I love Amelie, but it is not sure that her baby will keep the nam Casiraghi... If she has children into the wedlock, they will have their father's name.
Amelie Winckler????? What do you think????

CasiraghiTrio said:
Amelie Casiraghi would be a lovely name for the next Generation.........

It's nice, but do you fancy Italian mags calling her Amelia Casiraghi? It would sound so much like a name for a Milanese woman of the people!:)
When Caro married Stefano, all mags here started call her "la sciura (mrs, in the Milan's dialect) Carolina Casiraghi":D :D .

Tosca said:
It's nice, but do you fancy Italian mags calling her Amelia Casiraghi? It would sound so much like a name for a Milanese woman of the people!:)
When Caro married Stefano, all mags here started call her "la sciura (mrs, in the Milan's dialect) Carolina Casiraghi":D :D .

Amelia Casiraghi is nice too. But what if she adopts a boy (I'm still on the fantasy of her being a Goodwill Ambassador and adopting a kid or two from a poor African country). For a boy......... If she wanted to go the Italian way to honor her dad, maybe Massimo Casiraghi, or if she wanted a French name, perhaps Michel or Antoine. Michel Casiraghi sounds lovely.

CasiraghiTrio said:
I am desperately seeking more info. about Felix. Does anyone know his surname? Is he a Sorbonne student? Is it true he met Char through her stepbrother Christian?
He sort of looks like David Alexis. I've wondered if Felix and David might be related. Possibly brothers.

You probably know this info but...anywho...Charlotte's boyfriend's name is Felix (there's an accent on top of the e) Wenckler and he is a Parisian Student. :D

I last read in Novella and CHI that his surname is Wincker, his father is an internationally well-renowned lawyer, and that his mother is an owner/manager of an art galllery. They're based in Bruxelles.

I think Sylvie, his mom, is only a patron of this art gallery in London. Not owner/manager. I think the press has jumped the gun in describing her as anything more than a patron. I might be wrong, of course, but I haven't seen any indication otherwise.

I have read that his surname is WINCKLER, but surely you know that already. ;)

miau said:
I have read that his surname is WINCKLER, but surely you know that already. ;)

It was a typo, sorry!:(

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Do we have any pics?

tons of pics of felix...... lots of members have posted pics of him and char in the Char news threads. or you can go to almost any photo agency and type in "charlotte casiraghi and felix" or "princess charlotte and felix" (because some still call her that) and you'll find a lot.

fandesacs2003 said:
Hello Gita
According to the french magazine Point de Vue, which is a serious royal magazine and well informed for this kind of things, Charlotte obtained last year her baccalaureat with "très bien" (very good) and now she is following a special course called Hypokhâgne. This is the first year for the preparation for the big exam in litterature in "ecoles normales superieures". They are the highest school, higher that normal University in this section. French president Pombidou, PM Laurent Fabius, former Président of Sénégal Leopold Senghor, and other extremely prestigious people came ouf of this school.
I do not know what is she planning for her future, but she looks willing to do something special, otherwise, why these pain??? She could stay at home and party every night, (kind of Paris Hilton.......), but she is studying hard....
So, wait and see:cool:

Could somebody explain the higher education structure of France? What are the levels of the ecoles? If Charlotte is accpeted to an "ecoles normales superieures", does that equal the status of being in Oxford or Cambrdige Universities?

casiraghi trio france or italy

how's come the casiraghi trio spend so much time in france instead of italy? i would think since their dad is itallian they would spend more time in italy. how's come after stefano died caro moved to france instead of italy?

hsieh said:
how's come the casiraghi trio spend so much time in france instead of italy? i would think since their dad is itallian they would spend more time in italy. how's come after stefano died caro moved to france instead of italy?

Well, I think that this depends on the fact that kids generally tend to meet their mothers' relatives or meet them. Take myself for example: my parents came from different Italian regions ( I also could say that I belong to two different "nationalities" so to speak, though I realize this is a dificult concept to explain to foreigners...), and although I saw my father's relatives every now and then, I used to spend more time with my mother's.
Besides their mother is the Princess of Monaco, and Andrea and Pierre have been educated as princes, in case Albert should never marry and have legitimate heirs of his own...

hsieh said:
how's come after stefano died caro moved to france instead of italy?
I don't think that they ever lived in Italy to begin with. Before Stefano died they were living in Monaco. After, they moved to a farm house that Stefano had bought Caroline in St. Remy. I think they live there until Caroline got married to Prince Ernst (did I spell that right?). Then they moved to Paris because Ernst wanted to be closer to his family (since Carolince had her children with her there was no problem with that). I believe Ernst' ex-wife was living in London at the time with Ernst Jr and Christen. So, basically the Casiraghis move where their mother moved, so, in reality they really didn't have a choice. Now that they do, they choose to be in Paris, but they do travel to Italy. Pierre was seen in Italy last month with some girl that people think is his girlfriend. During the summer, Charlotte was seen with felix, Caroline, Ernst, and Alexandria in Italy. Plus a few years a go, the family took a trip to Venice (when I say family, I mean Ernst and Caroline plus all their children). So, its not like they never go to Italy!

I forgot to say that Char has been often seen in Fino Mornasco where the Casiraghi family lives

Tosca said:
I forgot to say that Char has been often seen in Fino Mornasco where the Casiraghi family lives

That's cool. I like that she's able to visit her dad's family without the paparazzi catching up to her. It's good to know we don't "see" everything.
I think Tosca and acid are exactly right in their own ways. France is the trio's natural home. I myself was born in Louisiana but grew up in California and no matter where I go in life, California is always my natural home. I go to New York whenever I can and I love it, but there's home and there's fun places to visit. For the trio, I think France is home, but in the summer, it's fun to visit the Italian haunts: Ponza, Sardinia, Capri, Venice, etc. You can take the boy out of his home, but you can't take home out of the boy.

I think the move to France was a natural thing for them to do since they mainly speak French. The family probably speaks Italian pretty well, though, but it's not their "mother tongue".

And remember, because they were born in monaco, they are simaltaneously and automatically citizens of France and Monaco. They were raised by their mother, who was a single mother for a very long time, and Caroline's ties to France are long and deep.

QUOTE][/Could somebody explain the higher education structure of France? What are the levels of the ecoles? If Charlotte is accpeted to an "ecoles normales superieures", does that equal the status of being in Oxford or Cambrdige Universities?QUOTE]

the ecoles normales superieur is within France in higher esteem than that. being admitted to a cour preparatoire is already worth mentioning in the local newspaper. Being accepted to the prep course already gives you a major career boost, even if you don't get admitted to the main later. If you manage to get admitted and finish, you will have no more worries for your professional life. And it should be noted that rich or famous parents have no weight in whether or not you will be admitted.

Charlottes personality

Has there been any descriptions of her in the press?
I really like her, she's a gorgeous girl, but I don't really have an impression of her personality.
I have heard rumours of her being quite shy and a bit arrogant but thats about it.
How do you think Charlotte is as a person?

Ava Elizabeth said:
I really like her, she's a gorgeous girl, but I don't really have an impression of her personality.
I have heard rumours of her being quite shy and a bit arrogant but thats about it.

I think the idea of her arrogance is an unfortunate result of her shyness. Sometimes, a shy person comes across as arrogant. I'm not sure I believe she is truly arrogant. I have no doubt she knows how beautiful she is, but she seems to be too good of a person to be arrogant or snobbish. You can tell she's a good person. I mean, she seems to treat her friends and everyone with such friendliness, fun, and humor. I've never seen any sign of there being a wicked bone in her body. In my observations over the years, it seems to me that Charlotte is a good person, eager to please, studious, hard-working at whatever task you set before her, and in general, reports about her claim that she loves art, music, and literature. These things corroborate the idea of her being intelligent and refined. To me, it says she's a deep person and is not the shallow, insipid creature of tabloid lore.

mistake shyness for arogance

Ava Elizabeth said:

when people are shy they may seem arogant but they are simply to shy to acknowledge people, or smile at them, or carry on pleasant chit chat. if someone is very shy they may not seem to warm up to people to easily. i wondered why stefano is not smilling im many formal pictures i thought it might be his itallian culture. but an itallian imformed not the case he is just simply a shy guy.

hsieh said:
when people are shy they may seem arogant but they are simply to shy to acknowledge people, or smile at them, or carry on pleasant chit chat. if someone is very shy they may not seem to warm up to people to easily. i wondered why stefano is not smilling im many formal pictures i thought it might be his itallian culture. but an itallian imformed not the case he is just simply a shy guy.

I agree, on shyness being perceived as arrogance or aloofness. If you notice, Caroline, Albert, Andrea, and Charlotte all seem shy in the public. They, often, don't smile when being dogged by the media. But, when you see them with family and/or friends, they appear warm and close to those around them (pictures on PACHA III, outings with friends and family, etc), very engaged in conversation and what's going on.

I agree with you, I used to be very shy when I was younger and I'm still not very extroverted. I have been told that I looked arrogant. Moreover I think that an insecure person sometimes tends to "put her nose up" ( hope you know what I mean) when e.g. entering a room with people she(he) doesn't know to protect herself. I also think that Charlotte meets a lot of people, that have a certain oppinion about her before they ever talk to her. maybe she doesn't want to be hurt, and so unwillingly confirms the prejudices.
But on the other hand it is IMO very dangerous for a young girl to read about herself that she's the most beautiful person on earth. And I have to say that Caroline seems to be very arrogant to me. That mighzt have the same reason as I have pointed out before, specially when you think about carolines life, what has happened to her also with the press. but Stephanies former husband daniel D once said, he never felt accepted by caoline only because of his background. Ans Melanie de massy (?), I don't know how close she is with Charlotte, probably not very close, is incredible snobbish. She run away from Vienna's Opera Ball because she was only in the second row. What a fool, sorry! Ans this Stavros Niarchos person, don't know how close he is with charlotte obviously is extremly stupid, arrogant and snobbish, sorry, but his behaviour towards a homeles(do you call it like that?) person really shocked me.:mad: What I wanted to say is that Charlotte may be in an environment that feels invulnerable, better and more importand than ordinary people. a proof for that is IMO also Andreas "posing" naked right in the front of cameras.
p.s. talking about someones personality IMO is a it dangerous, if this was a magazine, the grimaldis would immediately go to the court against it. If the moderators feel that my comment is not appropriate, please remove it, but I don't want to hurt anyone except stavros.:D

Mrs.Smith said:
I agree with you, I used to be very shy when I was younger and I'm still not very extroverted. I have been told that I looked arrogant. Moreover I think that an insecure person sometimes tends to "put her nose up" ( hope you know what I mean) when e.g. entering a room with people she(he) doesn't know to protect herself. I also think that Charlotte meets a lot of people, that have a certain oppinion about her before they ever talk to her. maybe she doesn't want to be hurt, and so unwillingly confirms the prejudices.
But on the other hand it is IMO very dangerous for a young girl to read about herself that she's the most beautiful person on earth. And I have to say that Caroline seems to be very arrogant to me. That mighzt have the same reason as I have pointed out before, specially when you think about carolines life, what has happened to her also with the press. but Stephanies former husband daniel D once said, he never felt accepted by caoline only because of his background. Ans Melanie de massy (?), I don't know how close she is with Charlotte, probably not very close, is incredible snobbish. She run away from Vienna's Opera Ball because she was only in the second row. What a fool, sorry! Ans this Stavros Niarchos person, don't know how close he is with charlotte obviously is extremly stupid, arrogant and snobbish, sorry, but his behaviour towards a homeles(do you call it like that?) person really shocked me.:mad: What I wanted to say is that Charlotte may be in an environment that feels invulnerable, better and more importand than ordinary people. a proof for that is IMO also Andreas "posing" naked right in the front of cameras.
p.s. talking about someones personality IMO is a it dangerous, if this was a magazine, the grimaldis would immediately go to the court against it. If the moderators feel that my comment is not appropriate, please remove it, but I don't want to hurt anyone except stavros.:D

Interesting,Mrs Smith. What about this event when Stav Niarchos was rude to a homeless person? Is this Stavros Junior (Eugenie's father) or Stavros III (Eugenie's brother)?
About Melanie de Lusignon, do you think she's being pushed to fulfil the same role that her mother fills in the future?

CasiraghiTrio said:
Interesting,Mrs Smith. What about this event when Stav Niarchos was rude to a homeless person? Is this Stavros Junior (Eugenie's father) or Stavros III (Eugenie's brother)?
About Melanie de Lusignon, do you think she's being pushed to fulfil the same role that her mother fills in the future?

About Melanie:I'm sorry, I don't know much about her family and so don't know what's her mother 's role. It was just this opera thing that made me dislike her. But maybe, who knows, she had a reason for not going there, it was just the Tv speaker who said so.

About Stavros: It was Eugenies brother. he promised a homeless person some money ( for that person a lot of money, I think about 100$ ??) if he "puts"(sorry English is leaving) the content of a bottle of beer over his head. The man did so and Stavros and his friend laughed a lot and had their fun. IMO that such a terrible behaviour, so much against the dignity of a human being, misusing this poor man's bad situation. Sorry as you see, I'm still shocked, I'm wondering what his parents did wrong, because respect is something one has to learn very early by the "good" exemple of parents.

I just want to add: I know this from a TV celebrity magazine, don't know if it's true, but the TV magazine generally are much more reliable than german print media.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom