Princess Caroline‘s Role in Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for your replies.
Just wanted to add that I did not by any means meant to be offending or spread rumours. I just wanted to hear what your impressions on Charlotte was. If the moderators think this is unappropriate, please delete/move this topic.

Mrs.Smith said:
I agree with you, I used to be very shy when I was younger and I'm still not very extroverted. I have been told that I looked arrogant. Moreover I think that an insecure person sometimes tends to "put her nose up" ( hope you know what I mean) when e.g. entering a room with people she(he) doesn't know to protect herself. I also think that Charlotte meets a lot of people, that have a certain oppinion about her before they ever talk to her. maybe she doesn't want to be hurt, and so unwillingly confirms the prejudices.
But on the other hand it is IMO very dangerous for a young girl to read about herself that she's the most beautiful person on earth. And I have to say that Caroline seems to be very arrogant to me. That mighzt have the same reason as I have pointed out before, specially when you think about carolines life, what has happened to her also with the press. but Stephanies former husband daniel D once said, he never felt accepted by caoline only because of his background. Ans Melanie de massy (?), I don't know how close she is with Charlotte, probably not very close, is incredible snobbish. She run away from Vienna's Opera Ball because she was only in the second row. What a fool, sorry! Ans this Stavros Niarchos person, don't know how close he is with charlotte obviously is extremly stupid, arrogant and snobbish, sorry, but his behaviour towards a homeles(do you call it like that?) person really shocked me.:mad: What I wanted to say is that Charlotte may be in an environment that feels invulnerable, better and more importand than ordinary people. a proof for that is IMO also Andreas "posing" naked right in the front of cameras.
p.s. talking about someones personality IMO is a it dangerous, if this was a magazine, the grimaldis would immediately go to the court against it. If the moderators feel that my comment is not appropriate, please remove it, but I don't want to hurt anyone except stavros.:D

Hi
Two comments.
Daniel Ducruet: Daniel may have been never accepted from the Grimaldis, but the end of the story showed that they were somehow right...... He cheated Stephanie, and this is more disgusting from his side because she spent years on fighting against alls to impose Daniel. And finally himself gave reason to all people aginst him.

About Stavros Niarchos. Is the same guy who is now dating Paris Hilton and last week destroyed a full hotel appartment for more that 100'000$ ??? just for having fun??? If yes, you understand the kind of guy....
I know that Caroline is friend with the Niarchos since when she was child, and is normal for the second generation to be also close, but If I was Caroline I would not be happy seing my doughter be friend with such a guy. Nevertheless, we know that Charlotte is close friend with Eugenie, personnally I've never saw Stavros around her.

Mrs.Smith said:
About Melanie:I'm sorry, I don't know much about her family and so don't know what's her mother 's role. It was just this opera thing that made me dislike her. But maybe, who knows, she had a reason for not going there, it was just the Tv speaker who said so.
ann de massy, Melanie's mother, is a major representative of the Antoinette branch. Christian was disgraced after he wrote his book and I guess Christine Alix opted for a private life. So Elisabeth Ann is the family rep, along with her mother, at major Grimaldi family events such as the Red Cross ball. Melanie was in attendance at the last red cross ball and, so I just wonder if she will one day fill the place of her mother.

About Stavros: It was Eugenies brother. he promised a homeless person some money ( for that person a lot of money, I think about 100$ ??) if he "puts"(sorry English is leaving) the content of a bottle of beer over his head. The man did so and Stavros and his friend laughed a lot and had their fun. IMO that such a terrible behaviour, so much against the dignity of a human being, misusing this poor man's bad situation. Sorry as you see, I'm still shocked, I'm wondering what his parents did wrong, because respect is something one has to learn very early by the "good" exemple of parents.

I just want to add: I know this from a TV celebrity magazine, don't know if it's true, but the TV magazine generally are much more reliable than german print media.

That's horrible. Stav, eugenie's bro, looks rather spoiled and this story just confirms the idea that he's an unappreciative brat. he deserves paris hilton, in that case. i hope paris uses him and dumps him, it would serve him right.

CasiraghiTrio said:
ann de massy, Melanie's mother, is a major representative of the Antoinette branch. Christian was disgraced after he wrote his book and I guess Christine Alix opted for a private life. So Elisabeth Ann is the family rep, along with her mother, at major Grimaldi family events such as the Red Cross ball. Melanie was in attendance at the last red cross ball and, so I just wonder if she will one day fill the place of her mother.
That's horrible. Stav, eugenie's bro, looks rather spoiled and this story just confirms the idea that he's an unappreciative brat. he deserves paris hilton, in that case. i hope paris uses him and dumps him, it would serve him right.
I'm not a fan of Paris Hilton (and I know this is way of subject) but I think that is kinda unfair for her. When Stav made that huge mess at the Hard Rock, Paris was completely embarrassed and didn't want people thinking that she brought people like that anywhere. So, she is kind of a pea brain at times but here we are talking about how terrible Stav was to some homeless guy, and here we are doing the same with Paris (well, NOT the same, but I hope you get what I trying to say).

another thing you have to look at is so many people want to have contact with her because of who she is. she cannot possibly interact with the magnitude of people who want to be with her. you were talking about a homeless man. does this homeless man have tons of people wanting to be in contact with him? sadley, prob not. is there a website about this homeless man? why not? why then does charlotte have a web site? do you see what i'm saying? if you were to meet this homeless man would you be as excited as meeting charlotte? if the answer is no then why is that?

hsieh said:
another thing you have to look at is so many people want to have contact with her because of who she is. she cannot possibly interact with the magnitude of people who want to be with her. you were talking about a homeless man. does this homeless man have tons of people wanting to be in contact with him? sadley, prob not. is there a website about this homeless man? why not? why then does charlotte have a web site? do you see what i'm saying? if you were to meet this homeless man would you be as excited as meeting charlotte? if the answer is no then why is that?

Because people like to watch very close the beauty, charisma, money and hapiness, they forgot their onw reality, and they dream.... to have all this...

A homeless man does not provoque dreams, it's a reality which we'd rather forgot.....
Nevertheless, they are a lot of sites and organisations taking care of homeless men, and we are all there to be shocked by Stavros Niarchos behavior...

she seems really nice...but i dunno i get the feeling she could be a bit arrogant because of her beauty and her position...i would probably be friends with her if she was in my school....she seems really fun and down to earth...

How did you guys get so far off the point about the homeless man? What was objectionable about Stav's behavior was how abominably he treated this person. No one should treat anyone like that, no matter who or what they are. That's the point. Plain and simple.

CasiraghiTrio said:

On Christine Alix - Christine Alix died in 1989 of an illness. She was only 36 then. She was very, very pretty! There is a picture of her somewhere in this forum. She has a son named Sebastian, I think.

On Stav - Oh, hahaha! I guess too much wealth does makes one think that doing such things is all right; after all, the damage will be paid for! Whatever - doesn't he have better things to do, with all their family's wealth?!

On Char - I think she's a lovely young woman, with or without her privileged background. I don't know if she is aloof, but I think it's only natural for people of her stature to be a little aloof, not because of snootiness, but because of wariness. When you're good looking, rich-rich, famous and all that, people tend to flock to you, bec. of who you are and not bec. of what you are. Not to mention the fortune-hunters! Stephanie said that it's hard to have relationships bec. of her royal position. And Rainier once said that one's true friends can be counted with your hands, and that the life of a royal is a lonely one. I guess that's something royals everywhere deal with.

Last edited:
monica, i agree! it must be hard on them. people always have pre-conceived notions about who they are and what they're like, and to some extent have expectations of them which aren't always fair and reasonable.

re. charlotte's personality...it's extremely hard to try to judge a person's personality through photos and fourth-fifth-(or thousandth) hand accounts about them. i mean, come on, we could be neighbors with somebody for years and not really know them, how much more with these people? impressions however, even though unreliable, are completely natural. my impression of charlotte is that she's a shy, maybe even timid person who's always aware of the cameras around her and, unlike her elder brother who doesn't seem to care about the image he projects, charlotte seems to be conscious of how people see her.

monica17 said:
On Christine Alix - Christine Alix died in 1989 of an illness. She was only 36 then. She was very, very pretty! There is a picture of her somewhere in this forum. She has a son named Sebastian, I think.

Yes.... Sebastien is the tall dark-haired guy you see standing behind the trio in the pics from the mass on saturday. I've never seen a pic of Christine Alix. Didn't she marry someone in Philadelphia? Sebastien was born there, I think.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Yes.... Sebastien is the tall dark-haired guy you see standing behind the trio in the pics from the mass on saturday. I've never seen a pic of Christine Alix. Didn't she marry someone in Philadelphia? Sebastien was born there, I think.

Ooops, sorry, I didn't remember the exact details-Christine Alix died when she was 38, her year of birth is 1951. She married someone surnamed Knecht, I think. Wait, Charles Wayne Knecht, and yes, from Philadelphia. And their son, Keith Sebastien or Sebastian, was indeed born in Philadelphia. Sorry, I don't have much info on her other than that. As for the pictures of Christine-Alix, you can find her in: the thread for Princess Antoinette (page 1) - with two pictures of the de Massy trio (Elisabeth Ann, Christian, and her), and on the thread - Photo Retrospective of the Grimaldi Family, Part III. Page 2, I think, July 30 post of Nina on the wedding of Elisabeth Ann in 1974. Last picture, beside the groom, that's her! :)

Last edited:
About Stav, apparently he and Paris broke up. She totally dumped him, according to the tabs, so maybe he dumped her, who knows, but I hope she dumped him. Despite my earlier post, Paris is too good for the likes of him. I just hope he stays away from Charlotte. If he tries a move on Charlotte, I might have to start a nasty rumor about him! :p

who's arrogant

people saying char is arrogant. you were talking about a homeless man. if one gets more excited or values char over this homeless man are they themselves being arrogant? if one thnks char is better than a homeless man that is an expression of arrogance. in that case char has the right to be arrogant because people are valuing her for their own arrogant reasons. why shouldn't she be arrogant? if people are going to value her for her looks, youth, money, then they get what they deserve - a snub from that person. if one does not like being snubbed by a good looking, young, rich person then perhaps they should look elsewhere or value people for different reasons.

You didn't understand what I tried to say, probably because of my bad English. The homeless man has NOTHING to do with Charlotte. I just explained why I can't stand her (maybe) best friend's brother.

Mrs.Smith said:
About Stavros: It was Eugenies brother. he promised a homeless person some money ( for that person a lot of money, I think about 100$ ??) if he "puts"(sorry English is leaving) the content of a bottle of beer over his head. The man did so and Stavros and his friend laughed a lot and had their fun. IMO that such a terrible behaviour, so much against the dignity of a human being, misusing this poor man's bad situation. Sorry as you see, I'm still shocked, I'm wondering what his parents did wrong, because respect is something one has to learn very early by the "good" exemple of parents.

He didn't actually pay the man to poor a beverage over his head(which would really prove his *******-ness). Stavros had been paying the man to throw the drink at the paparazzi. There's video proof of the conversation where Stavros asks the passer-by to hurl a drink at them. The New York Times reviewed the tape and put an article about it in the newspaper.

Now, I'm not saying you should love the guy(he could still be a big ass). Just letting people know that this particular story isn't true.

sorry, that was what I've heard. It's like always, you can't believe them anything...

I think she is very shy and timid. But I read in a magazine that she's warm and funny and easy to talk to. So I think she's shy to people that she first meets but not when she already knows you.

Relationship between the Casiraghi Trio

I would really like to know what do you think of their relationship!!Do they support each other?What about Andrea and Pierre?Are they competitive with each other?Do they protect Charlotte with their advices like many brothers do?I can see from the photos that they enjoy hunging out all together.Charlotte is closer to Andrea,to Pierre or both?Of course we don't know them but what do you think? Thanks, Beatrice

kaydura0717 said:
I think she is very shy and timid. But I read in a magazine that she's warm and funny and easy to talk to. So I think she's shy to people that she first meets but not when she already knows you.

A widely-held view of Charlotte.
:)

Beatrice said:
I would really like to know what do you think of their relationship!!Do they support each other?What about Andrea and Pierre?Are they competitive with each other?Do they protect Charlotte with their advices like many brothers do?I can see from the photos that they enjoy hunging out all together.Charlotte is closer to Andrea,to Pierre or both?Of course we don't know them but what do you think? Thanks, Beatrice

These are very interesting questions, Beatrice. They provoke a lot of thought. I don't see a highly competitive nature among them. I think Pierre has a highly independant streak and probably does not concern himself too much with comparisons to anyone in his family, because he seems to have an extraordinarily high self-esteem and a great desire to be his own separate identity. Pierre gives me a very strong impression of feeling, "I am Pierre Casiraghi, and my family are lucky to have me around. Of course I am lucky to have them too, but let's face it, I'm a stylin' S.O.B!" ;)
I imagine the trio are close and get along extremely well, but it seems to me that it's possible Charlotte might be slightly closer to Pierre than Andrea. Perhaps it's only because Andrea is the oldest, but it seems like he jets off and does his own thing more often than the younger two. I think Andrea is the shyest of the three and definitely craves his space more.
They all seem to be very good-natured people. Andrea seems happy to let Charlotte outshine him in the saddle, for example (he never finished better than she in the stars race). He knows riding is her passion and he's a proud brother, rather than a competition. Also, they share many of the same friendships and they seem to like each other's Significant Others.
I think the brothers are protective of the sister, though, and if she got herself into a relationship they didn't approve of, they would probably not hesitate to let her know how they feel about the guy.
I might be wrong about any of these perceptions, of course. They are only that, just perceptions of a person who watches them from extraordinary distance and has never met them.

From what I see in Char, I think she's not a Paris Hilton type in terms of behavior..She's a gorgeous girl, cool and fun but she's not a bitchy or a flirtatious type..Although she looks hot and gorgeous,she's a bit reserve and I think she sticks to her man and serious of him and not changing boyfriends every minute..and I think she's not as wacky or media attention-seeker like Zara Philips-( Princess Anne's daughter )..Charlotte just acts fine- cool, sexy and fun but a bit reserve which is just ok..She doesnt intend to grab attention like other celebrities do its just that people is curious of her..She's a very private person, she acts the way as she is, the paparazzi just love to take photos of her and some people are interested about her..

Last edited:
Thank you for responding Ashley,it seems you are a great phychologist :)

I think that Charlotte is closer to Pierre just becuse you see them together more often but I think that all three of them are close no doubt its just that one might perfer to hang out with one more than the other. It seems that they do support each other in the decisions that they make but are quick to tell them if they think they are doing the wrong thing. I don't know them so this may or may not be true so don't hold it against me.

Mahoogie said:
From what I see in Char, I think she's not a Paris Hilton type in terms of behavior..She's a gorgeous girl, cool and fun but she's not a bitchy or a flirtatious type..Although she looks hot and gorgeous,she's a bit reserve and I think she sticks to her man and serious of him and not changing boyfriends every minute..and I think she's not as wacky or media attention-seeker like Zara Philips-( Princess Anne's daughter )..Charlotte just acts fine- cool, sexy and fun but a bit reserve which is just ok..She doesnt intend to grab attention like other celebrities do its just that people is curious of her..She's a very private person, she acts the way as she is, the paparazzi just love to take photos of her and some people are interested about her..
Thats a very good view on her. Charlotte seems to treasure her privacy more than her fellow royal counter parts so thats why she isn't media driven or whatever you call it. People like her because she's pretty and there is an air of mystic that surrounds her that makes people want to know about her and find out who she really is so as a defense mechanism she is shy and timid when it comes to meeting people.

I don't know....there is so much proof in the media that Charlotte spends more time w/Andrea - go thru any thread, there are so many pictures of them together; not as many of her and Pierre. Don't forget - she and Tatiana were friends prior to her dating Andrea, so she has another reason to socialize w/her older brother. Now, of course, that Pierre is of an age when he can go to clubs, maybe we'll see more of Char and Pierre together. Char is the middle child, so she has a special place in relation to each brother, age difference or not. They all seem to get along, but their personalities are obviously different. Andrea seems more shy in public, Pierre seems very outgoing, and Char is somewhere in the middle; but I speculate that once Char and Andrea get to know someone new better, they warm up quickly....that's my speculation, for what it's worth!

I think that Char gets along very well with her brothers but she has different relationships with each other. You can often see her with Andrea and both seem to be shy and share friends so i guess they get along pretty well. In some way andrea looks different to his silbings and as he is older he seems to have his own life, btw i think he doesn´t live anymore with them so perhaps he is a bit far from them. However Andy and Char has a great relationship IMO
As Pierre is only a year younger than char they´d have the best and the worst relationship at the same time. I mean the share a lot of time together which could be great but sometimes it´s annoying BTW Pierre seems to be one of those guys who are all time joking and it can get u mad. I think that Char and Pierre like fashion and hang out together
And Andrea and Pierre...they seem different but both love partycing:p . Perhaps they don´t spend much time together but they have fun everytime they do

Last edited:
The trio are so interesting because they have so many dimensions to their personalities that we all seem to perceive slightly different things about them. I do think Andrea is shy, for instance, a perception shared by a couple of others who replied to the initial post. Yet Andrea also has this side of him that can be very devil-may-care (i.e. showing his privates on the family yacht, or flipping off the paparazzi, or unleashing his temper on a photographer in Rome.) Then there's Charlotte.... often times, she is glaring at the camera. Other times, she is flashing the camera a winning, charming smile. There is the side of her that is careful and reserved, resentful of invasion of privacy, wary of users. Then there is the Charlotte that really does enjoy the attention (to a point) and she smiles and laughs with her friends and enjoys herself. Then there's Pierre, sort of like the Prince Harry of the Casiraghis. He never seems bothered by anything in public. If he's in Zurs and he spots a photographer, he might show off and do some ski stunts or something, while Andrea does a rude gesture with his hand and Charlotte glares at the camera. Three very different reactions. It's interesting to observe their differences.

Back
Top Bottom