Princess Caroline‘s Role in Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was looking Jazmin's graduation photos and i was wondering if any of you has ever heard/read anything about Andrea's (or Charlotte's) graduation.

The only thing I know about Andrea's (high school) graduation is that he got a VW hatchback as a present. :ROFLMAO:

Oh ok..:p:cool: The Casiraghis have graduated from High School and then from their Universities/Colleges (whatever they attended) and it seems very weird to me that the press didn't bother to cover the event or the fact that nobody has seen/posted a grad photo.;)

In France, as in many european countries, there is not such a thing as a graduation ceremony, neither in high school or in the university.

One of Charlotte`s name is Pomeline. Where does is come from?

A distant, 15th-century ancestress of hers was Pomelline Fregoso, Lady of Monaco (Dame de Monaco). Pomelline Fregoso ruled Monaco as regent for her granddaughter, Lady Claudine. I am not sure if there is a more recent ancestress of that name.

^That's the one. Except I think it was Pomellina Fregoso and Caroline just made it more French with the spelling, Pomeline.

Oh ok..:p:cool: The Casiraghis have graduated from High School and then from their Universities/Colleges (whatever they attended) and it seems very weird to me that the press didn't bother to cover the event or the fact that nobody has seen/posted a grad photo.;)

Like trep said, there isn't any graduation ceremony for schools in France. But like thecia said, Andrea did get the VW Golf with the 0007 plates around the time of his completion of the IB exam at the International School of Paris. And Char got her La Vigie party. I always wonder why Char's Bac results were published in all the media, but we never heard anything of Andrea's IB results, nor of Pierre's Bac result. Pierre's results should have been public just like Char's. Andrea went to ISP which is private so maybe the results weren't made public. I don't know. Anyone knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bocconi University, attended by Pierre, is also a private institute.

^No, I meant his Bac results. He attended a public school in France for the bac.... so why weren't his results known like Charlotte's?

I had read that Andrea had flunked his French baccalauriet the first time,but I am wondering if he even took it. He went to a private international high school in Paris and would have taken the international bac. Did anyone else read this?

^I said above he went to ISP and took the IB exam. :ermm: I don't know that he ever took the french bac. Why would he do both? No one does both, do they? It's crazy to do both.......

Last edited:
I imagine he took the IB exam, as he went to McGill in Montreal the year after. It probably would have been easier to get in having an IB result than a French bac. After that he transferred back to Paris and went to the American Uni. of Paris. That's what supposedly happened, according to the people that use to post in the Casiraghi education thread.
As to Pierre, he wasn't really known then, was he? I mean his name was recognizable, yeah, but he wasn't very famous in his own right. He was very geeky looking back then, wasn't he? He grew into his looks; became hot after he graduated high school, and thus started to become famous... I mean that was the only reason people/the paparazzi/ tabloids followed Andrea in the early days wasn't it? Because he was goodlooking, right? No one cares about him now, not enough to get any news. I suppose it was like that for Pierre.

I would have thought that being the son of a Princess might have been enough to make others interested in him.

^Doubtful. Lots of sons of princes/princesses aren't media fodder. Louis Ducruet isn't. He's what, 18, but not a constant media story even though his mama is a princess.

On another subject: bodyguards
... and Charlotte

1) Guarding the Princess? on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
2) http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee244/allies_photo_album/Charlotte/134685.jpg

both men carry a similar kind of pack and blend into the crowd quite convincingly. They could be anyone but I think they are her protectors.

When Andrea, Charlotte or Pierre visit the Principality, do they stay(along with their significant others) at Princess Caroline's villa Clos St. Pierre or do they all have rooms at the Palais Princier?

I have always wondered, thanks in advance!

I always imagined them using their rooms at Clos St. Pierre. However, I don't doubt they could stay at the Palais Princier if they wish to. I mean, if they want to shoot the breeze with Uncle Bebert or something! I'm sure he wouldn't tell them 'no.' :lol:

Also, I think Andrea has an apartment of his own in Monte-Carlo. And Charlotte and Pierre have been known to reserve apartment at the beach club but that's like a hotel, on a day by day basis, so....

Last edited:
I was looking Jazmin's graduation photos and i was wondering if any of you has ever heard/read anything about Andrea's (or Charlotte's) graduation.

Nothing at all, Princess Caroline kept the lives of her family as private as possible

I always wonder why Char's Bac results were published in all the media, but we never heard anything of Andrea's IB results, nor of Pierre's Bac result.
What were Charlotte's Bac results by the way? :flowers:

What were Charlotte's Bac results by the way? :flowers:
Excellent. Literally. :ROFLMAO: She got a "trés bien". ;) I think she sat her written ENS exams in... mid 2006? But she wasn't a candidate for the oral exam. She did her ENS preparation at Lycée Fénelon in St-Germain-des-Près if I remember correctly. :flowers:

^ Everything you say is true Thecia. And if i remember correct when she tried for ENS she passed the oral exams but failed in written.:sad:

Excellent. Literally. :ROFLMAO: She got a "trés bien". ;) I think she sat her written ENS exams in... mid 2006? But she wasn't a candidate for the oral exam. She did her ENS preparation at Lycée Fénelon in St-Germain-des-Près if I remember correctly. :flowers:
:flowers:Thank you a lot for the info, Thecia

^ Everything you say is true Thecia. And if i remember correct when she tried for ENS she passed the oral exams but failed in written.:sad:

I think :ermm: it was in fact the written exam she failed..... because I believe that the oral exam was the one you had to qualify for with the written.

It was definitely in June 2006. I remember when it was happening. We were following on tenderhooks, checking the ENS website for Char's name on the candidates list when it came out. :D I really wanted her to get in and I was so disappointed when I she didn't go onto the next phase! :sad: Even though I knew it was a long shot for her to get in, for anyone to get in, I just hoped and convinced myself she'd do it in true superhero style. I wonder how things would be different now if she had gotten into ENS. I forgot how many years it is. Would she be finished by now?

^^I also wanted her to get in..Studies there last four years( in general )but she had already spend two years in Fenelon to prepare herself.She used to read everywhere: Zurs,at Pacha..:rolleyes:She would still live in Paris,and i guess that we would still wonder if she has an apartment at St. Andre des Arts road and about her books like we did back then.:p

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed but I was just wondering if Charlotte marries, who is more likely to give her away? Prince Ernst or Prince Albert? I just have a feeling that it might be Prince Albert. What do you guys think?

Hope I've posted this in the right thread.:flowers:

Um...definitely NOT Ernst. I mean--speculating a little bit here--but even if her mom doesn't divorce him, I can't see that. Char & Ernst never gave off a close vibe to me, more of a casual, cordial type relationship. I'm guessing Albert. Which would be too adorable for words.

Or perhaps one of her brothers or Caroline.

I think Prince Albert! This is the closest possibility, unless she feels Ernst like her second father! It is to her to decide

Well, i also think that Albert will give her away. But we will see when time comes!
I was wondering, - i am not really good when it comes to the french school system -
Char didn't pass the exams (ENS) which enter you to the University or?

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed but I was just wondering if Charlotte marries, who is more likely to give her away? Prince Ernst or Prince Albert? I just have a feeling that it might be Prince Albert. What do you guys think?

Hope I've posted this in the right thread.:flowers:
Good question...
My guess would either be Andrea, Pierre, Caroline or Albert. But I'm going to speculate that is a long ways off yet.....:whistling:

Back
Top Bottom