General Questions about Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gosh, if she really speaks german, english, french and maybe some italian than she would speak 4 (!!!) languages at the age of 8.. i feel sorry for her, that must be exausting and pretty confusing sometimes!

I agree with you, she has a snob attitude now, though she probably changed her character after Stefano's death, too. I can't tell from the pics what is her character but I can easily see her snobbish attitude and I am quite sure it is because of her royal marriage.
We cannot know how she behaves because we don´t see her or speak to her, and that´s the way we see someone´s attitude, so i think it´s unfair to say she´s a snob. If we take into account her latest activities, in Africa and the Philippines for instance, we can say she´s kind and compassionate and that she works a lot without any need to do so.

Princess Caroline also speaks Latin and Greek. She said that on 20/20 with Diane Sawyer almost 11 years ago. She speaks many langauges, like English, French, Italian, Spanish and German. She's very very smart.:) I read that Caroline speaks French to her three older children and I also read that when Stefano was alive, he speak Italian to Princess Caroline and maybe to Charlotte, Andreas and Pierre. Now I think Princess Caroline speaks German or/and English to Prince Ernst-August and their daughter, Alexandra. :flowers:

I have always wondered why Caroline didn't give Charlotte or Alexandra the name "Grace" as a middle name. Considering it was the name of her late mother, you would think it would be natural for her to have given one of her daughters that name. Does anyone know why she decided not to?

^ Maybe she didn't because Jazmin and Pauline already have Grace as their middle name (if Caroline knew about Jazmin before Alexandra was born, that is). She might not have wanted to be redundant.

Last edited:
I have always wondered why Caroline didn't give Charlotte or Alexandra the name "Grace" as a middle name. Considering it was the name of her late mother, you would think it would be natural for her to have given one of her daughters that name. Does anyone know why she decided not to?

if i remember well, i remind an interview of pss caroline to point de vue magazine some years ago where she explained why she didn't name charlotte after the late princess grace. she said that she didn't do it because it would have been too difficult for the little girl to go by that name. princess grace was so much loved and admired world wide, she had begun to dread the inevitable comparison between the two of them. that's why she prefered to choose the name charlotte, after prince rainier's mother.

Last edited:
I read in 1986, just when Charlotte was born, that Caroline didnt name her after grace because " There was just one and only Grace ".

Princess Caroline also speaks Latin and Greek. She said that on 20/20 with Diane Sawyer almost 11 years ago.
I am sure she meant that she studied Latin and Ancient Greek in school, as many of us in Europe do and did. We have learnt how to translate written sentences or poems with the help of a dictionary, but nobody can speak Latin and Ancient Greek. They both are dead languages. I guees only a few Latin or Ancient Greek University Professors and a few Catholic Cardinals can say that. In Europe, they laugh at you if you say that you can speak Latin and Greek!

Last edited:
Caroline was studying to be a linguist, correct (she, also, speaks English French, German, and Italian - all fluently, correct?)

I read in 1986, just when Charlotte was born, that Caroline didnt name her after grace because " There was just one and only Grace ".

Stefano agreed with her. When the announcement of Caroline's pregnancy with Charlotte came, a journalist asked Stefano if they would name a daughter Grace, and he said no, definitely not. He said he thought it would be "ridiculous" or something to name a daughter after her grandmother. I don't know why it is "ridiculous" but I am glad Charlotte is named Charlotte. :D "Grace Casiraghi" sounds ok though.....

It could also be that the 3 members named Grace on the Kelly side of the family died very young. Princess Grace's Aunt, whom she was named after, died unexpectedly of a heart attack at I think at the age of 20 or 21, then Princess Grace died in a car accident at the age of 52, then in 1999, Grace Levine, daughter of Princess Grace's sister, Lizanne Levine, who was also very close to Princess Caroline, died of cancer at the age of 43. Very uncanny that they all died so young and they were all named Grace!

Last edited:
" Charlotte Grace casiraghi" would not have been bad, though.
Anyway both Stephanie and Albert daughters have " Grace" as middle name.

I am sure she meant that she studied Latin and Ancient Greek in school, as many of us in Europe do and did. We have learnt how to translate written sentences or poems with the help of a dictionary, but nobody can speak Latin and Ancient Greek. They both are dead languages. I guees only a few Latin or Ancient Greek University Professors and a few Catholic Cardinals can say that. In Europe, they laugh at you if you say that you can speak Latin and Greek!

I agree with you Giov, it is correct, you don't speak, but study those languages...I was born in Finland and in Scandinavia you do not study Latin or Ancient Greek at school, but now I have my children livinh in Italy having Latin in high school...it is not easy at all, though you don't speak or hear it just study...one of the most difficult subjects at school I think...

I am not sure if this is right topic here, but I'll go ahead and ask a question.

I am looking for information about Princess Caroline reading philosophy. I know she read all of Greek philosophers but is there any other philosophers she likes to read?

Chantal:)

As far as I know Caroline is very interested in German philosophers of the 18th and 19th century.

If she will be the monarch!

I have one question.

If Prince Albert dies unmarried, his sister Caroline will be Princess Regent of Monaco. Is then the title of her husband HRH Prince Ernst August of Hannover, Prince Consort of Monaco or will he remains HRH Prince Ernst August of Hannover? And would her children then be titled as Princes and Princess of Monaco?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom