The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Even if the wedding were to be held in Monaco I would expect it to be a pretty low key event. Civil ceremony in the palace throne room and perhaps the religious ceremony in the palace chapel, rather like Carolines first wedding but without the walk about.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Even if the wedding were to be held in Monaco I would expect it to be a pretty low key event. Civil ceremony in the palace throne room and perhaps the religious ceremony in the palace chapel, rather like Carolines first wedding but without the walk about.
With 600 guests and people she had never met, including Hollywood stars, Caroline´s first wedding was anything but low profile.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Andrea is currently taking his master's degree at University of Barcelona, I think Tatiana is working for the company she created with a friend.
I have no idea what is Andrea doing or living but he certainly is not has has not been living in Spain this year. That's something someone wrote in wikipedia for no apparent reason.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Serene Highness

Lumutqueen, what kind of company is that?
Old 07-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
I have no idea what is Andrea doing or living but he certainly is not has has not been living in Spain this year. That's something someone wrote in wikipedia for no apparent reason.
It wasn't just something somebody wrote, it was featured in several magazines and even a few english ones. If he's not been studying, has he just wasted his time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Lumutqueen, what kind of company is that?
That would be the Muzungu Sisters, The Muzungu sisters team up with Missoni for a new collaboration (Vogue.com UK)
Old 07-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It wasn't just something somebody wrote, it was featured in several magazines and even a few english ones. If he's not been studying, has he just wasted his time?
It certainly wouldn't be the first time a magazine or newspaper basically copied and pasted what they find on Wikipedia, which is obviously of questionable reliability.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
It certainly wouldn't be the first time a magazine or newspaper basically copied and pasted what they find on Wikipedia, which is obviously of questionable reliability.
I think it was the other way around, the information on wikipedia has a citation linking to a royal website.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I think it was the other way around, the information on wikipedia has a citation linking to a royal website.
The information about Andrea studying in Barcelona? Wikipedia links to a gossip blog, which itself links to examiner.com, which anyone can write for. I have no idea if he's studying there or not, but none of those sources are reliable.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Serene Highness

I think he is working in Monaco. Andrea was named by PA has head or an executive position of I think the palace guard this spring.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Andrea received honorary rank of Corporal in the palace guard. Some sites claimed he was made a Brigadier, which is a rank that does not exist in Monaco. I think it was a mistranslation Brigade/Brigadier. Even Prince Albert only holds the rank of Colonel in his palace guards so it would be ridiculous to give his nephew a higher rank than the Sovereign Prince.
Whatever his honorary rank in the guards it would hardly be a full time position so whatever he is up to it must be something other than this.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Courtier

I have no proof that Andrea is not studying in Barcelona, but Hello/Hola magazine is just the iceberg tip of the huge industry that "pink press" (as we call it) has become in spain.
And all those magazines and paparazzi are fascinated by the Grimaldi and Casiraghi.

The University of Barcelona is not a private elite university. It is a huge public university where everyone can walk around every building and enter everywhere.

If Andrea hadd been there since last october, believe me, the local gossip magazines would had been chasing him around since day one, and we would have tons of pics of him.
Yet, there as been absolutetly nothing about it in the national gossip press. That's why I'm 100% sure he never studied in Barcelona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Andrea received honorary rank of Corporal in the palace guard. Some sites claimed he was made a Brigadier, which is a rank that does not exist in Monaco. I think it was a mistranslation Brigade/Brigadier. Even Prince Albert only holds the rank of Colonel in his palace guards so it would be ridiculous to give his nephew a higher rank than the Sovereign Prince.
Whatever his honorary rank in the guards it would hardly be a full time position so whatever he is up to it must be something other than this.
In the french military system Brigadier is one of the lower ranks in the army, way lower than a Colonel, so it is very possible that Andrea was made one.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
In the french military system Brigadier is one of the lower ranks in the army, way lower than a Colonel, so it is very possible that Andrea was made one.
True, count on the French to be "distinct". It must make for some interesting confusion when a Brigadier (general) in other NATO armies meets up witha Brigadier (caporal) in the French army.

Caporal (infantry) or Brigadier (cavalry) : in command of an équipe.

What ever his rank in the Monagasque guards it still unlikely to be a fulltime profession. If it was he would be seen out and about in Monaco regularly, probably taking part in the changing of the guard as well.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Serene Highness

I am very pleased with this match. Congratulations to the couple!!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002 View Post
I am very pleased with this match. Congratulations to the couple!!
Has the wedding date been hinted at?
Old 07-09-2012, 01:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
The information about Andrea studying in Barcelona? Wikipedia links to a gossip blog, which itself links to examiner.com, which anyone can write for. I have no idea if he's studying there or not, but none of those sources are reliable.
I'm one of the primary royal writers for Examiner, on Royal News. I can tell you that not everyone can write for them...but many people can write outside their assigned topic. (for example I'm constantly commenting on the Hartford Pop Culture Examiner for her awful royal coverage ). So someone could get accepted as the "Ford Trucks Examiner" but publish something on another topic. But I digress - I just wanted to note that I can't vouch for anything other than "Royal News Examiner" and "UK Royal News Examiner". I cover the former, and Linda Gentile the latter - we both have decades of experience following and covering the royals.

ANYWAY - the point of all of this is that my last update on that wikipedia page was that Andrea was employed at the Qatar Embassy. I've not ever known him to be at the University of Barcelona. I think it is a bit foggy if he is STILL at the embassy, but that was my last confirmation. I wouldn't have linked that to myself as a source though...that always seems a bit wrong to me :-)

As for Tatiana - she is employed by her Mazunga Sisters fashion line primarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Has the wedding date been hinted at?
Just Summer 2013, nothing more specific.

Quick note to all - I've removed that U of Barcelona part from the Wikipedia entry. While I know I would never source from wikipedia, I at least like to try and help them have good information. If nothing else...so when I kill time at work I'm reading good stuff!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:54 AM
Serene Highness

I don´t know where the rumor of Barcelona comes from, but if the Casiraghis barely speak Italian, it´s quite nonsensical that they speak Spanish.

I guess this info about Tatiana is official, since it´s provided by the Muzungu Sisters page.

Muzungu Sisters available now only at Motilo.com

I´d like to quote something that drew my attention " In promoting the products featured on Muzungu Sisters, Dana and Tatiana hope to shine a light on the rare artistry found in various communities, and to stimulate those local economies, all while providing customers with timeless, hand-selected items of impeccable quality and style."

Looks like the girl has some social concerns, and that, considering her origins, speaks a lot about her.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I don´t know where the rumor of Barcelona comes from, but if the Casiraghis barely speak Italian, it´s quite nonsensical that they speak Spanish.

Also, in the Universtiy of Barcelona most courses are not even in spanish but in catalonian, the regional language! Even more difficult for him to follow!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

According to a spanish article that i read somewhere in other forums, Andrea works at SBM.
He also has worked at Aravena, a french company of electricity (i think)
I have to look for the scans of that magazine.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Courtier

I just saw these pictures of the wedding of Spanish soccer player Iniesta.
Andrés Iniesta y Anna Ortiz se dan el 'sí, quiero' en una idílica boda celebrada a orillas del mar - Foto 1
I could totally see this style on Andrea and Tatiana.

They also have an article on Tatiana: http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_mon...mingo-twitter/
Old 07-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mktv2000 View Post
I'm one of the primary royal writers for Examiner, on Royal News. I can tell you that not everyone can write for them...but many people can write outside their assigned topic. (for example I'm constantly commenting on the Hartford Pop Culture Examiner for her awful royal coverage ). So someone could get accepted as the "Ford Trucks Examiner" but publish something on another topic. But I digress - I just wanted to note that I can't vouch for anything other than "Royal News Examiner" and "UK Royal News Examiner". I cover the former, and Linda Gentile the latter - we both have decades of experience following and covering the royals.
Thank you for the clarification, and I apologize for my sweeping generalization. I've just had the misfortune of running across enough poorly written articles for Examiner that I've become perhaps a bit too dismissive! But thank you for your links, I'll check those out. :)