The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Serene Highness

I´d like to check some information I posted above as regards Tatiana´s place of birth, but I don´t know which source would be reliable´. Wikipedia says Geneva, but I read in other sites she was born in NY. Anybody knows? Anyway, she´s not Colombian.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Courtier

Tatiana's mother, Vera Rechulski is from Brazil and lives there. (Her name sounds Polish.) Tatiana's paternal grandmother, Edalia Braga also was from Brazil. Tatiana's paternal grandfather, Julio Mario Santo Domingo is Columbian as were his parents. I don't understand why some would say that Tatiana is not Columbian. Her father's side definitely is Columbian. OK, so she is Brazilian-Columbian and educated and raised abroad.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
Tatiana's mother, Vera Rechulski is from Brazil and lives there. (Her name sounds Polish.) Tatiana's paternal grandmother, Edalia Braga also was from Brazil. Tatiana's paternal grandfather, Julio Mario Santo Domingo is Columbian as were his parents. I don't understand why some would say that Tatiana is not Columbian. Her father's side definitely is Columbian. OK, so she is Brazilian-Columbian and educated and raised abroad.

I think it is claer we are talking about the place where she was born. All my family from both sides is from Italy, and I´m not Italian, even if I got the nationality. We may say she has SouthAmerican roots, but she was not born there.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:33 AM

Congratulations to a happy couple.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I´d like to check some information I posted above as regards Tatiana´s place of birth, but I don´t know which source would be reliable´. Wikipedia says Geneva, but I read in other sites she was born in NY. Anybody knows? Anyway, she´s not Colombian.
I think that in a Mugunzu Sisters interview she gave she said she was born in NY so...
Apparently she was born in NY, but went to school in Geneva. And then France, etc.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to the future Monsieur et Madame Andrea Casiraghi.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
I think that in a Mugunzu Sisters interview she gave she said she was born in NY so...
Apparently she was born in NY, but went to school in Geneva. And then France, etc.
I don't know what her passport says, but a few months ago she said in an interview for Telva Magazine that she doesn't identify with any particular nationality and she feels simply european.
She identifies with a language, though. She said that she thinks in french because her parents met in Paris, and so they spoke french between themselves and at home.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Serene Highness

So they're finally engaged..
Old 07-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow finally...I must say they're both marrying into some well to do families. it's about time.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness

Andrea dropped off the radar for a while and Tatiana was appearing at events without him. I thought they were done.Their engagement is welcoming news for the couple and their families.

I wonder where the wedding will be held?

I hope she has a nontraditional wedding attire, like her friend did. I like bridesmaid dress in Renaissance gowns and a lot of color.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness

I will be very surprised if it's not in Monaco. Andrea is 2nd in line to the throne. I'm not sure he has a choice.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I WANT PHOTOS!!! I WANT A RING!!! I WANT A PICTURE OF THE HAPPY COUPLE!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Aristocracy

Caroline's office did not send the announcement to Nice Matin only - it was sent out as a release to the news media in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
I find it a little bit strange, that CP Caroline give this statement via NiceMatin... we all know, how CP Caroline about media thinks. It will be more better, if the Palace write this, he is also member of this family (and her mother is on the official page, so I don't understand why can't she write this news there...?) So are you really sure, that this is true? I am not...

News - Prince
Old 07-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Aristocracy

Tatiana was born in New York City. In Spain and in South American countries, a woman keeps her surname and it forms a part of the child's surname. Tatiana does not live in any of these countries. Most likely, she will be known as Tatiana Casiraghi, but might keep her own name for professional reasons.

Moreover the Casiraghis are not noble so there is no de before their surname.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Tatiana was born in Geneva. If I´m not wrong she never lived in Colombia or Brazil. She only went there for vacacions, so we can say she belongs o a very different culture, one that has not much to do with any S. American country.

Tatiana Santo Domingo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Andrea is not a member of the princely family. He is second in line but he is not a direct heir. He has not been groomed to be a dynast .. when he was born the old succession law was in effect. (When ALbert succeeded, his siblings and their descendants ceased to heirs). The newer law allows for the succession of the prince's siblings and descendants, but they drop out when the Prince's child succeeds ..I would expect the wedding to take place somewhere in Italy or in Paris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
I will be very surprised if it's not in Monaco. Andrea is 2nd in line to the throne. I'm not sure he has a choice.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:03 AM
Courtier

The bride has a say in the wedding plans - always.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneKoenig View Post
Moreover the Casiraghis are not noble so there is no de before their surname.
That's an old missconception. The "de" particle has not relation whatsoever with nobility. Many surnames wear a "de" without any relation with nobility and you can also have a title and not wear a "de" (like Caroline Grimaldi)
Old 07-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Andrea dropped off the radar for a while and Tatiana was appearing at events without him. I thought they were done.Their engagement is welcoming news for the couple and their families.

I wonder where the wedding will be held?

I hope she has a nontraditional wedding attire, like her friend did. I like bridesmaid dress in Renaissance gowns and a lot of color.
I don't think that they had their best moments while having their relationship!
They must have their good and bad times, of course, like all the couples that are a very long time together!!
It was unexpected for me these 2 to get engaged! Maybe because their relationship was for me static.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are these two working? Or are they still studying?
Old 07-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Are these two working? Or are they still studying?
Andrea is currently taking his master's degree at University of Barcelona, I think Tatiana is working for the company she created with a friend.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

Tatiana Santo Domingo: The bohemian beauty who won over Monaco's golden boy

Who is Tatiana Santo Domingo - hellomagazine.com