Engagement of Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo; 2 July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to see the engagement ring..if it's going to be à heirlom belonging to Princess Charlotte,Grace or Caroline.I suddenly miss Stefano Casiraghi.He will never see his eldest wed.

That is an interesting thought about a family ring but I think that the engaged couple are independent and will pick their own ring. Stephano is watching from heaven of course!

Last edited:
Congrats to the couple! Wheather she uses her maiden name or married name, I hope they will be happy!

Last edited:
That is an interesting thought about a family ring but I think that the engaged couple are independent and will pick their own ring. Stephano is watching from heaven of course!

I can still remember the day that he died..it was huge in Spain.I feel so sorry for the kids.I watched the trio grew up from afar.Time flies! I wish him and Tatiana all the best.

I hope this fabulously rich and attractive couple will live very happy lives together. With all of their advantages they should make the most of it.

I hope Tatiana becomes Tatiana Santo Domingo-Casiraghi. What a knock-out name. What's not to love and admire about this.

I wish them both a happy, sincere, honest and love-filled marriage. Can't wait for the engagement ring, wedding gown, nuptials, following celebrations, etc. Lots of fun to read about.

burnt said:
I can still remember the day that he died..it was huge in Spain.I feel so sorry for the kids.I watched the trio grew up from afar.Time flies! I wish him and Tatiana all the best.

I remember the accident as well. Caroline was actually the age I am now. Can't imagine what it took for her to raise the kids in the face of such grief. She must be thinking of Stefano alot now that Andreas engaged to be married. Bittersweet, for sure.

I was thinking what a fabulous family Grace and Ranieri created........and now life goes on with their grandchildren being adults, getting married..I don't want to sound too sentimental but it really gives me the idea of time going by. Kudos to Grace and Ranieri and the fabulous family they brought up, three siblings who are now giving way to the new generations.

Having so many surnames comes across as haughty. I was glad to stop using my double-barrelled name.

Fantastic news! Congratulations to the happy couple. I'll be looking forward to the wedding.

I´d like to check some information I posted above as regards Tatiana´s place of birth, but I don´t know which source would be reliable´. Wikipedia says Geneva, but I read in other sites she was born in NY. Anybody knows? Anyway, she´s not Colombian.

Tatiana's mother, Vera Rechulski is from Brazil and lives there. (Her name sounds Polish.) Tatiana's paternal grandmother, Edalia Braga also was from Brazil. Tatiana's paternal grandfather, Julio Mario Santo Domingo is Columbian as were his parents. I don't understand why some would say that Tatiana is not Columbian. Her father's side definitely is Columbian. OK, so she is Brazilian-Columbian and educated and raised abroad.

Tatiana's mother, Vera Rechulski is from Brazil and lives there. (Her name sounds Polish.) Tatiana's paternal grandmother, Edalia Braga also was from Brazil. Tatiana's paternal grandfather, Julio Mario Santo Domingo is Columbian as were his parents. I don't understand why some would say that Tatiana is not Columbian. Her father's side definitely is Columbian. OK, so she is Brazilian-Columbian and educated and raised abroad.

I think it is claer we are talking about the place where she was born. All my family from both sides is from Italy, and I´m not Italian, even if I got the nationality. We may say she has SouthAmerican roots, but she was not born there.

I´d like to check some information I posted above as regards Tatiana´s place of birth, but I don´t know which source would be reliable´. Wikipedia says Geneva, but I read in other sites she was born in NY. Anybody knows? Anyway, she´s not Colombian.
I think that in a Mugunzu Sisters interview she gave she said she was born in NY so...
Apparently she was born in NY, but went to school in Geneva. And then France, etc.

Congratulations to the future Monsieur et Madame Andrea Casiraghi.:flowers:

I think that in a Mugunzu Sisters interview she gave she said she was born in NY so...
Apparently she was born in NY, but went to school in Geneva. And then France, etc.

I don't know what her passport says, but a few months ago she said in an interview for Telva Magazine that she doesn't identify with any particular nationality and she feels simply european.
She identifies with a language, though. She said that she thinks in french because her parents met in Paris, and so they spoke french between themselves and at home.

Last edited:
So they're finally engaged..

Wow finally...I must say they're both marrying into some well to do families. it's about time.

Andrea dropped off the radar for a while and Tatiana was appearing at events without him. I thought they were done.Their engagement is welcoming news for the couple and their families.

I wonder where the wedding will be held?

I hope she has a nontraditional wedding attire, like her friend did. I like bridesmaid dress in Renaissance gowns and a lot of color.:flowers:

I will be very surprised if it's not in Monaco. Andrea is 2nd in line to the throne. I'm not sure he has a choice.

Well, I WANT PHOTOS!!! :photo: I WANT A RING!!! :clap: I WANT A PICTURE OF THE HAPPY COUPLE!!! :twohearts:

Caroline's office did not send the announcement to Nice Matin only - it was sent out as a release to the news media in general.

I find it a little bit strange, that CP Caroline give this statement via NiceMatin... we all know, how CP Caroline about media thinks. It will be more better, if the Palace write this, he is also member of this family (and her mother is on the official page, so I don't understand why can't she write this news there...?) So are you really sure, that this is true? I am not... :whistling:

News - Prince

Tatiana was born in New York City. In Spain and in South American countries, a woman keeps her surname and it forms a part of the child's surname. Tatiana does not live in any of these countries. Most likely, she will be known as Tatiana Casiraghi, but might keep her own name for professional reasons.

Moreover the Casiraghis are not noble so there is no de before their surname.

Tatiana was born in Geneva. If I´m not wrong she never lived in Colombia or Brazil. She only went there for vacacions, so we can say she belongs o a very different culture, one that has not much to do with any S. American country.

Tatiana Santo Domingo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Andrea is not a member of the princely family. He is second in line but he is not a direct heir. He has not been groomed to be a dynast .. when he was born the old succession law was in effect. (When ALbert succeeded, his siblings and their descendants ceased to heirs). The newer law allows for the succession of the prince's siblings and descendants, but they drop out when the Prince's child succeeds ..I would expect the wedding to take place somewhere in Italy or in Paris.

I will be very surprised if it's not in Monaco. Andrea is 2nd in line to the throne. I'm not sure he has a choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bride has a say in the wedding plans - always.

Moreover the Casiraghis are not noble so there is no de before their surname.

That's an old missconception. The "de" particle has not relation whatsoever with nobility. Many surnames wear a "de" without any relation with nobility and you can also have a title and not wear a "de" (like Caroline Grimaldi)

Andrea dropped off the radar for a while and Tatiana was appearing at events without him. I thought they were done.Their engagement is welcoming news for the couple and their families.

I wonder where the wedding will be held?

I hope she has a nontraditional wedding attire, like her friend did. I like bridesmaid dress in Renaissance gowns and a lot of color.:flowers:

I don't think that they had their best moments while having their relationship!
They must have their good and bad times, of course, like all the couples that are a very long time together!!
It was unexpected for me these 2 to get engaged! Maybe because their relationship was for me static.

Are these two working? Or are they still studying?

Are these two working? Or are they still studying?

Andrea is currently taking his master's degree at University of Barcelona, I think Tatiana is working for the company she created with a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom