Current press reports: Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PE looks quite tanned but apart from that I think he looks quite ill:ohmy:, he looks like he has lost heaps of weight in his body and face...perhaps all the stress he has been under since the public flirtacious fotos that were taken in Thailand....perhaps his only real friend is :wine: que sera sera:whistling:

Rumours, I personally don't believe them, as I feel Princess Caroline plans to remain married once and for all, which has always been her intention.

I say the above because she never wanted to divorce Phillip Junot, believing of course with total conviction that Catholics don't get divorced. However, her mother finally convinced her to divorce the playboy Phillip Junot. Then she took her time (3 years) before finally deciding to get married to Stefano Casiraghi, whom she had 3 children with, happily married for 7 years before she was widowed due to his death in 1990. Lastly, an entire 9 years went by before she decided to settle down once and for all with Prince Ernst August of Hanover. And she's been married to him for 12 years now, with one child, and despite their marital problems I honestly don't think Princess Caroline, as a Catholic, will divorce him.

My question though is can a husband force his wife to divorce him?

If it was up to Caroline I think she would just prefer to remain married in name only, if given the option, but when the other partner flaunts his peccadillos flagrantly and openly in the face of the public and media, it must be tough. :(

ps: in the above photos Caroline is *not* kissing the other gentleman, he just pecks her on the cheek, a friendly greeting in Italian. :)

I think she should divorce him. I know they seperated, but they are still marrried and Ersnt is being seen with another women. This means cheating, in my opinion. Caroline doesn't deserve them.. She is a princess by birth, she doesn't need Ernst's title.
And also I don't think she is invented ceremonies of foreign royals. So she doesn't need to be HRH

Last edited:
showing the finger to each other in public and finding it hilarious, its easy to see what level both are on, they are chavy people, one of them happens to be an HRH, you cant buy class.

I always thought that Caroline was so desperate for the title that she didnt bother getting married to a rude snob, she may be a snob herself but she knows what to do in public and what not, now its coming back straight into her face, getting involved with such a classless individual, embarrassing his wife in public.

its ridiculous that there is no official separation, he has been doing what he wants to from day one after the obvious split, with the world watching and being invited to watch, on purpose, remember this is a man who used to beat up or threaten to beating up people for taking pictures even at official functions.

"Chavy people" is soooo right on target of a description I can't add a word!:lol:

Caroline has conducted herself impeccably since the separation. She seems to be putting her young daughter's needs first.

I don't know what to think about her involvement with E-A. When I first read about it, I thought he might finally be the PERFECT husband for her despite the less than ideal beginnings of the relationship.

But as you said, a title and money does not guarantee class....let alone happiness.

And I cannot believe some people are speculating that this OAF will be invited to Prince Albert's wedding this summer?!:eek:

Well, that's a rumour that's been going on since last summer. i Don't believe P. Caroline wouldn't be so unwise as to show herself in public in a romantic attitude with a man while still married to another one. After all, she has two daughters ( one of wich is still a child and whose father would be, then, the « betrayed husband » ) to whom she needs to set a good example and be a good role model. Besides, that kind of behaviour just doesn't fit her nature. Of course, we can think of Villas and Robertino Rosselini, but, back then she was young, had recently divorced and she was commiting all the « normal » excesses of this kind of situation. Then came Lindon, but, again, she was a free woman ( unfortunately for her ). Now, she's married and that makes all the difference. Finally if you watch closely the photo where P. Caroline is kissing her alleged new boyfriend, you'll notice she's kissing him on the cheek in the presence of her girls. And, after last summer were they ever seen together again? I don't think so... so to me this is very shakespeareanly « much ado about nothing...» :mad: :mad: :mad:

They probably are very good friends and might have an interest in each other, but like lazuli said, Caroline is unlikely to hurt Alexandra that way, and also she wouldn't want to hurt her chances of getting out of the marriage. She will want to be able to cite herself as the injured party. So maybe in the future, after a divorce, Caroline will pursue her interest in this man, but for now, it's lips sealed and discretion on! :)

I think Caroline is too intelligent to put herself in * yet again* another relationship.

Cant we just let Princess Caroline be for the moment:nonono:...she has PA's wedding to CW to deal with in the next few months I say just lets enjoy the build up to the wedding and see what happens...if there is anything going on she will share in her own time.;)

I don't see Caroline divorcing anytime soon. After Pr. Albert's wedding Charlene as his spouse will be "Princess of Monaco". But Caroline with her HRH status will be the most senior lady in the land. Believe it or not these people DO care about this sort of thing. (Diana was very troubled by losing HRH status.) Perhaps Caroline and EA have an understanding or agreement to stay married but lead separate lives. he has his freedom, away from the spotlight, which BTW always irked him, she can keep HRH status. Nice compensation for putting up with years of his brutish behavior. (and for sticking up for him in court.)
As far as having a new gentleman friend, I agree I don't think she would have a "public"
relationship, ie taking him on family vacations etc., the way she did with EA before they were married. But I hope she does find happiness, who wants to be alone? And I think she deserves it!

Well said, Vanya ..... the HRH handle is too useful to relinquish.

Mind you, I'm torn between "Son Altesse Royale" and "Son Altesse Sérénissime" - they both sound delicious !

Let's hope they have a civilised "almost-divorce" .... is there such a thing ?? :)

Vanya Trubetskoy said:
But Caroline with her HRH status will be the most senior lady in the land.

No she won't- an ruling sovereign (which PA is) is higher then a non ruling princess whether HRH or HSH so Charlene will be the most senior lady royally-

HSH Prince Albert is equal to HRH Queen Elizabeth in royal rank, the HSH and HRH make no difference, they are both ruling sovereigns

If Caroline doesn't divorce just because she wants to keep her title, it sounds a bit ridiculous... Maybe I can't understand it because I'm not a royal, but according to me, "Altesse Royale" or "Altesse Sérénissime" are not very different. They are just titles, that's not representative of who she really is. If she divorces she'll keep her children's love, her comfortable life, her wealth... I really don't understand where the problem is. But maybe there is no problem!

Its also worth pointing out that there is no concrete evidence to suggest that Caroline's primary motive in not divorcing Ernst has to deal with her title.

We keep hearing this but no one has provided any supporting documentaton to support a statement.

It may have more to do with her religion than her politics. She already used up her get out of jaii card with Phillipe Junot and may not want to go through that again. She is used as an example. It took 10 years to get an annulment from Junot. There is also the problem of the Pope visiting Monaco next year. Maybe she wants to wait until after that visit.

I wonder if, under these circumnstances P. Ernst will be invited to his ( still ) brother in law's wedding... :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

I very much doubt it. And if he is, i don't think he will show up.

From religious point of view, Ernest and Caroline are not and never been married to each other. More, if she splits up with Ernest, she'll be again on the Church's "path". If I am wrong, correct me, please.

Marisaa said:
From religious point of view, Ernest and Caroline are not and never been married to each other. More, if she splits up with Ernest, she'll be again on the Church's "path". If I am wrong, correct me, please.

Why from a religious pov? She technically got an annulment from first husband, yes?, and second is deceased so is she able to marry in eyes if the church?

Catholics frown on the divorce. She got an annulment from her first husband after like MANY MANY years. It didn't happen right away. I can actually see her not divorcing Ernst because of her religion. I know...the irony isn't lost on me either.

Perhaps it's also a question of perception.
At present, Caroline has responsibilities towards her brother, but after the wedding, she may have fewer commitments.
She will have more time for herself, and more time to work out what to do with her relationships. These include not just EA, but also his sons.

Why from a religious pov? She technically got an annulment from first husband, yes?, and second is deceased so is she able to marry in eyes if the church?

Yes she got an annullment; but Ernst-August von Hannover is a lutheran AND divorced :whistling: and their daughter Alexandra is raised as an lutheran too :previous:

My question as a catholic myself is Princess Caroline acknowledged by the catholic church as being married to Ernst in the catholic church and if so is her daughter Princess Alexandra accepted by the catholic church as a child of the marriage:innocent::question:

Caroline wed EA in a civil ceremony, so, in the eyes of the RC Church they're concubines, like she and Stefano were, since they'd marrried before a registrar.
EA is a lutheran, but he married Chantal in a religious marriage, and all those christian people who have received baptism, are regarded as Catholic by the RC Church, although they belong to other different denominatons. So EA should have got an anulment from Chantal in order to marry Caroline in the church.

I'm wondering too if Caroline is not agreeing to a divorce because, perhaps, a prenup dictates that their daughter goes to the father should they divorce.

I'm wondering too if Caroline is not agreeing to a divorce because, perhaps, a prenup dictates that their daughter goes to the father should they divorce.
Do we know if they have a pre-nup? I think Caroline is a shrewd lady, and I can't imagine her signing anything that would separate her from any of her children.:ohmy:
Ernst has HRH, but Caroline has the $$$ and quite alot of it!
So, in a sense I could see a pre-nup to protect Caroline's assets, but not one that would take Alexandra.:flowers:

I don't know what to think.
I've read that many people believe that she is not divorcing him because she wants to keep the HRH style. I'm not that sure of that.
Maybe there's a clause in the pre-nup or any other document that says he should stay with Alexandra. IDK.

Back
Top Bottom