Current press reports: Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happiness is relative. Divorce isn't necessarily an equation for "unhappiness." Some people get divorced and discover a new way of being that makes them happier than ever. You don't have to be married forever to "one true love" to be "happy."

Oh yes there are several ways to be happy.....you can be happy without being part of a couple....

I haven't followed Caroline as long as some of you but I definitely think from what I have seen is that that Caroline needs this time to be Caroline the woman and Caroline the mother and not Caroline the woman who is with so and so.

People who go from realtionship to relationship never get a chance to discover what truly makes them happy because they are ALWAYS in a relationship. Always adapting as part of a couple. From what I understand she went from Phillipe, Roberto, Stefano, Vincent and then Ernst. I might have missed some inbetween but she hasn't taken a decent amount of time to be just Caroline. Personally, I think her great love was Stefano. Not that it was perfect as I am sure they had problems (as all married couples do) but she looked genuinely happy with him.

I don't know what is going on with Caroline and Ernst but I do know that everything in life has a purpose and its up to us to learn from it. If she was not meant to spend a life time with Ernst and grow old together, I hope she has learned from this relationship and grows from it. If nothing else, it provided her with her beautiful daughter Alexandra. Whether it is with someone else or by herself. Someone how I can't imagine Caroline by herself for too long.

Last edited:
That's beautifully said, Zonk. I do hope Caroline finds the strength that is inside her to learn to love herself as a whole person even without a man. I think this has been a huge problem in her life. She hasn't been able to be alone. You may be right about this experience with Ernst having a purpose and lesson for her, and perhaps she must learn this very thing. Caroline must learn to love Caroline for who Caroline is without all the trappings.

Does anyone remember what was the last official/public event together for Caroline and Ernst?

Does anyone remember what was the last official/public event together for Caroline and Ernst?

The events of the International Jumping de Monte-Carlo last June.
I can't remember any other official event they've attended after
that.

Just read an article about Caroline being pregnant with her fifth child in Ekstra Bladet. Well, it is not the most reliable news paper in the world, so have anyone else seen or heard anything to that fact???

Just read an article about Caroline being pregnant with her fifth child in Ekstra Bladet. Well, it is not the most reliable news paper in the world, so have anyone else seen or heard anything to that fact???
Pregnant with her 5th child, aged 53 and and separated from her husband ? This is most likely a hoax ?

I...don't think so. It has to be a joke. There were rumors some years ago about her being pregnant with her 5th child, when she still was with EA, but obviously was nothing. I frankly don't think that she might be pregnant. Is highly improbable.

A newspaper hoax for sure - please let us not speculate on such pregnancy rumours!
Thanks for you understanding!

To be pregnant at her age would be almost a miracle. Some papers have a lot of imagination but are not realistic

A sure sign that the Scribblers are short of news.

But then, the Grimaldis must be their favourite "victims".

Only, this time they seemed to have gone a step too far.

I can't pick sides considering it's my cousin Ernie (Mum's side) but in all honest how many of us haven't thought about them breaking up any way they both look miserable together now days.

As the latest "news" turned out to be an April Fools' joke originally
written at and copied from the Royal Musings Blog website, all posts
discussing it have been deleted.

Thanks for your understanding!
Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator

I wonder what Ernst & Caroline will decide to do about the upcoming nuptials for Crown Princess Victoria - do people think either of them will go, & if Caroline were to go,in what capacity -as Serene Highness of Hanover or as first lady of Monaco?

Caroline will come alone as Monaco's first Lady wearing the Monaco's jewelry she wore for the King's 50th birthday. At Felipe and Letitzia wedding E.A. was not at the church office because he was drunk !

:lol: Well technically he was hung over. Then he went to luncheon afterwards and got drunk there too. I think Caroline will go - she still has an technically official role in Monaco and if Albert's going, then why shouldn't she? I'm a little iffy about whether Ernst will attend. Perhaps he will but I doubt they'll attend together. I can imagine the ruckus it would cause if both of them do attend however. Seeing as it would be the first time they've been seen together in nearly a year. Can't you just the headlines now? :lol:

I wonder what Ernst & Caroline will decide to do about the upcoming nuptials for Crown Princess Victoria - do people think either of them will go, & if Caroline were to go,in what capacity -as Serene Highness of Hanover or as first lady of Monaco?

I am doubtful..... I don't know why Caroline should go. I can see Albert going. Of course Albert will go. Why Caroline? As "first lady of Monaco"? Why? Albert is enough to represent Monaco at Sweden's royal wedding. What does Sweden care for Monaco's "first lady"?

But about her status, I am also curious. Will she keep the title of Princess of Hanover? Will she lose the HRH and be HSH The Princess Caroline of Hanover and Monaco? Will she drop the Hanover name altogether? Chantal kept it, so I don't know. Chantal also kept the HRH, or no?:huh:

well you know what they say what comes around............ caroline stole her best friend man know the same man cheatin on her with another best friend! And how long beforethey tell the media they aren't togther>>

I am doubtful..... I don't know why Caroline should go. I can see Albert going. Of course Albert will go. Why Caroline? As "first lady of Monaco"? Why? Albert is enough to represent Monaco at Sweden's royal wedding. What does Sweden care for Monaco's "first lady"?

But about her status, I am also curious. Will she keep the title of Princess of Hanover? Will she lose the HRH and be HSH The Princess Caroline of Hanover and Monaco? Will she drop the Hanover name altogether? Chantal kept it, so I don't know. Chantal also kept the HRH, or no?:huh:

I agree with you CasiraghiTrio. P. Caroline isn't a figure of state. " First Lady " isn't an official charge. The real, and only, statesman of Monaco, like it or not is P. Albert :crown4: and if Monaco is invited to the royal wedding, Sweden will expect him, and only him to represent the country. Besides, the north european monarchies are quite prudish and i don't think they aprove P. Caroline's decisions about her marital life.:censored: Finaly, i don´t think P. Caroline wants to put herself in a position that can be embarrassing to her. :blush: Well, we'll have to wait and see!
:curtsey::curtsey::curtsey:

I agree with you CasiraghiTrio. P. Caroline isn't a figure of state. " First Lady " isn't an official charge. The real, and only, statesman of Monaco, like it or not is P. Albert :crown4: and if Monaco is invited to the royal wedding, Sweden will expect him, and only him to represent the country. Besides, the north european monarchies are quite prudish and i don't think they aprove P. Caroline's decisions about her marital life.:censored: Finaly, i don´t think P. Caroline wants to put herself in a position that can be embarrassing to her. :blush: Well, we'll have to wait and see

That would be something we have Victoria sister and her beau issues at the wedding and Caroline and her husband asualt charges and running around on her :whistling: love to see the press reaction

Yeah, I've always heard that most of the European monarchs find Monaco to be a joke. They also supposedly consider them to be "Eurotrash" given all their divorces, marital infidelity, illegitimate babies, etc. Although, I believe a couple showed up at Albert's enthronement. But I have to say, even though it would make no sense for Caroline to be there and even though I certainly don't agree with many, MANY of the Original Trio's choices, it's quite hypocritical for the other European royals to snub their noses at anybody. They've got skeletons in their closet, too. :whistling:

Yeah, I've always heard that most of the European monarchs find Monaco to be a joke. They also supposedly consider them to be "Eurotrash" given all their divorces, marital infidelity, illegitimate babies, etc. Although, I believe a couple showed up at Albert's enthronement. But I have to say, even though it would make no sense for Caroline to be there and even though I certainly don't agree with many, MANY of the Original Trio's choices, it's quite hypocritical for the other European royals to snub their noses at anybody. They've got skeletons in their closet, too. :whistling:

At least monaco isn't facing a republic like some of these Eu countries:ermm:

;) Hey, I'm the first one to wish Caroline will be at Victoria's wedding. I will be thrilled to see her there. I just have a doubt as to its possibility. But if it happens, power to her, and I hope she dazzles the heck out of Stockholm. :D I guess it's not so unreasonable to think she could be Albert's plus-one. She's more likely to be his +1 than Charlene, for sure,but from what I've seen in the past, he tends to go solo to the royal weddings.

I have no clue about the question of Ernst being there. No clue at all.
He seemed to be necessary at Denmark's and Spain's 2004 weddings, as head of the Hannoverian royal house. Those were crown prince weddings, and the forthcoming in Sweden is of equal importance. I guess it is very likely he wil be invited. Will he choose to go, or send one of his sons? :whistling:

i think only PA will attend, but if Caro attended and was not divorced, i cannot see how she would not be SH of Hanover as that is still her
title isnt it.;)

But Caroline and Ernst probably are not divorced yet. She must retain the HRH as long as she is still married on paper. Until she signs that dotted line, she is still HRH The Princess of Hanover, I imagine. What I don't know is what happens after the divorce is finalized. Does Caroline keep the Hanover title like Chantal did? Maybe not, because Caroline has the Monaco title to revert to. But maybe Caroline would like to keep the Hanover name for Alexandra's sake. Who knows? Time will tell?

No divorce no comments....that means they are still together...maybe they needed some time part to start again...Caro might be in Germany with Ernst this moment...only few people know that...

I agree with you CasiraghiTrio. P. Caroline isn't a figure of state. " First Lady " isn't an official charge. The real, and only, statesman of Monaco, like it or not is P. Albert :crown4: and if Monaco is invited to the royal wedding, Sweden will expect him, and only him to represent the country. Besides, the north european monarchies are quite prudish and i don't think they aprove P. Caroline's decisions about her marital life.:censored: Finaly, i don´t think P. Caroline wants to put herself in a position that can be embarrassing to her. :blush: Well, we'll have to wait and see

That would be something we have Victoria sister and her beau issues at the wedding and Caroline and her husband asualt charges and running around on her :whistling: love to see the press reaction

And today the word's out: Princess Magdalene and Jonas Bergström broke off their engagement, allegedely due to an affair of the groom to be... and Prince Carl Phillip is dating a girl who is persona non grata in the royal family... wich is to say that even the most uptight monarchies have skelletons in the closets. So, now there's no reason whatsoever to invite P. Caroline to the P. Victoria royal wedding just because of her marital situation.... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

According to this article (translated version here) Ernst has been in hiding in Vienna for the last four months since the Thailand photos came out.

Back
Top Bottom