Current press reports: Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the Bunte co ver they have deliberately chosen a pic of Caroline where she doesn't look her best ! It is not a nice thing to do

Of course!!!!

If they choose a Caro pic from the Rose Ball, and the other womans' pic in the sea........ result would different:eek:

well she certainly down played her apperance. She looks as if she just rolled out of bed. I don't think it's because she is sad or whatever. she just looks as if she would rather be some place else. And what is with the slew of people around her? bodyguards? court security? personal assistants? Why would she need so many people around her?

1)The wind was blowing her hair 2) She was wearing glasses that looked functional, not chic 3) She had her head down and this was not a flattering photo angle 4) Her coat was nice, not tres chic. 5) Bodyguards, well yes she did need them. There was guerrilla army of carnivorous paparazzi laying in wait for her. She had asked that the courts keep the press at bay, but that was impossible. 6) I would not advise that anyone testify in court without their attorney, she brought lawyers. 7) After all that has recently happened, why would she look as if she wanted to be at court? And no, I don’t think that she looked like she just rolled out of bed, her hair looks healthier now than it look all summer, it was just too windy.

She looks as old as she is, nearly 53. I actually admire women that don't try to look younger or older as they are, that's honest and shows self-confidence ;)
Those born in 1957 are the best!:lol: She's going through a difficult period, obviously she's not feeling like being picture perfect.

I would slightly disagree with you. The absolutely positive for Caroline "Press instrument" was "Jours de France", presenting her like a perfect good studying girl who found the true love with Philippe Junot. Even where the "other press" was featuring Caro's pictures partying in Paris, "Jours de France" waw reporting that she was partying "once per year" after months of hard working at the University!

Paris Match was different, it was searching the scandal. Do not forget that it was Paris Match who discovered the affair of Caroline with Giullermo Villas, and they put cover with pictures of the couple, in a desert island.
Paris Match started to show a nice image of Caroline, after her mother's loss, and especially after wedding with Stefano, but this was unavoidable. First of all, it was not any scandal in her life, and secondly, this perfect image of a beautiful princess, a love marriage and three pretty kids, was selling!!! A gift! Caroline's life has always been a gold present for the press!
And do not forger the thousand of covers with Stephanie and hr lovers! When Stephanie supposed to be in happy couple with Paul Belmondo, it was Paris Match who first put her in cover with Anthony Delon, in a scandalueous suimsuit, etc etc.
The Monaco family has always been a golden gift for Paris Match, and this they knew it, despite the cost of "suits" they were selling more thant they were paying..
And now Paris Match reduced the coverage, just because Caroline getting older, and for ten years married with EA, is "less selling"!!!

I know this is getting way off topic, and maybe it is time to start a new thread entitled “The Grimaldis and the media”, but I wanted to elaborate on your post.
You are right that Paris-Match has been very exploitative of all the Grimaldis’ shenanigans, always a new opportunity to sell their magazines. However, contrary to “Point de Vue” and “Jours de France” who were sickeningly sycophantic, Paris-Match rolled with the times, preparing for a post-modern, post-sixties audience that was not so uptight. Point-de-Vue has changed its format to make it almost totally ironic, and the stately Jours de France has folded. Paris-Match has survived. As opposed to tabloids which are by nature scandal and judgment oriented, Paris-Match wrapped every titillating picture around a pseudo-admiring text. Caroline is having an affair with Guillermo Vilas and they have pictures to prove it? : “They are no longer hiding!” Every infraction to conventional morality was actually a wholesome means of self-expression, truth to oneself or to one’s love. Paris-Match espoused the new Zeitgeist and helped shape a new morality with a repetitive endorsement of defiance of the old rules. But to go back to “Who is using whom in the media”, something Princess Diana had mastered to some extent (not entirely), let’s imagine what Paris-Match could have said if Princess Caroline had been “caught” with a new friend, instead of Prince Ernst. Highly improbable, for a myriad reasons, but let’s hypothesize. “Fed up with the ambiguity, Princess Caroline is sending a strong message : I’m moving on!” Ernst would still be the loser, because Caroline must always remain the winner: she is the better bet in popularity ratings in the long run.
There is so much more to say, and if you’re interested, Fandesacs, shall we start a new thread ?

She looks as old as she is, nearly 53. I actually admire women that
don't try to look younger or older as they are, that's honest and
shows self-confidence ;) Besides that it's nothing new, during the
last 5-6 years, it's always been changing: looking good, looking
bad, looking old, looking younger, the appearances and opinions
about them have always changed unpredictable..
There is an enormous amount of pressure on you when you are to testify in court anywhere.Caro has had 4[four] children and had three husbands and she smokes.Even so, I think Caro looked appropriate -she was not going to go down the Paris runway or a beauty pageant but to a court of law. I admire her too for not trying to look younger or older. Caro was imo just fine in appearance.

I also believe that she was fine in appearance,modest and dignified.And the most important:she was there.

She looks plain awful on those pictures; I know 53 years old women that looks way better.

From royalblog:

Read the entire article here.

-----

Did the hearing go in French or in German (does the princess speak German?)?

I am curious about the slap. I first thought of the symbolic slap, only one on one cheek, with a glove you are holding, as a sign that you have been insulted or offended, and if the other man is a gentleman, he will accept the challenge and the two men will settle the affair on the dueling grounds: "Grass before breakfast". But here it was apparently two slaps, with an open hand: meaning, I guess, not a fist, as the idea of slapping a disco man with your glove as a challenge to a duel is preposterous. So they are settling the affair in a modern way, in court. Was there any recorded sound of the slaps ? (What is the sound of one hand slapping?) Do we know more about the man's alledged injuries ? What are his arguments for his case ? I may have missed a link that pointed us in that direction.

Have you seen the latest news?? Prince Ernst August´s lawyer , Mathias Prinz , has demanded "BUNTE" for publishing the photos of Ernst with his lover ( appparently a woman from Morocco) in Thailand. What´s your opinion about this? Can´t people be pictured in public places?? I understand nothing at all....:ohmy: .

Have you seen the latest news?? Prince Ernst August´s lawyer , Mathias Prinz , has demanded "BUNTE" for publishing the photos of Ernst with his lover ( appparently a woman from Morocco) in Thailand. What´s your opinion about this? Can´t people be pictured in public places?? I understand nothing at all....:ohmy: .

According to the German law (and the German law is determining here, as
he has a German lawyer and it's a German magazine) every person has
the right in pictures of him-or herself. The image right is a special part of
the general personality right. It states that every person has the right to
decide whether at all or in what context pictures of him/her are published.

So, although it may seem strange considering the fact that it's already
a bit late as everyone has seen the pics and as they are embarrassing
as to the whole situation, Prince Ernst August has the right to sue the
magazines that printed the pictures.

Will be interesting to see. Bunte has lost lawsuits against Caroline in the past, they should know by now what they can do and what they can't.

Their arugument is that EA is a political person, husband of the heiress presumptive on Monaco, therefore it is the right and the duty of the press to write about and print "reality".

Is he suing to "save face," since he is the one obviously carrying publically with someone else! I mean, he is a public figure, so does he REALLY expect not to be photographed in an embarrassing situation?! There are plenty of pictures of him drunk in public, did he ALWAYS sue?!

Just another question , and excuse me for my ignorance of German law. But , why suing the magazine which has already published the photos?? The photos have already damaged Ernst August´s family ( and I am thinking specially about little Alexandra ). Is it possible he thought nobody was going to photograph him???:ermm:

Just another question , and excuse me for my ignorance of German law. But , why suing the magazine which has already published the photos?? The photos have already damaged Ernst August´s family ( and I am thinking specially about little Alexandra ). Is it possible he thought nobody was going to photograph him???:ermm:

Because that man who published the photos doesn't have the right to publish the photos. Men like him always think they won't get caught.

Perhaps he's suing so Alex won't see them when she gets older. I really don't even know what to say about this situation. There could be any number of possibilities, he and Caroline are separated, she could have had affair as well...I mean, I just don't know. I feel bad for Alexandra though.:sad: She's way too young to understand. I just hope she's still totally in the dark.

EA hates the press. Suing them is one of his many tantrums, trying to show who's boss. There is a long history of EA trying to attack the media, verbally and physically. He likes to know who he is and has made it clear many times that he feels superior to the ordinary folk, including the "parasite press". This time he is playing the human rights card, next time he beats somebody up, whatever is the flavour of the moment. When he recovered from illness a few years ago he even felt like courting the media, inviting them to rehab center, granting an interview when riding a fitness bike, a rare occasion when he was sober and had a clear mind, presenting himself as "brute in a suit" :p. Usually EA enjoys being bad, publicly, but if there is one thing about him that is a fact it's his unpredictability or waywardness towards the "outer world". Not the easiest character, really.

Glistening Seas

:candycane:It's easy to assume that Caroline & Ernest are a sad situation but perhaps they only needed to give each other some space and considered it a mutual necessity?? This situation has been hounding them for quite a while now and at least now they can put these events behind them.

:candycane: If they do wind up parting it would probably an amicable one and sometimes when relationships run awry they turn out to be closer after they have parted ways than while married. So, it's simply too early to assume. :heartflower:

I cannot understand what Caroline saw in him, in every sense, especially his personality.

I cannot understand what Caroline saw in him, in every sense, especially his personality.

Maybe the quintessential "bad boy...." I agree - don't really see what he has to offer, other than from the material sense....they do, however, have a lovely daughter together.

I don´t think Ernst and Caroline relationship has been based on "materialistic" interests . She has enough money on her own . None of us can know why she fell with him ....Sometimes , love is strange :).

I don´t think Ernst and Caroline relationship has been based on "materialistic" interests . She has enough money on her own . None of us can know why she fell with him ....Sometimes , love is strange :).

IMO, I think it had a little to do with love, but also his Royal Highness status and his entry into the other royal families was probably at little tempting.

Yes... they don't seem to have much in common, and i must admit that, in the begining i didn't give much for that marrige. But the years went buy and they seemed a steady couple, so... I think P. Caroline only married him because she was pregnant with Alexandra, even though she had feelings ( true feelings ) for him. I think that pregnancy caught her by surprise ( and after the scandal about Stephanie being pregnant with Camilla... ), after all, having an affair with a man is one thing, marring him is another... :p:p:p

I feel so sad for her. No matter for what reasons they got married - though hopefully it was for love - he truely acted like an idiot with those pictures with another woman. This is so humiliating for his wife. And still, she shows class by defending him at court. EA should be ashamed of himself.

I feel so sad for her. No matter for what reasons they got married - though hopefully it was for love - he truely acted like an idiot with those pictures with another woman. This is so humiliating for his wife. And still, she shows class by defending him at court. EA should be ashamed of himself.

Wasn't it humiliating for his first wife and his children from that marriage when photos of him and Caroline started circulating?:ermm:

Why do you all speak of huniliation? What was he supposed to do if he wasn´t in love with her anymore? What were they supposed to do when Chantal and Ernst marriage had finished?, hide themselves? I stated this before, people fall in love with other people while they are still married. Long time relationships are hard to keep, especialy in these days.
No one is guilty, and please, for those who hint that Caroline deserves it because she did the same, you need to grow up.

Why do you all speak of huniliation? What was he supposed to do if he wasn´t in love with her anymore? What were they supposed to do when Chantal and Ernst marriage had finished?, hide themselves?

Yes that is true, that people's marriages fall apart, and people fall in love whilst still married. But they could have done a lot better job of hiding there relationship whilst he was still married.
It must have been horrible for Chantel to see her husband parading around with Caroline, whilst he was still married to her.
They might not of been in love but they once were, and she would of been hurt.

Caroline and Ernst marriage maybe falling apart, but he is still married to her, even if seperated. He should not be swimming in the sea kissing a younger woman.
It must be horrible for Caroline to see those pictures.

Why do you all speak of huniliation? What was he supposed to do if he wasn´t in love with her anymore? What were they supposed to do when Chantal and Ernst marriage had finished?, hide themselves? I stated this before, people fall in love with other people while they are still married. Long time relationships are hard to keep, especialy in these days.
No one is guilty, and please, for those who hint that Caroline deserves it because she did the same, you need to grow up.

Chantal and Ernst marriage was not over; he constantly cheated on her and she looked the other way. I am sure, not that I can speak for her, that she ever expected her husband to leave her for her best friend, Caroline, which was sure an additional insult added to injury. Also, many people cheat while still in love, or loving, their wife/husband/partner.

I am an admirer of Caroline, but she should had seen this coming and she should had been prepared for this as she did the same to her BEST FRIEND at the time, Chantal. This is all rather unfortunate. And for the record., we are quite grown up; infidelity is not considered acceptable to the majority of people whereas to some, it may be a way of life. So please accept the fact that everyone does not live life with your views as you do not live life with ours. That is how grown ups act.

So please accept the fact that everyone does not live life with your views as you do not live life with ours. That is how grown ups act.

You are assuminmg many things, that you cannot possibly know. First, that i live life this way. Second, that Chantal was Caroline´s best friend, when we have only seen a few pictures of them togenther.
And you are contradicting yourself. When i say that a marriage is over, i mean that the relatioship is awful, finished, intolerable, not that they are separated. If Ernst cheated Chantal, the marriage was over long ago before Caroline, only that they, or one of them, to keep appearances, didn´t take the decision to split.

Back
Top Bottom