Current press reports: Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, did not understand in Google Translation of the article. Did Princess Caroline show up at court for her husband Prince Ernst?:);):)

No she turned up to testify as a witness. Ernst isn't attending, I wonder why?

No she turned up to testify as a witness. Ernst isn't attending, I wonder why?

She is really trying in the relationship. If she didn't care couldn't she of sent a letter to court?

If Prince Ernst loses does anyone knows what he can be charged with?
:);):)

She is really trying in the relationship. If she didn't care couldn't she of sent a letter to court?

If Prince Ernst loses does anyone knows what he can be charged with?
:);):)

Assault most likely. I don't think she went because she is trying in her relationship.

Gistening Seas

:twohearts: The articles say that PSS Caroline showed up to testify but what was the outcome does anyone know or is there another procedure after this that we have missed??:heartflower:

Caro has sued those that have been invested with her as she has been hounded since being a teenager by the magazines. Remember the first photo of her to circulate the world at seventeen was one where they got half her breast coming out of the cleavage- of the dress I mean they did that to her and it was hardly fair.

Princess Caroline was featured in international magazines long before she was 17. Just check the thread on Caroline Cover Girl. She was 14 or less before the press knew they had a juicy subject there. Paris-Match, for all its faults, was one of her most ardent idols, always putting a nice twist on any fact or event that might appear negative. Granted, they do it to keep so there is no bad blood and she won't cut them off for future personal interviews, but they helped create a very favorable image of the princess.

Last edited by a moderator:
well she certainly down played her apperance. She looks as if she just rolled out of bed. I don't think it's because she is sad or whatever. she just looks as if she would rather be some place else. And what is with the slew of people around her? bodyguards? court security? personal assistants? Why would she need so many people around her?

I never meant to say she's a ninny because of choosing her partners.
I was simply wondering why an intelligent woman like she is tend to choose difficult partners, who ended up slapping her in the face, like Junot, Rossellini and Ernst openly did (I'm not only referring to his latest Thailand pictures, but also to his intemperances), and perhaps Lindon.
Or somebody reckless like Stefano was? Perhaps Stefano turned to races in order to prove that he was not only the husband of the world's most famous princess, and that he could be somebody without always being referred as "Caroline's husband" The Italian press used to call him "Carolino", which sounds pretty ridicolous.

Or perhaps is just a matter of her strong personality?

I never meant to target you, Tosca, nor anyone in particular. I have the sad role of being about the only one who does not see Ernst as the ultimate sinner, and trying to weigh in the facts that Caroline is not this pristine angel almost everyone wants to turn her into, (thanks, Pruts!), and which, considering Caroline's personality, I am sure she would not approve of either.

Caroline has always been a very strong woman. One may or may not appreciate her ways: if she is going to be the heiress to the Monaco throne, why does she flout openly the Catholic church tenets, as in, conceiving out of wedlock, or why do we hold it against Albert to have illigetimate children, ambiguous relationships, when, at least in this particular case, the status of her relationship with her husband is equivocal at best: we can't have it both ways and make her at once a victim and a winner. I wonder about this new act of hers, posing as a mother dolorosa in front of the cameras as she goes to court (or leaves court). Caroline never holds her head down except at funerals.

she just looks as if she would rather be some place else.

Wouldn't you rather be elsewhere?

I never meant to target you, Tosca, nor anyone in particular. I have the sad role of being about the only one who does not see Ernst as the ultimate sinner, and trying to weigh in the facts that Caroline is not this pristine angel almost everyone wants to turn her into, (thanks, Pruts!), and which, considering Caroline's personality, I am sure she would not approve of either.

I don't think Caroline is a pristine Angel, but I do think that Ernst is the one in the wrong here.

Caroline has always been a very strong woman. One may or may not appreciate her ways: if she is going to be the heiress to the Monaco throne, why does she flout openly the Catholic church tenets, as in, conceiving out of wedlock, or why do we hold it against Albert to have illigetimate children, ambiguous relationships, when, at least in this particular case, the status of her relationship with her husband is equivocal at best: we can't have it both ways and make her at once a victim and a winner. I wonder about this new act of hers, posing as a mother dolorosa in front of the cameras as she goes to court (or leaves court). Caroline never holds her head down except at funerals.

This new act of hers? Don't quite understand that.
Times have changed not many people are annoyed at the fact that Albert has illegetimate children. I don't.
Alexandra was born after marriage, which makes it easier for the church to take in. Even the church respects the fact that not everyone can follow there rules extremly strictly.
She's a victim in this because her husband has publically flaunted the fact that he's having an affair for her to see. Plus she is having to turn up to court to testify for him.
IF Ernst and Caroline embarked on a relationship more than friendship before his divorce then yes thats bad, but we have no evidence to prove they did. So far I go on the dates I know that it was around 1998 time they got together.

None of them is a saint, birds of a feather flock together, but for the sake of their family they should of put an end to this failed marriage and send an announcement or get back together and try to be happy, but all this silliness in two people with age to be grandparents is just plain ridiculous.

On the other hand I don't think Ernst is a good husband, is just my opinion and I think Caroline has had to cope with a lot to be with him, Ernst titles maybe not "actual" since there's no monarchy in Germany but he surely gave Caroline a regal or royal status she didn't had before; to the other Royal Families Monaco was a sort of second class monarchy. I guess they loved each other but not anymore and I fail to see what is the rush to be in the public eye with another woman while still married, you have to think on the consequences and regarding Caroline, is things are too bad, the best thing she can do is to move on and communicate the end of the relationship before Ernst keeps humiliating her and her daughter by been seen with one woman after another, he just opened the Pandora box and if Caroline and him don't go back together chances are Ernst will be having affairs here and there.

Although Chantal moved on long time ago I guess she, somehow, have found some retribution.

There are no sinners, guilty, responsible, etc... There´s no karma as someone said. People fall in love and relationships come to an end. This happens to everyone.

Indeed, but they are endings and endings.

Some people managed to do it elegantly and others just dont.

:whistling:
Yes, I think PRainier would have put a cap on this many months ago.. Remember how he was with Steph and Daniel:whistling:

I am not so sure Prince Rainier would have put a cap on this many months ago. Number one, hs seemed to enjoy a good relationship with Prince Ernst, as opposed to Ducruet (or Junot for that matter), whom he never respected. (See, Ducruet's book, "Letter to Stephanie", and the various biographies that cover that period of time.)

Secondly, there is an age difference : It is obvious Stephanie's bad girl image, true or false, led to his being very protective of her. He didn't seem to be as protective with Caroline, even though she went through the bad girl period, a few years prior to her sister. Also, God knows he tried to protect her when she rushed into that well-publicized relationship in that foolhardy way. In the end, he and Grace felt marriage was the best solution, only to find it did not solve anything. After the divorce, he seemed to become very hands off: see his neutrality vis-a-vis Vincent Lindon for example. Also, Caroline was his first born, and brilliant in everything she accomplished. From various decriptions, after Grace's death, it seems he sought support in her more than the other way around.

Thirdly, Ernst is a Royal Highness. I am sure that would have made him far from rash in handling the situation. The pictures splashed in magazines were published only last week or so. They were compromising, but in no way comparable to the pictures of Ducruet and his girlfriend. Do you remember what the scandal was about ? Not just some frolicking on the beach and in the water, which looks like it could be a set-up, for whatever reason we are not privy to.

The most probable, given precedent and his personality, is that he might have asked for the couple to make some public statement clarifying their relationship in view of the damaging effect for all concerned.

There are no sinners, guilty, responsible, etc... There´s no karma as someone said. People fall in love and relationships come to an end. This happens to everyone.

I think it is sad to live in a world where nobody does wrong, no one is responsible, no one is guilty. Things just happen. Much better to live and learn, as any good Jane Austen heroine does. They are born humans, they make choices, they make mistakes, they are deluded, they change courses because they want to be good people, as well as strong. Caroline is a very complex woman made all the more interesting by the trials she has been through and how she has chosen to deal with them (as opposed to "letting it happen".) I think we are witnessing a new course of life Caroline is embracing. It is made more interesting precisely because she has never been perfect. Her "I am a victim of my parents' strict upbringing interview in the eighties", was never convincing. Let's see what Ernst and she learn, and since they are in such public view, what we may learn from them...

Your post does not make any sense---- Caro's HSH outranks EA HRH - she is princess of a realm and as of now the direct heir to that realm. EA's HRH is a form of courtesy, true his lineage is superb, but his HRH title is empty- Albert HSH outranks EA's HRH because he a country to rule

Maybe you are, as you are living in the USA, not aware of the fact that Monaco is hardly considered a "realm" in Europe. The rather funny quote which I see from time to right here on TRF says it all: "There are three kinds of princesses: Princesses by blood, princesses by marriage and the princesses of Monaco".

Last edited by a moderator:
From royalblog:

Caroline: husband's slaps 'symbolic'

Princess Caroline told a German court Wednesday that her husband slapped a hotel owner in Kenya as a symbolic reproach over noise from a disco but did not beat the man. Prince Ernst August of Hanover is being retried on charges of causing serious bodily harm in the 2000 incident.
Read the entire article here.

-----

Did the hearing go in French or in German (does the princess speak German?)?

As I understand it (and, article(s) confirm), she is fluent in German (as well as French and Italian). Since the trial was in Germany, it was conducted in German - no translater needed.

Maybe you are, as you are living in the USA, not aware of the fact that Monaco is hardly considered a "realm" in Europe. The rather funny quote which I see from time to right here on TRF says it all: "There are three kinds of princesses: Princesses by blood, princesses by marriage and the princesses of Monaco".

Monaco is a principality with a reigning prince, Monaco is not a kingdom with a ruling king. Correct me if I am wrong, the "royal" family of Monaco is correctly titled, "the Princely family of Monaco. Technically they are not royal??

Monaco is a principality with a reigning prince, Monaco is not a kingdom with a ruling king. Correct me if I am wrong, the "royal" family of Monaco is correctly titled, "the Princely family of Monaco. Technically they are not royal??

Its all apples and oranges with the HRH and HSH titles if u ask me. There are many prefixes HM,HRH,HSH,HIM, etc. running around the world it all means royalty to me.
As with the Gimaldis they have the title HSH they rule a country and bowing is a form a courtesy that is afforded to them to them in my book-- thats ROYAL!

This is all specualtion:confused:, because they are "royal":royalrobes:if they were the neighbours next door we wouldnt give a toss:notworthy:, everybodys got their opinion - thats fine, but just remember they are just like us when all said and done!:catmoon:

As I understand it (and, article(s) confirm), she is fluent in German (as well as French and Italian). Since the trial was in Germany, it was conducted in German - no translater needed.

No, as I've said in one of my posts yesterday, Caroline only started
in German, asking where she should start. She then went on in
English. She does speak German, but definitely not fluent enough
for such an official court hearing. She did have a court appointed
interpretress who was later interviewed on television and told the
press about her work and that Caroline had a very bad cold.

As far as the court case goes I think Prince Ernst is innocent. From what I've read it sounds like someone just trying to cash-in on a royal who already has a reputation for rowdy behavior. As far as the breakdown in the relationship I think the fault lies with him and not Princess Caroline, she has always been right with him in his hard times and he also has a reputation for fooling around, so based on what I know, it seems to me like the breakdown was his choice and not Caro's.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Princess Caroline was featured in international magazines long before she was 17. Just check the thread on Caroline Cover Girl. She was 14 or less before the press knew they had a juicy subject there. Paris-Match, for all its faults, was one of her most ardent idols, always putting a nice twist on any fact or event that might appear negative. Granted, they do it to keep so there is no bad blood and she won't cut them off for future personal interviews, but they helped create a very favorable image of the princess.

I would slightly disagree with you. The absolutely positive for Caroline "Press instrument" was "Jours de France", presenting her like a perfect good studying girl who found the true love with Philippe Junot. Even where the "other press" was featuring Caro's pictures partying in Paris, "Jours de France" waw reporting that she was partying "once per year" after months of hard working at the University!

Paris Match was different, it was searching the scandal. Do not forget that it was Paris Match who discovered the affair of Caroline with Giullermo Villas, and they put cover with pictures of the couple, in a desert island.
Paris Match started to show a nice image of Caroline, after her mother's loss, and especially after wedding with Stefano, but this was unavoidable. First of all, it was not any scandal in her life, and secondly, this perfect image of a beautiful princess, a love marriage and three pretty kids, was selling!!! A gift! Caroline's life has always been a gold present for the press!
And do not forger the thousand of covers with Stephanie and hr lovers! When Stephanie supposed to be in happy couple with Paul Belmondo, it was Paris Match who first put her in cover with Anthony Delon, in a scandalueous suimsuit, etc etc.
The Monaco family has always been a golden gift for Paris Match, and this they knew it, despite the cost of "suits" they were selling more thant they were paying..
And now Paris Match reduced the coverage, just because Caroline getting older, and for ten years married with EA, is "less selling"!!!

Thanks for the link, DoM!:flowers:
So, she is neither South American nor South African, as many journalists said.

One more gallery
Abaca

On the Bunte co ver they have deliberately chosen a pic of Caroline where she doesn't look her best ! It is not a nice thing to do

Why did Caroline make herself look so old I understand that she was suffering a cold... but to look this way????

Why did Caroline make herself look so old I understand that she was suffering a cold... but to look this way????

She looks as old as she is, nearly 53. I actually admire women that
don't try to look younger or older as they are, that's honest and
shows self-confidence ;) Besides that it's nothing new, during the
last 5-6 years, it's always been changing: looking good, looking
bad, looking old, looking younger, the appearances and opinions
about them have always changed unpredictable..

Back
Top Bottom