Current press reports: Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes but NOT a HRH, the style got lost with divorce, the same would happen to Caroline.

I do not think that the decision Caroline might take about her marriage could be influenced by the future of her title! Caroline was already very important and very well known, that she does not need to be "sold" just for three letters (HRH)...

And after all, EA might let her conserve her title, as he did with Chantal.

Although the pics are really speaking from themselves and that Ernst wouldn't ignore that he would have been photographed, we shouldn't put all the blame on him. For more than 10 years, he has stood by his wife, he was very supportive of all her committments, always accompanying her to all events (flowers constests, ballet representations, etc....), they seemed very happy and were always together. We don't know what happened between the two and what agreements they made so it's difficult to judge.
let's wait and see if any announcement is made.

Thank you, assia! I feel you got to the heart of it and summarized it
very well! They've had very good times and now they'll surely know
how to make the best of the changed situation.

I do not think that the decision Caroline might take about her marriage could be influenced by the future of her title! Caroline was already very important and very well known, that she does not need to be "sold" just for three letters (HRH)...

And after all, EA might let her conserve her title, as he did with Chantal.

The HRH style was of great importance to Monaco, something already Grace longed for when thinking of suitable husbands for her daughters. Its the ulimate sign for "First class" royalty.

Since her divorce, Chantal is only Princess of Hanover, not HRH. It is safe to say the same would apply to Caroline in case of divorce, not even Diana was allowed to keep her style INCLUDING the HRH.

More pics of Princess Caroline attending the process of her husband Ernst August of Hannover in the regional court of Hildesheim, Germany, 13-01-2010.
PPE Agency

Belga
Belga
Belga

I don't know what happened to their marriage, but we know that Caroline and Ernst are surely still married, Ernst is cheating her ( we all have seen the pics!) and nonetheless she went to Germany to testify in his favour. IMO, her behaviour is really admirable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I wonder if she has testified in german language!

Was EA suposed to be also there??

The Bunte report, Her_Majesty has kindly shared with us, answers
these two questions: Prince Ernst-August did not attend (which
had also not been expected by the court) and she started in
German as a kind gesture, asking "Where should I start?" and then
went on in English, as she's more fluent in that.

I think it's no surprise that Caroline supported Ernst August today,
she's beyond doubt a fair woman of principles.

From my side I think that Caroline will testify and he is her daughter's father. She would like her daughter's life to be condamned!

I believe that Caro is testifying NOT for Ernst's record but for their daughter Alexandra, so there is no "Criminal" mark on his name. It is for Alexandra not for Ernst.;)

More pics of Princess Caroline attending the process of her husband Ernst August of Hannover in the regional court of Hildesheim, Germany, 13-01-2010.
PPE Agency

Belga
Belga
Belga

I don't know what happened to their marriage, but we know that Caroline and Ernst are surely still married, Ernst is cheating her ( we all have seen the pics!) and nonetheless she went to Germany to testify in his favour. IMO, her behaviour is really admirable.

she did it for their daughter not him. i cant believe how she has aged so much in the last 6 months or so going by the photos above. it must be a dreadful time for her and as i say though, thank heavens for her family.:p

:previous: So what? That is not admirable to you? The fact that she is doing that for her daughter's father instead of a revenge against her unfaithful husband is not admirable to you? Do you think that all the women behave like this?

One more gallery
Getty/Zimbio

:previous: So what? That is not admirable to you? The fact that she is doing that for her daughter's father instead of a revenge against her unfaithful husband is not admirable to you? Do you think that all the women behave like this?

What I find most admirable is the fact that you asume so happily that Ernst is an unfaithful husband.

The've been separeted since the summer, for god's sake! Just because the uptight Monegasgue princes don't make an official statement it doesn't mean they're together.
For all we know Caroline could have cheated on him in july, Ernst caught her, and that's why he left!

:previous: Would you please read again my post #291? Thanks.

So that's it? Just like what, an hour or so and then she gets to leave? Well, that was entirely less of an event than it was built up to be. :ermm:

I agree though, that Caroline is admirable for defending Ernst, regardless of what has happened or who is to blame. It just shows what kind of person she is. Aww... bless! :flowers:

Caro always bounces back a winner. I think for the sake of the Alex and possibly Ernst she testified in his favour. Going to court must have been difficult on her although she does not look strained. Whatever Caro has done in life she has never been in trouble with the law. ever...
However here in North America imo, you cannot testify in such a case for or against your husband.Maybe their separation will be the precursor to a reconcilaition - Let us see...Looks like it could go either way.

This debate is very interesting. Can we admit to ourselves that we may be biased in our views and statements ?
For example, we don't really know what happened in the Kenya affair : Who was guilty, or perhaps better put, was there an innocent? Is Princess Caroline a woman of principles for supporting the truth or supporting her husband ? I don't mean to suggest she would perjure herself, but her observation and processing of the events may have been slighted in favor of her husband. Hypothesizing that her husband did wrong, is it more principled to protect your husband and daughter or an innocent man ?

As for the photos of Ernst, and the show of sympathy around Caroline: how long had Ernst and Chantal been separated before Caroline and Ernst started dating and permitting pictures to appear in newspapers (did they ever sue about "inappropriate" pictures, or did they let it happen, as Ernst seems to be doing, as an indirect way of making a statement ?) Did Caroline start Alexandra when Ernst was still in the process of divorcing his wife ? Why did Caroline let herself be photographed with Ernst when his situation with Chantal was still unclear ?

It seems that a lot of manipulation is going on here, from all quarters, and isn't that the same old, same old ?

What I find most admirable is the fact that you asume so happily that Ernst is an unfaithful husband.

The've been separeted since the summer, for god's sake! Just because the uptight Monegasgue princes don't make an official statement it doesn't mean they're together.
For all we know Caroline could have cheated on him in july, Ernst caught her, and that's why he left!

Has it been officially announced they are seperated? I haven't read any announcement from the palace.
Caroline MAY have cheated, but I seriously doubt it.
If she has we haven't go pictures or evidence of it, there is evidence of Ernst cheating.
I don't think you can use the word uptight, they are private about family affairs, wouldn't you be?
I think Caroline is very admirable for standing up in court, you don't see him there.

This debate is very interesting. Can we admit to ourselves that we may be biased in our views and statements ?
For example, we don't really know what happened in the Kenya affair : Who was guilty, or perhaps better put, was there an innocent? Is Princess Caroline a woman of principles for supporting the truth or supporting her husband ? I don't mean to suggest she would perjure herself, but her observation and processing of the events may have been slighted in favor of her husband. Hypothesizing that her husband did wrong, is it more principled to protect your husband and daughter or an innocent man ?

Just because it's her husband, Caroline would tell the truth, she'd be under a form of oath. None of us know the full story, but I am sure Caroline is one of the few people who have heard all sides of the story.

As for the photos of Ernst, and the show of sympathy around Caroline: how long had Ernst and Chantal been separated before Caroline and Ernst started dating and permitting pictures to appear in newspapers (did they ever sue about "inappropriate" pictures, or did they let it happen, as Ernst seems to be doing, as an indirect way of making a statement ?) Did Caroline start Alexandra when Ernst was still in the process of divorcing his wife ? Why did Caroline let herself be photographed with Ernst when his situation with Chantal was still unclear ?

It seems that a lot of manipulation is going on here, from all quarters, and isn't that the same old, same old ?

I don't think the Monanesque family sue newspapers.
The royals don't "permit" pictures, they don't have that much power over the press.
Alexandra was born in July 1999, which means conception was round about November 1998. Him and Chantal were divorced in October 1997.
Did Caroline let herself be photographed.

Princess Caroline testifies at husband's assault trial | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

The Monegasque family, especially Princess Caroline, sue the press all the time. This led to a news black-out on the part of Paris-Match, who deplored that after all the many positive articles they had written about Caroline since she was 14 or so, and continued to write throughout her two marriages, they were constantly being sued. I don't remember when was the last time they wrote about C in a personal way or interviewed her, but one day, they said enough is enough and dropped her. The same thing happened when Prince Albert's secret son was revealed. Prince Albert sued. I believe they may have been sued by Stephanie but I am not sure.

The information about the timing of the status of affairs about Ernst, Chantal, and Caroline is interesting, but as I recall, wasn't it the public display of affection between Caroline and Ernst that led to the divorce ? (Pictures of them in New York, for example)

Ernst has been accused of many things, but as far as I know, philandering is not one of them. Yes, he "philandered" with Caroline while still married, but I don't recall he philandered with anyone else, including his ten years of marriage to Caroline, until now. Considering that he is often portrayed as a sensualist with no moral compass, I would consider this an interesting message to the women he loves : "I may be out of control when it comes to other issues, but I don't fool around. Unless... (it is true love, I am fed up with the situation, fill in the blanks...)"

Ernst has been accused of many things, but as far as I know, philandering is not one of them. Yes, he "philandered" with Caroline while still married, but I don't recall he philandered with anyone else, including his ten years of marriage to Caroline, until now. Considering that he is often portrayed as a sensualist with no moral compass, I would consider this an interesting message to the women he loves : "I may be out of control when it comes to other issues, but I don't fool around. Unless... (it is true love, I am fed up with the situation, fill in the blanks...)"

Why put philandered in ""?
There have been numerous rumours that he's had previous affairs, but pictures have never been published or any other evidence.
If as you say he was with Caroline in 1997 and that led to his divorce then he obviously philandered when married to Chantal.

Why put philandered in ""?
There have been numerous rumours that he's had previous affairs, but pictures have never been published or any other evidence.
If as you say he was with Caroline in 1997 and that led to his divorce then he obviously philandered when married to Chantal.

I missed out on the rumors.
As for philandering with Caroline when still married to Chantal, this is kind of my point. Assuming the rumors are false, he is not an obsessive philanderer. There was Chantal, and then there was Caroline. And now there is this other woman, who may or may not be a mere pawn.

Personally, I have always felt (from pictures published) that he was very much in love with and protective of Caroline. (I liked his sense of humor in discouraging paparazzis by having his bodyguards pop streamers into their cameras and the lovely pictures it made of him and his wife strolling calmly through the colorful streamers as they exited a restaurant.) Anyway, you can be in love and still have issues. And I have always felt it disrespectful to diss Caroline's choice of husband, as if she were a ninny, or as first happened, a twenty-year old. Caroline always lands on her feet, as Jaya pointed out, which indicates that she knows the ways of the world. She's no innocent, in the sense of lettting herslef be used or manipulated without knowing how to influence events. She knows how to protect herself and her family.

Last edited:
Hello again

I have many points

1. I do not see WHY we consider that Caroline might not testify? EA has been her husband for more than 11 years and I'm persuaded that generally he has been good with her. Even if now the end of their marriage seems close, it does not mean that Caro would delete all this years, and punish EA by not testifying!

2. We were no in Kenya, Caroline was, and she might be a witness sure that EA is innocent! So for justice's sake she has to testify, independantly with what happened with their marriage.

3. I found interesting the coincidence that EA was cought with this woman, just 4 days before the trial. He did not try to avoid, he behaviored with freedom. It means that he KNEW that Caroline will go in Germany. So MAYBE their separation has taken place, mutually agreed, and without problems, they only them know it.

And I have always felt it disrespectful to diss Caroline's choice of husband, as if she were a ninny, or as first happened, a twenty-year old. Caroline always lands on her feet, as Jaya pointed out, which indicates that she knows the ways of the world. She's no innocent, in the sense of lettting herslef be used or manipulated without knowing how to influence events. She knows how to protect herself and her family.

Well said, sweety! And you pointed out very cleary as well the fact that she was not an innocent lamb herself around 1996-1997. But what do we know? I, for example, think that Caroline must have been very charmed by the "HRH" idea, because she was not already, as someone stated earlier "an important person in her own right". Not as a royal, that is. She had never been invited to any European royal court, royal wedding, christening or funeral until she was married to Ernst. And let's face it, from the moment she was married to Ernst, her attitude became a bit too roa yal for anyone's taste, as if she was a truely ruling empress.

She had never been invited to any European royal court, royal wedding, christening or funeral until she was married to Ernst. And let's face it, from the moment she was married to Ernst, her attitude became a bit too roa yal for anyone's taste, as if she was a truely ruling empress.

This is true, but it does not mean that she would "sell" herself for the royal life.

And maybe she behaviored like this, simply because she was trying to keep her (new) position.

Mary of Denmark, Letizia, Meete Marit ALSO changed behavior, this is normal, they had to enter into their NEW role. Also in professionnal life, you have sometimes to wear a "masque" which you think is the adequate!

Well said, sweety! And you pointed out very cleary as well the fact that she was not an innocent lamb herself around 1996-1997. But what do we know? I, for example, think that Caroline must have been very charmed by the "HRH" idea, because she was not already, as someone stated earlier "an important person in her own right". Not as a royal, that is. She had never been invited to any European royal court, royal wedding, christening or funeral until she was married to Ernst. And let's face it, from the moment she was married to Ernst, her attitude became a bit too roa yal for anyone's taste, as if she was a truely ruling empress.
Your post does not make any sense---- Caro's HSH outranks EA HRH - she is princess of a realm and as of now the direct heir to that realm. EA's HRH is a form of courtesy, true his lineage is superb, but his HRH title is empty- Albert HSH outranks EA's HRH because he a country to rule

Invitations go to Albert or whomever is the reigning prince at the time. Rainier and Grace visited many royal courts, etc on many occasions that we saw Caro and EA at funerals, wedding and such.. Prince Albert was there also- he just didnt generate any interest to publish his pics

Its been well documented that Caro ALWAYS BEEN aloof and distant I dont think the HRH did anything to her:flowers:

Your saying she married EA for a title?
That makes this marriage even more of a sham.
Caroline is the Hereditary Princess of Monaco, a ruling dynasty. This outranks EA's courtesy title of HRH. Its empty, means nothing. He has impressive lineage, but without Caroline I think he would be the annoymous one.

1. I do not see WHY we consider that Caroline might not testify? EA has been her husband for more than 11 years and I'm persuaded that generally he has been good with her. Even if now the end of their marriage seems close, it does not mean that Caro would delete all this years, and punish EA by not testifying!.

She may not testify because she was a royal. :)

Now I do not think Caro has ever shown excessive hubris about the HRH and I personally think she does not care about it.Also I do not believe she would perjure herself for the sake of family. Give her credits ; Caro has never been in trouble with the law ever. Caro has sued those that have been invested with her as she has been hounded since being a teenager by the magazines. Remember the first photo of her to circulate the world at seventeen was one where they got half her breast coming out of the cleavage- of the dress I mean they did that to her and it was hardly fair.
Rainier too was rarely invited to these state affairs and royal courts - or he may have been and did not go- as he was rarely seen going even to the USA.Maybe Caro liked being the Ernst's wife for all the fringe benefits and maybe not, because she is like a Queen in Monaco anyway. Only Caro knows for sure and I think it wise to keep it that way.

And I have always felt it disrespectful to diss Caroline's choice of husband, as if she were a ninny, or as first happened, a twenty-year old.

I never meant to say she's a ninny because of choosing her partners.
I was simply wondering why an intelligent woman like she is tend to choose difficult partners, who ended up slapping her in the face, like Junot, Rossellini and Ernst openly did (I'm not only referring to his latest Thailand pictures, but also to his intemperances), and perhaps Lindon.
Or somebody reckless like Stefano was? Perhaps Stefano turned to races in order to prove that he was not only the husband of the world's most famous princess, and that he could be somebody without always being referred as "Caroline's husband" The Italian press used to call him "Carolino", which sounds pretty ridicolous.

Or perhaps is just a matter of her strong personality?

Excuse me if i hurt anyone's feelings, it's absolutely not my intention. But, in my opinion, and to make a long story short, this matter stinks, and no one looks good in the picture. P. Caroline trying so hard and with all dignity ( God knows why... For Alexandra's sake? To keep her Royal title? For love?... ) to keep up appearences and exposed again to public humiliation; :princess: P. Ernst acting publicaly out of foolishness ( he's acting like a silly teenager who's living his first crush :in_love: ), cruelty or revenge; the paparazzis circling the family like sharks smelling blood ( it's their job, you may say... );:photo: poor young Alex seeing her parents in such a infamous mess; the Casiraghi siblings, probably mortified to see their mother crushed and humiliated.:verysad: And then, we have "the lady": an unknown commoner, who sees herself dragged into a royal spotlight ( how convenient for her... )... Blah! to all of them...:yuk:
Marriges end. Why couldn't the royal couple simply and honestly admit it? Then they'd both be free to live their lives as they wanted without scandal, and we could all go on with our lives.
And for some strange reason the affair Ducruet-Houteman keeps coming to my mind..
:furious::furious::furious:

:whistling:
Excuse me if i hurt anyone's feelings, it's absolutely not my intention. But, in my opinion, and to make a long story short, this matter stinks, and no one looks good in the picture. P. Caroline trying so hard and with all dignity ( God knows why... For Alexandra's sake? To keep her Royal title? For love?... ) to keep up appearences and exposed again to public humiliation; :princess: P. Ernst acting publicaly out of foolishness ( he's acting like a silly teenager who's living his first crush :in_love: ), cruelty or revenge; the paparazzis circling the family like sharks smelling blood ( it's their job, you may say... );:photo: poor young Alex seeing her parents in such a infamous mess; the Casiraghi siblings, probably mortified to see their mother crushed and humiliated.:verysad: And then, we have "the lady": an unknown commoner, who sees herself dragged into a royal spotlight ( how convenient for her... )... Blah! to all of them...:yuk:
Marriges end. Why couldn't the royal couple simply and honestly admit it? Then they'd both be free to live their lives as they wanted without scandal, and we could all go on with our lives.
And for some strange reason the affair Ducruet-Houteman keeps coming to my mind..
:furious::furious::furious:
Yes, I think PRainier would have put a cap on this many months ago.. Remember how he was with Steph and Daniel:whistling:

Back
Top Bottom