The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

There are no sinners, guilty, responsible, etc... Theres no karma as someone said. People fall in love and relationships come to an end. This happens to everyone.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Nobility

Indeed, but they are endings and endings.

Some people managed to do it elegantly and others just dont.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post

Yes, I think PRainier would have put a cap on this many months ago.. Remember how he was with Steph and Daniel
I am not so sure Prince Rainier would have put a cap on this many months ago. Number one, hs seemed to enjoy a good relationship with Prince Ernst, as opposed to Ducruet (or Junot for that matter), whom he never respected. (See, Ducruet's book, "Letter to Stephanie", and the various biographies that cover that period of time.)

Secondly, there is an age difference : It is obvious Stephanie's bad girl image, true or false, led to his being very protective of her. He didn't seem to be as protective with Caroline, even though she went through the bad girl period, a few years prior to her sister. Also, God knows he tried to protect her when she rushed into that well-publicized relationship in that foolhardy way. In the end, he and Grace felt marriage was the best solution, only to find it did not solve anything. After the divorce, he seemed to become very hands off: see his neutrality vis-a-vis Vincent Lindon for example. Also, Caroline was his first born, and brilliant in everything she accomplished. From various decriptions, after Grace's death, it seems he sought support in her more than the other way around.

Thirdly, Ernst is a Royal Highness. I am sure that would have made him far from rash in handling the situation. The pictures splashed in magazines were published only last week or so. They were compromising, but in no way comparable to the pictures of Ducruet and his girlfriend. Do you remember what the scandal was about ? Not just some frolicking on the beach and in the water, which looks like it could be a set-up, for whatever reason we are not privy to.

The most probable, given precedent and his personality, is that he might have asked for the couple to make some public statement clarifying their relationship in view of the damaging effect for all concerned.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
There are no sinners, guilty, responsible, etc... Theres no karma as someone said. People fall in love and relationships come to an end. This happens to everyone.
I think it is sad to live in a world where nobody does wrong, no one is responsible, no one is guilty. Things just happen. Much better to live and learn, as any good Jane Austen heroine does. They are born humans, they make choices, they make mistakes, they are deluded, they change courses because they want to be good people, as well as strong. Caroline is a very complex woman made all the more interesting by the trials she has been through and how she has chosen to deal with them (as opposed to "letting it happen".) I think we are witnessing a new course of life Caroline is embracing. It is made more interesting precisely because she has never been perfect. Her "I am a victim of my parents' strict upbringing interview in the eighties", was never convincing. Let's see what Ernst and she learn, and since they are in such public view, what we may learn from them...
Old 01-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Your post does not make any sense---- Caro's HSH outranks EA HRH - she is princess of a realm and as of now the direct heir to that realm. EA's HRH is a form of courtesy, true his lineage is superb, but his HRH title is empty- Albert HSH outranks EA's HRH because he a country to rule
Maybe you are, as you are living in the USA, not aware of the fact that Monaco is hardly considered a "realm" in Europe. The rather funny quote which I see from time to right here on TRF says it all: "There are three kinds of princesses: Princesses by blood, princesses by marriage and the princesses of Monaco".
Old 01-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Gentry

this article tells the whole story and is very good i think.
Royal Musings: When there is a new other woman
Old 01-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Courtier

Not too sure if this article has been posted yet. From Bild, with some direct quotes from Caroline about Ernst - has a (short) video too.

Prozess gegen Ernst-August: Prinzessin Caroline vor Gericht erschienen - Unterhaltung - Royals - Bild.de

Google Translate
Old 01-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

From royalblog:

Quote:
Caroline: husband's slaps 'symbolic'

Princess Caroline told a German court Wednesday that her husband slapped a hotel owner in Kenya as a symbolic reproach over noise from a disco but did not beat the man. Prince Ernst August of Hanover is being retried on charges of causing serious bodily harm in the 2000 incident.
Read the entire article here.

-----

Did the hearing go in French or in German (does the princess speak German?)?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Serene Highness

As I understand it (and, article(s) confirm), she is fluent in German (as well as French and Italian). Since the trial was in Germany, it was conducted in German - no translater needed.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruts View Post
Maybe you are, as you are living in the USA, not aware of the fact that Monaco is hardly considered a "realm" in Europe. The rather funny quote which I see from time to right here on TRF says it all: "There are three kinds of princesses: Princesses by blood, princesses by marriage and the princesses of Monaco".
Monaco is a principality with a reigning prince, Monaco is not a kingdom with a ruling king. Correct me if I am wrong, the "royal" family of Monaco is correctly titled, "the Princely family of Monaco. Technically they are not royal??
Old 01-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
Monaco is a principality with a reigning prince, Monaco is not a kingdom with a ruling king. Correct me if I am wrong, the "royal" family of Monaco is correctly titled, "the Princely family of Monaco. Technically they are not royal??
Its all apples and oranges with the HRH and HSH titles if u ask me. There are many prefixes HM,HRH,HSH,HIM, etc. running around the world it all means royalty to me.
As with the Gimaldis they have the title HSH they rule a country and bowing is a form a courtesy that is afforded to them to them in my book-- thats ROYAL!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:11 AM
Nobility

This is all specualtion, because they are "royal"if they were the neighbours next door we wouldnt give a toss, everybodys got their opinion - thats fine, but just remember they are just like us when all said and done!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
As I understand it (and, article(s) confirm), she is fluent in German (as well as French and Italian). Since the trial was in Germany, it was conducted in German - no translater needed.
No, as I've said in one of my posts yesterday, Caroline only started
in German, asking where she should start. She then went on in
English. She does speak German, but definitely not fluent enough
for such an official court hearing. She did have a court appointed
interpretress who was later interviewed on television and told the
press about her work and that Caroline had a very bad cold.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:00 AM
Nobility

As far as the court case goes I think Prince Ernst is innocent. From what I've read it sounds like someone just trying to cash-in on a royal who already has a reputation for rowdy behavior. As far as the breakdown in the relationship I think the fault lies with him and not Princess Caroline, she has always been right with him in his hard times and he also has a reputation for fooling around, so based on what I know, it seems to me like the breakdown was his choice and not Caro's.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
Princess Caroline was featured in international magazines long before she was 17. Just check the thread on Caroline Cover Girl. She was 14 or less before the press knew they had a juicy subject there. Paris-Match, for all its faults, was one of her most ardent idols, always putting a nice twist on any fact or event that might appear negative. Granted, they do it to keep so there is no bad blood and she won't cut them off for future personal interviews, but they helped create a very favorable image of the princess.
I would slightly disagree with you. The absolutely positive for Caroline "Press instrument" was "Jours de France", presenting her like a perfect good studying girl who found the true love with Philippe Junot. Even where the "other press" was featuring Caro's pictures partying in Paris, "Jours de France" waw reporting that she was partying "once per year" after months of hard working at the University!

Paris Match was different, it was searching the scandal. Do not forget that it was Paris Match who discovered the affair of Caroline with Giullermo Villas, and they put cover with pictures of the couple, in a desert island.
Paris Match started to show a nice image of Caroline, after her mother's loss, and especially after wedding with Stefano, but this was unavoidable. First of all, it was not any scandal in her life, and secondly, this perfect image of a beautiful princess, a love marriage and three pretty kids, was selling!!! A gift! Caroline's life has always been a gold present for the press!
And do not forger the thousand of covers with Stephanie and hr lovers! When Stephanie supposed to be in happy couple with Paul Belmondo, it was Paris Match who first put her in cover with Anthony Delon, in a scandalueous suimsuit, etc etc.
The Monaco family has always been a golden gift for Paris Match, and this they knew it, despite the cost of "suits" they were selling more thant they were paying..
And now Paris Match reduced the coverage, just because Caroline getting older, and for ten years married with EA, is "less selling"!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The identity of the mysterious woman in Thailand with EA has been revealed: Myriam l. (41), a jet set lady from Marrakech.
Caroline von Monaco: Das ist die Neue von Ernst August - BUNTE
Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the link, DoM!
So, she is neither South American nor South African, as many journalists said.

One more gallery
Abaca
Old 01-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

On the Bunte co ver they have deliberately chosen a pic of Caroline where she doesn't look her best ! It is not a nice thing to do
Old 01-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Nobility

Why did Caroline make herself look so old I understand that she was suffering a cold... but to look this way????
Old 01-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Why did Caroline make herself look so old I understand that she was suffering a cold... but to look this way????
She looks as old as she is, nearly 53. I actually admire women that
don't try to look younger or older as they are, that's honest and
shows self-confidence Besides that it's nothing new, during the
last 5-6 years, it's always been changing: looking good, looking
bad, looking old, looking younger, the appearances and opinions
about them have always changed unpredictable..