The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-14-2010, 11:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Secondly: Caroline has not been betrayed by all the men in her life.
I didn't mean her father and brother, but all her husbands and some of her lovers. First Junot cheat with many, Casiraghi had a mistress, Linden had an affair with a costar and now the prince has a mistress. I think that harden Princess Caroline. This is the only thing I can think of to have her get into a relationship with her friend's husband. This hardiness in her and maybe a title.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:58 AM
Courtier

Ah. Ok. I was wondering if that was what you meant. I've heard/read the rumors about Stefano and Vincent cheating on her, but I have yet to come across any solid evidence that they were true. We've got pics of Ernst and Junot though. Regardless, being cheated on is no excuse to cheat on someone else.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Casiraghi had a mistress,
But I thought it was just some very innocent date in St. Moritz with an old friend of his, on very beinning of their marriage, after they had had some solid quarrel.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:35 AM
Courtier

Supposedly, Stefano had a long-term mistress in Milan. Supposedly. I personally thought it was more an attempt by the media to throw mud at Stefano, along with the whole thing about the debts he apparently built up in Caroline's name. There was a story about Caroline having to go to a former boyfriend who worked on Wall Street (I think it was Roberto - doesn't he work in finance? ) to find out about raising capital against her jewelry to pay off the debts because she didn't want to shut Stefano's companies down and put all the Monegasques employed by them out of work (which is very noble of her). Apparently, that's also why she sold off his cars and Harley Davidsons. The stories still sort of annoy me. So Stefano wasn't perfect - who is? If he cheated on Caroline, yes, I believe that's wrong but he made her happy and he did good things with his life. I also found it in poor taste how the media suddenly decided to trash Stefano because he was dead.
I am less forgiving with Ernst because it is almost a certainty that he committed adultery (whereas with Stefano it was merely an allegation). He went to Marrakech for the film festival, picked up some girl (quite probably at the film festival, seeing as she's apparently an events organizer) and took her to Thailand. And he seemed happy to be photographed with her (come on, they were both looking at the camera in some of the photos - they knew they were being photographed). I don't see a lot of decency in that.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Bouche d'Or View Post
But I thought it was just some very innocent date in St. Moritz with an old friend of his, on very beinning of their marriage, after they had had some solid quarrel.
^^It goes to show how gossip changes with the wind. The story I read was that Stefano went to St.Moritz and was photographed with a woman, and he and Caroline fought and then had make-up time, and Charlotte was conceived!

I don't know. I think the photos showed him helping the woman put skis in her car ....? I never saw them. I read this story but never saw the photos.

I don't know any stories about Linden being a 'bad boy'.

I agree with Thecia about Stefano. Whatever is the truth, they loved their kids and each other.

Even Ernst.... he's a human being. People "cheat." It happens. It sucks when kids are involved and they get hurt, but that's life. People fall in love. People fall out of love. You are together for a time and then you are not together.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
^^It goes to show how gossip changes with the wind. The story I read was that Stefano went to St.Moritz and was photographed with a woman, and he and Caroline fought and then had make-up time, and Charlotte was conceived!

I agree with Thecia about Stefano. Whatever is the truth, they loved their kids and each other.

Even Ernst.... he's a human being. People "cheat." It happens. It sucks when kids are involved and they get hurt, but that's life. People fall in love. People fall out of love. You are together for a time and then you are not together.
I've never heard that story before but it's funny! Andrea theoretically conceived on Stefano's birthday, Charlotte apparently conceived after an argument - but what about Pierre?
And I suppose you have a point about Ernst. That is the way life goes but like kells said, there is such a thing as self control. I'm not saying Ernst should stay celibate just because he's still technically married to Caroline but I think a little discretion wouldn't have gone awry. Unless it's true what some people said and he's doing same thing with that woman (is it Myriam?) that he did with Caroline just before he and Chantal got divorced. I don't know, maybe it's just because I never really liked Ernst in the first place that I have less sympathy for him than I do Stefano. He gave Caroline a gorgeous daughter and no doubt a lot of love too (I've never seen a man look at Caroline in quite the loving way that Ernst did, to be honest) but he seems to have brought a lot of undue strife into her life as well.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
If Stefano had a mistress in Milan, then the Italian press would have found her out, as they did with Junot's mistress Gianina Facio and Rossellini's one, Isabella Ferrari.
Lindon was rumored to have an affair with Italian actress Sabrina Ferilli, but I think it was just a publicity stunt, since they were both starring in a film by Lelouch.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Royal Highness

Being publicly cheated on has happen to other Princesses. If it once or more times they just get jaded in love. Princess Stephanie once said that the only man who did cheat on her were her father and brother. I believe once cheated on while married changes a woman's outlook about relationships and marriage. Princess Stephanie and Princess Diana both had affairs with married men after they were separated from their husbands. I love Diana, Princess of Wales, but could not understand why she would hurt another woman like she was hurt. The only thing I can think of is she was hardened and spoil. It public happens to stars first and now the common person. I guess are morals are not as strong as they should be. I can only think getting cheated on when young and married really changes how a person goes into their next relationship(s).
Old 05-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Courtier

OKay. First of all, there is no difference between "stars" and the "common people" except money and the fact that the former often live through their dramas with the world watching. I don't know if you meant it that way, but I almost want to take offense. They go through the same thing people with ordinary jobs go through and they must answer to the same God. So, I just wanted to get that out of the way.

About the cheating, I don't know that your assessment is exactly true. I think it's possible to be hardened about men and relationships after being cheated on more than once---that's both obvious and understandable, but to become someone who does the cheating is neither understandable nor reasonable. And it certainly doesn't make what she did any more excusable. I'll say it again, I would think if you have ever been cheated on and you know how much it hurts that you would not want to do that to anyone else. I might understand more if Caroline took a break from men after being cheated on and focused more on herself which I think (and hope) that she is doing now. But no, I can not excuse, condone, nor even wrap my head around being able to hurt someone like that ESPECIALLY (not because) you've been cheated on.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

There are many ways to live one's life. Sometime the lifestyle is determined by the amount of money someone has. If someone marries for money and/or title the emotional involvement with the spouse may be very different from someone that marries for love. It is not uncommon for couples that are married to accept that they are living different lives and they are fine with it. If you are not emotionally involved with your spouse it may be a relief that he/she has another partner as long as they do not embarrass you. In other words - be discreet.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Bouche d'Or View Post
^ Geez, I have no words for this guy. But didn't he go to France to see his daughter? I bet there must have been a way to meet with Caroline anyway.

btw, are there finally divorcing or what? This thing is really bizarre...
I assume you're talking about these photos, of Caroline picking Alex up from CDG after she visited her father. Frankly, I think those photos make the idea of Ernst being in Austria more plausible. Why would Caroline need to be at the airport if Ernst was in Fontainebleau? The closest airport to Fontainebleau is Orly International, which is 44km away and Charles de Gaulle International is only another 25km away from that. It doesn't really make sense for Caroline to be picking Alex up from the airport if she had been in Fontainebleau (why make the trip past Fontainebleau to Paris to pick Alex up from a flight that she traveled 44kms out of Fontainebleau to make when Caroline could have just gone to Fontainebleau and saved her - and Alex - the trouble?) but it does makes sense for Caroline to be picking Alex up from the airport if she had been in Vienna.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
OKay. First of all, there is no difference between "stars" and the "common people" except money and the fact that the former often live through their dramas with the world watching.
Yes that is what I was trying to say.

I think we both have said the same thing on loose morals and having it all in this modern society, but getting there for different reasons. This might be the answer.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Caroline was pregnant for wedding 2 and wedding 3 and her 3 husbands and her known lovers were unfaithfull.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Caroline was pregnant for wedding 2 and wedding 3 and her 3 husbands and her known lovers were unfaithfull.
Okay, statement one is true - Caroline was pregnant with Andrea when she married Stefano. And statement two is correct as well - Caroline was pregnant with Alexandra when she married Ernst. However, statement three is a rumour. Philippe Junot was unfaithful, that is well known. And it's quite likely Ernst has been unfaithful as well. But what about the others? Have you found Stefano's mistress? Do you know something we don't about Roberto? Do you have any proof that Vincent was unfaithful (other than "Paris-Match said this" or "Bunte said that")? And what about Guillermo? As far as I know, they had a fling and left it at that. There were never any reports (to my knowledge) of Guillermo cheating on Caroline.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Courtier

^^Thank you. You can't spout hearsay and magazines well known for sensationalizing stories as fact. And even if it were true that they cheated on her, does that give her a free pass?
Old 05-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
^^Thank you. You can't spout hearsay and magazines well known for sensationalizing stories as fact. And even if it were true that they cheated on her, does that give her a free pass?
Not to my mind it doesn't - in the end it comes down to a personal view, as to whether you think it's "okay" for a person to cheat simply because they've been cheated on. Caroline was 38 in 1995 - that's plenty of time to grow up and accept that the past is the past and should stay that way. Even if all her previous lovers had cheated on her, what right does that give her to commit adultery with another woman's wife? I don't think it gives her any.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Lets get back on topic.

This thread is about Caroline and Ernst August...not about Stefano.

Also, I would like to remind everyone about TRF's rule about gossip and speculation so let's not continue the discussion of Stefano's alleged indiscretion.

Thank you.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Old 05-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Hello. Does anyone read something about WHERE is Prince Ernst??? He has completely disapeared? He is not getting out at all?????

Strange
Old 05-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Hello. Does anyone read something about WHERE is Prince Ernst??? He has completely disapeared? He is not getting out at all?????

Strange
He's in Austria. Here's a photo of Ernst and Myriam at Berlin-Tegel Airport on their return from Phuket on their way to Vienna. And since then, most of the press about Ernst (I couldn't say all because I honestly don't remember all of it) has centred on Austria. If I'm not mistaken, I posted a link a page or so back about Ernst having been in Vienna for the last four months. And the last time Ernst was seen with Myriam, it was in Kitzbühel, which is west (?) of Vienna in Austria.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:40 PM

I had a thought about the supposed separation, supposed impending divorce of the Hanovers. Here goes. It is that, when they were a new item and he was married to Chantal, they went to Thailand and the pictures of them there led to Chantal's filing for divorce. Now is history repeating? Not exactly, but almost, I think. It's interesting, because was he not in Thailand with the "other woman" around the time that the rumors began to circulate? I do not remember the precise timeline. It's confusing. I guess the rumor involves two women? He was supposed to have "cheated" with Miriam Sachs (Alexandra's godmother?) and also in Thailand, he frolicked with this young woman the tabloids characterized as a younger version of Caroline.