The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=lazuli;1068836]I agree with you CasiraghiTrio. P. Caroline isn't a figure of state. " First Lady " isn't an official charge. The real, and only, statesman of Monaco, like it or not is P. Albert and if Monaco is invited to the royal wedding, Sweden will expect him, and only him to represent the country. Besides, the north european monarchies are quite prudish and i don't think they aprove P. Caroline's decisions about her marital life. Finaly, i don´t think P. Caroline wants to put herself in a position that can be embarrassing to her. Well, we'll have to wait and see

That would be something we have Victoria sister and her beau issues at the wedding and Caroline and her husband asualt charges and running around on her love to see the press reaction

Old 04-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Courtier

Yeah, I've always heard that most of the European monarchs find Monaco to be a joke. They also supposedly consider them to be "Eurotrash" given all their divorces, marital infidelity, illegitimate babies, etc. Although, I believe a couple showed up at Albert's enthronement. But I have to say, even though it would make no sense for Caroline to be there and even though I certainly don't agree with many, MANY of the Original Trio's choices, it's quite hypocritical for the other European royals to snub their noses at anybody. They've got skeletons in their closet, too.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Yeah, I've always heard that most of the European monarchs find Monaco to be a joke. They also supposedly consider them to be "Eurotrash" given all their divorces, marital infidelity, illegitimate babies, etc. Although, I believe a couple showed up at Albert's enthronement. But I have to say, even though it would make no sense for Caroline to be there and even though I certainly don't agree with many, MANY of the Original Trio's choices, it's quite hypocritical for the other European royals to snub their noses at anybody. They've got skeletons in their closet, too.
At least monaco isn't facing a republic like some of these Eu countries
Old 04-16-2010, 01:38 AM

Hey, I'm the first one to wish Caroline will be at Victoria's wedding. I will be thrilled to see her there. I just have a doubt as to its possibility. But if it happens, power to her, and I hope she dazzles the heck out of Stockholm. I guess it's not so unreasonable to think she could be Albert's plus-one. She's more likely to be his +1 than Charlene, for sure,but from what I've seen in the past, he tends to go solo to the royal weddings.

I have no clue about the question of Ernst being there. No clue at all.
He seemed to be necessary at Denmark's and Spain's 2004 weddings, as head of the Hannoverian royal house. Those were crown prince weddings, and the forthcoming in Sweden is of equal importance. I guess it is very likely he wil be invited. Will he choose to go, or send one of his sons?
Old 04-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I wonder what Ernst & Caroline will decide to do about the upcoming nuptials for Crown Princess Victoria - do people think either of them will go, & if Caroline were to go,in what capacity -as Serene Highness of Hanover or as first lady of Monaco?
i think only PA will attend, but if Caro attended and was not divorced, i cannot see how she would not be SH of Hanover as that is still her
title isnt it.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:29 PM

But Caroline and Ernst probably are not divorced yet. She must retain the HRH as long as she is still married on paper. Until she signs that dotted line, she is still HRH The Princess of Hanover, I imagine. What I don't know is what happens after the divorce is finalized. Does Caroline keep the Hanover title like Chantal did? Maybe not, because Caroline has the Monaco title to revert to. But maybe Caroline would like to keep the Hanover name for Alexandra's sake. Who knows? Time will tell?
Old 04-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

No divorce no comments....that means they are still together...maybe they needed some time part to start again...Caro might be in Germany with Ernst this moment...only few people know that...
Old 04-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=royalsmartie;1068841]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
I agree with you CasiraghiTrio. P. Caroline isn't a figure of state. " First Lady " isn't an official charge. The real, and only, statesman of Monaco, like it or not is P. Albert and if Monaco is invited to the royal wedding, Sweden will expect him, and only him to represent the country. Besides, the north european monarchies are quite prudish and i don't think they aprove P. Caroline's decisions about her marital life. Finaly, i don´t think P. Caroline wants to put herself in a position that can be embarrassing to her. Well, we'll have to wait and see

That would be something we have Victoria sister and her beau issues at the wedding and Caroline and her husband asualt charges and running around on her love to see the press reaction
And today the word's out: Princess Magdalene and Jonas Bergström broke off their engagement, allegedely due to an affair of the groom to be... and Prince Carl Phillip is dating a girl who is persona non grata in the royal family... wich is to say that even the most uptight monarchies have skelletons in the closets. So, now there's no reason whatsoever to invite P. Caroline to the P. Victoria royal wedding just because of her marital situation....
Old 04-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Good point!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:07 AM
Courtier

According to this article (translated version here) Ernst has been in hiding in Vienna for the last four months since the Thailand photos came out.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:45 AM
Aristocracy

^ Geez, I have no words for this guy. But didn't he go to France to see his daughter? I bet there must have been a way to meet with Caroline anyway.

btw, are there finally divorcing or what? This thing is really bizarre...
Old 05-01-2010, 01:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
According to this article (translated version here) Ernst has been in hiding in Vienna for the last four months since the Thailand photos came out.
Ernst can live in any of his homes, he has many. I would not be surprised if he has been staying and several of his mansions or castles to avoid the press.

From Hello Magazine:

Marienburg, Germany
Calenberg, Germany

Auerbach, Austria
Villa Regina, Austria
Manoir du Mée, France
Le Mas de la Source, Saint Rémy de la Provence, France

La Vigie, Mónaco
Clost St. Pierre, Mónaco

Hurlingham Lodge, London, England

Shela House, Kenya
Old 05-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Serene Highness

Note, agogo, that Le Mas de la Source, La Vigie et le Clos Saint- Pierre Are P. Caroline own possessions. She own them ( or had them rented ) long before marrying Ernst in 1999.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Note, agogo, that Le Mas de la Source, La Vigie et le Clos Saint- Pierre Are P. Caroline own possessions. She own them ( or had them rented ) long before marrying Ernst in 1999.
Not to mention Ernst Sr. handed over the keys to Marienburg Castle to his sons in 2005 and Caroline contributed a substantial amount of the money that bought Monir du Mée. Shela House is also owned by Shela House Management - they own three other holiday homes on the island too. I'm not saying Ernst is poor (didn't the court estimate his daily income at 5000 euros? If only us mere mortals could earn that much in a day! ) but there's little point fooling ourselves. Caroline is a great deal richer than her husband. I'm a little confused however - I thought La Vigie was owned by the SBM?
Old 05-06-2010, 04:01 AM
Courtier

Bild (translated version here) is reporting Bunte's cover story about Caroline and Ernst: "Das ende einer Jahrhundert-Liebe". Bunte is apparently reporting that Caroline and Ernst's split will soon become official, citing Ernst living in Austria (I think it says something about a "beautiful companion" but I'm not particularly adept at German so maybe someone else could help me) whilst Caroline continues to live in Monaco as proof. It seems like the press trying to drum up interest in a story but I thought I'd put it here, just in case.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think that La Vigie belongs to EA
Old 05-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Aristocracy

to the best of my knowledge La Vigie villa has always been one of Caroline possessions, not EA's.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Aristocracy

are they getting a divorce ? well you rep what you sew.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
are they getting a divorce ? well you rep what you sew.
It hasn't been officially announced that they are getting divorced nor that they have split up.
I have never heard that Villa la vigie is owned by either party, just that it has been rented by the royals many times.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

Villa La Vigie is now an exclusive hotel and restaurant owned by SBM.

As for getting a divorce I am wondering how that would affect Princess Alexandra's place in line for the throne? Maybe not at all, but things always seem more commplicated when you are a royal.