Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know why didn´t Charlotte attend the GCT Cascais in Portugal last week???

Portugal didn't have any amateur events, only 5*. She hasn't gone there for several years anyway. Probably too far and expensive.

Portugal didn't have any amateur events, only 5*. She hasn't gone there for several years anyway. Probably too far and expensive.

Oh, ok... Thank you FanofMonaco. But i seem to remember that she attended the event at least once a few years ago, hence my surprise not to see her here this time!!! :flowers:

Oh, ok... Thank you FanofMonaco. But i seem to remember that she attended the event at least once a few years ago, hence my surprise not to see her here this time!!! :flowers:

hmm, i am not sure, but i think there was a video with Charlotte at races and there was also Alex and his mother (still not sure, if it was in Portugal or somewhere else :ermm:)

Charlotte did compete in Portugal for 2 or 3 years, but not in the last couple of years.

Charlotte is in Chantilly this week-end. Today she competed in the 1*, 1.25 meter. She finished 24/53 on Costa Virgio with 0 and 4 faults and 44/53 on Tintero with 0 and 8 faults. She hasn't competed in Chantilly in a couple of years so it's nice to see her there. Glad her back is okay.

Charlotte is competing in Fontainebleau this week-end. She only competed at the 1.15m level. On Thursday she came in 12th, 14th and 15th out of 69 and won E12 each. On Friday, she came in 27th and 28th out of 79 and on Saturday, she came in 17th out of 81 and won E12.

Charlotte is riding at Barbizon this week-end. She got a 3rd place at 1.20 m on Friday and a 3rd place at 1.10 on Saturday. Finished out of the money by 1 place at 13th, 1.20 on Saturday.

Charlotte is riding at Barbizon this week-end. She got a 3rd place at 1.20 m on Friday and a 3rd place at 1.10 on Saturday. Finished out of the money by 1 place at 13th, 1.20 on Saturday.

She seems to be doing much better this year. Good for her.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Charlotte got another 3rd place at 1.25m and won E225 on Tintero.

I think Charlotte had been putting too much pressure on herself to be a professional rider and do 10 other things at the same time. Now that she has decided to make it a hobby, she is relaxing and enjoying herself.

Yes, i agree. Maybe she doesn't feel like "i have to make it because it is my job!" She is surely more relaxed. Even if she does a mistake, it is just a hobby now, she is not a professional rider to care about every single detail of professionalism.

Last edited:
It was never her job. She has always been an amateur.

It was never her job. She has always been an amateur.

Maybe at some point in the past she would have liked to turn pro, if the results had been a tiny bit better?
Otherwise the title of this thread is basically wrong...

Charlotte is back at Cagnes sur Mer this week-end. She's doing pretty well. She got a 13th place at 1.25m and 10th place at 1.30m; both 1*. She won 10 E and 60 E.

Maybe at some point in the past she would have liked to turn pro, if the results had been a tiny bit better?
Otherwise the title of this thread is basically wrong...
I think the title is fine. Really, there are many more amateur equestrians than professionals, who actually earn their living buying and selling horses more than winnings from competitions. Often times the very best horses are sold to very wealthy amateurs. For example last month Jessica Springsteen (daughter of Bruce) won the American Gold Cup in NY. Georgina Bloomberg (daughter of Michael) is another example.

I don't think she has ever called herself a professional. She said she would just see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom