Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlotte's results at Fontainebleau this week-end: 43/60 and 27/54 on Ruebens Quibelle at 1.20m, 52/54 on Madison D'Olgy at 1.20m, and 39/60 at 1.20 and 11/53 at 1.35 on Costa Virgio (won 80 Euros). I am assuming they were all at the 1* level. Ironically, Charlotte has done her best the last 2 times at the 1.30 and 1.35 heights on Costa Virgio. No eliminations this week.

I do not think she wants to escape from the Grimaldi family, she looks very confortable with the family and the relative tasks. Since their tender age the full trio has participated to most of the official events of Monaco in opposition to Stephanie's kids who were absent from all exept the Circus events!! for me YES Stephanie raisd her children to escape being Grimaldis, but not Caroline.
Charlotte + her brothers have fulfilled also alone some small tasks, like inaugurating a boat or give the award to the winner of Monaco Grand-prix, so IMO she does not want to escape from being a Grimaldi, she just needs to do also something else.

I don't think she wants to escape from being a Grimaldi or escape from the Grimaldi family. She wants to escape from being JUST a Grimaldi. Being a Grimaldi means being an image of glamour etc. She doesn't mind that, she in fact takes advantage of that like with her Gucci contract. But she doesn't want to see as JUST that: just glamour and nothing else, just another beautiful heiress that does nothing with her life. She doesn't want to escape the Grimaldi in the sense that she doesn't want to deny she's one but she wants to show that besides being a Grimaldi, she's something else too.

Anything new happening with her equestrian hobby? I don't think we can actually call it a career so hobby seems more appropriate.

That´s true,she sees this more as a hobby than a real "job", I guess her fashion magazine is more important to her because she puts more effort into it and she has a good taste in fashion.
I can also agree with the statement "She wants to escape from being JUST a Grimaldi."
That is certainly true-we all have different facets of our personality and wish to be seen as a whole, but if she wants to be taken serious as a rider she should train more...I see her more as a smart fashionista with some interest in horses,philosophy and sustainability,but I am sure she has other hobbies and interests too.

So far, the Global Champions tour has had 3 stages already. She participated in none. Next one is London, not sure if she will. But then comes Cannnes and Monte Carlo, those are kind of certain, no?

I saw one article on London that said Charlotte would be there, but we will have to wait until next week and see. Last year she didn't start the GCT until Cannes. I think she did 5 of them. Maybe that is what Gucci is agreeing to pay for.

Makes sense, she seems to do the "most glamourous" ones: Cannes, MonteCarlo, etc

In honesty, many top level events are held in less than wonderful areas because of the amount of land required to hold a major competition. When they are in a 'resort town' with nice hotels and restaurants that's always a big attractant.

Madrid leg was held in the Club the Campo, a posh stablishment very close to the city center. Also, in spain there is quite a lot of "pink press" interested in the Grimaldi. I thought it would be ideal for Gucci because of all the free publicity she would had gotten.
I was surprised she didn't come.

Hmm, if i am not wrong, Fanofmonaco said in the Charlotte Casiraghi current events, that she may have hurt her leg. Well, that could be a reason that she doesn't participate in the competitions.

Would pink press be the tabloids?

Charlotte isn't listed to ride Thursday at the London GCT. I don't know that she is injured. It was just a wild guess.

If she was injured I am sure she would have made it official,just like a football player will make it official if he is unable to play due to health reasons.
I hope for her that she did not get hurt, maybe she is working on a different project that is more important to her at the moment, we can only guess.

It was a thought for me, too. Don't take is for granted!!!!

Of course, we can only speculate why she does not attend! I am sure that she has a good reason for it.
I hope that P.Charlotte accepts that she needs to train more to get good results and now she is exercising with a good coach, when she is in good shape she competes again & gives a better performance than before :)

Would pink press be the tabloids?

No, no, it's not the same thing.

For some unknown reason tabloids don't sell well in spain. the public is just not interested and every time some one has started one it has failed quickly.

So, maybe because we don't have tabloids but the public wants to read light stuff, what we have is what we call "pink press". The kind of press that focus on "glamour", celebrities, royals, etc. But talks about them kindly, shows pretty pictures, etc. Not with a tabloid mean focus.

Hello magazine, for example, is a spanish company, with several foreing branches.

I guess that this is why there is so much interests in the grimaldi in spain, when they don't have any family or geography conections with the country (as it's the case of italy or france). We have to fill up all the that glossy press with something! :p

Last edited:
I would just like to point out that 1. it might be the horse has an injury or 2. you cant campaign the same horses week after week after week. They need a little off time at judicious points during the season so they dont get lame and sour.

GCT Cannes started yesterday. I thought she would appear in this one but so far nothing

Charlotte is listed for the Monaco Grand Prix. Thierry Rozier will be riding Tintero. He is doing very well on him.

When was the last time Charlotte was in a competition, in April?

Charlotte is listed for the Monaco Grand Prix. Thierry Rozier will be riding Tintero. He is doing very well on him.

Hmm- so she was listed to ride but didn't? Was any reason given?

^^A french tv chanel said she hurt her back and that's why she wasn't competing. But I think no one really believed :whistling:

If the rumors are true, I'd bet that she doesn't return to riding.

I've thought for a long time that she was waiting for a good excuse to give it up.

^^A french tv chanel said she hurt her back and that's why she wasn't competing. But I think no one really believed :whistling:

I don't know. If she's suffered a serious back injury she won't be as active, and that could explain the apparent increase in weight that recent photographs seem to evidence.

^^ You're right. If she has a serious injury, she probably stoped her intense training and gaining weight is a normal consequence. And some people just have more tendency to gain fat in their bellies than others. I know because I'm one of those people. We'll have to wait and see.

But, I agree with HRHermione. If she's indeed pregnant, I think she won't come back to riding. It's the perfect timing to quit.

I don't get the impression that Charlotte is ever really in serious training, but I could be wrong.

And I actually meant not just the pregnancy rumor, but the injury rumor. I've thought for a long time that she must be tired of riding and failing to do well over and over again, and I've expected her to look for a graceful way to bow out

To come to Charlotte's defense, some people just do get back injuries faster than most. A friend of mine has issues with her back and rarely jumps due to that reason.

Who has ever seen a back injury incurred from jumping horses cause abdominal bloat?

Back
Top Bottom