Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really didn't pay attention to all of that. I was amazed how good she looked in the costume. Then again, I'm a guy so....

(...)
On topic......Charlotte is a still a bad rider who needs to decide if she is a committed equestrian or just another celebutante clothes horse.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Basel CSI is starting tomorrow. Charlotte has ridden there the last few years but apparently she is not engaged this year:
http://eventcontent.hippoonline.de/753/753zeitplanENG.htm

The french press reaction to the controversy aroused in the US media after Charlotte dressed up as an indian. Voici published a ironic piece mocking the american press reaction. The pretend to be shocked to make fun of the "scandal" and then they mock it. The piece even ends up advising the readers not to ever paint their faces blue if they don't want to offend the Smurfs! :ROFLMAO:

If you keep on reading the readers comments you'll see that all of them agree with the ironic opinion of Voici piece, and the all strongly support Charlotte and her choice of costume:

Charlotte Casiraghi crée la polémique aux Gucci masters - Voici

google translation:
Traductor de Google

I don't know how much controversy it caused. I am a news junkie and I have not heard one thing in the news regarding this.

I haven't seen anything over here either. There were maybe one or two posts on TFS forums that called her out, but otherwise, zelch. Charlotte is not well known enough over here to cause a stir outside of high fashion followers (which is the real irony here).

I haven't seen anything over here either. There were maybe one or two posts on TFS forums that called her out, but otherwise, zelch. Charlotte is not well known enough over here to cause a stir outside of high fashion followers (which is the real irony here).

True, just a post in a NY tabloid and no one is quoted or identified as the person, Native Indian or tribal leader as being offended. No one. No media coverage here in the US about this alleged controversy.

There's been controversy in many anglosaxon media and internet websites: dailymail, nydailynews, nymag, huffingtonpost, yahoonews, royalwatcher... That's why Voici is making fun of it.

Charlotte will be competing this weekend at the International Jumping de Bordeaux. She's doing a partner competition.

Team CHATEAU BACON:
Marie COUPERIE EIFFEL with POWER DE PUYCHETY
Charlotte CASIRAGHI with RUBINS QUIBELLE
Guillaume CANET with B.

Team - Partners - Jumping

Teaming up with Guillaume I see :brows: Hopefully we'll see Marion then.

So, as far as I understood, she's most of her time with Edwina in The Netherlands. I hope that means she's taking the sport more seriously and her scores will improve with time

So, as far as I understood, she's most of her time with Edwina in The Netherlands. I hope that means she's taking the sport more seriously and her scores will improve with time

It's kind of weird. The interview was made a little bit before the Gucci masters, probably november... and Charlotte says she spends most of her time in the Netherlands training, but... is you check her activities from last automn you have to wonder... I mean she spent the months either in París or Monaco or travelling around... If her horses are in the netherlands and she lives in París... this means she trains even less than i thought.

^^ well, I think it can be more complicated than that actually. Sorry if I'm misunderstading anything, I only had 3 years of french in school long time ago. But I understood that it's Thierry who trains her horses, right? And Thierry lives in France? Paris or south? So, if he trains her horses, she's working with different horses in the Netherlands?

Last edited:
If she spends most of her time training here, I wonder why she never competes here. And training with Edwina hasn't helped her improve all that much. Atleast not results wise.

^^ well, I think it can be more complicated than that actually. Sorry if I'm misunderstading anything, I only had 3 years of french in school long time ago. But I understood that it's Thierry who trains her horses, right? And Thierry lives in France? Paris or south? So, if he trains her horses, she's working with different horses in the Netherlands?

Thierry is only training Tintero and her young horses, getting them ready for her. Apparently the horses she competes with are in the Netherlands, which is really weird since just having a look at her public appearences last year, it's obvious she didn't spend much time there, she was mostly in Paris, Monaco and even America, with Gad, when she was not competing.

Thierry is only training Tintero and her young horses, getting them ready for her. Apparently the horses she competes with are in the Netherlands, which is really weird since just having a look at her public appearences last year, it's obvious she didn't spend much time there, she was mostly in Paris, Monaco and even America, with Gad, when she was not competing.

Well I suppose it must mean she now has a Dutch trainer getting horses ready for her too, or perhaps rehabing horses she has damaged. In either case it looks as if someone else does the work and she will pretty much just show up for the actual event. If she were ever to be a serious competitpr she wouldn't be galavanting all over the globe for parties, she would be training daily. It seems a bit of a streatch to talk about her having an "equestrian career", seems more of a hobby at best.

^^ NGalitzine, you're right about her not having a career but an hobby. And that's something that never makes sense with this girl. Because from her interviews it seems she looks at it as a career, at least from the point of view that she plans to do it in the long term and improving up to the point of competing in major events like the olympics.

Well I suppose it must mean she now has a Dutch trainer getting horses ready for her too, or perhaps rehabing horses she has damaged. In either case it looks as if someone else does the work and she will pretty much just show up for the actual event. If she were ever to be a serious competitpr she wouldn't be galavanting all over the globe for parties, she would be training daily. It seems a bit of a streatch to talk about her having an "equestrian career", seems more of a hobby at best.

This is very common at a certain level. We have a young lady in our barn with 7 horses (1,000,000 Euro for the last one). She is having a semester in Tuscany and only flies in for the big competitions, having ridden not at all in between (not that she rides much when in the US as they have several houses around the country). The coaches keep the horses fit and sharp in between and show the animals in the major Grands Prix. Young lady loves to collect congratulations on Facebook for the coach's wins. Daddy also bought her her very own rehab layup farm for her convalescents. The horses in the string are in constant rotation because if she competes any of them too consistently they begin to get worried, much like Charlotte's animals. So by the coach riding them, they stay confident.

^^:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thanks for sharing that scooter :flowers:

I always thought there was something wrong with Charlotte's "career" but now that you shared that story all makes sense: Charlotte does exactly the same!

The only weird thing is that Charlotte' horses do not compete in the Netherlands. So, she sends them there while she stays in Paris, goes to The Netherlands for a week to ride a little bit, takes them home with her to Paris, jumps a couple of shows in Paris and Fontainebleau, and then she sends the horses back to Edwina? Seems a little bit crazy if you ask me!

Also, have you noticed how she tells in the interview that she was the one who discovered Guccio but she graciously let Edwina have it? hahaha

In any case, it is obvious that her trips to the netherlands aren't doing her much good. This morning she was.... eliminated again, ladies and gentlemen! In a 1,20m. And, of course... she was the only one to be eliminated!

You know, scooter, at least the girl at your barn can get decent results when she rides the horses your trainer gets ready for her... charlotte is not able to finish a 1'20m!

Guillaume Canet is now sponsored by Gucci as well:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BClim43CcAEv-Xy.jpg:large

That's why I wondered too about her training here. We have many international and national acclaimed competitions going on here. And quite a few nearby Valkenswaard. (it's not as if the Netherlands is that big from the begin with, let's be real) I don't see why she would drag her horses all over Europe for amateur competitions. I'm sure it has to do with Gucci and where best to represent herself but she doesn't come across as someone who is dead serious about riding. Which is fine ofcourse. But if I was Frida, I would choose riders more internationally acclaimed in the main events. (eventing, dressage and jumping) Adelinde Cornelissen, Charlotte Dujardin, Zara Philips, Meredith Michaels Beerbaum to name a few on the top of my head.

Last edited:
This is very common at a certain level. We have a young lady in our barn with 7 horses (1,000,000 Euro for the last one). She is having a semester in Tuscany and only flies in for the big competitions, having ridden not at all in between (not that she rides much when in the US as they have several houses around the country). The coaches keep the horses fit and sharp in between and show the animals in the major Grands Prix. Young lady loves to collect congratulations on Facebook for the coach's wins. Daddy also bought her her very own rehab layup farm for her convalescents. The horses in the string are in constant rotation because if she competes any of them too consistently they begin to get worried, much like Charlotte's animals. So by the coach riding them, they stay confident.

She sounds just as much a celebutante rider as Charlotte. I don't think I would put either young lady in the serious category of rider like an Ian Miller, Eric Lamaze or the Whittakers or Beerbaums.

In any case, it is obvious that her trips to the netherlands aren't doing her much good. This morning she was.... eliminated again, ladies and gentlemen! In a 1,20m. And, of course... she was the only one to be eliminated!

You know, scooter, at least the girl at your barn can get decent results when she rides the horses your trainer gets ready for her... charlotte is not able to finish a 1'20m!

Guillaume Canet is now sponsored by Gucci as well:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BClim43CcAEv-Xy.jpg:large

oh my, Guillaume is sponsored by Gucci? That means we'll see him a lot in the competitions :clap::clap::clap::clap::brows:

I cannot stop laughing at this girl, sorry. How can it be that she's eliminated at 1.20m when in the interview she said she rides 1.40m, that 1.40 is her level??
That's what I don't understand about her: she pretends to be something she's not: a good rider. If she wanted to be another rich girl jumping, no one would say she's a good rider but ok, no problem at all. But what she says never fits the reality, she thinks 1.40m is her level, she wants to go to the olympics some day, she talks like she takes it very serious.... it's like she lives in her own world, not the real on:bang:

She should have gone on with Phylosophy. It´s not late.

oh my, Guillaume is sponsored by Gucci? That means we'll see him a lot in the competitions :clap::clap::clap::clap::brows:

I cannot stop laughing at this girl, sorry. How can it be that she's eliminated at 1.20m when in the interview she said she rides 1.40m, that 1.40 is her level??
That's what I don't understand about her: she pretends to be something she's not: a good rider. If she wanted to be another rich girl jumping, no one would say she's a good rider but ok, no problem at all. But what she says never fits the reality, she thinks 1.40m is her level, she wants to go to the olympics some day, she talks like she takes it very serious.... it's like she lives in her own world, not the real on:bang:

My guess is that she's isolated to a very small circle consisting mostly of flatterers and sycophants and that she isn't someone who has an easy time seeing through that. Essentially yes, she does live completely in her own world.

My guess is that she's isolated to a very small circle consisting mostly of flatterers and sycophants and that she isn't someone who has an easy time seeing through that. Essentially yes, she does live completely in her own world.

I believe you are right, Hermione. Those closer to her are not interested in letting her see the truth. They get to much money out of her gullibility. Thierry gets the chance to ride horses he usually doesn't have a chance to ride, gets money from Charlotte, promotion for his school, he is even sponsored by Gucci!

And Edwina, of course she is a first class rider, but a sponsor of the level of Gucci is not that easy to find. She gets a lot of money and popularity out of her realtionship with Charlotte. I don't know how much of it it's true, but in her interview Charlotte tells she was the one who called Gucci to ask them to buy Guccio for Edwina.

To me the clue was when Edwina choose Charlotte as her bridesmaid when they only had known each other for one year... Really, she didn't have any closer grilfriends ???!!
Now, she's chosen her to write the prologue of her biography... She's a wonderful rider but she's also the biggest ass-kisser in the world!

I don't know, I kind of hoped that Gad would help her see the truth somehow. He looks like a clever guy. But he knows nothing of the horse world so he probably will take a while to realize how this people are making profit out of charlotte.

Last edited:
You would think given her results that no one would have to tell her she is either just not up to the task of being a competitive rider or that she does not train enough to get the results she may want. Surely it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out, no matter how many ass kissers are around you the results don't lie.

Oh, but I'm sure Thierry and Edwine find nice excuses for her (she's too much of a perfectionists and gets nervous at competitions, she has problems managing the stress of competitions, she jumping higher than 2 years ago, so she is progresing, the horse was sick, the horse is too delicate...). Let's face it, as much as I love the horse world, you'll rarely find a social circle with a higher percentage of crooks, maybe because they are so many wealthy people around wanting too show off :)

Some pics from today. Sadly I don't seem to be able to enlarge de tumbnails. She looks pretty, a shame her hair is tied up, I would like to see how the new cut suits her:
STARTRAKS PHOTO

^^ I agree, NGalitzine. Even if she's surrounded by ass kissers (which she clearly is!) her bad results are so obvious. Doesn't she realise there is something wrong? Even if they keep telling good results will come with time... she has had time enough to realise they are not coming, after all she didn't restart her career yesterday...

EDIT: I wrote my post while you're posting yours, so I didn't read, trepstep. But you raised a very good point which somehow answers my doubt. Charlotte seems to be a very insecure person, who doesn't know how to stand up and follow her own path by herself. She always needs to be surrounded by someone who somehow makes her feel protected. Maybe these people make her feel this way and she's way too insecure to leave the bubble she lives in....
Hope that Gad, who somehow lives more in the real world and had to carved his own way in life, makes her realise that, but maybe he needs time to realise what's going on. By now, he just believes what he's told and I assume they tell him the same things they tell Charlotte

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom