Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gucci MAsters 2012:
- Pure People Gallery: Gucci Masters 2012 : Charlotte Casiraghi, Benjamin Castaldi et sa femme en piste
- Voici gallery: http://photo.voici.fr/les-people-au-gucci-paris-masters-2012-374
- Premiere.fr gallery: http://people.premiere.fr/Photos-pe...iraghi-chevauche-avec-Guillaume-Canet-3582848

Wire Image: gallery 1 (Juliette Maillot was there, they did some shopping at the Gucci stand) - gallery 2 (riding her horse - I really wonder if she had good results when I see this and this)

Same kind of pics on Zimbio. Charlotte is very elegant, she wears riding clothes better than anybody, but she looks very bad at ease on her horse.

Last edited:
Those pics are from the 1'45 she's riden with Carry and since her participation at such a high level is pure idiocy, she was eliminated again., of course. More precisely she was the only eliminated rider out of 45 people:
Gucci Paris Masters 2012 - Aktuelle Ergebnisse der laufenden Prfung

I was fed up with Charlotte and her horses, but you know, her riding career is so terribly absurd that I'm starting to find it fun to follow her again, just for the sake of the laughs!

Last edited:
Off-topic, but I didn't know Guillaume Canet rode horses. Let alone competitive! Dayum, Marion Cotillard really hit the jackpot.

And all of her results aside (their utter sh.te obviously), her riding clothes make me drool.

^ Guillaume Canet was brought up in Normandie, his parents own horses. He wanted to become a professional rider (I think that his level was good) but he had to change his plans after a fall at 18 and he became an actor.
He is so fond of horses that he recently played Pierre Durand in a movie about Jappeloup.
He already went to Gucci Masters a few years ago as a spectator, with Marion Cotillard (pics from zimbio here - 2009).

Last edited:
And all of her results aside (their utter sh.te obviously), her riding clothes make me drool.

Absolutely. Her "official" showjumping clothes are very nice and she looks amazing in them. But what I really envy are her training clothes! That jumper and the one she wore in Lyon are to die for!

Last edited:
After having read many comments about Charlotte's natural beauty I have looked at those pictures very attentively and I'm convinced that she's wearing some make up. To me, she's there to do her job of model for Gucci: wearing a light make up to be at the top of her beauty, wearing beautiful Gucci clothes and diamonds earings (maybe from Cartier?), posing at the Gucci stand... Her contribution to the jumping is not the most important in her presence at the Gucci Masters: her results are bad, but maybe she didn't come for the sport, she just came because she has a contract with a brand and because she has to appear in Gucci clothes in magazines. From this point of vue, the operation is a success, because she's stunning. And if you look attentively to galleries you will notice that there are less and less pics of Charlotte riding - compared to what we had when she returned to the competition. Everybody (photographs, newspapers, websites) seems to have understood that the essentiel is somewhere else, more in her Gucci contract than in her Olympics ambitions.

Last edited:
I agree with you that from Gucci PR point of view her presence is certainly a succes. But I don't think that Charlotte thinks the same way.

By reading her interviews it is obvious that she clearly cares for the sport and wants to be a succes in it. She doesn't want to be just a pretty face and a body to hang clothes on. She wants to do things, and create and achieve something with her horses. She is quite clear about that (i must find time to scan the self service interview). She doesn't want to be a passive figure but do things with her life.

Also, if she just wanted to be Gucci's face she could ride the 1'15m, along with other celebrities, she would get better results and appear in the trophy photos and spend much less money on horses. And the general public wouldn't know the difference. They would think she is a champion because she appears receiving trophies on pictures.

So, no doubt Charlotte riding career is an image and PR succes for Gucci. But being a Gucci face is not Charlotte's aim by itself. Owning 7 horses and travelling the international circuit is awfully expensive. She uses Gucci to pay for her horses.

What I mean is that even if the press and public don't care for her sport ambitions, for Charlotte, Gucci's promotion is not a goal, but a means. She works for Gucci to be able to pay for what she really cares about: her riding career. So, no matter how pretty she looks on Gucci clothes, is she doesn't succeed on horse the result of the Gucci Masters is a personal failure for her.

Last edited:
That jacket looks really nice! I hope we get a better look at some point. (not sure about the red lipstick with the purple of the jacket, thought)

Edit: I found some more pics on zimbio and I don't like her outfit finally. The fabric of the jacket is beautiful, but I don't like the shape and she is she is wearing it on top of boooring all black.
Charlotte Casiraghi Photos - Georgina Bloomberg, daughter of New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg attending the opening gala of the Gucci Paris Masters 2012 held at the Paris Nord Villepinte Expostition Centre in Paris - Zimbio

Also, some pics from today's competition. She wore a beautiful grey new riding jacket and she looks great.
Charlotte Casiraghi Photos - Zimbio

Her results on the other hand...
Elimination with Costa Virgio and elimination with Carry!
http://eventcontent.hippoonline.de/747/747zeitplanENG.htm?style=hippo
I'm starting to think that she does it on purpose to keep us talking. Nobody can be so persistent in doing so bad!

Last edited:
Competition: nice make up, nice outfits, she looks very elegant. But her results are so bad - and not surprising. On some pics she seems to suffer, so I don't understand WHY she keeps on being humiliated in each competition.

Gala: still black, with a touch of purple... And there is another thing I can't understand: why does she goes to galas if she doesn't feel at ease? Each time she has the same positions (legs, arms) and she laughs in a shy way - even acting like a clown to hide her fear.

Gucci Masters : Charlotte Casiraghi, Jessica Springsteen, beautés inaugurales ! In a pic of this gallery we can see her phoning on her horse, during the preparation. I really wonder if she takes all this seriously, this girl is a big mystery.

EDIT: on this pic, Charlotte looks like a model!

Charlotte inside the gala. The jacket she's holding looks a lot like the one she wore on the Nice airport pics, the day before the National Day.

I think that her face is more beautiful than ever on all these recent pics. She has these amazing features, and she looks fresh and relaxed.

Pomeline-Fizz ♣ Charlotte Casiraghi: Charlotte au gala de Graal Joaillier + Gucci Masters Caroline was with Charlotte! And Pomeline identified Charlotte's jewells: they are from Cartier, which is not a surprise.

Charlotte + Carolie: http://www.purepeople.com/article/g...la-athina-son-mari-sa-minerve-aussi_a111201/1 Athina is in Paris too. She looks fine!

Un soutien important - Charlotte, cavalière de charme aux Gucci Masters - ParisMatch.com

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks very beautiful in every pic!
She reminds me of her 2008 years - when she started horse riding again (if i remember correctly!)

Gorgeous outfits. And oh my god I want her grey jacket. It's so chic. I need it in a dressage fit.

And thanks for the info LovelyKate. Judging from the pics, Guillaume had more success.

I must say she looks delicious in her riding gear.

Dresses well, rides badly. Is she a fashion model or an equestrian, clothes horse or horse rider?

I agree with you that from Gucci PR point of view her presence is certainly a succes. But I don't think that Charlotte thinks the same way.

By reading her interviews it is obvious that she clearly cares for the sport and wants to be a succes in it. She doesn't want to be just a pretty face and a body to hang clothes on. She wants to do things, and create and achieve something with her horses. She is quite clear about that (i must find time to scan the self service interview). She doesn't want to be a passive figure but do things with her life.

Also, if she just wanted to be Gucci's face she could ride the 1'15m, along with other celebrities, she would get better results and appear in the trophy photos and spend much less money on horses. And the general public wouldn't know the difference. They would think she is a champion because she appears receiving trophies on pictures.

So, no doubt Charlotte riding career is an image and PR succes for Gucci. But being a Gucci face is not Charlotte's aim by itself. Owning 7 horses and travelling the international circuit is awfully expensive. She uses Gucci to pay for her horses.

What I mean is that even if the press and public don't care for her sport ambitions, for Charlotte, Gucci's promotion is not a goal, but a means. She works for Gucci to be able to pay for what she really cares about: her riding career. So, no matter how pretty she looks on Gucci clothes, is she doesn't succeed on horse the result of the Gucci Masters is a personal failure for her.

I basically agree with everything you said. I'm not well-acquainted with horse riding, but I'd like to think she has the potential to improve and achieve better results in the future. I vehemently believe that she won't drop out because well, she doesn't have anything left. The Academic path is a ship that sailed long time ago, and I don't think she's hardcore enough for the serious business in the publishing world either.

On a more positive note, it's really good to see she's back in Paris. Prettier than ever, calm and relaxed, dating a French man, etc.

And there is another thing I can't understand: why does she goes to galas if she doesn't feel at ease? Each time she has the same positions (legs, arms) and she laughs in a shy way - even acting like a clown to hide her fear.http://www.parismatch.com/Royal-Blo...ux-Gucci-Masters/Un-soutien-important-449513/

Well, she has to. She is under contractual obligation with Gucci and Cartier. It's kind of a job for her.
Appart from Gucci or Cartier events, or occasionaly with Gad, you rarely see her at a Gala or red carpet. She doesn't seem to seek that kind of events.
But I agree, she is too old to keep acting like a shy 15 years old everytime she goes to any kind of event!

On the other hand, it's true that her face hadn't looked so pretty for quite a time. She looks more womanly and less as a child.

she has a nice collection of cartier watch

Very interesting what LovelyKate wrote , I agree totally ! "pauvre petitie fille riche" song of the late Claude François

It seems that Charlotte competed this morning and that she was - once again - the only one eliminated. (Results here)
I was convinced that Charlotte was only there to show her amazing riding clothes but then I found this gallery from novagente.pt in which she appears desperate by her results. I can't understand: why keeping on acting in this way if it makes her suffer so much? Why doesn't she ride at a lower level, taking time to improve? Why doesn't she train harder to have a chance to do her best?
Time passes, and she still behaves like the girl who wanted to be a journalist and who directly founded a newspaper. She wants to be at the top without being conscious that being successful is the achievment of a long and difficult journey. Maybe I'm wrong and there is another explaination to all this mess, but I don't see what.
Two pics from Noelle Floyd's website: Charlotte riding, and her horse. It seems that there was a photoshoot for Gucci, as Noelle Floyd also posted a pic of a Gucci saddle with a caption precising that it was the saddle used for the photoshoot. I wonder if it was all about Edwina, or about Charlotte.

Last edited:
Two pics from Noelle Floyd's website: Charlotte riding, and her horse. It seems that there was a photoshoot for Gucci, as Noelle Floyd also posted a pic of a Gucci saddle with a caption precising that it was the saddle used for the photoshoot. I wonder if it was all about Edwina, or about Charlotte.

In that picture of Charlotte riding, she seems to have lost a stirrup. What a weird picture to use for a Gucci campaign.

In that picture of Charlotte riding, she seems to have lost a stirrup. What a weird picture to use for a Gucci campaign.

Maybe that's the thing, the photo does not promote the sport, but the look...and the horse is more an accessoire than the star of the show...

Maybe that's the thing, the photo does not promote the sport, but the look...and the horse is more an accessoire than the star of the show...

I think that's a given, but honestly the photo even looks weird because she's coming out of her saddle and is obviously pretty uncomfortable. Her face looks lovely and the horse looks noble which I'm sure is why they chose that image, but her riding looks bad there, even to just a beginning rider.

Seems odd that Gucci would spend a lot of money on Charlotte. As an individual she is not exactly the most famous woman in the world and as a successful equestrian she is pretty much a wash out.

I think that's a given, but honestly the photo even looks weird because she's coming out of her saddle and is obviously pretty uncomfortable. Her face looks lovely and the horse looks noble which I'm sure is why they chose that image, but her riding looks bad there, even to just a beginning rider.

yeah, that was sort of my point, people who don't know showjumping probably wouldn't notice that... i think the picture conveys the image of a serious looking sportswoman in a gorgeous outfit, and that probably what they are going for

Lee-Z said:
yeah, that was sort of my point, people who don't know showjumping probably wouldn't notice that... i think the picture conveys the image of a serious looking sportswoman in a gorgeous outfit, and that probably what they are going for

See and I think it's a lot more noticeable than that, even to those with very little riding experience. I could be wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom