Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ Thanks for the articles Florencia. Charlotte looks nice in that vogue picture.

Thanks everybody for all these beautiful pics!! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Here is an article from DailyMail about Charlotte and Gucci. Nothing new, I just wanted to know: isn't the third pic (Charlotte jumping, in a blue suit) an old pic of Charlotte as a teenager??
I also noticed that's the first time Charlotte has her own article on DailyMail. Before this one, she always shared the article with someone else (mother, family, Salma Hayek...), and wasn't even told about in the title.

^ Thanks for the link, but I didn't read it. I know what Daily Mail is, thank you. I just noticed it because it shows that Charlotte is more and more well-known. And I just wanted to know if one of the pics of the article was recent or old, that's all.

AT first I didn't think that the 3rd picture was Charlotte and didn't recognize the horse but now think it is a recent picture. She is wearing the Gucci rosette on her breast pocket and that must be her new horse CarryDuffZ.

^ I thought exactly the same, FanOfMonaco, until I saw the Marionnaud "M" on the saddle pad. I think that they could have made an effort to post a more recent picture! Unless Charlotte used an old saddle pad? But I doubt that she would have done it, she's linked to Gucci now. However, thanks for your answer!

You are right LovelyKate. That is an M on the saddlepad. I think that is an old helmet also. It sits too close to her head. What a lazy journalist.

It's a delight to see her laughing and speaking English while being interviewed...miracles do happen!

OMG that was so great! Thank you! Charlotte seemed so relaxed and of course, beautiful! There is also one with Charlotte and Jan Tops as well.

Last edited:
There are three videos at Pomeline Skyrock, one of them is the one I posted in here. Her english is really nice! Remember this reply in one of the threads when someone said her english was poor?:whistling::whistling:

Agree. I doubt it would be bad because she would have nannies talking to her in english. Excpet for this, living in England is an important and major reason, too.

Her voice is so gorgeous! I love the way it sounds. Its not totally the way I pictured it, and I guess because we're not used to hearing her speak, only seeing pictures of her, its just a bit of a shock. But her english is perfect. I also think she sounds ALOT, BEAUCOUP, like Margherita Missoni.:ohmy: That's the other part that really surprises me. But I love Marg's voice so that's not a problem. And I can't imagine that her English would be poor or how anyone would think that. Her grandmother was American for goodness sakes! And both her mother and her aunt speak flawless English.

Edit: Okay, the initial haze having worn off, I will offer one or two critiques. I think she was shy, and probably a little nervous since she's still new at this interviewing thing. But although she does wield a certain command with the English language, she did keep repeating the word "obviously" and "pleasure." In the longer video with the guy her answer about what she did to prepare her horses sounded a bit superficial. I don't know what responsibilities she has in Monaco aside from appearing every once and while at an event. She also said that she made sure to "relax" or whatever, when I think (maybe not I'm not equestrian, you folks correct me here) shouldn't she be training or something? I think I expected a different more developed answer. But that's all. Her voice is still lovely, and she does pronounce with a slight French intonation; you can hear it particularly when she says the word "pleasure." It sounds a whole lot like "plaisir." ;) It's cute though.

Last edited:
Amazing Grace... Charlotte sounds just like her mother talking! The same tone to the voice, the same facial expressions, for a moment, you can actually believe you're listen to P. Caroline. She still moves her hands a lot, though, what might indicate anxiety or nervousness. But that will change with the years. :mountie: :mountie::mountie:

Post of the Day! *two thumbs way up*

I don't have to say a thing, you took the words right out of my mouth, lazuli, we are simpatico. :cool:

However, I will add that this is only the second time I've ever heard Charlotte speak, the first time was last year or so when she sat beside her uncle Prince Albert and gave a short interview in French. OMG, I didn't expect such a thick rich deep chocolaty voice. She blew me away. Aha, here it is:

YouTube - ‪Charlotte Casiraghi - First Interview - Stade2‬‏

What a classy, elegant, multi-lingual, well-educated, athletic, sophisticed natural beauty. When God was handing out his blessings, He gave Charlotte EVERYTHING! :flowers:

Lazuli. Is it possible for an Italian to speak without moving their hands? It is part of the language.

Kells, Charlotte is the honorary president of the Monaco show. PC has handed it over to her. This is her second year. She came up with the idea for the Pro-Am event. She also was responsible for finding sponsors. She probably was also responsible for seeing that the sponsors were happy during the tournament. Jan Tops and Diane Fissore handle the actual logistics of the show but it sounds like she is actively involved.

I posted the two interviews on my YouTube channel in case you can't view them on the actual website! :)

YouTube - ‪MsGrimaldiofMonaco's Channel‬‏

I love this - she speaks English with a British accent, which surprised me; thought there would be more French influence (like Andrea) - her voice is pleasant, too. I was glad to hear her say that she is learning from the professionals, by observing them.

Post of the Day! *two thumbs way up*

I don't have to say a thing, you took the words right out of my mouth, lazuli, we are simpatico. :cool:

However, I will add that this is only the second time I've ever heard Charlotte speak, the first time was last year or so when she sat beside her uncle Prince Albert and gave a short interview in French. OMG, I didn't expect such a thick rich deep chocolaty voice. She blew me away. Aha, here it is:

YouTube - ‪Charlotte Casiraghi - First Interview - Stade2‬‏

What a classy, elegant, multi-lingual, well-educated, athletic, sophisticed natural beauty. When God was handing out his blessings, He gave Charlotte EVERYTHING! :flowers:

Thank you Nadine. I also watched that first interview Charlotte gave and already her voice strucked me with her low key, ( very « chocolaty » as you so cleverly put ) tone... As for her moving hands, as FanofMonaco said... I get your point. I'm a latin too, and yes, we like to enphasize the words we say with gestures. We speak with ours hands... so to speak! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Charlotte's accent is pretty mixed up. It sounds a bit american sometimes. Probably because that's how she learned it. Both her mother and aunt have american accents, but there's something british to it too. That's probably due to her living in England recently!

Oh, how funny! She says water the way Philadelphians say it. Philly, Jersey, and some parts of New York say "wooder" instead of water and in the beginning of the interview she says "wooder" twice. That's probably the word that most people recognize as a Philadelphia thing! I'm sure Grace said that and it carried down.

Living in England, Charlotte will gradually adopt British English, especially if she is mixing with the "Home Counties" set.

The "lingua franca" of British artists, writers or equestrians will be very similar, and Charlotte will fit in easily, I think.

Charlotte is competing at Bois le Roi this Saturday and Sunday.

Charlotte's accent is pretty mixed up. It sounds a bit american sometimes. Probably because that's how she learned it. Both her mother and aunt have american accents, but there's something british to it too. That's probably due to her living in England recently!

Grace Kelly had a touch of British accent too. She studied to remove her Philly accent when she was starting in Hollywood because it was a handicap according to casting directors. Accdg to biographers, her sisters teased her a lot because of her new accent. So like grandmother, like granddaughter!

She has such a gorgeous voice. I wish somebody had a clip of Pierre talking. We've now heard all the Casiraghis except him.:sad:

Has anyone seen any results and/or pictures from Bois le Roi yet?

I envy Charlotte her beautiful voice.

But it's what is being said, that is the important thing.

Back
Top Bottom