Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's there, sporadically - but, I think he expects her to attend his ventures, while attending hers are optional....just MHO.....

I don't know if its just me, but it Looks like Charlotte is happier when she is not with him.
At the Gucci event she looks happy, confident, Glowing...

Its strange we never see Alex at these events. Charlotte might need the support. Competing can be nerve racking! She supports him with the art gallery, attending showings etc. Odd.

Alex has gone to loads of her jumpings. He was @ the Gucci Masters last year and he went to the GCT Rio and the GCT Monte Carlo, and others.

He wasn't @ the Gucci Masters this year because of a gallery thing in Miami. I am guessing it has to do with a gallery thing he's working on with another gallery owner and good friend, Vito Schnabel. Stavros Niarchos also there apparently.

*Edit*
Yep, here we go. I found the confirmation. It's on the Vanity Fair blog. This is what Alex was up to last week. You see him mentioned, and Vito, and Fanofmonaco was right about Stavros being there. I guess Stavros and Alex hosted a thing together.
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/12/vfs-guide-to-art-basel-vito-schnabel.html

Last edited:
I would be shocked if her trainer were not at the majority of her competitions. For one thing, day charges at the show are one of the primary ways trainers make an income.

I would be shocked if her trainer were not at the majority of her competitions. For one thing, day charges at the show are one of the primary ways trainers make an income.

I think we're talking about her boyfriend Alex...at least, that's who I was talking about - him being choosey about attending her equestrian events.

Thierry Rozier has been to all of her competitions. She tends to go to competitions that Philippe Rozier is in.

"Loads of her jumpings" is an exaggeration I peg 2 out of 5. But I'm glad we can see what he's up to. It illustrates my point.
This Gucci event, correct me if I'm wrong, is the most significant event in Charlotte's riding career. She's giving interviews to the press, attending press conf. etc. We have never seen Charlotte do these things, and I think she is doing an awesome job btw.
And while all this is going on her boyfriend of 3 years is on a whole different continent at some swishy party in miami...Hmmm....Odd.

They both have jobs like everyone else. I am kind of surprised that they are still together. Long distance relationships are difficult. I also wonder what Charlotte thinks of Alice and Andrea Dellal blabbing to the press all of a sudden. I was shocked when Alice was talking to the British press about a potential engagement.

I'm not so sure I'd call what Alex does a "job". But thats just me. I was shocked as well, more so about the mother in Hola!
Were getting off topic here.

I'm not so sure I'd call what Alex does a "job". But thats just me. I was shocked as well, more so about the mother in Hola!
Were getting off topic here.

I know we're off topic, but must add - remember what happened when Carolina Von Stauffenberg's mother pushed the issue of engagement between her and Andrea......I would imagine neither Alex or Charlotte appreciate her insuinuating that there may be an upcoming engagement....should be up to them, not his mother....

"Loads of her jumpings" is an exaggeration I peg 2 out of 5. But I'm glad we can see what he's up to. It illustrates my point.
This Gucci event, correct me if I'm wrong, is the most significant event in Charlotte's riding career. She's giving interviews to the press, attending press conf. etc. We have never seen Charlotte do these things, and I think she is doing an awesome job btw.
And while all this is going on her boyfriend of 3 years is on a whole different continent at some swishy party in miami...Hmmm....Odd.

I don't know how many jumpings he went to. I just remember, for sure, GCT Monte Carlo and GCT rio (for this year and also 2009, both of those).

The "swishy party" was a bit more serious! All the gallery owners go to this thing in Miami to seek out hot new art and artists they might be interested in showing/supporting. It is business, but yes, I'm sure it's a fun business. I mean, parties are just part of the deal in that line.... You have to go out and meet and greet the art scene. :cool:

It's OK. I mean, it's BETTER than the Vogue one. Well, I did really like ONE of the portraits in Vogue, and that was the one where tintero was hugging Char. Char was too made up but it was too sweet the way she and tintero were being to each other. You could see how much he loves her. :flowers:

Back to the topic, though, a video from Gucci Masters. You can see Charlotte receiving her 4th place prize right around 3:45-ish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmw4REqpVCg

Last edited:
I don't know how many jumpings he went to. I just remember, for sure, GCT Monte Carlo and GCT rio (for this year and also 2009, both of those).

The "swishy party" was a bit more serious! All the gallery owners go to this thing in Miami to seek out hot new art and artists they might be interested in showing/supporting. It is business, but yes, I'm sure it's a fun business. I mean, parties are just part of the deal in that line.... You have to go out and meet and greet the art scene. :cool:

True...But Alex does have partners. I think the Gucci event is a big step in the right direction for Charlotte, and I hope she can parlay this into something productive and useful for her life. Whatever Alex's "business" in Miami was all about it would have been nice to see him giving his support.
This was a significant event for her.

True...But Alex does have partners. I think the Gucci event is a big step in the right direction for Charlotte, and I hope she can parlay this into something productive and useful for her life. Whatever Alex's "business" in Miami was all about it would have been nice to see him giving his support.
This was a significant event for her.

Alex is doing bussiness. Charlotte is having fun with her expensive hobby. I see no plausible reason why Alex should quit an important meeting to be with Charlottes while she plays around.
Plus, horse jumping shows are incredibly boring for non-horsey people.

Alex is doing bussiness. Charlotte is having fun with her expensive hobby. I see no plausible reason why Alex should quit an important meeting to be with Charlottes while she plays around.
I agree. And even if you love horses, it can be a snooze. Especially in the cold.

On Getty day 2 check out Charlotte and Edwina curtseying. I think Charlotte flunked Princess school. Edwina's curtsey is to die for. In Charlotte's defense, I think the Monagasque women usually bow when wearing slacks.

Can you post this picture? I can not find it.

More pictures from Gucci Masters 2010
Gallery

I think that was her best outfit/look during the whole event. Although that Gucci necktie (in the Style et Competition/Pro-Am) was fabulous. :D

The validity of Alex's "Business" in my opinion is open for speculation. But I've said my piece on that and I'm done.
As far as Charlotte p-l-a-y-i-n-g a-r-o-u-n-d, why if the title of this thread equestrian career? A career is not "playing around".
As I said before, I think this is a step in the right direction for Charlotte, I think she over all with this Gucci event did very well and I congratulate her.
I've been coming to TRF as a guest for quite some time now, and I can tell you you seem to be quite anti Charlotte at times, scrutinizing her figure, saying she is a failure at everything etc etc. If your so anti Charlotte why are you even on here trepstrep?

We've had the discussion about Charlotte's "career" vs. "hobby" so many times.
You can just comb through this thread and find many comments about it. I am not a moderator, so I will only *suggest* that we move the discussion of Alex Dellal and associated art gallery business over to the "Friends of Andrea, Charlotte, and Pierre" thread. There is even a whole other thread for the Dellal Family in the Celebrity Chit Chat forum.

In Trep's defense, I have to say that she is not "anti" Charlotte. She is just very objective about Charlotte's performance. And she's very objective about Charlotte, imho. That's why Trep is so great to read here. She brings a good balance to all the charlotte-worshipping rhetoric. :lol:

OK.

I found some links relating to the past horsey event.

Socials Turn Out for Gucci Masters - Fashion Scoops - Fashion News - WWD.com (very nice pic of Char and Caro)

Charlotte Casiraghi aux Gucci Masters à Paris

Je veux le look de Charlotte Casiraghi : toutes en selles cet hiver ! - MODE - Plurielles.fr

It turns out that, according to this

Here is how the Pro-Am Cup resulted (I know it's very confusing they way the results were portrayed, but I have put the pieces together.)
TOP 3:
1) Malin Baryard-Johnsson and Ekaterina Rybolovleva
2) Edwina Alexander and Charlotte Casiraghi
3) Michel Robert and Vincent Bartin

Edwina and Char ALMOST won, but Malin and Ekaterina came in with the final victory. It is mentioned here that it was a narrow victory. Of course, we don't know how narrow because the Gucci Masters website didn't publish the results of this particular competition, so we don't know the times.

In Trep's defense, I have to say that she is not "anti" Charlotte. She is just very objective about Charlotte's performance. And she's very objective about Charlotte, imho. That's why Trep is so great to read here. She brings a good balance to all the charlotte-worshipping rhetoric. :lol:

IMHO, when someone is objective he says the good and bad things, not only the bad things.

Can you post this picture? I can not find it.

Here and here

^Imo,Trep does post good things about Char. I think she posts good things when they are deserved. Not only bad things. But that's just me,I guess. :whistling:

It turns out that, according to this

Here is how the Pro-Am Cup resulted (I know it's very confusing they way the results were portrayed, but I have put the pieces together.)
TOP 3:
1) Malin Baryard-Johnsson and Ekaterina Rybolovleva
2) Edwina Alexander and Charlotte Casiraghi
3) Michel Robert and Vincent Bartin

Edwina and Char ALMOST won, but Malin and Ekaterina came in with the final victory. It is mentioned here that it was a narrow victory. Of course, we don't know how narrow because the Gucci Masters website didn't publish the results of this particular competition, so we don't know the times.

I think Charlotte and Edwina were third. According this Malin Baryard-Johnsson and Ekaterina Rybolovleva scored 9,6/10 and Michel Robert and Vincent Bartin 9,5/10.
But I don't know French, so perhaps I'm wrong.

^Imo,Trep does post good things about Char. I think she posts good things when they are deserved. Not only bad things. But that's just me,I guess. :whistling:
Wikipedia describes equestrianism as "competitive sports".
To say Charlotte is "playing around" is a silly INACCURATE statement to make.
If equestrianism were a "hobby", TRF would change the thread to Char's equestrian hobby.
So, hopefully this will clear up the TWO inaccurate statements that were made recently.
OK

I think Charlotte and Edwina were third. According this Malin Baryard-Johnsson and Ekaterina Rybolovleva scored 9,6/10 and Michel Robert and Vincent Bartin 9,5/10.
But I don't know French, so perhaps I'm wrong.

I think you're right. It's a pity they didn't tell us Charlotte and Edwina's score, but it seems logical to assume they were third. I knew they were classed becaues they were up there with all the classed riders during the award ceremony/presentation of the cheque. (loving spelling "check" like that, so much nicer.)

Known results:
*Malin Baryard-Johnsson and Ekaterina Rybolovleva 9,6/10
*Michel Robert and Vincent Bartin 9,5/10
3?) Edwina and Charlotte ?
*Roger Yves Bost (aka Bosty) and Ben Castaldi 4,6/10

P.S. I am the guilty person who started this thread and gave it its name. I was ill informed at the time. Why should TRF change it? There is no "fact" in this question. We all see it as we will see it. You can say it is a serious career for her, or you can say like Trep it is an expensive hobby. It doesn't matter. Why does it matter?

I think you're right. It's a pity they didn't tell us Charlotte and Edwina's score, but it seems logical to assume they were third. I knew they were classed becaues they were up there with all the classed riders during the award ceremony/presentation of the cheque. (loving spelling "check" like that, so much nicer.)

Known results:
*Malin Baryard-Johnsson and Ekaterina Rybolovleva 9,6/10
*Michel Robert and Vincent Bartin 9,5/10
3?) Edwina and Charlotte ?
*Roger Yves Bost (aka Bosty) and Ben Castaldi 4,6/10

P.S. I am the guilty person who started this thread and gave it its name. I was ill informed at the time. Why should TRF change it? There is no "fact" in this question. We all see it as we will see it. You can say it is a serious career for her, or you can say like Trep it is an expensive hobby. It doesn't matter. Why does it matter?
LOL, I'll remember that if I ever start a new thread.
I don't know about serious career, ie if she could be another Zara Phillips,
But I think it would be nice if she could make it something useful and productive, like maybe a commentator or something.
I really know nothing about horses so I'm out of my depth.

Thanks, casiraghitrio :)
I really don't think that I am anti-Charlotte or that I say only bad things about her.

I think she has an incredibly beautiful face.
I'm pretty sure she is a very intelligent young woman, since she got a très bien in her bac.
She seems to have wide interests in her life from arts, to sports, litterature, philosophy.
I've stated several times that she seems a very level-headed girl, who clearly looks for a partner with something in his head/personality/intelligence, since none of her 2 boyfriends have been specially handsome. She obvioulsy doesn't go just for the looks of someone and doesn't waste her time with actors, or empty-headed celebrities.
From what we see in pictures she seems very caring and sweet person, she loves her family, friends...
I believe these are all very good things.
I think I also said that "maybe" she has the talent to be a great writer, journalist or a horsewoman (we just don't know)

But I also think that she has an ugly body shape, that her posture is really bad and that she's failed in the main things she's undertaken because she never bothered to be humble enough to go through a proper training period.

That said, I don't care what's the title in this thread, "career" is a word with many meanings. In any case Charlotte is an amateur, she's very very very far a way from professional or top level and her horse riding can't be considered more than a hobby by any means. Maybe in a future this will change, but now that's what it is.

Last edited:
Technically I think Charlotte is a professional because Gucci is paying her riding expenses. To date though she is riding at an amateur level. In the US she would be considered in the minor leagues or semi-pro.

Technically I think Charlotte is a professional because Gucci is paying her riding expenses. To date though she is riding at an amateur level. In the US she would be considered in the minor leagues or semi-pro.
I agree as well. It would nice if we could see her at the same level as Zara Phillips. But I think she's a long way from there. Again I know nothing about horses, just my impression.
Whatever level, this Gucci gig is not "playing around", Gucci is not about to drop major money for someone frivolous who "plays around" with horses.
Also it's nice to see her come in 4th place, she didn't win, but at least it's not another on of her "failures".

Last edited:
I agree as well. It would nice if we could see her at the same level as Zara Phillips. But I think she's a long way from there. Again I know nothing about horses, just my impression.
Whatever level, this Gucci gig is not "playing around", Gucci is not about to drop major money for someone frivolous who "plays around" with horses.
Also it's nice to see her come in 4th place, she didn't win, but at least it's not another on of her "failures".

I wonder how Trepstep's equestrian efforts/record compares to Charlotte's, since she said she also rides - not sure what circuit, but perhaps she's good enough to compare their skills to know what constitutes "failure" and "playing around" in the equestrian world.

Back
Top Bottom