Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had never heard of Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum until the 2008 Beijing Games. But after watching her ride/jump just one event I was hooked and began staying up at all hours to see her...she is poetry on a horse, IMO!

Edwina is a lighter rider...style different but no less beautiful to watch.

Charlotte was in the recent jumping competitions at Barbizon, France, from 1-3 October. You can see this event's results on jump-results.com.
I guess we know for sure now that/why she wasn't in Fino Mornasco.

^Thanks a lot CT! Yes, now we can confirm that she wasn't at Fino Mornasco.

But it looks like she only competed in one thing, on the first day with Troy and Tintero in two phases for the Prix Sotraloc, a 1* 1m30. With Troy she placed at 51st place/4 fault points/timed @ 31.61. With Tintero, eliminated. Maybe this event was a qualifier and as she didn't get a prize place, she couldn't go on to more events in the next days. Who knows?

She only competed days 1 and 2 of October.

I think that Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre were in Monaco the day 3. That's why Andrea was with Albert in the soccer match in Monaco the day 2 and Charlotte didn't compete the day 3 in Barbizon.

^You're right. I missed the one from Day 2.

She was 34/64 with Troy (4 fault pts.) and 51/64 with Tintero (8 fault pts.) in the Prix Jump Bost/1m25 on October 2nd.

Recent jumpings:

* Jump Bost/Barbizon, 1-2 October 2010 (Troy, Tintero)
on the first day with Troy and Tintero in two phases for the Prix Sotraloc, a 1* 1m30. With Troy she placed at 51st place/4 fault points/timed @ 31.61. With Tintero, eliminated.
She was 34/64 with Troy (4 fault pts.) and 51/64 with Tintero (8 fault pts.) in the Prix Jump Bost/1m25 on October 2nd.

* Liverdy en Brie, 25-26 September 2010 (GI Joe)
1 NP - Non-partant (non-participant) and 1 forfeit
* Fontainebleau, 16-17 September 2010 (GI Joe)
1 Abandon, 1 elimination

Recent jumpings:

* Jump Bost/Barbizon, 1-2 October 2010 (Troy, Tintero)

1 Abandon, 1 elimination

And Tintero & Troy? What competition she participated? I refer to 1,20 ; 1,30 ...

Rereh, both of the Jump Bost competitions she engaged in were in 2 phases and she jumped with both Troy and Tintero, one per phase. If you look on the results you will see her twice in each list. I hope I answered your question. I'm not clear on what your confusion is about, but I think you wanted to know if she jumped with both Troy and Tintero in those events?

Recent jumpings:

1 Abandon, 1 elimination

Hi, can I ask you where did you find the results for these two jumpings? I'm going mad checking everyplace but I dont' seem able to find anything! Thanks

Maybe she got TrepStep's message and is riding the French circuit this fall. It shows that Athina will be in Lyon also.

Hi, can I ask you where did you find the results for these two jumpings? I'm going mad checking everyplace but I dont' seem able to find anything! Thanks

I found them on two places: the Jump-Results.com website and the FFE (French equestrian federation) website! I hope that helps! :cool:

Last edited:
I know Valentine and Charlotte are not competing at the same level, but any sightings of them together?

I know Valentine and Charlotte are not competing at the same level, but any sightings of them together?

Apparently no. Moreover, the last Vogue party took place at hôtel Pozzo di Borgo (valentine's family rents it out for parties) but apparently valentine wasn't there.

I thought she trained at Espace Rozier. Is the new place in Fontainebleu? Has she switched trainers?

On the last pic it looks like she was about to fall off. Did she or was she able to hang on?

Apparently no. Moreover, the last Vogue party took place at hôtel Pozzo di Borgo (valentine's family rents it out for parties) but apparently valentine wasn't there.

I'll take my follow up question to the "Friends" thread....

Charlotte came in 48/53 with twelve faults at CSI 2* today. Her time was pretty good at about 35 seconds. Athina was in the same competition and didn't do a whole lot better. She came in at 34/53 with 6 faults but was much slower at 41 seconds. I have a feeling this was a very difficult course and most of the riders were above the 2* level. Marta Ortega Perez from Spain finished 24/40 at 140 cm with 4 faults. Tomorrow the lowest level at 2* is 145 cm. I don't know if Charlotte has ever jumped that high before. Hopefully they will make the courses a little easier. Will Charlotte attempt 145 cm? Stay tuned. I also noticed that Edouard de Rothschild is competing under the Isaeli flag in the 5* competition. Looks like he wants to go to the London Olympics. There is no way he could make the French team. They are way too deep. The competition is in Lyon.

I fail to understand what's doing at a 1.45m someone who still has trouble finishing a 1.20 parcours.
Maybe I'll have to eat my own words tomorrow, but it seems beyond absurd. As a thumb rule, a jumping rider doesn't move up until she can do the high she currently jumps with her eyes closed.

I thought she trained at Espace Rozier. Is the new place in Fontainebleu? Has she switched trainers?

The écurie atarson is in southern france from what I gather in google. She probably trains there when she is monaco?

Last edited by a moderator:
She did fine this summer at the 130 and 135 cm level. She had many places in the top 1/3 to 1/4. It's time to move up. To keeping learning who have to compete a little above your comfort zone but not so hard that you get discouraged. She is being advised by some of the top people in the jumping business.

Yes. But Charlotte's confort zone is still at 1.15
She has serious problems finishing a 1.30 with 0 faults, and from what I've seen on videos, when she has decent results it's because Saint Tintero saves her ass.
Normal people jump at 1.30 for years before venturing at higher levels.

Well, as I said, we'll see in a few hours. Maybe I'll be forced to eat up my own words! :)
But it wouldn't had been fair to say "I knew it!" after the competition.

Also, I am under the impression that by whom she's being advised is by a very very clever bon vivant, who liked to parade around the world with the jet-set, and fill up his pockets with Gucci money, but doesn't care or doesn't know how properly advise her.

Back
Top Bottom