The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-29-2012, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Posts about the International Jumping de Monte-Carlo have been moved to our extra thread!

Old 06-29-2012, 08:05 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the update Scooter. I'm glad to see she's riding again. Weird about the book.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

If junior riders are actually doing the things she put in the book, I fear for our sport....such as after hours smoking grass and taking out someone else's $million horse for a bare back 'puissance competition' and crippling said horse. There is not one aspect of that book that isnt awfull.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

If she's trying to promote the sport she's doing a bad job.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Not only is she damaging the sport, the book features a billionaire mayor's daughter who had very unpleasant things to say about her father. Daddy warbucks was not best pleased, in real life.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Serene Highness

Charlotte rode in the 1.45m today. I haven't seen her try that height before. She came in last and had 15 faults. Yesterday she tried 1.40m with the same number of faults. She's tried that height about 3 times. Not going to guess why.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I keep checking in from time to time to see how Charlotte is doing and don't really have much to contribute to this topic, but all I can say is that I feel sorry for her horses and hope that they're ridden in a safe manner.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

She really isn't progressing in the sport. Fortunately she has been lucky and not suffered a serious fall or injury. Her horses do much better when ridden by competent riders.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, naturally it's also a major issue that she could suffer a major injury or fall, especially if a horse balks if it feels its rider is incompetent or if she just can't handle her mounts. She has been fortunate so far.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlotte Casiraghi, More PYTs Who Ride Horses Spotlighted By Town & Country (PHOTOS)
Quote:
Town & Country has spotlighted these show-jumping, dressage-ing (it's a word, y'all) young women in the mag's August 2012 issue and we're actually stunned by how many there are. Charlotte Casiraghi, Monaco royal and Gucci campaign girl, headlines the group, which includes Zara Phillips (daughter of Princess Anne), Jessica Springsteen (daughter of Bruce), Jennifer Gates (daughter of Bill) and Georgina Bloomberg (daughter of Mayor Michael).
Old 07-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Serene Highness

They forgot Hannah Selleck, Tom's daughter and Athina Onassis.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Also, Annie Stark, daughter of Glen Close, The Von Heiddeger kids (Khiel's), and many Hedge fund offspring like Olivia Jack and Alexis Stein. How about the BET heiress Johnston, Alison Firestone, Howard Johnson's heiress Alexa Weeks Pessoa, etc. It's said that Bill Gates spent $1million on a WEF lease for the kid.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

It is quite possible that other ladies and their families prefer not to be mentioned. Some rich families are known to shun the media spotlight.

Beautiful, connected and winning over the equestrian world: Charlotte Casiraghi leads talented crop of socialite daughters riding at Olympic-level | Mail Online

Old 07-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

And about 18 years ago, we had Princess Martha Louise in our barn...

These days Al Bina, if they own or ride a horse in a sanctioned competition, there is no avoiding Phelps Media, Chronicle of the horse etc on line..
Old 07-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I see. I was not aware of this information.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Also, Annie Stark, daughter of Glen Close, The Von Heiddeger kids (Khiel's), and many Hedge fund offspring like Olivia Jack and Alexis Stein. How about the BET heiress Johnston, Alison Firestone, Howard Johnson's heiress Alexa Weeks Pessoa, etc. It's said that Bill Gates spent $1million on a WEF lease for the kid.
Well, the richest heiress of them all is Marta Ortega and she isn't mentioned either. I guess they are too many heiresses in the jumping world to mention all of them. They probably just picked a few of the most famous.

Anyway, imo the most jarring name in the list is Zara Phillips. She is a real pro and one of the best in the world. She is out of place among all those dilettante and socialites.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Serene Highness

Americans don't know who Marta Ortega is. I didn't see Bill Gates daughter ranked and I know Charlotte isn't. The others are good riders (Bloomberg, Springsteen, Onassis and Phillips) They shouldn't be downgraded just because they come from wealthy families. They are or were all ranked under 300. This was a puff piece giving the magazine the excuse to put Charlotte on the cover. This is the first time I have seen Charlotte on the cover of a US magazine. Charlotte, your days of being anonymous in the US are quickly coming to an end.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Well, the richest heiress of them all is Marta Ortega and she isn't mentioned either. I guess they are too many heiresses in the jumping world to mention all of them. They probably just picked a few of the most famous.

Anyway, imo the most jarring name in the list is Zara Phillips. She is a real pro and one of the best in the world. She is out of place among all those dilettante and socialites.
Alison Firestone is the real deal too. She's just had her kids one right after the other, so has been off the score board recently. Same is true for Judy Garafalo (dad is Metromedia Fiber Optic), pregnant at the moment.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Courtier

Is Charlotte representing Monaco in the Olympics?
Old 07-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
Is Charlotte representing Monaco in the Olympics?
Charlotte does not compete at the same level as Olympic equestrians so the only way she will be there is if she is in the stands watching.