The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep
You can see Charlotte riding live at the GCT website in just two hours. She is taking part in the medium amateur tour with Carry and Madison.
Hopefully she does well. She hasn't competed in over a month, so maybe she used the time to train. I'll be happy for her if she did.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Serene Highness

Thursday's results at 1.25/1/35m: On Madison d'olgy 24/43 with 7 faults and on Carry Duff Z 34/43 with 10 faults. The good news is no eliminations; the bad news, alot of faults.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco
Thursday's results at 1.25/1/35m: On Madison d'olgy 24/43 with 7 faults and on Carry Duff Z 34/43 with 10 faults. The good news is no eliminations; the bad news, alot of faults.
I'd be interested to see the videos, but my guess is same old, same old- she's not practicing, but competent people have ridden her horses for a month, so they're confident enough to take her through the course, just not with much style or precision.

If anyone sees a video and can correct or confirm
my assumption, I'd be interested to know :)
Old 06-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Courtier

You can watch her here:
Global Champions Tour

Although the hours are probably not very convenient for the americans members of the board I'm afraid.
Charlotte will be riding in one hour.

Watching the small tour live.
Surprised to see that Margarita Vargas (who apparently styles herself Margarita Vargas de Borbón when she is not in Spain where everybody would laugh at her. So snob and corny!) is a rider. I had no idea.

It's so embarrasing to watch this thing! What a sad show.
All those rich heiresses who can scarcely ride should stay at home, riding local competitions. They look ridiculous broadcasted live on such a high profil event.

I would gladly support it if the small tour was intended for young riders under 18 or something like that, but watching all those adult heiresses pretending to be international riders over 1'10 fences is just embarrassing...

Although I guess it is good for profesional riders and trainers. They probably sell them all sort of good and expensive horses no one in his right mind needs to buy to ride a 1'10, the heiresses are happy, and the trainers and riders who con them, get more money to buy the horses they need. :-)

Also, watching that absurd display Charlotte does not seem so utterly out of place...
Old 06-15-2012, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
It's so embarrasing! What a sad show.
All those rich heiresses who can scarcely ride should stay at home, riding local competitions. They look ridiculous broadcasted live on sucha a high profil event.

I would support it if the small tour was intended for young riders under 18 or something like that, but watching all those adult heiresses pretending to be international riders over 1'10 fences is just embarrassing...
You are probably right, but the point is tht THESE heiresses, even low level, have enough fame to attract, attention, people and sponsors!!

Did Charlotte already ride? I got just connected to the live coverage.

Quote:
Surprised to see that Margarita Vargas (who apparently styles herself Margarita Vargas de Borbón when she is not in Spain where everybody would laugh at her. So snob and corny!) is a rider. I had no idea.
This is her name! She wed Louis Alphonso de Bourbon. Where is the problem?
Old 06-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Did Charlotte already ride? I got just connected to the live coverage.
No, her competition is about to start. She will be riding in 5-10 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
This is her name! She wed Louis Alphonso de Bourbon. Where is the problem?
In Spain women NEVER take their husband names. Not just because it is humilating and chauvinist, it's not even legal to do so.
I know she is venezuelan and I don't know the law there, but her husband is a spaniard and they live here and she is only known as Margarita Vargas. The added "borbon" sounds ridiculous and snob.

Well, Charlotte still seems to be having problems with her riding position and hard hand. Her horse keeps fighting her and trying to get rid of her hand the whole time, but the performance was not bad. She more or less took all the jumps at a correct distance.

If her horse was more confortable with her she would do better, but all in all, she rode much better than in past shows.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
In Spain women NEVER take their husband names. Not just because it is humilating and chauvinist, it's not even legal to do so.
Marie Marguerite, Duchess of Anjou - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do not know, you might be right for Spain, but they do not live in Spain, they live in New York. Louis Alphonos has bot Spanish and French citizenships. And I think that there is a difference between legal and social use, especially in aristocratic levels.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Please let's concentrate on the topic of this thread again!

Here are pics from today, June 15:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Global Champion Tour 2012 In Cannes - Day 2 **

And an article about day 1:

** Hola: Carlota Casiraghi: 'glamour' a todo galope ** translation **
Old 06-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness

She looks lovely, as always. And I'd kill for her boots.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Serene Highness

Me too. But I want to raid her whole riding wardrobe. So chic.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Please let's concentrate on the topic of this thread again!

Here are pics from today, June 15:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Global Champion Tour 2012 In Cannes - Day 2 **

And an article about day 1:

** Hola: Carlota Casiraghi: 'glamour' a todo galope ** translation **
Is it just my impression or she apears crying agian in the last photos???
Old 06-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think she is crying. Just disappointed because she was eliminated again.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Courtier

I really can't muster up any sympathy for her anymore. I don't know much about horse jumping, but I know that with any sport/activity/trade, if you don't practice you're not going to excel. But I will say that, as always, equestrian gear fits her like a glove. It suits her so well.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Royal Highness

Yup. She really does look fantastic in her equestrian clothes- they suit her better than anything else and as just about everything suits her, that's really saying something.

Shame that her clothes don't impress the horses.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Is it just my impression or she apears crying agian in the last photos???
She's not crying but my thought is that she's ready to cry. While looking at pics of the second day, I noticed that she looked terrified again. She's afraid, her horse is afraid, it still doesn't work.

More pics: ISOPIX gallery - unseen pics of day 1 on WIRE IMAGE (calling Gad? it seems that Vanina Mandelli was there - beautiful profile) - PROFIMEDIA.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

An article from hellomagazine:

** Charlotte Casiraghi looking hot to trot in Global Champions competition **
Old 06-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
She's not crying but my thought is that she's ready to cry. While looking at pics of the second day, I noticed that she looked terrified again. She's afraid, her horse is afraid, it still doesn't work.

More pics: ISOPIX gallery - unseen pics of day 1 on WIRE IMAGE (calling Gad? it seems that Vanina Mandelli was there - beautiful profile) - PROFIMEDIA.

Oh my God... That ring on her hand... Could that mean anything other than just a ring???
Old 06-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Courtier

It could mean that Charlotte has a contract with Cartier! Look at the pics of the other day, she has another ring to this finger. And she also wears a ring on the other hand.

Pictures of Charlotte today in Cannes:
- Daylife gallery (still the same green bag: Gucci?) We can see that Charlotte is wearing another ring and that things are still going bad for her and her horse: both seem afraid of each other.
- Zimbio gallery
- Wire image: Alexandra was there.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Oh my God... That ring on her hand... Could that mean anything other than just a ring???
Calm down lazuli. It is just a ring . If you enlarge the resolution size of the ring picture you will see that it is a ring with two large stones. One is a diamond and the other is a green stone. The green stone is almost hidden by her fingers. Diamond is the birtstone for April, and Peridot is the stone for August. Gad was born in April. Charlotte was born in August.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte Casiraghi Photos - Global Champion Tour 2011 In Cannes - Day 3 - Zimbio

I find this pic a little unsettling, for lack of a better word. Her sadle and pad are basically flying in the air (due to her horse rolling her back, I'm sure) and her leg is way too high. Posture, posture, posture.