The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I'd also point out that there's nothing in her background that indicates she knows anything about running a production studio, and it's not the kind of job you just waltz into and do successfully. It takes specialized knowledge to be successful.

That's actually why all of her endeavors seem like rich girl toys- she's always wanting to start at the top. Not features writer, but editor and publisher of her own magazine. Not rider working hard to learn the sport, but "Olympic Hopeful" complete with endorsements, world travel, and more horses than she has time to work with. Not film student, but owner of her own production company.

She's going to keep failing if she doesn't learn that her money and her name aren't enough to make her successful at a high level.

Maybe I'm wrong and she's just missing this event. We'll see. I think she'll maybe ride a few more times, but she's shifting her focus to this new endeavor, and don't be shocked if she quits riding competitively altogether this year.
Your post made me think of Princess Stephanie's varied career choices. Instant top model/cover girl. First recorded song was a hit. Her own line of swimwear premiered in Monaco. A perfume named after her. I've forgotten what else. Each endeavour began at the top and then she stopped and started something else. Any one of those career choices would have been interesting but somehow not fulfilling for her.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
One less thing to b*tch about when it comes to Charlotte and some of her so-called "fans". They should be cheering, not lamenting, unless they liked constantly putting her down. Aiyee there's the rub.
I'm obviously not her fan. I'm nobody's fan. And I will never cheer for someone I've never met.

I used to LIKE her, because I found her stylish (I still do) and she seemed someone with a well furnished head, and on top of that she had the same passion I have.

Now, I seriously doubt about the contents of her head and her jumping career has been awfully disapointing (not because of her bad results but because of the way she has had handed it).

I never was so critical with her before she came back to show-jumping.
It all started when I realized the way she related with horses. If you want to see what's someone like, give her a horse, there is nothing that shows your real self as quick as that. As Charlotte herself said in an interview, you can't lie to a horse.

And I'm sorry, but no, I can't like anymore someone who unconciously hurts horses just to pump up her ego.

If she quits horse riding and stops breaking those wonderful horses and shattering their confidence , then I will probably like her back.

On the other hand, MAYBE, her absence from Valencia doesn't mean she surrenders.
Maybe, Gad (who seems like a clever guy), has told her something like: "Hey, Charlotte, I don't know anything about horses, but it's weird that you keep getting eliminated once and again. Are you sure your trainer is really helping you?"
And she's just dumped the Rozier crooks and is in the middle of the moving process to a real trainer!!

That would be wonderful :-))

Old 05-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte rode the 1* at Fontainebleau this week-end. With Madison she did-12/44 with no faults and won 15 euros and 29/52 with 4 faults (both at 1.20), with Costa 46/58 with 4 faults at 1.25m and 46/49 with 18 faults at 1.30, and with Troy 63/78 with 10 faults and elim. Both at 1.30m.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

So, she wasn't at Valencia because she was competing 1* at Fontainebleau. Perhaps she really is in the middle of a moving process
Old 05-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Charlotte rode the 1* at Fontainebleau this week-end. With Madison she did-12/44 with no faults and won 15 euros and 29/52 with 4 faults (both at 1.20), with Costa 46/58 with 4 faults at 1.25m and 46/49 with 18 faults at 1.30, and with Troy 63/78 with 10 faults and elim. Both at 1.30m.
That's good news! It seems much more sensible than travelling to Valencia

Well, she shouldn't be riding a 1.30 with her skills, yet, but it looks like a step in the right direction.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
Your post made me think of Princess Stephanie's varied career choices. Instant top model/cover girl. First recorded song was a hit. Her own line of swimwear premiered in Monaco. A perfume named after her. I've forgotten what else. Each endeavour began at the top and then she stopped and started something else. Any one of those career choices would have been interesting but somehow not fulfilling for her.
I was thinking about that too. Everything Stephanie picked up and did was a success, until she seemed to get bored and moved on. The first thing she did that Wasn't a success, her english-language album, and what did she do next but abandon her singing career and get pregnant, despite many previous claims she was in it for the long term. Let's hope Charlotte doesn't go that route, although it did seem to be the thing that was finally fulfilliing for Stephanie, as you point out.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
The difference with Stephanie is that all these so-called careers, and the initially successes were due only to her name. We never knew if she really designed, she was pretty for pictures but she never was able to work in a catwalk, and as far as her voice3 skills were involved..... catastrophy. She just borrowed her name to these activities, and thanks to her (at this moment) scandaleous life, she got success, but noone of these succes would last, because nothing was behind, no real work, no talent. And she was given up because she never really worked on these carreers, she was just walking around the world, changing boyfriends!
But Charlotte & the horses is based on real skills. Whoever you are, if you fail with horse you fail! Charlotte loves the horses, she has some skills, apparently not enough, but she keeps on because she does have some!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

Stephanie stopped singing because Stephano died just when her US album was being released and she went home to help Caroline. She didn't promote it at all over here.I bought the CD and I thought it was pretty good. She sold 8 million records in Europe. You don't sell that many just based on your name. Also a company like Sony wouldn't have signed her to a contract based on that alone.

Charlotte's problem is that she isn't practicing enough. You can't improve on 2-3 days a week; especially when you're learning. Jumping is all about timing.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Stephanie stopped singing because Stephano died just when her US album was being released and she went home to help Caroline. She didn't promote it at all over here.I bought the CD and I thought it was pretty good. She sold 8 million records in Europe. You don't sell that many just based on your name. Also a company like Sony wouldn't have signed her to a contract based on that alone.

Charlotte's problem is that she isn't practicing enough. You can't improve on 2-3 days a week; especially when you're learning. Jumping is all about timing.
Stephanie stopped because her singing carrer was over. After an album, you have to make other albums, and you have also to make many TV/radio appearances and also live concerts. It is more difficult to stay in the musical stage, that to start. But she was unable to! Inside the studio, she managed to sing, helped by machines, etc etc. But survive on stage.... this is another problem.... You need some talent, you need to move on stage (have seen her moving on stage? a drama) and you need nerves!! all these she hasn't.
As for Sony, of course they made a good deal, at this time, Stephanie was very "in" and this was selling. You can buy a first album by curiosity, but you do not buy the second... and you do not go to the concert!
As for Charlotte, you are right. But what I was saying is that for horse riding you need a basic talent, money and name are not enough if you are a zero rider.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

I don't believe in talent that much. It's just thousands of hours of hard work.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't believe in talent that much. It's just thousands of hours of hard work.
Hard work is very importante but nobody gets to the top on anything without an amazing talent.

Talent needs work to fructify, but hard work won't get you over the middle level if you lack talent.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Hard work is very importante but nobody gets to the top on anything without an amazing talent.

Talent needs work to fructify, but hard work won't get you over the middle level if you lack talent.
Perfectly said.

I would say talent is mandatory, but not sufficient! Hard work is needed also.
In Charlotte's case, she has surely some talent (not enought maybe) and she does not work hardly either.

It seems quite a lost case for high rank! It is normal. Spriders are thousands in this world, but only one gains the 100m in Olympic Games!!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

I have her second album too, and I enjoy it. But I thought they just pushed back the US promotion after Stefano died, to around when she was releasing her perfume. I remember an article in PEOPLE magazine about it, and I have a promo interview CD from a US radio show that she did to promote the album. It's very interesting.

In terms of total cumulative effort put into their various careers, Stephanie and Charlotte have both worked hard, but I think Stephanie comes out way ahead. Almost all the media coverage of Charlotte's riding career demonstrates that success gets defined in different ways when you're rich and famous. Both of them are far from an acute embarassment like that atrocious Paris Hilton tv show and album.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Courtier

Monaco jumping will take place on june, 27th, 28th and 29th. Charlotte is said to be still involved in the pro-am cup which will take place on the friday in the evening.
Monaco - News / L'actu / Site officiel de Monaco
Evénement spectacle, événement émotion [glimpses of Albert, Charlotte and Caroline during the video, on the home page]
Old 06-12-2012, 04:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Anything new going on with Charlotte? Did we miss any competitions?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
Monaco jumping will take place on june, 27th, 28th and 29th. Charlotte is said to be still involved in the pro-am cup which will take place on the friday in the evening.
Monaco - News / L'actu / Site officiel de Monaco
Evénement spectacle, événement émotion [glimpses of Albert, Charlotte and Caroline during the video, on the home page]
Τhanks for the info, dear! Just a small but unimportant correction. In the site jumping of monaco it is referred that the Jumping will take place on 28,29,30 Juin.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Courtier

^Thanks for having corrected my mistake!

Charlotte won't be at San Remo competition this year. (Source: CSI Internazionale e Gran Premio FEI Rolex, Sanremo nel circuito ippico internazionale nel week end - Riviera24.it)
Old 06-13-2012, 06:38 AM
Courtier

Here is a link to an interview of François Bourey, president of the Cannes jumping. He talks about the event and says at the end:
"The enter is free on the afternoon: it's the occasion to see non-professional riders as Athina Onassis or Charlotte Casiraghi."
I don't know if it is an announce or a try to attract people with this kind of information, but this jumping will take place from tomorrow to saturday in Cannes. So maybe we'll have new pics of Charlotte tomorrow!
Old 06-14-2012, 06:42 AM
Courtier

You can see Charlotte riding live at the GCT website in just two hours. She is taking part in the medium amateur tour with Carry and Madison.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Charlotte in Cannes - Day 1

Daylife gallery: Charlotte in Cannes for GCT jumping. Beatrice and Pierre were with her.

Edit: zimbio gallery (more pics).