The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I hate the hat he is constantly wearing! Is is not of his age.
Is it to appear younger because he dates a 15 y younger girl?

Old 04-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

People of all ages wear baseball caps in the US. He lived in Canada for awhile. They probably do the same. In fact, he dresses alot like an American. Baseball cap, hoodie, jeans and sneakers.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Baseball caps do not come with age limitations, they are worn from age 1 to age 100.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Maybe. But it's rare to see someone with a baseball cap in europe. The only people who wear them are usually 15 year old kids with rapper looks wanting to look dangerous or inmigrants from southamerica.
It's weird to see a 41 old man with a cap like that outside Eurodisney.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Maybe. But it's rare to see someone with a baseball cap in europe. The only people who wear them are usually 15 year old kids with rapper looks wanting to look dangerous or inmigrants from southamerica.
It's weird to see a 41 old man with a cap like that outside Eurodisney.
EXACTLY!!!

And is more weird that this guy is not in his garden on Sunday cleaning his car!
Old 04-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Courtier

Well, it's not weird in the states, so maybe he was just trying to blend in. Not that it worked, the paparazzi obviously saw him anyway.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Time to get back to the topic of this thread - thanks!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just as a point of reference, many equestrians wear a baseball cap after removing their helmet. After you have sweated under the helmet, until you get home to get a shower, the baseball cap is my friend. The same thing is true of football and hockey players. Helmet hair is not a good look.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Courtier

This week is taking place the Valencia GCT leg. Till now, Charlotte has always been there but the local press writes that her presense has not been confirmed yet:
La rica heredera Athina Onassis aporta el glamur a la cita de Oliva. Las Provincias

She still doesn't appear on the GCT list of riders and horses but it could very well be that only 1st rank (5 stars) riders appear on the list.

On the other hand this has been a difficult year for the Valencia GCT. The public instutions have retired their economic support to the event and it won't take place anymore in the magnificent setting of the Oceanic Museum in central Valencia.
The Valencia regional goverment has spent a lot of money unwisely these past years, and now in the mist of the economic crisis, they won't give money anymore to this kind of flashy and expensive things.

The competition has been transfered to a much more discreet location, an equestrian facility in the town of Oliva, 80 km from the town of Valencia.

Let's hope the invitational lower level competions will still take place and Charlotte will be there.

Edit: there will be a 2* jumping: http://www.oxersport.com/files/Sport...aa2012-V10.pdf
Still some chances to see Charlotte there.
The magazine has a pic of Charlotte I had not seen before. Page 10:
http://www.oxersport.com/files/revis...ncia_20120.pdf
Old 05-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Just as a point of reference, many equestrians wear a baseball cap after removing their helmet. After you have sweated under the helmet, until you get home to get a shower, the baseball cap is my friend. The same thing is true of football and hockey players. Helmet hair is not a good look.
GUILTY, too - totally agree!!!! It's not stylish, but it's functional......
Old 05-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Courtier

Bad news!
Ecuestre magazine has published the list of the 2 stars competition in Valencia and Charlotte is not in it!
Lista de participantes actualizada del CSI5* Gran Premio Espa˝a del Global Champions Tour | www.ecuestreonline.com

Let's hope there is a mistake or she's registered late or something (after al, she has direct contact with Tops) because her Valencia pics are always very nice :-((

Granted, her results weren't the best lately and she will maybe embarass herself riding the 1'25, but they also are a few 1'15 competitions she could take part in. At that height she can more or less manage herself.

Actually, before moving to 1'20, the wise step would had been to start at 1'10 and not move up until she had good results at that height...

Let's hope it's all a mistake and she's there tomorrow!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Courtier

It doesn't surprise me. I'm disapointed because I hoped some pics, but I expected that she wouldn't compete. It seems that she is now giving her time to something else: Gad, Cartier, Gucci campaign... She may have enter into a new phase in her life. It approves our theory of Charlotte adapting her life to her men. Now she enjoys her new relationship between New York and Paris. Maybe in a few time she'll be back? But for the moment it seems obvious that horse competitions and CGT are not her priority.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Royal Highness

Yea, I had a feeling we'd see her riding less and less this year. She's got to be tired of constantly failing in competition.

I predict she's in the process of gradually quitting the sport.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Courtier

I guess the creation of that production house is a clear step in that direction. She is obviously moving into the world of her new boyfriend...
Such a shame :-( But she never showed the will to take her jumping career seriously.

Still, let's hope she still shows up tomorrow. Maybe she's asked for her name not to be on the public lists to keep some privazzi and fool the paparazzi at least for one day !
Old 05-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Yea, I had a feeling we'd see her riding less and less this year. She's got to be tired of constantly failing in competition.

I predict she's in the process of gradually quitting the sport.
Probably a good idea, with her "talent" she was bound to hurt herself one of these days.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Courtier

Well, Valencia has started and Charlotte is definitely not there :-(

(fun fact: the winner of 1st competition is a certain Eugenio Grimaldi, from Italy)

It kind of makes me lose a lot of interest in her...
I mean, I always had the suspiction that she was a bluff, a void socialite posing as something else.
But her coming back to the horse world made me think twice, because riding regularly implies passion and dedication and love, even at an amateur level or as a secondary activity.

But apparently she just wanted to be the best at something, whatever it is, without working for it or learning the basis, magically, because she has a famous name and she must think she deserves it.
It looks like the same thing that happened with her studies. Either she wanted to go to the ENS, easily and breezily or nothing else, she can't walk the path of common mortals.

Failed grande Úcole philosopher, failed olympic rider, failed journalist at a top journal...
I guess she will try now to win the Oscar with her first amateurish production with Swoon...
Old 05-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Serene Highness

There are 13 events this year. Four more than last year. Charlotte has never gone to all of the events. Maybe she is going to some of the new events and skipping Spain. She skipped Rio last year. Spain is farther away than some of the other events. Let's wait and see. I don't consider not getting into ENS a failure. Only a tiny percentage are accepted. Most people don't even try. She has 2 magazines, is starting a production company and has gigs with Gucci and Cartier. She is doing much better than most 25 year olds and most royals. Only Zara Phillips has accomplished more and it doesn't look like she is going to make the British Olympic team. I hope she does, but it's a long shot.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
There are 13 events this year. Four more than last year. Charlotte has never gone to all of the events. Maybe she is going to some of the new events and skipping Spain. She skipped Rio last year. Spain is farther away than some of the other events. Let's wait and see. I don't consider not getting into ENS a failure. Only a tiny percentage are accepted. Most people don't even try. She has 2 magazines, is starting a production company and has gigs with Gucci and Cartier. She is doing much better than most 25 year olds and most royals. Only Zara Phillips has accomplished more and it doesn't look like she is going to make the British Olympic team. I hope she does, but it's a long shot.

I don't consider her not getting into the ENS a failure. Getting into the ENS is really difficult.
I consider her academic career a failure because she gave up completely her studies, not because she didn't get into the ENS.

Her 2 magazines are no more than a rich girl expensive toy. If she hadn't her name and beautiful face and name behind them they would get zero circulation and relevance. It's the kind of project you can do with a group of friends in your highschool, only with money and famous friends who talk about it.

And yes, she has gigs with Gucci and Cartier. She smiles, she poses for a pic and she gets money, meaning she is one more socialite in the map.

I'm sorry but I don't think that Charlotte has accomplished more than most girls her own age. She's 26 this summer, 30 is behind the corner and she's done nothing but posing with expensive clothes.
She wasn't even able to graduate from the university.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

I'd also point out that there's nothing in her background that indicates she knows anything about running a production studio, and it's not the kind of job you just waltz into and do successfully. It takes specialized knowledge to be successful.

That's actually why all of her endeavors seem like rich girl toys- she's always wanting to start at the top. Not features writer, but editor and publisher of her own magazine. Not rider working hard to learn the sport, but "Olympic Hopeful" complete with endorsements, world travel, and more horses than she has time to work with. Not film student, but owner of her own production company.

She's going to keep failing if she doesn't learn that her money and her name aren't enough to make her successful at a high level.

Maybe I'm wrong and she's just missing this event. We'll see. I think she'll maybe ride a few more times, but she's shifting her focus to this new endeavor, and don't be shocked if she quits riding competitively altogether this year.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Courtier

One less thing to b*tch about when it comes to Charlotte and some of her so-called "fans". They should be cheering, not lamenting, unless they liked constantly putting her down. Aiyee there's the rub.

Anyhow, if it be so that Charlotte's no longer involved in equestrian events, I could care less because I never did like the sport. Even Charlotte couldn't keep my interest.

That said, I don't think we've seen the last of Charlotte and the equestrian world, as she just signed on with Gucci again, and I think that deal goes hand & hand with horses, et al. More's the pity.

On the (+) side, what a great opportunity for those that follow her religiously to take a break and concentrate on one's own life. And one's own equestrian skills, if that's your thing.