The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1681  
Old 03-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,360
I think Charlotte just didn't have any time to practice this week because of the Gucci announcement. Thierry has been riding several of her horses and doing well in the 2* category. Does she have a new horse? I wonder why. She already has 7 horses.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1682  
Old 03-11-2012, 10:46 AM
LovelyKate's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ...., France
Posts: 599
I think that the only chance we have to see Charlotte in London is if she comes to give medals to winners. And I don't event know if she would be asked to do this: the BRF has so much people able to do that, I'm quite sure that as the equestrian competition is concerned it is the Royal Princess who will do this. So no, actually we have no chance to see her in London. And do we know if she wants it? It's only a rumour. When I saw the pics of her last competition I really think that she wouldn't feel like going to the O.G.
__________________

__________________
My galleries about Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Charlotte Casiraghi : april - june 2011, june 2011 - ... .
Reply With Quote
  #1683  
Old 03-11-2012, 01:36 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,292
I think that you have to be member of the IOC to give medals. Or to be an official of the organizing country. Charlotte does not belong to any of the 2 categories.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1684  
Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 27,188
___________________


Pierre has accompanied Charlotte to a training again, here are some pics from yesterday, March 11, taken in Nice:



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #1685  
Old 03-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 558
It's cute to see them hanging out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1686  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Thanks, iceflower.
Only, the pics are not from a training but from the 2nd weekend of the Nice jumping.

Yesterday, Charlotte results were even more distrastrous than last week.

Friday she rode two horses, Costa Virgio in the 1.20 and Rubins in 1.30 and she abandoned mid-course with them (meaning that she stopped the horses and decided not to complete the parcours, because she was taking too many points or had difficulties controlling them).
http://www.horse-timing.com/web/Chro..._nice12_w2.pdf
http://www.horse-timing.com/web/Chro..._nice12_w2.pdf

Saturday, she was eliminate again with Troy in the 1.30
http://www.horse-timing.com/web/Chro..._nice12_w2.pdf

and she abandoned again mid-parcours with Costa Virgio in the 1.20 (which is kind of surprising because usually when she rides a new horse who's been prepared by someone else she always gets good results until the horse gets tired of her).
http://www.horse-timing.com/web/Chro..._nice12_w2.pdf

Thierry rode Madison in the 1.25 and came in 3rd with 0 points.

Sunday, she was eliminated twice in the 1.25, with Troy and Rubins
http://www.horse-timing.com/web/Chro..._nice12_w2.pdf

and she didn't even attempt to ride Costa Virgio
http://www.horse-timing.com/web/Chro..._nice12_w2.pdf


Frankly, this is beyond ridiculous.
She wasn't able to finish a single course. I don't know how she even finds the courage to keep appearing in CSI competitions without dying of embarrasement.

She must do something quick because I'm sure that she's become a big joke around the CSI circuit.

Quit Thierry and learn to ride, girl!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1687  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,360
We knew she wouldn't do well this week-end because she was in Paris all week doing her Gucci thing. Maybe she is just looking at this week-end as practice.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1688  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,260
Its a good thing she is rich and has her own horses, because based on her results/talent no one else would hire her to ride their horses in competition.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1689  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
We knew she wouldn't do well this week-end because she was in Paris all week doing her Gucci thing. Maybe she is just looking at this week-end as practice.
That's no excuse. In this kind of competition the riders always make their horses rest between the 2 weekends of competition.
To make them jump between two 3 days competions would be abusive.

So, even if Charlotte had stayed in Nice she probably wouldn't have jumped her horses those 3 days she spent in Paris.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1690  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,360
Gucci is paying her to ride. That may be one of the reasons she is riding even though she isn't doing well. It's advertising for Gucci. Gucci and the GCT don't care how well she rides. They just want the publicity. Same for the Nice competition. The top riders can't pull in the free publicity that Charlotte can. They may have had Pierre show up for the same reason.

I see your point TrepStep. Not riding regularly does affect Charlotte. She has said so herself. She has cut way back on the competitions she is riding. I think she rides now mainly to help publicize events.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1691  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Gucci is paying her to ride. That may be one of the reasons she is riding even though she isn't doing well. It's advertising for Gucci. Gucci and the GCT don't care how well she rides. They just want the publicity. Same for the Nice competition. The top riders can't pull in the free publicity that Charlotte can. They may have had Pierre show up for the same reason.
Must be rather embaressing for her. To know you are only at an event to look good in clothes, but that as a rider you are on your way to becoming sort of a joke (rather like Eddie The Eagle was in ski jumping) in your sport due your lack of ability to deliver results or even show signs of improvement.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1692  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,360
Maybe she is taking one for the team.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1693  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
I don't think money is the reason she keeps riding. Yuo you can't ride just because you are payed to do it...

It's a dangerous sport and it requires a lot of calm and confidence in yourself. It's not something you can do with half your heart. Either you are 100% with your horse of you don't do it.

I'm convinced that she genuinely loves the sport.
She's never had a good technique but a couple of years ago she was full of hopes and big dreams, and she trusted herself and her new horses trusted her and everything was new...

It just looks as if she's lost faith. She's broken several good horses, her results don't improve, she's probably realized that her wild dreams of are not going to be, her horses don't trust her...
In short , she is learning that becoming a top rider wasn't a given just because she had money and contacts.

I'm really expectant to see what her next move will be. I mean, she can't go on like this much longer! It will be interesting to see what kind of decission she makes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1694  
Old 03-12-2012, 01:41 PM
LovelyKate's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ...., France
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Gucci is paying her to ride. That may be one of the reasons she is riding even though she isn't doing well. It's advertising for Gucci. Gucci and the GCT don't care how well she rides. They just want the publicity.
But it's a bad publicity. I don't understand the strategy in paying a very bad rider to promote your brand. I understand why Gucci chose Edwina Alexander, but not Charlotte. I know that she's beautiful, famous, etc, we already talked about that. It can interest Gucci but GCT? She never wins anything, she is always eliminated, I know that people on the GCT laugh at her (and in the whole equestrian world it is the same) so what does she promote?
In this post I don't want to create a new debate, I just ask an explaination, because I really don't understand the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
I'm really expectant to see what her next move will be. I mean, she can't go on like this much longer! It will be interesting to see what kind of decission she makes.
I think that we have been saying this for a little while now, but we saw nothing happening. I'm like you: I hope and I hope, but I think that nothing is going to happen. I'm convinced that she'll go on like this until the moment she'll stop, which is a pity because she seems to love horse riding.


However, I think that Charlotte is really stunning on these pics of Nice jumping! This shape of sunglasses suits her very well.
__________________
My galleries about Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Charlotte Casiraghi : april - june 2011, june 2011 - ... .
Reply With Quote
  #1695  
Old 03-12-2012, 03:35 PM
marine2109's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 1,799
Quote:
Prince Pierre Casiraghi and sister Charlotte Casiraghi attending a showjumping competition in Nice
Nice, France - 09.03.12
WENN Photo Library - Search Results
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1696  
Old 03-12-2012, 04:13 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,292
It is so nice that Pierre came to support her! And i noticed he wears suit, apparently he comes from work.
As regards Gucci paying a bad rider, yes but this bad rider is beautiful, an IT girl, daughter and grandaughter of two icons! I think that this is stronger for Gucci than to gain races! Of course they would prefer her gaining but we can not have all! Charlotte has an unique combination of all! There is nobody else in the word! Princess Haya, Infanta Elena and Zara Philips have similar profiles, but thy are by far much less beautiful!
Do not forget Anna Kournikova. She gained millions in modelling... and never won a match!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1697  
Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 27,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Thanks, iceflower.
Only, the pics are not from a training but from the 2nd weekend of the Nice jumping.

Thank you for correcting that, trepstep! The Italian caption wasn't that abundant with information, so I've made a training out if it
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #1698  
Old 03-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
It is so nice that Pierre came to support her! And i noticed he wears suit, apparently he comes from work.
As regards Gucci paying a bad rider, yes but this bad rider is beautiful, an IT girl, daughter and grandaughter of two icons! I think that this is stronger for Gucci than to gain races! Of course they would prefer her gaining but we can not have all! Charlotte has an unique combination of all! There is nobody else in the word! Princess Haya, Infanta Elena and Zara Philips have similar profiles, but thy are by far much less beautiful!
Do not forget Anna Kournikova. She gained millions in modelling... and never won a match!
I get the Anna Kournikova reference but she at least made it to #8 in the World rankings in womens singles and twice won the Australian Open Doubles championship so she did have a bit more going for herself than her beauty in terms of sporting success.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1699  
Old 03-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Gucci would like it better if Charlotte was a champion, certainly, but I don't think they care much about it.
As FanofMonaco says they are paying for a pretty face, the names of a mother and grandmother and the glamour factor of Monaco. The equestrian thing is a fortunate coincidence but not their main interest in Charlotte.

Also, the general public buys the idea of Charlotte the talented equestrian sold by the glossy magazines (because the magazines themselves have no idea and they think that Charlotte is a good rider) so, it doesn't matter that it is all a fiction and she is actually just a low level amateur rider.

In any case I don't think that they are the reason why she rides. I believe that she sincerely wants to be a rider independently of her Gucci contract.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1700  
Old 03-12-2012, 06:03 PM
sheikah deena's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 1,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
___________________


Pierre has accompanied Charlotte to a training again, here are some pics from yesterday, March 11, taken in Nice:



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **
Nice Pictures , Princess Charlotte She Looks Nice I always Like Her in Equestrian Outfit Looks Very Suitable On Her , Prince Pierre Looks Nice Too Thanx iceflower
__________________

__________________
Respect people who find time for you in their busy schedule. But love people who never look at their schedule when you need them.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life agisele Princess Caroline and Family 862 12-25-2011 03:33 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2005 - July 2010 carlota Archives 394 07-23-2010 02:23 AM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion genealogy germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]