The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Courtier

I haven't been following Charlotte's equestrian career because I don't idolize her nor any royalty, but I do peep in every now & then to see how she's getting along.

And on that note I felt so sorry for her in that one picture where she seems scared after falling off her horse, and she should be, as accidents happen all the time, even near fatal ones where the person ends up paralyzed (aka Christopher Reeve) or scarred for life. No doubt there are persons out there that wish this upon her, or the very least to have her looks ruined. I'm not one of them, I only wish her well, always have.

Hmm, though I do wonder how long she will ride on the amateur circuit versus just riding for pleasure. She's 25, and now has signed on with Gucci for another 2 years. Methinks after that she will finally settle down and have kids (definitely before age 30; my bets on 28 or sooner if she finds "the one").

Old 03-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

No doubt there are persons out there that wish this upon her, or the very least to have her looks ruined.
Frankly, I don't think that anyone is wishing anything of the kind. You must really hate someone to wish something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Hmm, though I do wonder how long she will ride on the amateur circuit versus just riding for pleasure. She's 25, and now has signed on with Gucci for another 2 years. Methinks after that she will finally settle down and have kids (definitely before age 30; my bets on 28 or sooner if she finds "the one").
Wow, that's sexist! Would you ever write the same thing if she was a boy? Why should a woman settled down, quit her pasion and stay at home rising kids like a breeding cow?
I sincerely hope she never does that.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Administrator

If members are interested in a general equestrian thread (as we get closer to the 2012 Summer Olympics there will be a thread open for that as well), you are welcome to do so in the Members Corner Forum.

Unfortunately, we can't keep talking about other riders other than Charlotte (unless she is competing against them of course) in this thread. As you know, that is off topic.

Oh, and for the record, Foolishness in the threads will NOT be tolerated. I think we all know what I am talking about.

Questions and/or concerns should be addressed to memebrs of the TRF moderation team via Private Message NOT in the threads.

Thank you!

Zonk

Old 03-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if Charlotte will be back in Nice this week-end riding in week 2. She obviously didn't have a chance to practice this week. But that hasn't stopped her before.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Commoner

congratulations dear you're a very special person, (in fact), you do anything to please the users on this forum, I also think we should make a special thread on the London Olympics,or a equestrian thread because Charlotte Casiraghis are going to represented the monaco country, like the coach of her tells. And of course we have in here 2 or 3 specialits of showjumping amateur riders who teach like a prof. riders with a lot of medals in house; who may well ... take some doubts here to the rest of the ignorants.you're a person so serious, so independent, so impartial in your decisions, I'm like the other MEMBERS of this forum, do a bow, and give him the applause, deserved, for his enormous effort, you makes every day hard, to keep the forum in levels of education, seriousness, and above all ... respect for the truth writing, which is often so cowardly deleted, or hidden in this world.A big applause from the forum to you.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
I'm sorry but the only way Charlotte is going to be at the London Olympic Equestrian events will be as a member of the audiance. Her skill level in no where near the level of an Olympic competitor.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
If members are interested in a general equestrian thread (as we get closer to the 2012 Summer Olympics there will be a thread open for that as well), you are welcome to do so in the Members Corner Forum.
I took the liberty of starting one. It's here, for anyone who's interested: Equestrian Sports Discussion

Looking forward to good discussions there, as well as continuing to observe Charlotte's career in this thread.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
^^^^
I'm sorry but the only way Charlotte is going to be at the London Olympic Equestrian events will be as a member of the audiance. Her skill level in no where near the level of an Olympic competitor.
At the last Olympics, the there was a rider from one of the arab countries, who literally knocked down every single jump in the ring in the warm up class. He had clearly never jumped that height. As to whether she could represent Monaco at the London Games, I believe that Monaco has the right to send 2 riders to the games.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

No I dont believe so, riders have to qualify within geographic regions. Monaco falls within Western Europe which is a very competitive region. Riders have to earn points through competition. Monaco does not have a riding team and only 3 riders from all of Western Europe can qualify as individuals. Charlotte has no where near the necessary points to qualify for Olympic competition and certainly does not compete at the highest level now. She will be consigned to the viewing stands if she goes to London.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

I think London has restricted the size of entries for equestrian due to space constrants. I think the number of entries may vary by Olympics. Charlotte has zero points so far and is riding at the lowest level. She is actually going backwards in riding skills. I think she has too much going on and just doesn't have the time to train right now. Thierry said she wasn't going to London but would try for Rio. Charlotte changed that to the more vague ,someday I would like to go.(paraphrasing)
Old 03-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Courtier

Hi, it is quite pedantic to quote oneself, but FanofMonaco and me had a brief discussion a few days ago about whether or not Charlotte would be going to the Olympics and I am tooooo lazy to write something new

Charlotte is not going to London (the classification list is closed), which is fortunate because she would have killed herself and her horse attempting a 1.60 parcours (also she doesn't own a horse who can ride that high)
She never really had a chance to go and if the rules don't change she will never have.

Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

I think that it is a very good thing that the rules for qualification in eventing and showjumping are very strict. You can go to the swimming competition if you can scarcely swim, or to the tennis one if you don't hit a ball. Only your pride will be hurt. But eventing and showjumping are dangerous sports. An unskilled rider jumping an olympic course could kill himself and his horse.

Sorry about the "auto-quoting"!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh god, I just got a picture of Charlotte entering the Olympics just because Monaco's a small country and there's not much competition... and immediately pictured the Jamaican bobsled team. I'm pretty sure it would be something like that, only without the underdog charm and spirit.

Thank goodness for safety rules indeed!
Old 03-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Oh god, I just got a picture of Charlotte entering the Olympics just because Monaco's a small country and there's not much competition... and immediately pictured the Jamaican bobsled team. I'm pretty sure it would be something like that, only without the underdog charm and spirit.

Thank goodness for safety rules indeed!
Was Albert not on the Olympic Bobsled team?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Serene Highness

So from what i understood, Charlotte is going to be in the Olympics of 2012?
It'll be quite interesting watching that!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert went at the OG, and if im not wrong he was holding the flag! Mayce Charlotte does the same this summer?
Prince of Asturias also did so, i do not remember at which sport he was compeeting.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
So from what i understood, Charlotte is going to be in the Olympics of 2012?
It'll be quite interesting watching that!
NO, she will not be going. I think you need to read the prior posts.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Prince Albert went at the OG, and if im not wrong he was holding the flag! Mayce Charlotte does the same this summer?
Prince of Asturias also did so, i do not remember at which sport he was compeeting.
No there's no chance of her going. I was making a joke.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Courtier

I don't know what's happening in Nice, but something is wrong. Charlotte rode 2 horses yesterday, Costa Virgio and Rubins and she abandoned mid-parcours woth both of them. She was also scheduled to run with Troy but they didn't even start.
Today, Thierry has been riding the CSI with Madison.

About the Olympics,.
It may sound hard and difficult to believe because Thierry has been misinforming the press, but...

NO, Charlotte is not going to London. The lists are closed, she is not in them and she was never even close to entering them.

The real facts are that she is a low level rider and she can't ever complete a easy amateur parcours with a pro horse trained to jump much higher.
She never had a chance to go to the London Olympics, she won't go to Rio and unless a huge miracle happens she will never go to any other future Olympics.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post

The real facts are that she is a low level rider and she can't ever complete a easy amateur parcours with a pro horse trained to jump much higher.
She never had a chance to go to the London Olympics, she won't go to Rio and unless a huge miracle happens she will never go to any other future Olympics.
If she trains harder, does better & gets the points required she can go to the 2016 games. Its not easy to get to the top level to qualify but she needs to get X amount of points which adds up from different competitions to qualify for the Olympics.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling

If she trains harder, does better & gets the points required she can go to the 2016 games. Its not easy to get to the top level to qualify but she needs to get X amount of points which adds up from different competitions to qualify for the Olympics.
It also takes years to develop the riding skills you need to compete at the Olympic level and you have to be very dedicated. The chances of her going to the Olympics ever are slim.