The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Oh, GAD. I don't even understand what you're talking about! What's all that alien gibberish about?
Bonne soirée, dear friend;

If you dont understand ... thats because you admit ... you dont understand nothing about ShowJumping.

About the trot problem, well ... my smile speaks for himself.

I assume that you must do the entire parcour at gallop, if sooo ... well you most be the world guinness book of record in ShowJumping, OR your horses die of exhaustion, before you complet the parcour or the event...

But we live and learn, & learn and live.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the rules TrepStep. That was very interesting but very confusing. It said the Olympic rankings will come out on March 1. It showed Monaco in Southern Europe but there were still about 4 very strong countries in that group. It does sound harder than I thought. What was Thierry Rozier talking about then? If Charlotte did have to qualify based on the rankings it will be difficult for her. That makes Rozier look like an idiot. At least showjumping is something you can take decades to learn, unlike most sports where you are finished at 30.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Oh, God I don't even understand what you're talking about! What's all that alien gibberish about?

You're funnier and funnier!

But, just FYI, horses NEVER trot in showjumping competitions.
LOL, I find the ignore function works wonderfully in cases like this.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Thanks for the rules TrepStep. That was very interesting but very confusing. It said the Olympic rankings will come out on March 1. It showed Monaco in Southern Europe but there were still about 4 very strong countries in that group. It does sound harder than I thought. What was Thierry Rozier talking about then? If Charlotte did have to qualify based on the rankings it will be difficult for her. That makes Rozier look like an idiot. At least showjumping is something you can take decades to learn, unlike most sports where you are finished at 30.
Exactly. That's one of the reasons I don't like Rozier at all. I don't know who he's trying to fool, Charlotte or the press but in either case he is not honest.

If you read the qualification rules (they are long anb boring so, I don't know if you read all of it) you will see that Monaco does not compete only against southern europe, since riders in geographical groups A and B are in the same qualification group and compete against each other, and so Monaco is not only against the stronger equestrian countries in europe (uk, france, germany, netherlands, belgium) but also against countries like ireland, portugal, spain, italy, all the scandinavian countries, switzeland), countries from both northern and southern western europe!

I really don't think how she will ever manage to qualify and I can't understand how she can believe Thierry if she believes him, or if she doesn't how does she allow him to say such a thing in public.
I would be terribly embarrased because you can fool the general public who reads fashion magazines but you can't fool your fellow riders.

With Athina, on the other hand, I made a big mistake! I don't know why I was asuming all the time that she was in the western european group.

It's still difficult for her because if I remember correctly there is only 1 slot for all those countries and currently it's Katharina Offel from Ukranie who's got it.
She has no chance to be qualified for london because if I counted right there are something like 15 people from group C with more points than her, but since this is only her first year doing 5* she probably has a good chance to go to the olympics in the future.

As you said, that's the good thing about this sport, careers are very very long!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
LOL, I find the ignore function works wonderfully in cases like this.
Yes its very LOL the mask of them fell to the ground, ignore to disguise the bad moon, they dont understand nothing from show jumping, and the rozier are stupids idiots, like they (above) said - thats way they (roziers) win races - LOL. ah ah aah ahh

The other said: What's all that alien gibberish about ?

weel ... the expresions like oxers, verticals, triple bars, steps distances, horse dunked out, left leg, full trot, right leg, medium trot speed, are common among equestrian facilities - if they dont know, or dont what to know thast because they dont understand nothing from show jumping, they can not find this in the google search engine ... ah ah aah ... because is soo tecnical.
out of the jokers: the expressions (first leg open sequence), means the eternal technique quarrel between the past and the avant-garde in the case of teaching the stick or the guide, as they say here in spain. Just people inside the horse activity know this terms. i repeat again they can not find this in the google search engine ... LOL ... because is so tecnical thast way they can not answer LOL ...

they dont understand nothing from show jumping. Sorry to by so honest.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

She is apparently taking a break from her heavy training schedule to attend a polo match in Dubai
Old 02-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
She is apparently taking a break from her heavy training schedule to attend a polo match in Dubai
Yea, she's not going to be improving her riding any time soon.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness

Sounds like also March 6 she is officially a supermodel with Gucci. I think we have established that she is now pursuing riding as a hobby.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco
Sounds like also March 6 she is officially a supermodel with Gucci. I think we have established that she is now pursuing riding as a hobby.
I have a feeling she'll ride less often this year and then quietly quit. She never does well and more often than not, she looks terrified. I think she's moved on or is getting ready to.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Courtier

^ I'm curious to see what she'll do as a model for Gucci. I wasn't very convinced by her pics for Vogue. One more time she starts a new "job" by the upper way: pics for Vogue, campaign for Gucci... I won't say she's a supermodel. Gisele B., Daria W. etc are supermodels, they proved it. Charlotte only begins in this way: she's pretty, but posing is a real job!
I agree with the theory of Charlotte slowly giving up horse riding. I hope she'll only stop high competition and keep on riding for her pleasure, that's a nice hobby.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Serene Highness

A supermodel is someone who gets paid millions of dollars. I am guessing that is Charlotte's case. She has the face for it. As for Vogue, Danielle Alt seemed pretty pleased with the job Charlotte did.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Courtier

Of course, she hoped that with Charlotte on the cover she'll earn a lot of money. But I personnally thought that Charlotte lacked of presence, and that very few pics in the whole shooting were empty of life. If she got millions of dollars for this, it's a bad employed money.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
A supermodel is someone who gets paid millions of dollars. I am guessing that is Charlotte's case. She has the face for it. As for Vogue, Danielle Alt seemed pretty pleased with the job Charlotte did.
She may have the face, although I find her a bit too pouty, but she definitely hasn`t the body or the height of a true model.She was definitely paid for her name not her talent in front of the camera or her success as an equestrian.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepemiranda View Post
Yes its very LOL the mask of them fell to the ground, ignore to disguise the bad moon, they dont understand nothing from show jumping, and the rozier are stupids idiots, like they (above) said - thats way they (roziers) win races - LOL. ah ah aah ahh

they dont understand nothing from show jumping. Sorry to by so honest.
Hello,

Let's forget the technique ShowJumping question stuf for a moment to the expert personnel ...

Let´s stay focused in the best player in town ...CHAR.

Locks like CHAR. dont have any luck with horses, they ALWAYS looking it suspiciously, and suspicious to her (notice the look of the winning horse in this competition) maybe one day she can find a horse that trusts her enough, and the two in harmony reach the objectives ... the victory.

Dont ask me any technical stuf from polo, because I´m a total ignorant in that sport.

(By the way the idiots [Rozier family] win again another competion yesterday in Göteborg at 5* CSI-World FEI event)

Do not forget one important detail in our lives ... learn & live, and live & learning.

Have a nice Jumps & CRASH Ltd.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:59 AM
Courtier

I don't think that she is going to try to be a model! She is going to be the image of the campaign, which is very different.
Many celebrities who don't have the presence, body or age to be models are image of different luxury brands, like Madonna, Sharon Stone, Keira Knightley, Scarlett Johansson... I believe that she will be more like an special guest than a pro.
Still, weird occupation for someone who wants to be taken so seriously and doesn't consider herself a void socialite...

I don't know what you think but imo is really a shame the way charlotte "careers" have been spiralling down. The girl is not silly, and she has so many real interests and seemed passionated about so many different things: horses, philosophy, press, sustainability...

And after so much trying and talking it looks like it's just going to be... pretty face handing trophies :-(
Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with TrepStep about the image and not a true model. Magazines don't pay much. It's all about the public exposure that one gets. But companies like Gucci and Cartier wouldn't hire her if their sales didn't increase. And if she weren't handing out trophies, riding or being on magazines I wouldn't know any of these events happened. She is a good promoter. You might not consider it a job but it is.

Has anyone seen anything about the Nice competition next week? There doesn't seem to be anything on the internet.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Courtier

Web site:

NICE SPRING TOUR

But she doesn't seem to be engaged:
http://www.ffecompet.com/concours/20...7563e4570e981d

I guess she only travels when there is a CSI5*...

Maybe we'll see her among the public at the Grand Palais in a couple of weeks, Edwina and Athina are riding there:
http://www.sauthermes.org/
Old 02-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte didn't go to the Hermes event last year.They are the rivals of the Gucci owner-Selma Hyak's husband.

The Nice facility looks new and Dianne Fissore, from Monaco is involved. Maybe that is where that Gucci money is going. I thought maybe she was training at Vidauban this spring, but maybe not.

Both Roziers will be there and Thierry is riding Troy and Madison D'Olgy. That means Thierry is still her coach. I was hoping that she had changed and moved away from Fontainebleu. That also explains why she was MIA. The paps usually don't bother her there.Her riding is doomed. She is too loyal.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Courtier

It's really weird that she is not going to Nice.
Monaco is involved, Thierry is there...
Unless she has some really important event scheduled for this weekend I really don't understand it.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieantoinette85 View Post
Excuse me ... PLEASE ... is any one here who realy understand about ShowJumping, with FEI.org rules ?????

I´m not wrote you are all naive ... but ... you are ALL confuse, FEI.org, with GCT, Olympics, and national events, and worse them that the privat events of ShowJumpings, are starting to appear here, and there.

PLEASE, wait for my response.
As I have competed as a show jumper in the high amateur/grand prix ranks for 25 years in the US and Canada, and have been trained all that time by someone who has 2 olympic medals and a world championship (Leslie Burr Howard), I think I have a fair grasp of the subject. What division do you compete in Marie Antoinette, that makes you such an expert?....I await your response.