The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
I agree TrepStep. That is a hobby, not a career. At least she is being more honest now. But why have 7 horses for a hobby? She would be better off riding 1 or 2 horses 5 times a week than 5 or 7, 2 days a week. Timing is everything in sport.You can't develop a rhythm practising 2 days a week.
Exactly. It's ridiculous to have a string of seven horses (which is what a professional would need) when she's only riding two or three times a week. It also explains why she never bonds with her horses and why they aren't comfortable with her and distrust her. She never works to get to them and their individual personalities- she can't if she's riding that many horses and riding so little.

Plus, the cost on all those horses is staggering- not just purchase price, but all of their show fees, training, boarding, etc. She's spending an absurd amount of money very frivolously. Granted, it's her money and she can do what she wants with it, but I think it's more than a little ridiculous to spend that much money on what is essentially an excuse for her to wear pretty clothes and socialize with people. She doesn't care about the actual riding. If she did, she'd be doing a lot of things differently.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

Pro riders ride that amount of horses every day of the year. And a lot of times it's not even their own. True equestrian pro's make riding their life. 24/7. You can't reach the top half-a.ssing you're way through it.

I have problems with people with that attitude. Funnily enough, it usually happens with those who have an incredible amount of money or have their parents pave their way in.

Just an example of someone who's equally as elite, if even more; Zara made it her life. 24/7. She's an Olympic rider, Charlotte can barely finish an amateur tournament. The list is even too long to name on why Zara is the better horse-woman.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Serene Highness

Both of Zara's parents were Olympic eventers. I don't think you can compare the two.

I am glad Charlotte is bombing out though. It is one of life's lessons. Hope she learns from it. They say horses don't lie and are not afraid to humble humans. Too bad the humans around her aren't as honest with her. Maybe they were and she just didn't listen.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte and Edwina won the Style and Competition event tonight. Charlotte manages to look good even in an afro. See it on www.Youtube.com/Gucci Masters 2011 : Style+Competition for Amade.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Both of Zara's parents were Olympic eventers. I don't think you can compare the two.

I am glad Charlotte is bombing out though. It is one of life's lessons. Hope she learns from it. They say horses don't lie and are not afraid to humble humans. Too bad the humans around her aren't as honest with her. Maybe they were and she just didn't listen.
That is pretty harsh. She shows up every day and tries to improve her craft. And may I ask were you in the room when 'the humans arent honest with her'? She buys the best horses she can and engages the best trainer she can. Not everyone has a natural talent. I would like to also point out to the critics, Horses are not cars. They have opinions and minds of their own. I give her the credit for trying to move up to the next level in a physically demanding sport that requires personal bravery. It's not tennis.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Agreed, she may as well cut back to just competing at small country events in the south of France and areas around Monaco. They would probably be closer to her level anyway.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'll put the link of the video again:

She is so funny! I'm glad to see this face of Charlotte.
And congrats that she finally won something, and for AMADE.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Courtier

That was a cute video! ^ Thanks for posting
Old 12-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
That is pretty harsh. She shows up every day and tries to improve her craft. And may I ask were you in the room when 'the humans arent honest with her'? She buys the best horses she can and engages the best trainer she can. Not everyone has a natural talent. I would like to also point out to the critics, Horses are not cars. They have opinions and minds of their own. I give her the credit for trying to move up to the next level in a physically demanding sport that requires personal bravery. It's not tennis.
By her own admission, she shows up two or three days a week. When she feels like it.

She buys horses that are further along in their training than she is in hers, and rather than try to make them the best that they can be, she tries to compete in competitions that she's not ready to enter because her riding skills aren't up to it. As you observe, horses aren't cars. They have their own skills, their own feelings and their own abilities/dedication to the sport. You have to be willing to learn their personalities, work with them, and cultivate a relationship- and work hard- if you're going to be a good rider.

She rides two to three days a week. She has a string of horses that are more talented than she is, and doesn't seem to care that she's holding them back. The way she's managed her career is indefensible.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Agreed, she may as well cut back to just competing at small country events in the south of France and areas around Monaco. They would probably be closer to her level anyway.
I would be impressed if she chose to do that. Cut back to maybe two horses, worked hard at lessons and competed at events that are at her level. I like that she rides- I'd love to see her succeed.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's a great gallery from yesterday, December 3, including Caroline again:

** FRA: International Gucci Masters Competition - Day 2 **

** Hola: Peluca afro, mallas doradas, maxi gafas retro... Carlota Casiraghi regresa a los años 60 ** Hola gallery **

** purepeople: Charlotte Casiraghi et Benjamin Castaldi : complètement délirants à cheval ! **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery **
Old 12-04-2011, 04:18 AM
Serene Highness

The last galleries are cute, they obviously had a great time, and in disguise and all. Nice video too.

Some of you are too harsh and rude to Charlotte. In the end we don´t know how much effort she makes and how many hours she dedicates every day to horseriding. She may not be the best rider, but you read too much into it.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Aristocracy

By her own admission she only rides twice per week. That's enough to say that is just a hobby for her.
Harsh and rude? One judges by results. She's no goddess at all, and criticizable like any other human being.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I have problems with people with that attitude. Funnily enough, it usually happens with those who have an incredible amount of money or have their parents pave their way in.
I don't know... I usually agree with you and maybe I misantertood something.

I mean, Charlotte has a right to have a expensive hobby if she can pay for it! She is under no obligation to be a pro. If she just wants to ride a couple of days a week, that's nice and healthy and enough to enjoy horses...

My problem with her is when she tries to pass as a pro, or a real horsewoman, or someone with olympic ambitions. Or when she ruins horse after horse trying to look as something she is not.

And of course this uninteresting and pointless interviews where she goes on and on about who special and marvellous and incredible it is to ride a horse. She looks like a 15 year old telling her friends in her schoolyard who wonderful her weekend was.
But I guess she's been too pampered to be a real grown up.

But as far as she is not ruining horses and pretending to be something she is not, I think she has every right to have a expensive hobbies and enjoy horses 2 days a week.
I mean, she is not a horsewoman, just someone who likes riding horses. But nothing wrong with that. Most horse riders are just amateurs like herself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I don't think FanofMonaco was harsh, scooter, maybe you misunderstood her but I agree with every thing she says.
Charlotte doesn't show up everyday, she rides a couple of days a week. She's just said in Madame Figaro interview. She works much less than most amateurs I ride with, people who have to juggle a real work life, kids, who have money issues, and since they really love horses manage to find more than a couple of days a week to ride, and they don't call it "une activité quasi-professionelle"

And she doesn't buy the horses who are right for her. She buys better horses that she can manage, probably because she thinks she deserves them, and she ruins them one after another one because she stubbornly keeps on taking part in competitions she is not ready to enter.

I mean, she's been eliminated 3 days in a row!!

And about her not listening to the people around her, Fanof Monaco says that either she doesn't listen or people around her aren't honest, and I totally agree. No, we haven't been in a room with her but either she doesn't listen to the people around her or she is surrounded by crooks . No pro in his right mind will honestly counsel the type of career Charlotte is following.

And she is not engaging the best trainer she can find. She's stuck with the only trainer she knows, because she knows him since she was a child and he publicly kisses her ass and tells interviewers that she is sooo talented and she is going to the Olympics.

I agree with FanofMonaco. This is a harsh humility lesson, but it will be good for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbaby318 View Post
That was a cute video! ^ Thanks for posting
Ohhh!!! The video was removed before I had a chance to see it! Anyone knows where could I see it?

And she looks cute and fun in that disguise!Very nice! I would love to see more of it!

On her riding skills: did you see the smaller jumps? That's what 1m. 1'05? Not more. And she still doesn't look right: Charlotte Casiraghi Riding At The International Gucci

She should keep on competing at that high for a while before moving on.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
I don't know if this pic here.
Princess Caroline, with....Athina?

There are plenty of pics of Princess Caroline in newscom. Just type "Princess Caroline".
I do not think is Athina. Athina is much much taller than Charlotte and Pcs Caroline
Old 12-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep
Ohhh!!! The video was removed before I had a chance to see it! Anyone knows where could I see it?
Go to YouTube and type in Gucci Masters 2011; that's how I was able to view it.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Something isn't right. The video where Charlotte appears has been removed. I've been looking for it in youtube and all the videos of the Gucci Masters 2011 are there like yesterday but the one featuring Charlotte isn't anymore.
Something smells fishy.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Something isn't right. The video where Charlotte appears has been removed. I've been looking for it in youtube and all the videos of the Gucci Masters 2011 are there like yesterday but the one featuring Charlotte isn't anymore.
Something smells fishy.
I watched it last night on YouTube and had no problem. What's up, I wonder?
Old 12-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Courtier

That's a great pic of Caroline. The outfit is superb. http://i.imgur.com/wgAV3.jpg
Mother and daughter having a lot of fun; http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/News...tosthree733616

What's with the head? Do they all have to wear that thing?
Old 12-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Serene Highness

That was Edwina and Charlotte's costume. I was not being harsh with Charlotte. She said she was going professional and wanted to be in the Olympics. I took her at her word. That means practicing 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Now I find out that she is practicing much less and it explains her poor results this year. I think her intentions are good but maybe she has spread herself too thin in her activities and needs to learn how to say no. Regarding her horses, she is relying on the expertise of Jan Tops and Thierry Rosier. She doesn't have the knowledge to pick out the best horses for herself. I still thinks she needs a new coach. Someone who would be willing to fire her if she didn't tow the line. If she wants to be taken seriously then she needs to go to riding boot camp with no distractions. If not ,she needs to sell most of her horses and continue as a hobby,and call it that. She's not doing herself any favors by pretending to be a pro and falling off her horse every week-end.