Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zara is from a family who take equestrian pursuits very, very seriously and she's the daughter of two Olympic riders. She was probably being instructed on proper form from the time she was a three year old on her first pony ride. She's also from a family that doesn't go in much for flash and glamour.

Charlotte on the other hand- no one else in the family is into equestrian pursuits and I suspect she sees riding as part of a jet set, glamorous lifestyle. She's said as much in interviews- that it's the ultimate glamour sport.

I imagine Zara, coated in mud from doing a cross country course or driving the horse van or sitting up with a sick horse would howl in laughter at the idea of riding as a glamour sport.

Charlotte sees riding as a part time thing she can do on her own schedule- just show up well groomed and lovely, jump on a horse someone else trained and groomed and ride the course- then hand the reins back over to a groom. She doesn't form a partnership with any of her horses and they don't trust her or like how she rides and it shows.
Maybe, Charlotte "uses" riding for having sponsors and signing contracts with companies like Gucci, Cartier etc who support her.

Charlotte wants to be a brillant equestrian but it's not possible, she doesn't focus only on her sport like the others. Zara Philipps has only one activity, it's her career. She doesn't care about jet set. Charlotte is not able to choose, she has the life of a rich jet set girl, she spends many time in parties, in shootings, in official ceremonies, she's not serious enough to become a champion. It's just a hobby, not a job !

Maybe, Charlotte "uses" riding for having sponsors and signing contracts with companies like Gucci, Cartier etc who support her.

One would think sponsors would want more for their money than an treasure trove of losses. What's the campaign slogan "wear Gucci/Cartier and be a loser or Look good while coming in last"?

One would think sponsors would want more for their money than an treasure trove of losses. What's the campaign slogan "wear Gucci/Cartier and be a loser or Look good while coming in last"?
Charlotte is a very glamorous woman, so beautiful, so elegant. Even she doesn't win, the people see all this glamorous appearance.

Those sponsors aren't paying for a winner- they're paying for a glamorous model- someone who represents a luxurious lifestyle. Gucci could care less how Charlotte rides- they're a high fashion brand and who's more high fashion glam than Charlotte Casiraghi?

It'd be different if her sponsors were purveyors of sporting equipment, like Ariat, but they're not.

Charlotte is a very glamorous woman, so beautiful, so elegant. Even she doesn't win, the people see all this glamorous appearance.

OK then so I guess the slogan is "Look good while losing". Thanks for clearing that up.:lol:

I grew up showing horses, it takes alot of work on your own time. I rode almost daily year round.

Charlotte is not dedicated enough, she just needs to ride for fun on her own leisure time.

LaRae

OK then so I guess the slogan is "Look good while losing". Thanks for clearing that up.:lol:
NGalitzine, just click on the internet and look about Gucci and Charlotte. Is obvious that they want her for the publicity and the glamour she has! They all say "the granddaughter of Grace Kelly and bla bla bla.." It's just too obvious for someone to see what is going on and why they have chosen her. They don't want her for her abilities, just for the background and the elegance she holds.
Plus, there are not many people who know about horse riding. Or they even don't care about the results she has. Maybe they even don't follow her sport life. They stay in the image! "Oh look how godd Charlotte is in this Gucci!" Not in the quality.

PS. Please, no irony to other members ;)

The circle of Charlotte is fulling her ears making her live more and more in her bubble. It's a pity that she cannot recognise who she truly is and what her abilities are. She seems really immature or confused sometimes.

Last edited:
Well, when you have a bunch of yes-people around you, otherwise known as sycophants, then it's very hard to grow up. Costa Gavros said pretty much the same thing about her, and some posters seemed to think he was out of place, but what he said was true. It's pretty sad, I think. She's going to be thirty pretty soon.

Last edited:
Charlotte is confirmed for attendance in the new London leg of the GCT this summer, from 6 June to 9 June at Kensington Palace. Jessica Springsteen and Edwina Tops-Alexander will also be competing.

» ATV Today UK » Global Equestrian Event Comes To London

Also, she is mentioned extensively in a Vogue article on Edwina. The full PDF is available at: http://www.globalchampionstour.com/features/2013/1/see-the-vogue-interview-with-edwina-tops-alexander/

I just got a laugh out of imagining HM, the Princess Royal and Zara Phillips sitting together and watching Charlotte try to ride. No doubt Princess Anne could come up with a snarky comment or three :)

Charlotte got 2 first places jumping at 1.15m and 15th and 16th at 1.20m. I think there were 45 and 48 riders I don't get the first places. It looks like the same competition. Maybe it was one of those competitions where everyone gets a first place for a clear ride.I hope she is training with Edwina and Jan now. Hopefully is starting from scratch and learning a more balanced style of riding. Riding at the lower levels will also help her confidence.

Last edited:
Charlotte got 2 first places jumping at 1.15m and 15th and 16th at 1.20m. I think there were 45 and 48 riders . I hope she is training with Edwina and Jan now. Hopefully is starting from scratch and learning a more balanced style of riding. Riding at the lower levels will also help her confidence.

Good for her. Nice to see her riding at an appropriate level and doing well.

I don't know why it doesn't work.
Try this.
Go to PSV MOREL - Photos en ligne
Click on Jump Bost
Type "casiraghi" (if you type "charlotte casiraghi" it doesn't work)

Oh now I see! Hmm. I was hoping that since her results were good and she was riding at a less difficult level, she'd look more comfortable and her position would be better, but she still looks very off balance to me in a lot of the pictures. I think her trainer needs to work with her on controlling her hip angle.

The first pic looks like she was checking the horse up, some are more smooth about it than others.

The second pic she is ahead of the horse and the horse has taken off too close to the fence, looks like she got her strides off....although when it's a straight vertical with no width you do get in deeper to the fence because you need to get up and over without the stretch...and I can't tell for sure if that's an angled fence where one side is vertical and the other is spread.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Without knowing horse - riding (meaning that my writing is not accurate in that part) she seems like she has an accident in that last picture.

Well, from her general expressions, i don't think she got good results:sad: I hope for the opposite of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
As per usual, her horse is getting her through the course and she's just hanging on for the ride. And she's being heavy handed and really hard on her horse's mouth. Ah well. I suppose it's time to give up on the idea that she's ever going to do the work to become a rider who respects her horses and works to make their job easier.

In this image, it looks like she actually dropped her reins on one side, and in several of the others her position is just all over the place. http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=preview&id=9849795

I'm a self-taught rider. I learned by trial and error, with lots of help from books and the occasional trading of work for a lesson. I don't have nearly the technical knowledge some of the people on this forum have- but you don't have to be an expert to see how much is going wrong in some of these pictures. It's rare to find a picture where her jump position looks good- she's always either way in front of where she should be or way behind. It's got to be so hard on her horses to have to compensate that much- like carrying a sack of flour over the jumps.

Last edited:
A I suppose it's time to give up on the idea that she's ever going to do the work to become a rider QUOTE]

Is not necessary to make this reference, since we are all vaccinated against his little capacity to do something good in your life, be it personal or professional !! :bang:

Well, it seems like Charlotte is disappointed with the results as well,her face doesn´t look very happy and shows her emotion.I feel kind of sorry for her because I know what it feels like to underperform, we all have that days and times when we don´t excel and bring one bad result after another.
She always has some of the best horses,this is why I am sad that she doesn´t do more training,because I am sure she could do much better if she wanted to.I know many ppl here are only angry because they are riders as well and would wish to have the chance to ride such fine horses but can´t afford to.
Maybe Charlotte should try her luck with another riding instructor who can motivate her to ride more and have a better discipline,because without discipline+commitment from her side, no horse can win the tournament for her. Nevertheless I do believe that she cares about the horses and likes equestrianism,or at least the whole lifestyle that is built around horses.Otherwise she would have quit long ago,she does not need to do any tournaments -neither her mother forces her nor does she need to do it for financial reasons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom