The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Serene Highness

I agree. It's not just business but I think Charlotte is expected to promote Monaco, title or not. Monaco is looking for financiers from the UK to fill their new office building that is now being erected.

Charlotte came in 27/36 with 8 faults in the 2*, 1.30m today with Rubins Quebelle. It shows Thierry Rozier as the owner now. There must be some kind of tax advantage to having others own your horse because the owners of Charlotte's horses switch alot.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy

Both my daughters learnt to ride with a lunge rein, no saddle no reins and the first time my youngest had a horse take the bit in its teeth and bolt with her I was certainly thankful for this training. In fact she came back to the stable a little nervous but quite exhilarated and she was only 8 years old.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco
I agree. It's not just business but I think Charlotte is expected to promote Monaco, title or not. Monaco is looking for financiers from the UK to fill their new office building that is now being erected.

Charlotte came in 27/36 with 8 faults in the 2*, 1.30m today with Rubins Quebelle. It shows Thierry Rozier as the owner now. There must be some kind of tax advantage to having others own your horse because the owners of Charlotte's horses switch alot.
Is this a new horse for her? I don't recognize the name
Old 11-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Serene Highness

She's had it about a year but it is very young. I think about 8 years old. She has just started competing with it this fall. Thierry was training it before that. I think it is originally from the Lady Forbes stable.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco
She's had it about a year but it is very young. I think about 8 years old. She has just started competing with it this fall. Thierry was training it before that. I think it is originally from the Lady Forbes stable.
:/ that explains the slightly better than usual results. (not that they're great, just better than she's done recently on her other horses)
Old 11-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Courtier

Alicia 753 posted pics of Charlotte from Ispix, at UAE GCT.
the Fashion Spot - View Single Post - Charlotte Casiraghi
Thank you very much Alicia!

Here is a more complete gallery, with Charlotte riding: http://www.isopix.be/view_main.aspx?...DDLB_CATALOG=1.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

Cartier must have paid her way the to UAE. Look at the bling on her left hand.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Actually, she has been wearing that ring on her left hand for quite a while...it's why I believe she is quietly engaged to marry Alex Dellal.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

She has two rings. They don't look like engagement rings to me. Well, i can't see it very well.
Would be so cool to see her getting married, but i'm guessing her wedding would be private.

How did she came in this last jumping?
Old 11-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Royal Highness

Well, I'm not sure if we're talking about the same when we are talking about rings.
Nathalie, when you say they don't look like engagement rings it is because you're expecting something like Catherine's ring, that sort of rings that comes with the famous question, isn't it?
Well, to me Charlotte wearing that ring seems pretty normal and means another thing:
It varies from culture to culture, and I don't know if this is used in other countries of Europe but here in Portugal if a couple is dating for some years and if their relationship is serious, couples wear a ring that looks more like a wedding band. It doesn't mean they are engaged to marry, ie, he hasn't asked her yet and so no engagement ring like Catherine's yet. It only means they are serious. After some years of relationship, when the couple finally feels ready to marry, he asks the famous question and so there is an engagement ring!!!

As I said, that's how it is in Portugal and I'm not sure if it is the same in other countries. Maybe people from France and Italy can explain us how it is there, but I think it must something similar to Portugal because I've noticed that not only Charlotte, but also Tatiana and Beatrice wear a similiar ring/band.( Andrea, Alex and Pierre don't so maybe men don't wear it in their countries.) That's why I think their rings are the sort of ring I talked about. That would mean Charlotte is serious with Alex, as Tatiana and Beatrice are serious with Andrea and Pierre, but they haven't decided to marry yet
Old 11-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic in regards to the subject of this thread.........Charlottte's equestrian career.

Any and all additional off topics will be deleted without notice.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Courtier

Isopix gallery has been updated. Now we have pics of Charlotte in a blue dress.
http://www.isopix.be/view_main.aspx?...DDLB_CATALOG=1
Old 11-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Courtier

Wow: global championship show jumping final - Ken Goff - 20378878-011 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie
I wonder how long is she going to take to burn this new horsey. Carry lasted even less than Tintero.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^^
That thought crossed my mind too.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Awful pic. I saw it but didn't talk about it because I didn't want to create a new debate, but I totally agree with you Trepstep. Poor new horse won't last long. I will even add that she changes of horses as quickly as P. Hilton changes of chihuahuas: they have quite the same attitude because both say they love their animals but both don't really care of them (horses and dogs). Don't start shouting after me, I know that Charlotte and P. Hilton are totally differents (Charlotte is smart, nothing compared!) but both have the same socialite attitude, playing with animals for the parade, but in the truth, they are only concerned by their little life. The fact that Charlotte "destroys" so many talentuous horses hurt me a lot.
It seems to me that horse riding becomes more and more an alibi for Charlotte to avoid assuming her socialite status but I'm not convinced.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep
I had the same thought. You could tell Carry was getting fed up... So she's on to a new horse, always changing horses and never trying to change her own riding skills.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Zimbio has Charlotte's pics in Abu Dhabi!
Charlotte Casiraghi Photos - Princess Charlotte Rides Horses - Zimbio

What do you think about this pic? Charlotte Casiraghi Photos - Princess Charlotte Rides Horses - Zimbio
I would be very curious to read your comments about it. According to me she looks frightened, her horse goes too fast and she doesn't know how to slow him, except holding her reigns too strictly (look at his poor mouth!!) and compromises his balance. It's a new proof of the bad maneers Charlotte uses in her horse riding attitude, without trying to correct it. She chooses horses which are too strong for her, and she has not the level to ride them correctly.

I know I'm off topic but I wanted to share those pics of Athina: she's so nice on it!! I guess that on this one (http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Charlot...es/CufipRgH7XR) she's supporting her husband, and on his one (http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Charlot...es/Oab5nrxxa9J) she's happy because he did well.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness

All of your observations seem correct to me, LovelyKate. She certainly looks off balance in that picture and it's making things hard on the horse.

I feel like we've all got a pretty good idea of all her problems by now... We'll see how much longer she lasts doing this. Maybe another year, tops, unless she works hard to correct her riding skills.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

Damn honey, looks like she got lost on her own horse. That is some serious imbalanced riding going on over that jump.

It's becoming slightly hilarious to me that she has so many horses and access to great trainers, yet she's barely making any progress in her classifications. A beginner could have jumped that fence neater than she did.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
Zimbio has Charlotte's pics in Abu Dhabi!
Charlotte Casiraghi Photos - Princess Charlotte Rides Horses - Zimbio

What do you think about this pic? Charlotte Casiraghi Photos - Princess Charlotte Rides Horses - Zimbio
I would be very curious to read your comments about it. According to me she looks frightened, her horse goes too fast and she doesn't know how to slow him, except holding her reigns too strictly (look at his poor mouth!!) and compromises his balance. It's a new proof of the bad maneers Charlotte uses in her horse riding attitude, without trying to correct it. She chooses horses which are too strong for her, and she has not the level to ride them correctly.

I know I'm off topic but I wanted to share those pics of Athina: she's so nice on it!! I guess that on this one (Charlotte Casiraghi Photos - Princess Charlotte Rides Horses - Zimbio) she's supporting her husband, and on his one (Charlotte Casiraghi Photos - Princess Charlotte Rides Horses - Zimbio) she's happy because he did well.
She's not steering properly that is the problem, as far as I can see and judge by a picture. You're supposed to ride a horse sternly between two legs you're seat and two hands/arms. And especially the latter isn't supposed to visit damned Madagaskar in order to get your horse to change directions. It's kinda horribly wrong and that means you rely too much on them. The legs should be used too. Minimally so, because before you know it the horse has a spur in it's backside. And I don't know if the picture was just a moment captured or the whole ride, but judging solely by that shot, she's carrying the horse far too much right there. That's gonna cost you.

But anyway, it's easy to judge by pictures. Videos would be nicer. But yeah, she ain't no Queen of showjumping.