Nobility

Charlotte in Chantilly

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/2...0096934024.jpg
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7...0096934028.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5...0096934048.jpg
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/3...0096934056.jpg

Old 07-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Serene Highness

That is Tintero. On the video he looks so much greyer than normal. Maybe it was overcast.

Saturday Charlotte was eliminated twice. In her defense, most of the riders, including the pros, aren't doing very well do to the rain. Electra Niarchos rode GI JOE in the 1.15m. I am assuming she is a relative of Eugenie.

Athina Onassis is doing great this year. It is her first year of riding at the 5* level. She is currently in 9th place after the first round in the GCT competition, 1.60m. The announcer said it is the first time she has made it to the second round. She cleared the fences, but had 3 time faults.

Athina came in last in the 2nd round but still finished 18th and won prize money. She earned 19 GCT points for the year. Her first GCT points. Congrats to her.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Royal Highness

^^I think Electra is Eugenie and Stavros' younger sister
Old 07-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Aristocracy

Charlotte fell hard in Chantilly!

You can see the pictures in Pomeline Skyrock. Not sure if they've been posted before.

pomeline's blog - °• Charlotte Casiraghi - Skyrock.com
Old 07-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm no rider, but that must have hurt both horse and rider !
It always amazes me to see them getting up almost immediately....
Old 07-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

She's lucky she doesn't have a broken leg. Charlotte was eliminated 2ce today also. Maybe she isn't used to riding in the rain or the horse didn't have the right kind of shoes for the turf.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Courtier

Yeah, I would think riding in the rain would be doubly difficult. It even amazes me that footballers (in the general, American and European sense ) still play when it's raining out, even though they're on the ground. The ground is wet, they can't see, it's easier to slip and break something. Makes me shudder. But at least she's alright.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Serene Highness

Pure Charlotte and her horse. I hope this won't make her go a step behind but continue dynamically!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Serene Highness

You can see the video on the GCT website. Go to Chantilly results for Sunday, small tour, 1.15m. Tintero looked like he was sliding into home base. They both stood up immediately though. Not a good week-end for Charlotte. She needs to put it behind her and move on.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post

Saturday Charlotte was eliminated twice. In her defense, most of the riders, including the pros, aren't doing very well do to the rain.
ll,

Well, she was the only one who was eliminated in her category. Every other single rider managed to finish the course. If you take into account that she had 2 chances, and by the second turn she alreday knew the course and still managed to get eliminated once again, I don't think there is much to say in her favour.
And sunday she was eliminated again in both courses even at the 1.15m!

But still she won't open her eyes and realize that she is riding above her capacities.
I really pity poor Tintero. Such a wonderful horse and he's not able to finish a 1.15 m any more :-(
Old 07-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Thank you, azure. I wasn't trying to be malicious, but God forbid I say anything less than flattering about Charlotte the goddess.
I agree so much with you three kells, azure and LovelyKate! Anyone who speaks french will know without doubt that she was being rude.
It's kind of annoying how every comment that doesn't worship Charlotte is frowned upon!

I frequent the forum less and less because of that. I've said plenty of good things about Charlotte. I've stated I don't know how many times that I find her beautiful, that I think she is an intelligent and articulate young woman with healthy and interesting ambitions and it's very nice to see that she's got wide interests.
She also strikes me as a hard-working person, someone who takes things serioulsly, a responsible girl.
I've repeated that I found marvelous how level headed her and her siblings are. She could be dating famous and beautiful people, all around the world but clearly she prefers talent and personality over looks, and really like the couple she makes with Alex. And it is very nice to see how nice and caring and sweet she seem to be with her family, specially with Caroline.

Yet they are a couple of things I don't like about her:
I dislike her extreme thinness. And I don't understand and don't like at all the way she is handling her equestrian career (both the way she is competing and the public image she is trying to sell about herself in interviews). Doesn't matter all the good things I've said about her, I've become a chalotte-hater and a troll!!!

The sad thing is that I really like the girl, but lately, all this extreme worshiping is making me focus much more on her flaws than on her virtues, as a reaction! :-(
Old 07-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Serene Highness

Too much horse for the girl, and I too, feel for the horse. I must say that the girl is handling her situation better than many would (many would give up).
Old 07-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Serene Highness

Where were you TrepStep when Charlotte came in 5/42 at 1.35 in Cannes and 3 and 4th/42 at 1.30 in Monaco. The whole point of watching sports is to see athletes succeed, not to hope they fail. Even Doda said the surface was very difficult at Chantilly. Watching the pros and amateurs at the GCT site I find that it is not unusual to place high one time and near the bottom the next. It is not like tennis or golf where one person may dominate every week. In Monaco, Charlotte beat some very good riders like Jane Davies and Lauley Squibb. You don't go to the top in a straight line. There will be ups and downs. Michael Phelps, who has about 16 gold medals , came in 3rd yesterday in swimming. Is his career finished now?
Old 07-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Courtier

I like the Chantilly pics. She looked so scared after the fall :o
Old 07-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Where were you TrepStep when Charlotte came in 5/42 at 1.35 in Cannes and 3 and 4th/42 at 1.30 in Monaco. The whole point of watching sports is to see athletes succeed, not to hope they fail.
Well, I have a theory about why she does always so well in Monaco and sometimes also Cannes. I was about to come here and post it but I refrained because I knew all I would get would be a: "troll! can't you accept Charlotte successes? Why do you make up such things?"
Just think about it if you will: why does she always do much better in Monaco than in other courses??? Weird, isn't it? Think a little bit, you'll find your answer.

Anyway, I made a prediction about Charlotte's 2011 season some weeks ago. She was going to go from better to worst because at the begining of the season her horses were fresh and had been rode by respecful and talented riders. But the more she rides them the worst results they get. They always get better results when Charlotte's been skiing, or travelling around for a while and someone else has trained them. When she's been on their back for a while they loose confidence.

And yes, the surface was difficult. But she was the only one to be eliminated 4 times.

I also think she should sell Tintero. With Troy she sometimes makes mistakes, as any amateur rider does, but they understand each other better. Tintero and Charlotte don't understand each other. In the 1'25 video the horse is complaining the whole time, he doesn't trust her. It was foolish to make him go to 1'35 on saturday when they had so many problems on friday. On sunday he wasn't even willing to do the smallest of efforts for her.

And about whising someone to succeed when watching amateur sport, you are right, but 1st, Charlotte isn't an amateur in her own eyes, apparently, didn't she say she was "quasi profesionelle"? And 2nd, and sorry but I can't support a sportswoman who thinks she is above other amateur riders and wants to skip learning steps the way she does, or worst, a rider who doesn't respect her horses.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Well, I have a theory about why she does always so well in Monaco and sometimes also Cannes. I was about to come here and post it but I refrained because I knew all I would get would be a: "troll! can't you accept Charlotte successes? Why do you make up such things?"
Just think about it if you will: why does she always do much better in Monaco than in other courses??? Weird, isn't it? Think a little bit, you'll find your answer.
She doesn't always so well in Monaco. In 2009 and 2010, she didn't it well.

Result 2010

Monaco Pro-Am Cup 10 500.00
Prix du Jumping International de Monte Carlo, 1m25 14 0.00
Prix du Jumping International de Monte Carlo, 1m30 15 0.00
Prix du Jumping International de Monte Carlo, 1m25 19 0.00
Prix du Jumping International de Monte Carlo, 1m30 30 0.00
Prix du Jumping International de Monte Carlo, 1m25 37 0.00

Result 2009

Prix Jumping International de Monte-Carlo, 1m25 13 0.00
Prix Jumping International de Monte-Carlo, 1m15 16 0.00
Prix Jumping International de Monte-Carlo, 1m30 27 0.00

This year

Pro-Am Cup 2 8,000.00
Prix Jumping International de Monte Carlo, 1.30m 3 1,500.00
Prix Jumping International de Monte Carlo, 1.30m 4 800.00
Prix Jumping International de Monte Carlo, 1.25m 17 0.00
Prix Jumping International de Monte Carlo, 1.25m 20 0.00
Prix Jumping International de Monte Carlo, 1.25m 43 0.00
Old 07-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Courtier

Why do yo say she didn't do well? Those are among her better results. Several clear rounds, no eliminations... In most competions she is eliminated at least once.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Serene Highness

You obviously haven't been following Charlotte's progress very closely TrepStep. She has a much better bond with Tintero than Troy. Most of her eliminations have been with Troy. Troy is a stallion and was more difficult to learn to ride. She concentrated on him over the winter and spring and her eliminations with Troy had gone way down. This was the first competition she has ridden Tintero in several months so it is logical that they wouldn't be as sharp together. The problems I see Charlotte having are: adjusting to the different strides between different horses and not being used to riding on wet grass. It rained in Chantilly last year also and she didn't do well then either. The way to overcome these problems is to train and compete alot. Charlotte has improved quite abit from where she was when she restarted in the spring of 2009. Her winnings show that.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
You obviously haven't been following Charlotte's progress very closely TrepStep. She has a much better bond with Tintero than Troy. Most of her eliminations have been with Troy. Troy is a stallion and was more difficult to learn to ride. She concentrated on him over the winter and spring and her eliminations with Troy had gone way down. This was the first competition she has ridden Tintero in several months so it is logical that they wouldn't be as sharp together. The problems I see Charlotte having are: adjusting to the different strides between different horses and not being used to riding on wet grass. It rained in Chantilly last year also and she didn't do well then either. The way to overcome these problems is to train and compete alot. Charlotte has improved quite abit from where she was when she restarted in the spring of 2009. Her winnings show that.
I do remember her beginings with Troy and Tintero and I remember she used to get better results with Tintero. But now I think that Troy and Charlotte had gotten used to each other and make a better partnership than they did a year ago.
Tintero on the other hand looks like a very sensitive horse, the kind of horse that usually doesn't make a good match with an amateur. Two years ago he was finishing 1'50 courses with 0 faults. When Charlotte started riding him they didn't do bad, but after a few months their results started to be worst and worst until Charlotte stopped riding him and apparently left him in Rozier's hands.
Now, it looks as if she is trying again to ride him in CSI shows, but frankly, it doesn't seem to be working. The horse is clearly unconfortable and distrustful with her.
I still think she should sell it to a profesional. When a 1'50 horse doesn't want to jump 1'15 fences, something is very much amiss. The problem is, of course, than today she won't get half the price she payed for him 2 years ago.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Serene Highness

Troy is a 5* horse also. Nothing is wrong with Tintero. They just haven't competed together for a few months.