The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1181  
Old 07-12-2011, 07:41 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
It's worth bearing in mind that Charlotte, along with her siblings, have been in the public eye since their birth.

There must be times when she longs for a bit of privacy.

Well well said!

They do not live on public money! They do not own us their time or their imaage as we want.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1182  
Old 07-12-2011, 10:01 AM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here and there, Greece
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
She was not rude! She was polied but unavailable! They were pursuing her in the street, and she wanted to leave! She was polied she said many times "please" "please" she replied about the show, but that was it. She did not want to have a chatt with journalists in the street, and this is HER right.
Giving a simple and short answer is really different from having a chat.
__________________

__________________
Life is to be explored
Reply With Quote
  #1183  
Old 07-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 558
Thank you, azure. I wasn't trying to be malicious, but God forbid I say anything less than flattering about Charlotte the goddess. Her tone, in my very own personal opinion, was, shall we say, less than polite. I'm not saying she had to stop and have a conversation. A simple, "Yes, the show was fine/great/whatever" and move on would've sufficed. Instead she was very snotty and sarcastic, "C'etait magnifique, voila!" and it sounded more like "Get the heck outta my face..." When you compare her response to the other responses on the video, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Moreover, the paps weren't asking about her private life. They were asking about the show. And its not like Charlotte and her siblings try to avoid the public life. Was she not just last week front row at Chanel? They enjoy the perks of a public life, and giving a one-sentence reply (which she could've used to gush about her friend McCartney) seems a small price to pay to me.

Now, before my post gets deleted, are there pictures of her last most recent horse jumping? At Bois le Roi? I've been looking, but so far nothing. No articles either. Where the heck is Hola when you need them?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1184  
Old 07-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,347
I think this was a small local tournament.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1185  
Old 07-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 558
Ah. Pity. I love her equestrian wardrobe. Is the GCT over then? Forgive my ignorance about the sport please; hope this isn't a dumb question.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1186  
Old 07-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,347
No. They still have 4 competitions left. Chantilly, France starts Friday, then the Netherlands, Rio and finally Dubai. Their website is www.globalchampionstour.com. Some of Charlotte's rides are videotaped. Unfortunately, her 3rd and 4th place wins in Monaco weren't, but the Pro-Am was.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1187  
Old 07-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beach House, Malaysia
Posts: 433
i just love her right there!!
__________________
At least I can be rich in my mind, after all that's where the real wealth resides.
Reply With Quote
  #1188  
Old 07-13-2011, 04:59 AM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here and there, Greece
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Thank you, azure. I wasn't trying to be malicious, but God forbid I say anything less than flattering about Charlotte the goddess. Her tone, in my very own personal opinion, was, shall we say, less than polite. I'm not saying she had to stop and have a conversation. A simple, "Yes, the show was fine/great/whatever" and move on would've sufficed. Instead she was very snotty and sarcastic, "C'etait magnifique, voila!" and it sounded more like "Get the heck outta my face..." When you compare her response to the other responses on the video, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Moreover, the paps weren't asking about her private life. They were asking about the show. And its not like Charlotte and her siblings try to avoid the public life. Was she not just last week front row at Chanel? They enjoy the perks of a public life, and giving a one-sentence reply (which she could've used to gush about her friend McCartney) seems a small price to pay to me.

Now, before my post gets deleted, are there pictures of her last most recent horse jumping? At Bois le Roi? I've been looking, but so far nothing. No articles either. Where the heck is Hola when you need them?
No need to thank me, Kells.
I agree with everything you said
__________________
Life is to be explored
Reply With Quote
  #1189  
Old 07-13-2011, 05:02 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Giving a simple and short answer is really different from having a chat.
She did it! She said "c'etait formidable" It is enough,non??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1190  
Old 07-13-2011, 10:56 AM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here and there, Greece
Posts: 1,058
I don't think the journalists wanted a chat Just a simple& polite answer. She did avoid them at first. Hasn't she lernt that when attending a Stella McCartney show there'll be papz around the place? They do no harm, neither they bite. They wanted a comment from the guests about the fashion show.
I remember i've heard in that video a "S'il vous plait, non, non, c'est bon là!" meaning "Please, no, no, it's ok now!". After that a "magnifique(?)".. something like that.
__________________
Life is to be explored
Reply With Quote
  #1191  
Old 07-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,347
There are several different interpretations of the Stella interview. I don't think any of us know what she said. I include myself. Maybe Melanie Premiere could translate it for us.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1192  
Old 07-13-2011, 12:07 PM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here and there, Greece
Posts: 1,058
Well, i listened to the video..but another opinion is always welcome!
__________________
Life is to be explored
Reply With Quote
  #1193  
Old 07-13-2011, 05:36 PM
LovelyKate's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ...., France
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
There are several different interpretations of the Stella interview. I don't think any of us know what she said. I include myself. Maybe Melanie Premiere could translate it for us.
I do. We already talked about it in the past, I remember that there was a big argument about it. I'm french, and I know what she said. Charlotte's sentence has already been translated, I won't do it again. Yes, she was rude. She was very agressive, and there was no reason for this. She was at a show, a show organised by one of her friend, a journalist asked her how the show was, and she was rude, that's all. Why do you refuse to recognize it FanofMonaco? I understand your admiration for Charlotte but you have to accept that this girl is sometimes snob, and rude. Even if she's a Grimaldi, a beautiful clever girl, etc.

This said, I want to add that I'm disapointed that there is no pics of Charlotte, at this week end jumping. I love her in horse riding outfits, she's very classy, more than ever!
__________________
My galleries about Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Charlotte Casiraghi : april - june 2011, june 2011 - ... .
Reply With Quote
  #1194  
Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
I do. We already talked about it in the past, I remember that there was a big argument about it. I'm french, and I know what she said. Charlotte's sentence has already been translated, I won't do it again. Yes, she was rude. She was very agressive, and there was no reason for this. She was at a show, a show organised by one of her friend, a journalist asked her how the show was, and she was rude, that's all. Why do you refuse to recognize it FanofMonaco? I understand your admiration for Charlotte but you have to accept that this girl is sometimes snob, and rude. Even if she's a Grimaldi, a beautiful clever girl, etc.

This said, I want to add that I'm disapointed that there is no pics of Charlotte, at this week end jumping. I love her in horse riding outfits, she's very classy, more than ever!

You are after my own heart, LovelyKate. I don't think there can be any debate as to what she said. She did not mumble or stutter; French isn't even my first language and I understood her loud and clear. I'm also disappointed though that there are no pictures of her. I've said it before and I'll say it again Gucci is the best thing that has happened to her wardrobe. I always thought that she looked good in her equestrian outfits anyway, but since she and Frida joined forces, it has been one perfect look after another.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/C...oicdI-8KLl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/M...iSGEwje3Kl.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...6D5clJOv_l.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1195  
Old 07-17-2011, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,500
Great pics .... keep them coming ..... pleeease.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1196  
Old 07-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
The Chantilly jumping just started and Valentine is there. It's going to be fun to see Charlotte and Valentine competing together after so many years!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1197  
Old 07-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
You are after my own heart, LovelyKate. I don't think there can be any debate as to what she said. She did not mumble or stutter; French isn't even my first language and I understood her loud and clear. I'm also disappointed though that there are no pictures of her. I've said it before and I'll say it again Gucci is the best thing that has happened to her wardrobe. I always thought that she looked good in her equestrian outfits anyway, but since she and Frida joined forces, it has been one perfect look after another.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/C...oicdI-8KLl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/M...iSGEwje3Kl.jpg


http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...6D5clJOv_l.jpg
I love that last one...sometimes she looks so much like Caroline it's simply astonishing!

Gorgeous photos..thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1198  
Old 07-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,347
Charlotte will probably start competing tomorrow. Today, in the 2*, 1.30m Jessica Springsteen (Bruce's daughter and ranked 887 in the world) placed 34th and Valentine Pozzo di Borgo (ranked 515) finished 39th out of 70. There are 2 competitions going on. The GCT which starts tomorrow and the Chantilly which started today. Same location but 2 different arenas side by side.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1199  
Old 07-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 558
I hope we get pics of a Valentine/Char reunion. That would be lovely. But mostly I'm kind of interested to see how Valentine has turned out also. I haven't seen pics of her in a while.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1200  
Old 07-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,347
Charlotte came in 31/32, they said on Tintero, at 1.25 m and 8 faults. This horse looked much greyer than Tintero so I am not sure. She has not ridden him in competition in several months. On Troy she came in 17/24, 4 faults at 1.35 m. They haven't started the Jumping Chantilly part yet. That's where Valerie and Jessica are competing.

You can watch videos of Charlotte riding on the GCT website.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life agisele Princess Caroline and Family 862 12-25-2011 03:33 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2005 - July 2010 carlota Archives 394 07-23-2010 02:23 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
belgium birth carl philip charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven pom pregnancy president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]