The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
It's worth bearing in mind that Charlotte, along with her siblings, have been in the public eye since their birth.

There must be times when she longs for a bit of privacy.

Well well said!

They do not live on public money! They do not own us their time or their imaage as we want.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
She was not rude! She was polied but unavailable! They were pursuing her in the street, and she wanted to leave! She was polied she said many times "please" "please" she replied about the show, but that was it. She did not want to have a chatt with journalists in the street, and this is HER right.
Giving a simple and short answer is really different from having a chat.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Courtier

Thank you, azure. I wasn't trying to be malicious, but God forbid I say anything less than flattering about Charlotte the goddess. Her tone, in my very own personal opinion, was, shall we say, less than polite. I'm not saying she had to stop and have a conversation. A simple, "Yes, the show was fine/great/whatever" and move on would've sufficed. Instead she was very snotty and sarcastic, "C'etait magnifique, voila!" and it sounded more like "Get the heck outta my face..." When you compare her response to the other responses on the video, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Moreover, the paps weren't asking about her private life. They were asking about the show. And its not like Charlotte and her siblings try to avoid the public life. Was she not just last week front row at Chanel? They enjoy the perks of a public life, and giving a one-sentence reply (which she could've used to gush about her friend McCartney) seems a small price to pay to me.

Now, before my post gets deleted, are there pictures of her last most recent horse jumping? At Bois le Roi? I've been looking, but so far nothing. No articles either. Where the heck is Hola when you need them?
Old 07-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness

I think this was a small local tournament.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Courtier

Ah. Pity. I love her equestrian wardrobe. Is the GCT over then? Forgive my ignorance about the sport please; hope this isn't a dumb question.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Serene Highness

No. They still have 4 competitions left. Chantilly, France starts Friday, then the Netherlands, Rio and finally Dubai. Their website is www.globalchampionstour.com. Some of Charlotte's rides are videotaped. Unfortunately, her 3rd and 4th place wins in Monaco weren't, but the Pro-Am was.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Nobility

i just love her right there!!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Thank you, azure. I wasn't trying to be malicious, but God forbid I say anything less than flattering about Charlotte the goddess. Her tone, in my very own personal opinion, was, shall we say, less than polite. I'm not saying she had to stop and have a conversation. A simple, "Yes, the show was fine/great/whatever" and move on would've sufficed. Instead she was very snotty and sarcastic, "C'etait magnifique, voila!" and it sounded more like "Get the heck outta my face..." When you compare her response to the other responses on the video, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Moreover, the paps weren't asking about her private life. They were asking about the show. And its not like Charlotte and her siblings try to avoid the public life. Was she not just last week front row at Chanel? They enjoy the perks of a public life, and giving a one-sentence reply (which she could've used to gush about her friend McCartney) seems a small price to pay to me.

Now, before my post gets deleted, are there pictures of her last most recent horse jumping? At Bois le Roi? I've been looking, but so far nothing. No articles either. Where the heck is Hola when you need them?
No need to thank me, Kells.
I agree with everything you said
Old 07-13-2011, 05:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Giving a simple and short answer is really different from having a chat.
She did it! She said "c'etait formidable" It is enough,non??
Old 07-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think the journalists wanted a chat Just a simple& polite answer. She did avoid them at first. Hasn't she lernt that when attending a Stella McCartney show there'll be papz around the place? They do no harm, neither they bite. They wanted a comment from the guests about the fashion show.
I remember i've heard in that video a "S'il vous plait, non, non, c'est bon là!" meaning "Please, no, no, it's ok now!". After that a "magnifique(?)".. something like that.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

There are several different interpretations of the Stella interview. I don't think any of us know what she said. I include myself. Maybe Melanie Premiere could translate it for us.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

Well, i listened to the video..but another opinion is always welcome!
Old 07-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
There are several different interpretations of the Stella interview. I don't think any of us know what she said. I include myself. Maybe Melanie Premiere could translate it for us.
I do. We already talked about it in the past, I remember that there was a big argument about it. I'm french, and I know what she said. Charlotte's sentence has already been translated, I won't do it again. Yes, she was rude. She was very agressive, and there was no reason for this. She was at a show, a show organised by one of her friend, a journalist asked her how the show was, and she was rude, that's all. Why do you refuse to recognize it FanofMonaco? I understand your admiration for Charlotte but you have to accept that this girl is sometimes snob, and rude. Even if she's a Grimaldi, a beautiful clever girl, etc.

This said, I want to add that I'm disapointed that there is no pics of Charlotte, at this week end jumping. I love her in horse riding outfits, she's very classy, more than ever!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
I do. We already talked about it in the past, I remember that there was a big argument about it. I'm french, and I know what she said. Charlotte's sentence has already been translated, I won't do it again. Yes, she was rude. She was very agressive, and there was no reason for this. She was at a show, a show organised by one of her friend, a journalist asked her how the show was, and she was rude, that's all. Why do you refuse to recognize it FanofMonaco? I understand your admiration for Charlotte but you have to accept that this girl is sometimes snob, and rude. Even if she's a Grimaldi, a beautiful clever girl, etc.

This said, I want to add that I'm disapointed that there is no pics of Charlotte, at this week end jumping. I love her in horse riding outfits, she's very classy, more than ever!

You are after my own heart, LovelyKate. I don't think there can be any debate as to what she said. She did not mumble or stutter; French isn't even my first language and I understood her loud and clear. I'm also disappointed though that there are no pictures of her. I've said it before and I'll say it again Gucci is the best thing that has happened to her wardrobe. I always thought that she looked good in her equestrian outfits anyway, but since she and Frida joined forces, it has been one perfect look after another.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/C...oicdI-8KLl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/M...iSGEwje3Kl.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...6D5clJOv_l.jpg
Old 07-17-2011, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Great pics .... keep them coming ..... pleeease.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Courtier

The Chantilly jumping just started and Valentine is there. It's going to be fun to see Charlotte and Valentine competing together after so many years!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
You are after my own heart, LovelyKate. I don't think there can be any debate as to what she said. She did not mumble or stutter; French isn't even my first language and I understood her loud and clear. I'm also disappointed though that there are no pictures of her. I've said it before and I'll say it again Gucci is the best thing that has happened to her wardrobe. I always thought that she looked good in her equestrian outfits anyway, but since she and Frida joined forces, it has been one perfect look after another.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/C...oicdI-8KLl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/M...iSGEwje3Kl.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...6D5clJOv_l.jpg
I love that last one...sometimes she looks so much like Caroline it's simply astonishing!

Gorgeous photos..thanks!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte will probably start competing tomorrow. Today, in the 2*, 1.30m Jessica Springsteen (Bruce's daughter and ranked 887 in the world) placed 34th and Valentine Pozzo di Borgo (ranked 515) finished 39th out of 70. There are 2 competitions going on. The GCT which starts tomorrow and the Chantilly which started today. Same location but 2 different arenas side by side.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Courtier

I hope we get pics of a Valentine/Char reunion. That would be lovely. But mostly I'm kind of interested to see how Valentine has turned out also. I haven't seen pics of her in a while.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Serene Highness

Charlotte came in 31/32, they said on Tintero, at 1.25 m and 8 faults. This horse looked much greyer than Tintero so I am not sure. She has not ridden him in competition in several months. On Troy she came in 17/24, 4 faults at 1.35 m. They haven't started the Jumping Chantilly part yet. That's where Valerie and Jessica are competing.

You can watch videos of Charlotte riding on the GCT website.