The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Serene Highness

You know I am the eternal optimist about Charlotte's riding, but I think Stephan Bern made a mistake about her riding in the London Olympics. She is only riding at the 2 star level and just beginning to jump 1.40 and 1.45m. 1.40 is the low jumping height at the Olympics and the fences are set at the 5 star level. Her coach said she was shooting for the Rio Olympics in an interview a few months ago.

As thin as Charlotte as gotten, I was wondering if maybe she was training to do a marathon or half marathon. Pure speculation on my part.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Courtier

Well I'm honestly just worried that she will hurt herself, it's a dangerous sport, and I keep thinking of what happened to actor Christopher Reeve, not to mention her own father, though I realize that was a different sport all together, still, worries remain...

And things *can* go wrong, especially when an athlete is not quite at the level of the top echelon of the sport. Even then accidents happen - Stefano Casiraghi was the World Champion in Offshore Speed Boat Racing, but look what happened, but Thank God rules have changed so what happened to him will not happen to anyone again.

I mean I realize in all sport there is danger, that's part of the thrill and challenge, to overcome those dangers, but alas one can't help but worry. I wonder how Caroline feels about it all?

Here's hoping Charlotte doesn't feel pressured into doing anything she's not quite ready to do, just yet.

That said, I admire Charlotte's drive, determination, discipline, and hard work, as I do all athletes!

Old 06-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
not sure why some expect her to be immediately at the same level as champions with years of expertise....cut her a break while she continues to grow and learn.
You got it all wrong, horseygal. Charlotte and his trainer seem to be then only ones who want her inmediately looking like an experienced champion.

What most of us are saying is exactly the oposite. That she lacks experiences and she should ride easier competions (the same way other riders of her level do), and do a serious and slow work with her horses, instead of trying to compete among the champions when it is too early and she obviously isn't ready yet.

We want her to grow and learn. She and her trainer are the ones that for some unknown reason want to show off.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Aristocracy

Grand Champions Tour Magazine, Charlotte Casiraghi
Very beautiful pic

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3...harlotteca.jpg

Source: Carol Sachs
Old 06-19-2011, 03:22 AM
Heir Apparent

It's a lovely photo - the rider hugging her horse.

I think everyone should leave Charlotte to make her own decisions about her horseriding, and other aspects of her life. She is young, and a Grimaldi.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyromanov View Post
Very beautiful pic

Very little make up, rider clothes, that's the way Charlotte is the most beautiful. She's a pure beauty on this pic!!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Nobility

Charlotte looks her age...in a beautiful way
Old 06-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Courtier

Reading Charlotte's interview with Madame Figaro and comparing the posts here about her skills as an equestrian are a bit confusing. In the interview she says Thierry knows her by heart and she goes on about how you have to respect your horse's needs and everything, but from what I'm reading from some of you guys she doesn't seem to practice what she preaches. I don't know anything about equestrian sport, so I'll leave it up to the experts to debate about, but it is a very interesting read though. She sounds like a smart girl, and I didn't pick up any pretention in her words (but French is not my native tongue so don't hold me to that). I do like when she talks about the books she reads though, especially since we just wrapped up Baudelaire and Rimbaud (love) in my French Lit. class.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Reading Charlotte's interview with Madame Figaro and comparing the posts here about her skills as an equestrian are a bit confusing. In the interview she says Thierry knows her by heart and she goes on about how you have to respect your horse's needs and everything, but from what I'm reading from some of you guys she doesn't seem to practice what she preaches. I don't know anything about equestrian sport, so I'll leave it up to the experts to debate about, but it is a very interesting read though. She sounds like a smart girl, and I didn't pick up any pretention in her words (but French is not my native tongue so don't hold me to that). I do like when she talks about the books she reads though, especially since we just wrapped up Baudelaire and Rimbaud (love) in my French Lit. class.
Nice posting Kells! I see your point.
But I wouldn't put any faith on posts you read here by certain posters regarding Charlotte's pluses or minuses.
At this point I take her for her word AND her coach until there is decisive evidence otherwise.
The claim that Charlotte is "showing off", "playing around", that she is a "silly stupid girl" has been made ad nauseum.!
There are those creepy posters on here that only want to BELITTLE and TRIVIALIZE Charlotte and her efforts.
Lets give the girl our best wishes and discuss in a civilized manner her achievements and or short cummings based on fact not on prittle prattle of DUBIOUS posters!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 02:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
You got it all wrong, horseygal. Charlotte and his trainer seem to be then only ones who want her inmediately looking like an experienced champion.

What most of us are saying is exactly the oposite. That she lacks experiences and she should ride easier competions (the same way other riders of her level do), and do a serious and slow work with her horses, instead of trying to compete among the champions when it is too early and she obviously isn't ready yet.

We want her to grow and learn. She and her trainer are the ones that for some unknown reason want to show off.
Agreed. I actually like her- I think she's beautiful, and I love seeing pictures of her with Princess Caroline. There's no ill will here at all, and it's a bit insulting that legitimate criticisms of how her riding career is being handled are being treated like attacks. I'd like to see her riding well and forming really great relationships with her horses (and maybe she does- I don't know. I do know that riding is definitely not a glamorous sport when it's done correctly though)

Here's hoping she slows down a bit, and does fewer competitions and more serious training, and she grows as a rider.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyromanov View Post
Very beautiful pic

http://img6.ppsj.com.cn/392/3924/2968862436.gif

Equestrian Lifestyle Magazine's Photos - Profile Pictures | Facebook

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

very nice pictshares on flickr : Charlotte Casiraghi for Gucci Equestrian | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Heir Apparent

A spitting image of her mother !!

That last pic is my all time favourite of Charlotte.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post

I totally agree with you! No pretention in Charlotte's words, she talked in a very simple way. I really loved what she said about books (I'm fond of reading) and I found very sensitive all that she said about them. I even wish there were more interviews of Charlotte about litterature, it's very interesting. It's an other part of herself, a very interesting part of herself, a part I like a lot.

As horse riding is concerned, I regret that all that is said about Charlotte is quite considered as insults. If we don't really approve her behaviour, we have the right to say it without being attacked. Personnally, I don't hate Charlotte. She a very beautiful woman, sensitive and clever, but I think that she should improve in horse riding before competiting at high level. I disapprove some of her words about the Olympic Games, the glamorous side of horse riding, but I don't hate her, and you know what? I even quite admire her for doing it. Indeed, she's a wealthy youg girl, often introduced as a socialite. But with horse riding, she's trying to give a sense to her life. She could simply live of her family wealth, as Eugenie does, for exemple. She could live in a scandalous way, just to make people talk about her, as Hilton or Karadashian girls. But no, she's trying to do something. Something very sane and very difficult, because horse riding is difficult, but for the moment she keeps on in it. And I hope she's going to keep on, and to improve.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
A spitting image of her mother !!

That last pic is my all time favourite of Charlotte.
yes very much like when her mother was young
Old 06-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

LovelyKate I agree with the pen portrait of Charlotte the Rider, and Charlotte the Grimaldi personality.
You also mentioned Charlotte the Socialite.

There is no reason she could not keep these three (and more) in a kind of creative tension.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Le Jumping is part of the Global Champions Tour.

Charlotte sponsors one event in which she will take part.
(Une épreuve par équipe parrainée par charlotte Casiraghi qui y participera)

http://www.monaco.mc/Pages/Accueil/m...le_les_chevaux__
Old 06-26-2011, 06:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Le Jumping is part of the Global Champions Tour.

Charlotte sponsors one event in which she will take part.
(Une épreuve par équipe parrainée par charlotte Casiraghi qui y participera)

http://www.monaco.mc/Pages/Accueil/m...le_les_chevaux__
Renata, i cannot see your link

Plus some videos of Charlotte: Search results - Gallery - Global Champions Tour
Old 06-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if she'll come to Portugal, next weekend to participate in Estoril GCT...
Old 06-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
I wonder if she'll come to Portugal, next weekend to participate in Estoril GCT...
I don't think she will due to Albert and Charlene's wedding.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbaby318 View Post
I don't think she will due to Albert and Charlene's wedding.

You're right Sugarbaby... I totally forgot about that!