The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1081  
Old 06-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
ust ignore the troll that has yet to show her expertise, but continues to run her mouth.....
Well, the "troll" is the one who more than a year ago predicted that Charlotte would ruin her 2 talented horses, Troy and Tintero. And the troll was right. Troy won't jump anymore with Charlotte and Tintero is being riden by Thierry in lower competitions than he used to take part into. Charlotte can't ride them higher than 1'20 anymore.

Now, the "troll" is predicting that as the season advances Charlotte will start getting worse and worse results with these 2 horses. One year from now they will be more eliminations than course completed and they will be as psycologicaly destroyed as Tintero and Troy and she will try a couple of new victims.

Let's see one year from now, who is right, the troll or the cheerers.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1082  
Old 06-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,360
Charlotte got a 5th place on Thursday. She's not doing that bad. People's expectations are way too high for her. You don't become an expert overnite. It takes alot of practicing and competing. Laura Kraut, one of the top women riders in the world, did a superman over Cedric's head today. I don't see anyone complaining about what a bad rider she is. And don't say it's because she is in a more difficult class. Each is competing against their peer class. Some seem to hold Charlotte to a higher standard.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1083  
Old 06-11-2011, 05:12 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco
Charlotte got a 5th place on Thursday. She's not doing that bad. People's expectations are way too high for her. You don't become an expert overnite. It takes alot of practicing and competing. Laura Kraut, one of the top women riders in the world, did a superman over Cedric's head today. I don't see anyone complaining about what a bad rider she is. And don't say it's because she is in a more difficult class. Each is competing against their peer class. Some seem to hold Charlotte to a higher standard.
Honestly, if she were riding her horses well and considerately through less tough courses, I'd be cheering for her, no matter what place she came in. Most of us who love horses will never be world champions, but we're in it for the love of the horses themselves. A good rider tries to make any horse the best horse it can be, and you have to be pretty honest with yourself about your own abilities to be able to do that. It's not that she's a bad rider, it's that she's trying to skip steps- buying expensive, talented horses who are at a higher level than she is yet, and she's relying on them to carry her through these courses, which doesn't help either the horse or the rider to progress. I'd like to see her take on a less well trained horse, work on basics and training with her talented coaches, and eventually move the horses she's worked with to higher levels, having gained the ability to teach and help them. If that happens, I'll admire her riding career the same way I admire Zara Phillips', but until then, I feel bad for her horses. They need a rider who is as good as they are.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1084  
Old 06-11-2011, 05:50 PM
palomasie's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coimbra, Portugal
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Honestly, if she were riding her horses well and considerately through less tough courses, I'd be cheering for her, no matter what place she came in. Most of us who love horses will never be world champions, but we're in it for the love of the horses themselves. A good rider tries to make any horse the best horse it can be, and you have to be pretty honest with yourself about your own abilities to be able to do that. It's not that she's a bad rider, it's that she's trying to skip steps- buying expensive, talented horses who are at a higher level than she is yet, and she's relying on them to carry her through these courses, which doesn't help either the horse or the rider to progress. I'd like to see her take on a less well trained horse, work on basics and training with her talented coaches, and eventually move the horses she's worked with to higher levels, having gained the ability to teach and help them. If that happens, I'll admire her riding career the same way I admire Zara Phillips', but until then, I feel bad for her horses. They need a rider who is as good as they are.
Fully agree with you!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1085  
Old 06-11-2011, 09:00 PM
LovelyKate's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ...., France
Posts: 599
It seems that we won't all agree on the same point. We should stop what is going to turn into an argument, before a moderator decide to close the thread, to clean it up. Maybe I've been a bit excessive in my posts, but I just wanted to express my feelings about what I saw. I love horses so much that I disapprove all this spoilt, that's all.
Maybe we should talk about something else?
I have felt in love with this picture of Charlotte and her mother. This pic is full of tenderness, it's beautiful. It makes me remember all these sweet pics in which Charlotte, as a teenager, had always a tender gesture for her mother.
__________________
My galleries about Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Charlotte Casiraghi : april - june 2011, june 2011 - ... .
Reply With Quote
  #1086  
Old 06-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
Here, here - LOVE Leslie, she's an accomplished rider, with a line of medals to prove that.....just ignore the troll that has yet to show her expertise, but continues to run her mouth.....I enjoy this forum, and love to see that Charlotte continues to improve; however, you're always learning from your horse, especially one that is new to you, or your barn - once that synergy is achieved, both improve. I just wish she'd try a different coach to get a different perspective. I know once our kids are in school full-time, I'm re-dedicating myself to riding (been off for a few years) - really miss it!
Leslie is great. And Molly is one of my favorite people on the planet. If either of them told me to canter up to the roof of the indoor arena and jump, I would nod and do it. In this sport when you have someone who truly has 'the gift' it's an unmatched experience for the rest of us. One of the wonderful things about Leslie is that in the 25 years I've ridden with her, I think I've seen her take back on the reins once. She always finds the distance on the gallop. OH, and she ALWAYS turns in the air, kids! She won the Olympics and the Worlds doing it. She's spent 25 years trying to teach me to do it as well as she does it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1087  
Old 06-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,360
I read an interview with Jan Tops where he said Charlotte does not ride the kind of horses that the best riders have. He helped her pick them out because they were appropriate for her. He is one of the top horse traders in the world. It baffles me how some people on this thread seem to know more about showjumping than the world experts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1088  
Old 06-11-2011, 11:39 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco
I read an interview with Jan Tops where he said Charlotte does not ride the kind of horses that the best riders have. He helped her pick them out because they were appropriate for her. He is one of the top horse traders in the world. It baffles me how some people on this thread seem to know more about showjumping than the world experts.
Do you have a link to that interview? I'd be interested to read it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1089  
Old 06-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
It seems that we won't all agree on the same point. We should stop what is going to turn into an argument, before a modetor decide to close the thread, to clean it up. Maybe I've been a bit excessive in my posts, but I just wanted to express my feelings about what I saw. I love horses so much that I disapprove all this spoilt, that's all.
Maybe we should talk about something else?
I have felt in love with this picture of Charlotte and her mother. This pic is full of tenderness, it's beautiful. It makes me remember all these sweet pics in which Charlotte, as a teenager, had always a tender gesture for her mother.
I've always felt that tender connection between Caro and her kids, but particularly Charlotte. Even more cute is how Char takes the maternal position. Even when she.was like 15 she would be bending over Caro kissing her head. That pic is cute and reminds me of that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1090  
Old 06-12-2011, 03:00 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
And what if Charlotte doesn´t have the best technique? She cannot be a rider anyway, and practice the sport, and try to become a professional? Time will tell if she´s good enough to achieve something, but I find some criticism a little hard.
Thi is obviously one of her passions, not everyone is perfect in what they do. And after all, we don´t know how much time she dedicates to horse riding.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1091  
Old 06-12-2011, 03:14 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
And what if Charlotte doesn´t have the best technique? She cannot be a rider anyway, and practice the sport, and try to become a professional? Time will tell if she´s good enough to achieve something, but I find some criticism a little hard.
Thi is obviously one of her passions, not everyone is perfect in what they do. And after all, we don´t know how much time she dedicates to horse riding.
Understood, and I'm not trying to criticize Charlotte as a person or personally at all. My point had nothing to do with who she is, and it's a criticism I'd make of anyone else I thought was doing the same thing. She may be truly dedicated, and if she is, I hope she does what she needs to do to improve at the sport, but I think that at the moment, she's riding at a higher level than she should be, and I think it's because her horses are carrying her, and there doesn't appear to be a true partnership. That may change as she continues to grow as an athlete, time will tell.

I do kind of laugh at the idea of riding as a glamorous sport though :) My boots are generally covered in muck, and I don't think I own a pair of breeches that doesn't have at least one stain. You truly have to be privileged for it to be a fashionable activity! But I hope she takes the time to groom her own horses, clean stalls, feed, etc. It's not the pretty side of things, but it goes a long way towards building your partnership with your horse.

I think that's one thing I really like about Zara Phillips and The Princess Royal. It's uncannily easy to imagine both of them working around a stable. Charlotte's always so impeccable and magazine spread worthy that I have a hard time picturing it. (Which doesn't mean she doesn't do it, just that I can't imagine it)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1092  
Old 06-12-2011, 04:01 AM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here and there, Greece
Posts: 1,059
I don't understand why she is competing in a high level when she is not ready for it yet. Anyway, i don't want to continue this subject, too. I just expressed and supported my opinion, without offending anyone.
I like what her mother wore in Day 3! She has a great casual style
__________________
Life is to be explored
Reply With Quote
  #1093  
Old 06-12-2011, 07:04 AM
LovelyKate's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ...., France
Posts: 599
^Both Caroline and Charlotte have a great casual style. According to me, these are the kind of outfits in which they are the most stunning! Especially Charlotte. She was VERY beautiful and classy in these white jeans, with her black blaser, on day 1. She was the image of the elegance!

Has someone a better vue of Charlotte's earings on day 2? She never wears earings, I think, while horse riding. I found it nice that she wore some, with her red blaser. A very feminine touch!
__________________
My galleries about Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Charlotte Casiraghi : april - june 2011, june 2011 - ... .
Reply With Quote
  #1094  
Old 06-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,360
I think I read the Jan Tops interview on this thread . I don't keep a record. Charlotte has gone to 6 horses this year so I am guessing she is or is working up to 6 hrs a day training when at home. That really doesn't give her time to clean stables. I doubt any of the professional riders do that either. They have grooms. Regarding Zara, she has much more freedom than Charlotte.Charlotte is a very important part of Monaco's marketing campaign. She has responsibilities that Zara doesn't. That's not to take anything away from Zara. She has worked very hard to get where is she.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1095  
Old 06-12-2011, 01:39 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco
I think I read the Jan Tops interview on this thread . I don't keep a record. Charlotte has gone to 6 horses this year so I am guessing she is or is working up to 6 hrs a day training when at home. That really doesn't give her time to clean stables. I doubt any of the professional riders do that either. They have grooms. Regarding Zara, she has much more freedom than Charlotte.Charlotte is a very important part of Monaco's marketing campaign. She has responsibilities that Zara doesn't. That's not to take anything away from Zara. She has worked very hard to get where is she.
Yeesh. Six horses at one hour a day with each... If that's accurate, it's no wonder she doesn't have a good partnership with her horses. That has to be built. Yes professionals have grooms, but certainly not to do everything- a good rider is the one ultimately responsible for the horse. Are there any interviews available with Charlotte about her riding or any pictures/video that shows her being affectionate to her horses?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1096  
Old 06-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Yeesh. Six horses at one hour a day with each... If that's accurate, it's no wonder she doesn't have a good partnership with her horses. That has to be built. Yes professionals have grooms, but certainly not to do everything- a good rider is the one ultimately responsible for the horse. Are there any interviews available with Charlotte about her riding or any pictures/video that shows her being affectionate to her horses?
The've been a couple of clips of her petting a horse when someone else was riding it, or while reciving prizes. Still waiting for a single clip of her caressing her horse while riding, or loosening a girth.
I distincly remember her jumping off her horse last year in Monaco and handling it to her groom without a single look back, a compliment, or as I say, loosening the girth.

And she has responsabilities in Monaco? Because she goes to a couple of parties per year? Yeah, I guess that attending the Rose Ball and the Grand Prix must be exhausting

And the fact that she owns 6 horses doesn't mean she rides them. She probably has payed riders to do most of the job for her.

I still think the same thing I've been thinking for some years now about Charlotte. Very few people in this world are really talented. It must be very difficult for a rich heiress who's born under the spotligh and who has spent her whole life among or has had the chance to meet scores of brilliant talented people (the best designers, the best sportsmen, the best artists, etc...) to accept that as most people are, you are just average talented.
But even so, there are thing about her equestrian career that I really can't understand. Charlotte hasn't been riding for so long. While she was a student she probably rode once or twice a week (I kind of remember her saying something like that in an interview. elle?), and now she's only been back for 3 years. Even the most talented riders, don't take part on such high level events after only 3 years of serious riding. There is not explanation as to why she wants to go that quickly. Does she think she can do better than most people?

Also, it's weird that she said in L'Éperon that she wanted to do to the Olympics. I understand why she said it in her preview interviews. The journalist knew nothing about horses, they probably thought it was an intelligent question, and to answer yes was a boutade, yes, but frankly, most readers wouldn't realize it.
But for L´ Éperon? A magazine written and read by equestrian people? She should have had more sense.

One thing on which I agree with all of you , though: it's wonderful to see how affectionate and caring she is towards Caroline. The complicity between mother and daughter it's obvious, and their relationship looks so effortless and natural. Charlotte looks awfully sweet and loving when she is with her mother. It's wonderful to see them both together.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1097  
Old 06-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,500
Azure - Charlotte has as much right to compete as anyone else, in whatever sport she wishes.

Grace's family and forebears excelled in a number of sports, and the family seems to have the "sporting gene", to the extent that even the youngest members get the chance to compete in something that interests them.

I still have the interview with PA and Charlotte where Albert is extolling the talents of Char and Pauline.

Let's rejoice in such a sporty family, not knock them...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1098  
Old 06-12-2011, 02:24 PM
sugarbaby318's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Yeesh. Six horses at one hour a day with each... If that's accurate, it's no wonder she doesn't have a good partnership with her horses. That has to be built. Yes professionals have grooms, but certainly not to do everything- a good rider is the one ultimately responsible for the horse. Are there any interviews available with Charlotte about her riding or any pictures/video that shows her being affectionate to her horses?
There was an interview in Elle France. She talked about her connection to horses, and what amazing animals they are, or something along those lines. I believe it is posted somewhere in this thread. Or you could try googling it. She also did one with Hola! That one was about the Gucci Masters.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1099  
Old 06-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Leslie is great. And Molly is one of my favorite people on the planet. If either of them told me to canter up to the roof of the indoor arena and jump, I would nod and do it. In this sport when you have someone who truly has 'the gift' it's an unmatched experience for the rest of us. One of the wonderful things about Leslie is that in the 25 years I've ridden with her, I think I've seen her take back on the reins once. She always finds the distance on the gallop. OH, and she ALWAYS turns in the air, kids! She won the Olympics and the Worlds doing it. She's spent 25 years trying to teach me to do it as well as she does it.

Great barn to be training in, Scooter!
But you will have to show me a video of Leslie turning in the air to convince me. I've been googling her, watching videos of her on youtube

(like this very nice video that show the evolution of Extreme from green horse to clear olympic course:
)


And I am still waiting for a single jump where she makes the horse turn in the air. She NEVER does it! Not over a single jump, certainly not at the olympics. Not in the World Cup:

Not even during this jump-off with really close turns:


Of course, maybe I just didn't find the right video, so I sincerely stand to be corrected, by you or by any of the posters who said that top riders make their horses turn in the air, and I would love to see it, since it's something I've never seen in my life.
Video, please?

Also, I am clumsy in english so probably I dont' understand correctly what you mean when you speak of taking back on the reins, probably there is some kind of missunderstanding. What I understand is pulling on the reins to seek the correct distance when you approach the jump? If you mean that, well, Leslie does it quite a few times on those videos above (nothing wrong about it, of course, even the better, most gifted riders in the world need to do it from time to time when running difficult courses).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1100  
Old 06-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,360
I don't know if this is turning in the air or jumping at tight angles but the first rider in this videio is cutting really tight turns. She won the 1 star competition that Charlotte was in at the Gucci Masters.

YouTube - ‪GUCCI MASTERS 2010 - CSI 1* / Gucci Masters‬‏

I don't know how to download this. The title on You Tube is : Gucci Masters-CSI 1*/Gucci Masters
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life agisele Princess Caroline and Family 862 12-25-2011 03:33 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2005 - July 2010 carlota Archives 394 07-23-2010 02:23 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]