Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A supermodel is someone who gets paid millions of dollars. I am guessing that is Charlotte's case. She has the face for it. As for Vogue, Danielle Alt seemed pretty pleased with the job Charlotte did.

Of course, she hoped that with Charlotte on the cover she'll earn a lot of money. But I personnally thought that Charlotte lacked of presence, and that very few pics in the whole shooting were empty of life. If she got millions of dollars for this, it's a bad employed money.

A supermodel is someone who gets paid millions of dollars. I am guessing that is Charlotte's case. She has the face for it. As for Vogue, Danielle Alt seemed pretty pleased with the job Charlotte did.

She may have the face, although I find her a bit too pouty, but she definitely hasn`t the body or the height of a true model.She was definitely paid for her name not her talent in front of the camera or her success as an equestrian.

Yes its very LOL the mask of them fell to the ground, ignore to disguise the bad moon, they dont understand nothing from show jumping, and the rozier are stupids idiots, like they (above) said - thats way they (roziers) win races - LOL. ah ah aah ahh

they dont understand nothing from show jumping. Sorry to by so honest.

Hello, :flowers:

Let's forget the technique ShowJumping question stuf for a moment to the expert personnel ... :whistling:

Let´s stay focused in the best player in town ...CHAR. :lol:

Locks like CHAR. dont have any luck with horses, they ALWAYS looking it suspiciously, and suspicious to her (notice the look of the winning horse in this competition) maybe one day she can find a horse that trusts her enough, and the two in harmony reach the objectives ... the victory. :flowers:

Dont ask me any technical stuf from polo, because I´m a total ignorant in that sport. :lol:

(By the way the idiots [Rozier family] win again another competion yesterday in Göteborg at 5* CSI-World FEI event) :whistling:

Do not forget one important detail in our lives ... learn & live, and live & learning. :flowers:

Have a nice Jumps & CRASH Ltd. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that she is going to try to be a model! She is going to be the image of the campaign, which is very different.
Many celebrities who don't have the presence, body or age to be models are image of different luxury brands, like Madonna, Sharon Stone, Keira Knightley, Scarlett Johansson... I believe that she will be more like an special guest than a pro.
Still, weird occupation for someone who wants to be taken so seriously and doesn't consider herself a void socialite...

I don't know what you think but imo is really a shame the way charlotte "careers" have been spiralling down. The girl is not silly, and she has so many real interests and seemed passionated about so many different things: horses, philosophy, press, sustainability...

And after so much trying and talking it looks like it's just going to be... pretty face handing trophies :-(

I agree with TrepStep about the image and not a true model. Magazines don't pay much. It's all about the public exposure that one gets. But companies like Gucci and Cartier wouldn't hire her if their sales didn't increase. And if she weren't handing out trophies, riding or being on magazines I wouldn't know any of these events happened. She is a good promoter. You might not consider it a job but it is.

Has anyone seen anything about the Nice competition next week? There doesn't seem to be anything on the internet.

Charlotte didn't go to the Hermes event last year.They are the rivals of the Gucci owner-Selma Hyak's husband.

The Nice facility looks new and Dianne Fissore, from Monaco is involved. Maybe that is where that Gucci money is going. I thought maybe she was training at Vidauban this spring, but maybe not.

Both Roziers will be there and Thierry is riding Troy and Madison D'Olgy. That means Thierry is still her coach. I was hoping that she had changed and moved away from Fontainebleu. That also explains why she was MIA. The paps usually don't bother her there.Her riding is doomed. She is too loyal.

It's really weird that she is not going to Nice.
Monaco is involved, Thierry is there...
Unless she has some really important event scheduled for this weekend I really don't understand it.

Excuse me ... PLEASE ... is any one here who realy understand about ShowJumping, with FEI.org rules ????? :bang:

I´m not wrote you are all naive ... but ... you are ALL confuse, FEI.org, with GCT, Olympics, and national events, and worse them that the privat events of ShowJumpings, are starting to appear here, and there. :lol:

PLEASE, wait for my response. :flowers:

As I have competed as a show jumper in the high amateur/grand prix ranks for 25 years in the US and Canada, and have been trained all that time by someone who has 2 olympic medals and a world championship (Leslie Burr Howard), I think I have a fair grasp of the subject. What division do you compete in Marie Antoinette, that makes you such an expert?....I await your response.

A couple of posts about the Oscars and a possible attendance have been removed as off topic!
Thanks for your understanding!

Hello, :flowers:

Or as I refer to about 3 or 4 weeks ago ... http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...rt-36-june-2011-february-2012-a-31319-35.html in the note/post 687, Here it is ... CHAR. participating in a event riding very simple, in the south of france, very near by from Guess Where.

http://www.horse-timing.com/web/Chrono/data/nice12/week1/s_8_nice12_w1.pdf

http://www.horse-timing.com/web/Chrono/data/nice12/week1/r_8_nice12_w1.pdf

The results are very good, at the moment. :flowers:

I have a cousin who live very near by, and (I dont pledge) maybe he make a videos from her and put where for everybody, see ... so dont stress. PLEASE. :flowers:

On the contrary, I'm sure Charlotte is competing in Nice to help promote this new competition. The organizer is a Monagasque and is the President of the Monte Carlo GCT leg of the tour.

I just went to the GCT site to look for Charlotte's profile, and she's no longer has a GCT rider profile that I can find and none of her horses are listed. Last year, she had one and so did all of her horses (I think I posted links to them several pages back.)

I find that very interesting.

I just went to the GCT site to look for Charlotte's profile, and she's no longer has a GCT rider profile that I can find and none of her horses are listed. Last year, she had one and so did all of her horses (I think I posted links to them several pages back.)

I find that very interesting.

Gee thats odd given how hard she has been training in the last few weeks:whistling:

So, she gave up CGT? Maybe it's because she wants to focus on easier ones, as the Nice one. The next weeks will be very interesting, because we'll see what she's going to do now. I can't empeach myself to wonder if all of this moving in her life is linked to her new love story.
As Fan of Monaco, I don't know what's the problem with the revelation of Charlotte taking part to Nice competition. It's obvious that she's there to promote it. And it's obvious too that if we know it, paps already know it!

So, she gave up CGT? Maybe it's because she wants to focus on easier ones, as the Nice one.
As Fan of Monaco, I don't know what's the problem with the revelation of Charlotte taking part to Nice competition. It's obvious that she's there to promote it. And it's obvious too that if we know it, paps already know it!

I have no idea if it means she's given up the GCT- she's just not featured on the website any more. My hunch is that she hasn't given up the GCT, but that she's backing off of participating in it as much. I don't see her "quitting" all at once- I imagine there will be a gradual decline in her visibility as part of the tour and she'll do fewer and fewer competitions until she stops. That's pure speculation on my part, but that's what I think will happen.

Yeah, i agree with HRHHermione.
I guess that she will somehow stop her hobby for good. Maybe she finds it boring. Or she may stop competing and/or just do it only for her personal entertainment. I have never seen her so interested in riding and i don't think if she is even really excited with this! But time will tell. All i can say is that she generally seems to be influenced by her partners of her life. I don't mean that Gad is the reason for her current changes. But maybe of her style and way of her now life. Which includes all her interests and so on.

Last edited:
Charlotte is still listed on the GCT site. I don't think she has ever been listed under the Profiles tag. That is for the pros. If you go under Results, Monte Carlo 2011, Pro-Am and click on Charlotte's name, her profile will come up.

Yesterday Charlotte came in 22/86 and won $25 in the CSI 1*, 1.20m on Reubens Quibelle. She was eliminated in the 2nd rounds of the 1.30 on Carrie Duff z and 1.20 on Troy.

Today she came in 7/41 in the 1.20 and won $40 on Troy, 16/38 on Ruebens in the 1.30 and eliminated in the first round on Carrie at 1.30m.

Thierry has been riding Tintero and Madison D'Olgy in CSI 2* events as high as 1.45m.

Last edited:
She always gets her best results when she hasn't been riding for a while and specially when she rides new horses.
Quite telling, actually.

It looks like she's been eliminated once again. On Troy in the 1.35
5 eliminations on 3 days, and it isn't over... She must feel awfully embarrased, not the best of moods to ride.

But the truth is that this last elimination was a given. What the hell was she doing riding a 1.35 with Troy when half the times they are eliminated at 1.20?

There is no way that such an absurd decision could have ended well.

Here are some new pics dated March 2nd. Pierre was there to support Charlotte,
but while he looked quite relaxed and happy, it obviously wasn't Charlotte's best day:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gallery **

She looks completely lost, like she doesn't understand why things went so badly. Not hard to figure out really, no matter how well you look in the clothes it still takes a lot of continuous hardwork and practice to get the horse over the jumps.

She's lost her confidence. She was progressing nicely in 2010. Get a new coach Charlotte!

Yes she needs a new coach and not new horses. She looks very sad and disappointed. I like that Pierre came to see her. It has been a long time since i saw those two together.

Last edited:
Oh my God this first pic is awful! Did she cry? She seems completely desperate. Someone has to help her to stop this mess, the situation can't go on. Horse riding is a wonderful sport but it can be very violent if you are afraid: seating on the back of a 1m70 animal, following him in his jumps, adaptating his speed to the place, all of this can impress you a lot if you are bad prepared. I don't have the heart to blame Charlotte: of course she doesn't train enough, but she's courageous enough to still ride (and to ride in public events with people looking at her, paparazzis...) despite all her fears. I don't know why she goes on: is it because of her Gucci contract? Or because of her sense of perfectionnism? It can't be because she feels some pleasure to the situation, the pics clearly show that's not the case. I really hope that she's going to take a decision which would allow her to stop suffering this way. Poor girl. In the past I worried a lot for her horses. Now, I'm also worried for her. That's not good at all to subit such a pression.

I don't buy the "perfectionist" legend.
She may be stuborn. But stuborness and perfectionism are two very different things.
A perfectionist person is someone who works and works even minor and uninportant flaws and isn't satisfied until somethings is 100% right.
A perfectionist cares about doing things right more than anything, even if it means slow progress.
A perfectionist wouldn't ride a 1.30 if she doesn't feel that she has mastered 1.20 and if I am not wrong Charlotte has never won a single competition, neither at 1.20, 1.15 or even 1.10 level. Her attitute seems to me the oposite of perfectionism.

My impression is that her current situation is a consequence of vanity, laziness and stuborness.
Vanity or lack of humilty that prevents her from accepting what her real equestrian level is and take part in the right low amateur level competitions she should be riding.
Laziness that prevents her to work with her horses instead of partying and travelling around as much as she does.
Stuborness that makes her unable to accept that she is walking a wrong path and she needs to search another trainer instead of repeating the same mistakes once and again.

If she keeps going this way I give her one more year.
At some point she must get tired of looking like a fool day after day. I don't think there is any other rider in the CSI circuit who gets eliminated every single. She's probably becoming a joke among the other riders.
As soon as her Gucci contract is over (I think it was a 3 years deal) she probably will be saying good bye to competion.

And finally, today she was eliminated with Troy and Carry. I don't know whether she didn't ride Ruebens or if I am just unable to find it:

http://www.horse-timing.com/web/Chrono/data/nice12/week1/r_24_nice12_w1.pdf

http://www.horse-timing.com/web/Chrono/data/nice12/week1/r_23_nice12_w1.pdf

Frankly, this is beyond embarrasing. Every single horse she rides refuses to jump.
I had never seen anything like that.

Charlotte is still listed on the GCT site. I don't think she has ever been listed under the Profiles tag. That is for the pros. If you go under Results, Monte Carlo 2011, Pro-Am and click on Charlotte's name, her profile will come up.

My mistake! I apologize for being misleading. I had a much easier time finding it last time I looked, and when I couldn't find it this time, I jumped to conclusions.

Frankly, this is beyond embarrasing. Every single horse she rides refuses to jump.
I had never seen anything like that.

I totally agree, Trepstep. It is absolutely insane that these horses are refusing to jump at this level. It's like she never learned to ride at all, and just woke up one day and said "Horsies are pretty! I think I'll go be a champion show jumper today!"

Back
Top Bottom