Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last galleries are cute, they obviously had a great time, and in disguise and all. Nice video too.

Some of you are too harsh and rude to Charlotte. In the end we don´t know how much effort she makes and how many hours she dedicates every day to horseriding. She may not be the best rider, but you read too much into it.

By her own admission she only rides twice per week. That's enough to say that is just a hobby for her.
Harsh and rude? One judges by results. She's no goddess at all, and criticizable like any other human being.

I have problems with people with that attitude. Funnily enough, it usually happens with those who have an incredible amount of money or have their parents pave their way in.

I don't know... I usually agree with you and maybe I misantertood something.

I mean, Charlotte has a right to have a expensive hobby if she can pay for it! She is under no obligation to be a pro. If she just wants to ride a couple of days a week, that's nice and healthy and enough to enjoy horses...

My problem with her is when she tries to pass as a pro, or a real horsewoman, or someone with olympic ambitions. Or when she ruins horse after horse trying to look as something she is not.

And of course this uninteresting and pointless interviews where she goes on and on about who special and marvellous and incredible it is to ride a horse. She looks like a 15 year old telling her friends in her schoolyard who wonderful her weekend was.
But I guess she's been too pampered to be a real grown up.

But as far as she is not ruining horses and pretending to be something she is not, I think she has every right to have a expensive hobbies and enjoy horses 2 days a week.
I mean, she is not a horsewoman, just someone who likes riding horses. But nothing wrong with that. Most horse riders are just amateurs like herself!

That is pretty harsh. She shows up every day and tries to improve her craft. And may I ask were you in the room when 'the humans arent honest with her'? She buys the best horses she can and engages the best trainer she can. Not everyone has a natural talent. I would like to also point out to the critics, Horses are not cars. They have opinions and minds of their own. I give her the credit for trying to move up to the next level in a physically demanding sport that requires personal bravery. It's not tennis.

I don't think FanofMonaco was harsh, scooter, maybe you misunderstood her but I agree with every thing she says.
Charlotte doesn't show up everyday, she rides a couple of days a week. She's just said in Madame Figaro interview. She works much less than most amateurs I ride with, people who have to juggle a real work life, kids, who have money issues, and since they really love horses manage to find more than a couple of days a week to ride, and they don't call it "une activité quasi-professionelle"

And she doesn't buy the horses who are right for her. She buys better horses that she can manage, probably because she thinks she deserves them, and she ruins them one after another one because she stubbornly keeps on taking part in competitions she is not ready to enter.

I mean, she's been eliminated 3 days in a row!!

And about her not listening to the people around her, Fanof Monaco says that either she doesn't listen or people around her aren't honest, and I totally agree. No, we haven't been in a room with her but either she doesn't listen to the people around her or she is surrounded by crooks . No pro in his right mind will honestly counsel the type of career Charlotte is following.

And she is not engaging the best trainer she can find. She's stuck with the only trainer she knows, because she knows him since she was a child and he publicly kisses her ass and tells interviewers that she is sooo talented and she is going to the Olympics.

I agree with FanofMonaco. This is a harsh humility lesson, but it will be good for her.

That was a cute video! ^ Thanks for posting

Ohhh!!! The video was removed before I had a chance to see it! Anyone knows where could I see it?

And she looks cute and fun in that disguise!Very nice! I would love to see more of it!

On her riding skills: did you see the smaller jumps? That's what 1m. 1'05? Not more. And she still doesn't look right: Charlotte Casiraghi Riding At The International Gucci

She should keep on competing at that high for a while before moving on.

Last edited by a moderator:
trepstrep said:
Ohhh!!! The video was removed before I had a chance to see it! Anyone knows where could I see it?

Go to YouTube and type in Gucci Masters 2011; that's how I was able to view it. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Something isn't right. The video where Charlotte appears has been removed. I've been looking for it in youtube and all the videos of the Gucci Masters 2011 are there like yesterday but the one featuring Charlotte isn't anymore.
Something smells fishy.

Something isn't right. The video where Charlotte appears has been removed. I've been looking for it in youtube and all the videos of the Gucci Masters 2011 are there like yesterday but the one featuring Charlotte isn't anymore.
Something smells fishy.

I watched it last night on YouTube and had no problem. What's up, I wonder?

That was Edwina and Charlotte's costume. I was not being harsh with Charlotte. She said she was going professional and wanted to be in the Olympics. I took her at her word. That means practicing 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Now I find out that she is practicing much less and it explains her poor results this year. I think her intentions are good but maybe she has spread herself too thin in her activities and needs to learn how to say no. Regarding her horses, she is relying on the expertise of Jan Tops and Thierry Rosier. She doesn't have the knowledge to pick out the best horses for herself. I still thinks she needs a new coach. Someone who would be willing to fire her if she didn't tow the line. If she wants to be taken seriously then she needs to go to riding boot camp with no distractions. If not ,she needs to sell most of her horses and continue as a hobby,and call it that. She's not doing herself any favors by pretending to be a pro and falling off her horse every week-end.

^^^^^
My concern is more for the horses she rides than for her. Poor riders can do real damage to the confidence of a good horse and it takes a lot of time & work with a good rider to restore their confidence.

Thank you everybody for all these pics!!
I was too late to see Charlotte's video. Could someone describe me what she did?
I love Charlotte's blue suit on december 4. It suits her well, and she's incredibely classy.

I don't know if it was the same video, but I saw one.
You have to go to the guccimasters site, go to the media library and there you'll find the video.

You can also see Charlotte in the Grand Prix video, delivering the trophies. I'm so glad Pénélope Leprévost won! I love her riding style.

I hope this link works:
GUCCI MASTERS :: 2 au 4 décembre 2011 :: Paris Nord Villepinte

Last edited:
That was Edwina and Charlotte's costume. I was not being harsh with Charlotte. She said she was going professional and wanted to be in the Olympics. I took her at her word. That means practicing 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Now I find out that she is practicing much less and it explains her poor results this year. I think her intentions are good but maybe she has spread herself too thin in her activities and needs to learn how to say no. Regarding her horses, she is relying on the expertise of Jan Tops and Thierry Rosier. She doesn't have the knowledge to pick out the best horses for herself. I still thinks she needs a new coach. Someone who would be willing to fire her if she didn't tow the line. If she wants to be taken seriously then she needs to go to riding boot camp with no distractions. If not ,she needs to sell most of her horses and continue as a hobby,and call it that. She's not doing herself any favors by pretending to be a pro and falling off her horse every week-end.

I completely agree,horse-riding is a wonderful hobby but if you want to do it professionally you have to practice a lot (just like in every other sport)!
Charlotte is a charming woman and I believe she has only good intentions but it must be quite frustrating to compete without winning some tournaments or noticing that she can´t keep up with the other riders.I wouldn´t like her to stop enjoying the sport or getting unhappy because she can´t live up to the high expectations therefore it would be better if she either decides to just ride for fun or spend more time and efforts to get better and show everyone that she has the strength and determination to win. ....Of course I would prefer to see her competing and win a tournament :) No matter what she is doing,she is a great figurehead for equestrainism and helps to promote the sport :flowers:

There was another video that was only on YouTube for a day. It showed Charlotte, Edwina and the 2 Gucci heads back in the stalls. Frieda gave Charlotte and Edwina their costumes and Charlotte said something like, Is there anyone I can find in this place that is willing to wear this and this? She holds up a box named Elvis kit and the blouse she was to wear. She was laughing.It was cute.

Last edited:
Thank you for this description. I regret a lot not having seen it. I guess that Charlotte is very jealous of her privacy, and so is Edwina, which would explain the disappearance of Edwina's wedding pics, and of this video.

There was another video that was only on YouTube for a day. It showed Charlotte, Edwina and the 2 Gucci heads back in the stalls. Frieda gave Charlotte and Edwina their costumes and Charlotte said something like, Is there anyone I can find in this place that is willing to wear this and this? She holds up a box named Elvis kit and the blouse she was to wear. She was laughing.It was cute.

Yes, I saw that as well and it was nice to see her turning directly to the camera and address her remarks to it. She was very animated and seemed to enjoy the moment.

:previous:Yes, she did and she has a lovely voice. She was really laughing at the situation; it was funny to see her crack up over it. Too bad the video no longer seems to be available.:sad:

What I meant Trepstep is, to quote myself, those with money or have parents to pave their way in, a lot of times have an attitude I absolutely detest. I would have to grovel my way in to get such contracts, get such horses (and don't get me wrong, my horse is an absolute good one and love him to death, but he ain't no Hickstead or Totilas) and everything that comes along. And sure, they earned it because being a proper rider is not the easiest thing and having such high expectations must not be so either, but I never see them grovel.
I don't want to compete, yet I ride 5 or 6 times a week. And I want to but also have to. I wanted him so I have to take care of him. That's my responsibility towards him.

I can't with people who have more horses then they have time for or spend time with. But alas, I don't know how it really goes, can only judge by results, interviews and photos ofcourse. But let's be honest here, her results are not good and when she says that she only trains 2-3 times a week? It makes my 'wtf' face come out.

:previous:Yes, she did and she has a lovely voice. She was really laughing at the situation; it was funny to see her crack up over it. Too bad the video no longer seems to be available.:sad:

Yes, she has a beautiful voice! And she expresses herself very well - I can only judge her by her french interviews, but she has a very elegant pronounciation, a very rich vocabulary. I wonder what you, english speaker, think about her english pronounciation, because I can't say anything about it.
I would have loved to watch this video, but I wasn't quick enough!!

Charlotte has kind of a French/British accent with a few American pronounced words, but is very easy to understand. She uses alot of words that have the same meaning in French and English but are used slightly differently in each language. I understand what she is saying but she doesn't use the same words that an American would. I may be unfair though. The English speak very different from Americans and she could just be speaking Brit. I would grade her very good. Her mom is flawless with a little bit of a British accent. PA and PS are also flawless but both have American accents. I don't understand French very well but thought Charlotte's pronunciation on the Monaco interview was easy to understand.

Last edited:
From the few words she said in English on YouTube, I thought her voice did have somewhat of a British intonation. It's also low in tone; I hesitate to say "deep" because it's certainly not mannish, but lovely to hear.

She's got a beautiful deep voice! I was very surprised the first time I heard her a couple of years ago, I thought she would sound more childish.

I think it's only natural that her english is nearer to british than american. She probably first started learning english at school, and in european schools we always learn british english, with oxford, cambridge, and BBC material.

And then of course Alex came along! She's been living in london, mixing with british people. It's only natural if she improved her english with Alex, and she speaks the way londoners do.
She's also very probably polished her accent over the last years. I remember reading in some online magazine a few years ago about Charlotte in a fashion show in London and the journalists talked about her nice french accent.

Thank you for these interesting comments. I also read in the past that Charlotte had a french accent. I'm totally convinced, like Trepstep, that living in London with an english made her prononciation improve a lot!
I love listening to her when she speaks french, she's very classy. As Trepstep, I thought that Charlotte's voice was childish, as her aunt Stephanie's one. I was very surprised the first time I heard her speaking!

Back
Top Bottom