Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quite obvious.. She made one faults with GI Joe, two with Tintero. They don't stand for points but for the fauls you made.
Every faul you make are 2 points on your match statistic added. And it's the point that you don't make any.
The fact she was faster with Tintero doesn't hold any point as she made one mistake more with him. Means 4 beatingpoints. GI Joe only made one mistake, means 2 beatingpoints.

It's very hard to explain in English.

^That's a perfect explanation. I wondered if they were faults instead of points, but I was confused because the column is labeled "pts" but I suppose faults are depicted as points on the results. Thank you. :flowers:

Quite obvious.. She made one faults with GI Joe, two with Tintero. They don't stand for points but for the fauls you made.
Every faul you make are 2 points on your match statistic added. And it's the point that you don't make any.
The fact she was faster with Tintero doesn't hold any point as she made one mistake more with him. Means 4 beatingpoints. GI Joe only made one mistake, means 2 beatingpoints.

It's very hard to explain in English.

Quite, but not totally exact. Every time you knock over a pole you get 4 points. That means that with Tintero she knocked over 1 obstacle.
With GIJoe she made no faults, and didn't knock over any pole. That would had given her a clean 0 points result but she was penalised because she was a bit too slow and got 2 penalty points.

I made a correction below. I noticed in yesterday's results from Villeneuve that gI Joe's owner is listed as Stal Tops, the stables owned by Jan Tops in Valkenswaard. Tintero's owner is simply on there as "Casiraghi." He must the horse Char purchased at last year's Fences. I figured that must be Tintero or Troy, or both.

1. Troy - born 30 March 2000 - KWPN/Chestnut - Sire: Calvados/Dam: Jasper
  2. GI-Joe - born 1998 - HOL/Gelding/Brown Sire: Graf Grannus/Dam: Grundyman - Owner: Stal Tops Previous owner: Lies Vandousselaere
  3. Tintero - born 1999 - BWP/Gelding/Grey - Sire: Mister Blue/Dam: Cash - Owner: Charlotte herself - Previous owner: Federico Fernández Senderos

Abbreviations:
KWPN = Dutch warmblood
HOL = Holsteiner
BWP = Belgian warmblood
Sire = Papa
Dam = Mama
:)

Last edited:
Quite, but not totally exact. Every time you knock over a pole you get 4 points. That means that with Tintero she knocked over 1 obstacle.
With GIJoe she made no faults, and didn't knock over any pole. That would had given her a clean 0 points result but she was penalised because she was a bit too slow and got 2 penalty points.
You're completely right. :flowers:

This "Queen International" event, as Bruno Press caption it, must have been the Villeneuve Loubet competition that Charlotte has been in for the last two weeks. She certainly competed on the day of 27 Feb. She competed with GI Joe on the Mardarick arena and in the results it says they didn't finish. You can see more results here: Villeneuve Loubet Tour Week 1 | Horse timing
We've been chatting a little bit about this event in Char's equestrian thread. :)

Poor Tintero. He can't compete with GI Joe, who must be a great sport horse to be adopted by Jan Tops. I'm a sucker for the underdogs myself. Tintero is the Little Engine That Could!!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
And I am a sucker for the dark colored horses. GI Joe qualifies. :ROFLMAO:

P Caroline reminds me a little of her mother at the same age with those glasses she wears - it seems to me she is enjoying been her own woman again when in public a chic confidence that only P Caroline has, which I hope she can maintain.:heart1:

As a little enlightenment: The competition is not called "Queen International
competition"! Queen International is the agency that originally offers the
pictures and brunopress named that source.

Princess Alexandra was there as well, supporting her big sister :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Picture 5 looks as if could actually be Char (of course we know it's Princess Caroline, but speaks to her youthful, playful looks).

Glistening Seas

:lol: A wonderful sense of humor seems to be a family trait!!! :lol:

however Caroline is very fortunate as with Stephanie too they have a timelessness to their looks they will look wonderful at any age. :shamrock:

Yes. ;D I am a big supporter of GI Joe.. White horses are only beautiful when they are around the age of 4-5. They still are when they're older, just a crime to get them clean after a day in the paddock.

^Well, yesterday Charlotte and GI Joe, I would say, triumphed. They did very well, ranked at #6 and had good times and no faults. But that is no surprise. Joey knows how to rock it!! They took a little bit of prize too. See results

She was supposed to jump with her horse Troy but retired.

Tintero is totally the Little Engine That Could. I love him. :) But he's not "good enough" (or "too white") for The Empress! :ROFLMAO: He's not the champion GI Joe who gets to train at Stal Trops! :notworthy:
(I'm teasing you, Empress Merel):D

Trops? Tops you mean. :ohmy: :D I just dislike white horses. They don't do the same for me as black or darker horses. *swoons* Moorland's Totilas and Olympic Ferro.. *just died of all that beauty*
Charlotte should have bought Okidoki from Albert Zoer. Now Okidoki belongs to some Swiss dude.

YouTube - albert zoer en okidoki
But he would be too much to handle for Charlotte. Aswell as for Athina. But man, how I love that horse. Full of energy and force in his jump.

^Yeah not Trops :ROFLMAO:
Speaking of Athina, it's too bad we don't have any sightings of her and Tomboy yet. I know she rode with him in the first week of Villeneuve loubet, but she hasn't competed at all in weeks 2 or 3.

Here are Charlotte's results from Saturday, 13 March:
Charlotte & Tintero (I think I can, I think I can):D

From sunday, 14 march:
Charlotte & Joey (eliminated):sad:

Picture from the event: Charlotte and Thierry at the Villeneuve Loubet Tour 2010 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The source is WAN Events (dot com)

Good for Char, exciting! I don't know if Okidoki was having a bad day, but the horse may be "greener," or certainly more horse than Charlotte could handle - for whatever reason, her trainer must have nixed any potential deal. The combination of horse and rider is extremely important, so if they are not at the same level of strength, it's going to show - either the rider can't control the horse, or the horse isn't experience enough in the ring to follow instruction and ignore the crowd....it can make for a disasterous ride....

Okidoki is a really great and experienced horse, but very much a horse who wants to win at all costs. You can see when Oki is going back, that Albert is forcing him with his body to go forward (an unexperienced eye can barely notice it). Takes some great skill.

I'm just glad Charlotte is back competing.

Okidoki is a really great and experienced horse, but very much a horse who wants to win at all costs. You can see when Oki is going back, that Albert is forcing him with his body to go forward (an unexperienced eye can barely notice it). Takes some great skill.

I'm just glad Charlotte is back competing.

Totally agree - I think she's not, yet, at a level to handle such a spirited horse - as strong as her riding skills are, I don't believe they match those of Okidoki right now.

Totally agree - I think she's not, yet, at a level to handle such a spirited horse - as strong as her riding skills are, I don't believe they match those of Okidoki right now.

But Thierry should know in order to give her that horse.
I mean he is very expierenced and has proved to have done a great job?
He really wants her to have a horse that is into her abilities and can handle it?
He must be a great coach btw..

Oh, Okidoki is not hers, don't worry. ;) I was just saying I'd love to see those two together jumping once as he is my favorite jumping horse of all time.

Tintero and G.I Joe are of great quality. But Okidoki is world class quality. And such a horse needs a rider of that same quality.

To respond to both Azure and Empress Merel - I, too, have nothing but respect for her coach (Theirrey), as well as Charlotte, herself. My point was not - at all - to knock Charlotte's equestrian abilities, but to state that when a horse is more experienced than the rider, it can be a recipe for disaster, which a coach would understand. Whether Okidoki was being considered by Thierry, or not, as a potential partner for Charlotte, his input would be paramount in the decision to put Charlotte on such a horse - he also has to believe that she can handle the animal....it's a live animal with a mind of its own. Even when you know what you're doing (and, I'm nowhere near Charlotte's level), you can still find yourself in trouble if the horse has any reason to believe you don't know what you're doing, or is spooked. I hate to use the Christopher Reeve (God rest his soul) example, but professionals believed that on so many levels - his level of experience being one of those, and the fact that the horse was "green" to that level of competition - when the horse balked, the results were devastating (plus, some believe that he was too tall for the horse, which some believe contributed to the momentum he had going over his head). Had he been on a larger horse with more professional-level ring experience, things may have been different. You, as a rider, can also learn a lot from an experience, patient horse, which is what makes partnerships sooo loving and important!

Yep, certainly agree on your last point. I always advice people when they get their first horse; not ever, but ever, buy a green horse as your first horse.
Owning and taking care of a horse is very difficult, let alone a green one. Proper guiding is a must.

To respond to both Azure and Empress Merel - I, too, have nothing but respect for her coach (Theirrey), as well as Charlotte, herself. My point was not - at all - to knock Charlotte's equestrian abilities, but to state that when a horse is more experienced than the rider, it can be a recipe for disaster, which a coach would understand. Whether Okidoki was being considered by Thierry, or not, as a potential partner for Charlotte, his input would be paramount in the decision to put Charlotte on such a horse - he also has to believe that she can handle the animal....it's a live animal with a mind of its own. Even when you know what you're doing (and, I'm nowhere near Charlotte's level), you can still find yourself in trouble if the horse has any reason to believe you don't know what you're doing, or is spooked. I hate to use the Christopher Reeve (God rest his soul) example, but professionals believed that on so many levels - his level of experience being one of those, and the fact that the horse was "green" to that level of competition - when the horse balked, the results were devastating (plus, some believe that he was too tall for the horse, which some believe contributed to the momentum he had going over his head). Had he been on a larger horse with more professional-level ring experience, things may have been different. You, as a rider, can also learn a lot from an experience, patient horse, which is what makes partnerships sooo loving and important!

Dear, of course i didn't say that you said anything "offensive" Thierry. We all can see that he seems to be a great coach!
And that is the reason., i suppose, that Char still has him as a coach. :flowers:
I love horse-riding. I always wanted to learn riding but i haven't beem given the chance..
I don't know what the future reserves from me but i don't have the opportunity, at least now.
I'm afraid i am not into the subject but is it difficult to learn riding?
Of course, to be very experienced you have to start it from a young age!

Back
Top Bottom