The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I believe it is similar to what used to be called the 'Preliminary' division in the US. A horse may not have won more than $X, what ever the amount is, and may be ridden by either an amateur or a professional.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte will be riding on Saturday and Sunday at Liverdy en Brie. She is riding Madison D'Olgy, Rock n Roll 9 and Carrey Duff at 1.20 and 1.25 m.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Courtier

Do you think that she's going to ride at Liverdy? Her courntry is in mourning, maybe she'll stay with her family.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness

Good point. The funeral is today but I guess mourning goes on until 4/1. I guess we will find out on Saturday.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

I was reading on another thread the discussion about Charlotte's weight and build. Would she have had the right build and weight to be a jockey?
Old 03-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Serene Highness

She is too tall to be a jockey. She is 5'6 or7". Not sure in metric. About the same as PG and PC.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Courtier

Well, Christophe Soumillon is 5'8" and he propably is the best jockey in the world! At 5'6" of course you can be a jockey, and Charlotte looks so athletic that she certainly has the body!

Oh, and I don't think she will stop her life because of ther great-aunt death. I mean, no matter how much she loved her, it is not normal to stop doing your normal things because a great-aunt dies. In the real world, and real jobs you don't even get one day off for a real aunt, much less for a great-aunt.

(and hello again everybody, I've been away for a while, I know I have several pms I didn't answer, but I'll get to it, as soon as i can)
Old 03-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Serene Highness

TrepStep. You have bad timing. You moved to Spain and now Charlotte is starting to ride in more French competitions. You are right about the jockey height. Wikipedia says most jockeys are 5'6 or less. They look so small on American TV.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
TrepStep. You have bad timing. You moved to Spain and now Charlotte is starting to ride in more French competitions. You are right about the jockey height. Wikipedia says most jockeys are 5'6 or less. They look so small on American TV.
My guess is in america they are smaller because there is a big hispanic population and many of the best jockeys are hispanic and so it is not that difficult to find smaller men?

In europe we just don't have many 5'6" men around! Some hispanic jockeys have moved to europe from america but most of them are european and so 5'8" is a very normal height for a jockey here.

And yes my timing is really bad! Also I was in Valencia last week (it's just 1'30h from madrid by train) but won't be able to be there for the CGCT :-(
Old 03-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Courtier

Charlotte was seen at Nice airport yesterday so maybe, after all, she will compeet this week-end?
Old 03-26-2011, 04:22 PM

American jockeys are tiny. British ones too, as far as I've seen.

I noticed that she got her passport stamped in those airport pics. If she was traveling to someone in the EU, there would have been no passport stamp. No need for that inside the EU. So I don't know.... She definitely was at the passport booth. I read the sign.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Commoner

She did go to the passport booth but that happens in France. When you fly into or out of France you go through the passport booth. Even if you are flying to another EU country they still take your passport and scan it.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
American jockeys are tiny. British ones too, as far as I've seen.

About the brits... some of them are tiny. Many aren't. I can think of several british jockeys over 1'70 and even over 1'75: Richard Hugues, Ryan Moore, Lester Piggot...
Charlotte is in no way too tall to be a jockey and she is athletic enough. But anyway she obvioulsy isn't interested in flat races, and the job is too hard and demanding, much more than being a jumper.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Nobility

Charlotte this weekend at Liverdy en Brie
Old 03-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Aristocracy

Hope we get more pictures because that one isn't very generous!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Serene Highness

Charlotte only rode in 1 event on Saturday and was eliminated. She didn't start on Friday or Sunday. I hope she didn't get hurt. Thierry and someone named Michel Grun rode her other 2 horses on Saturday. Valentine was there also and got a 1st and 7th place.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Charlotte only rode in 1 event on Saturday and was eliminated. She didn't start on Friday or Sunday. I hope she didn't get hurt. Thierry and someone named Michel Grun rode her other 2 horses on Saturday. Valentine was there also and got a 1st and 7th place.
Wow Valentine. 1st and 7th out of how many places..??
Old 03-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

Valentine came in 7/45 at 1.25m PRO 3 and 1/34 1.30m Pro 2. Both times she was on Clark.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:14 AM

Ok. Thanks, Frenchy, for the passport info. Since she didn't compete Friday, that must have been her traveling day. Maybe she got her passport stamped to go to London and drop her stuff off or do whatever she needed to do, then she got on the Eurostar (guessing) and off to Liverdy via Paris to compete on Saturday. But she got eliminated, so didn't qualify for the jumps on Sunday, or as Fan suggested, got hurt or something. We hope, obviously, she just didn't qualify. Charlotte's forbidden to get hurt by us, right? We forbid such things! She is allowed to not qualify, but she is absolutely not allowed to get hurt!!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Courtier

Gucci will be represented by a rider during the Olympic Games! It won't be Charlotte, but her "friend " Edwina Alexander who will be dressed from head to toe by the luxuous brand. The proof, here (but in french): Gucci habille Edwina Alexander pour les J.O. d’équitation
Bien joué Gucci!! Charlotte for the glamour, for her fame due to her family, and Edwina Alexander as a more professional ambassador...
Go Edwina, go! With such a sponsor, you have to win a medal!