The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by palomasie View Post
she's looking cute! but that bag she holds on the second picture is sort of dreadful
I agree. She has had that bag for a LONG time though. I remember seeing her carrying it at jumping events when she was in high school.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Thanks for clarifying Trepstep. On Saturday, the table c day, they are only showing 1 round but still show 1.35-1.40. Does that mean she jumped both heights in 1 round? Table c doesn't seem to me to promote good jumping habits. I'm not sure I like that competition.
Frankly, I have no idea what the 135-140 means. On a two rounds competitions it means differente hights between round 1 and 2 but on a table c? I don't know.

The table c is not as unfair as it looks though. The poles knocked down count as seconds, so if you knock down a pole some seconds will be added to your results, and usually to win you need a clear round.

Also, it normally is not the main event. The Grand Prix in a csi always is a table A. table c is usuallly a complementary competition with slightly lower fences designed to favor agile but maby not so powerful horses.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks TrepStep. That makes more sense. I 'm slowly learning. In the US, show jumping is mainly done on the east and west coasts. Rodeo is the main horse sport in the middle of the country due to the many cattle ranches.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Courtier

Photogallery from Paris Match: Photo Charlotte Casiraghi, la princesse cavalière - Photos - Tête couronnée - People Match - ParisMatch.com
Old 02-08-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nora80b View Post
Hello there..

Finally I found a video of the competetion, it's posted on the official website of IJB I'm not how to post it here so you can check out from the website..

you can go to presentaion or click on -the jumbing video views- and then click on (from the purple bar) coulisses (the 2nd video)

I hope you'll be able to ckeck it(despite my boring direction)
Nora, I meant to post the link for you some days ago but I got distracted.

Le Jumping en vidéo - Jumping International de Bordeaux

like Nora said, you'll see a purple bar under the video panel. Click on Coulisses.

There is another vid in which Charlotte appears. I saw it the other day but now I totally can't find it.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Commoner

The IJB

Thank you CasiraghiTrio..for posting the link for everyone actually, and You are right it's quite confusing the way the videos are posted on the IJB site. It's really nice to see a video including them all :)
Old 02-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Nobility

Photos of Charlotte's fall in Bordeaux
Old 02-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Serene Highness

AAAARRRRGGHHHH!! I HATE refusals!! Our coach would make us buy her a bottle of wine if we fell after a refusal! Oh well....she doesn't appear to be hurt, so life goes one....
Old 03-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Do you think Charlotte will go to Qatar? Prince Harry and Queen Beatrix have both recently cancelled trips to Dubai and Oman due to the Middle East unrest. It appears she had intended to go because they had competitions at the 1.30 and 1.35m levels.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:15 PM

I was wondering the same thing for awhile now. Considering recent events, one might think the whole Doha phase would be scraped. Who cares anyway"? I'm losing interest in Char's jumping competitions. There are too many more important things happening to be interested in this rich girl from Monaco riding her horses around the world. Power to her. I wish her the best in the sport of her passion. But it's just not interesting like it used to be. She's not interesting like she used to be. She's cool. BEautiful and intelligent. Yet she's just....... irrelevant. Ordinary.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Serene Highness

That's probably what she wants.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, she is used to be like amazing to everyone, now she is kinda...er, normal?
I'm more interested in Alexandra lately, and she is only 11 !
Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

She is probably not going to Doha. The Rose Ball is the same week-end.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I was wondering the same thing for awhile now. Considering recent events, one might think the whole Doha phase would be scraped. Who cares anyway"? I'm losing interest in Char's jumping competitions. There are too many more important things happening to be interested in this rich girl from Monaco riding her horses around the world. Power to her. I wish her the best in the sport of her passion. But it's just not interesting like it used to be. She's not interesting like she used to be. She's cool. BEautiful and intelligent. Yet she's just....... irrelevant. Ordinary.
+1
You have pretty much echoed my thoughts.
Time will show..

Old 03-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Courtier

I don't know. I'm still as interested in her now as I was years ago. Sure, she's changed, but doesn't everyone? We have to remember that we don't know her and never will so we can only judge so much. Maybe it's because I never really put her on a pedestal like some people seem to have done, so she hasn't really disappointed me or anything. As far as her being ordinary...I agree with FanofMonaco, that's exactly what she wants to be. I don't know, just my opinion, and we are entitled to our own!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbaby318 View Post
I don't know. I'm still as interested in her now as I was years ago. Sure, she's changed, but doesn't everyone? We have to remember that we don't know her and never will so we can only judge so much. Maybe it's because I never really put her on a pedestal like some people seem to have done, so she hasn't really disappointed me or anything. As far as her being ordinary...I agree with FanofMonaco, that's exactly what she wants to be. I don't know, just my opinion, and we are entitled to our own!
I agree entirely .

I never really put her, or her family, on a pedestal. I am interesting in their life, It's for that reason that I take part in this forum , but deep down they are like us.

In the beginning of this video you see Charlotte.

"Charlotte Casiraghi al campo ippico di Sanremo" this summer.

According to this, Charlotte will be competing at BOIS LE ROI this Saturday
Old 03-09-2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
That's probably what she wants.
You think she wants to be "irrelevant. ordinary"? I doubt it.
I think she strives to distinguish herself. She wants to be something more than a "daughter of." Well, I don't know that, for a fact, but... that's my judgment.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Serene Highness

I think she wants respect like anyone else. She is kind of caught in the middle. She is expected to be in the public eye to promote Monaco but doesn't want to be seen as a lazy rich socialite.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Serene Highness

I hope she doesn't have problems with her uterus when she'll decide to have children. I think some women riders confront such difficulties because of the jumping this sport demands.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte came in first out of 83 on Saturday with Madison D'Olgy in the 1.20 competition. It sounds impressive until you look at the actual results and see that about 20 other people finished first also. Apparently they didn't look at times. Troy was up to his old tricks and finished 72/83 with 12 faults and GI Joe did not start. On Sunday, Charlotte rode 2 new horses, Rock n Roll 9-20/44 with no faults and Carey Duff-27/44 with no faults at the 1.20 height. Maybe she is looking for a 5th horse. I was wondering if she had kept Madison D'Olgy from last summer. Seems to be getting more serious about her riding.

Does anyone know what Preparitore means in jumping? It was listed along with Pro and Amateur as the name of Saturday's event. She jumped at Bois le Roi.