The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte and Tintero were also in a team competition tonight and they came in 3rd out of 7 teams. She won 2000 Swiss Francs! It was another pro-am consisting of 4 riders on each team. Only 2 teams had 0 faults for all riders and Charlotte's team was one of the 2. She is not riding tomorrow. It is only CSI 5*.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:55 PM

That is so awesome. I hope we have more pics soon. Now the weekend is over, maybe some of the weeklies will pick up the story.

The Casiraghi Fan Club Blog (www.casiraghifanclub.com): Last night, Charlotte's Pro-Am relay got its third round in Basel!

Old 01-18-2011, 02:38 AM
Nobility

http://i55.tinypic.com/34znj8o.jpg
Old 01-22-2011, 12:54 PM

Charlotte will be in Bordeaux from 4-6 February. She and Athina, and Marta and Edwina, and many names familiar to us, listed under "Ladies 2011". There is also a Charlotte Couperie-Eiffel. I guess she is Virginie's daughter....

Ladies 2011 - Jumping International de Bordeaux
Old 01-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

There are also 3 Bosts besides Roger-Yves and Phillipe Rozier. The Fontainebleu area will be well represented.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Nobility

Nice pics of Gucci Master

Pic 1*Pic 2*Pic 3

More pics Gucci Masters*-*AMADE Mondiale
Old 01-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Nobility

What do "Pro2" mean?

Here (CHÂTEAU BACON), Charlotte appear like Pro2, but she's amateur.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

I think the 1 and 2 is the CSI star level. The amateurs may be riders from the all French competitions and the pros from the international competitions. Just a guess.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:51 PM

Wow. Pro! Yeah, my guess is that the Pro2 means she is a Pro because of the Gucci sponsorship who does 2* competitions. Interesting.... I thought she was Am too. Because even in Basel, she did the Pro Am thing, and she was listed as one of two Am's. Same for @ the Gucci Masters, and in the GCT events.

I wonder if she will show up in Zurich Saturday. I've noticed in the past she has sometimes missed the first day of an event, especially if it starts on a Thursday. And there was an event last last year where she only competed the first day? and then she popped over to Rome for that remastered La Dolce Vita film.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:51 AM

This projection is based on her patterns of past years. I think she will do things differently, drop some events, add new ones, according to her progress. Some of them below I think are very possibly not going to factor into her schedule this year, but I listed them anyway, pending official information. I bold typed some events I have doubts about. As it says, it's just a projection. We shall see what we shall see! May the best Charlotte prevail! What do you guys think?

Quote:
Charlotte's Projected 2011 Equestrian Schedule
Events will be added and changed per official information and updates.
  1. CSI Basel, Switzerland (13-16 January)
  2. CSI Zurich, Switzerland (28-30 January)
  3. Jumping de Bordeaux (4-6 February)
  4. The Global Champions Tour's opening event in Doha, Qatar (17-19 March)
  5. Toscana Tour (22-27 March/29 March-3 April/5-10 April) or Jump Bost Tour 1 @ Barbizon (1-3 April)
  6. Jumping Antwerpen (21-24 April)
  7. Jump Bost Tour 2 @ Fontainebleau (29 April-1 May)
  8. The GCT Valencia (6-8 May) or Jump Bost Tour 3 @ Fontainebleau (5-8 May)
  9. The GCT Hamburg (1-5 June) or CSI Bourg-en-Bresse (2-5 June)
  10. GCT Cannes (9-11 June)
  11. GCT Monte-Carlo (23-25 June)
  12. GCT Estoril (1-2 July)
  13. GCT Chantilly (22-24 July)
  14. GCT Valkenswaard (12-14 August)
  15. GCT Rio de Janeiro (2-4 September)
  16. Jump Bost Tour 4 (9-11 September)
  17. GCT Torino, aka Turin (22-25 September)
  18. Jump Bost Tour 5/Finale (7-9 October)
  19. GCT Abu Dhubi (10-12 November)
  20. Jumping de Nantes (25-27 November)
  21. Jumping de Paris/Salon du Cheval
  22. The Gucci Masters
The Casiraghi Fan Club Blog: Charlotte's Projected 2011 Equestrian Schedule
Old 02-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

Did the Villeneuve-Loubet stables get knocked out in the flood last year? I didn't see anything set up for this Feb/March like last year. Also Vidaubon has several weeks of competitions in the spring. Both are just a helicopter ride away from Monaco. Wherever she goes, she will probably be following Phillipe Rozier.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:03 AM

Maybe, about Villeneuve Loubet and the floods. I looked up this venue, but couldn't find any info. on this year's edition. Remember that last year, she only did the second (of three) weeks in Villeneuve Loubet because the third week overlapped with the Rose Ball (and she can't miss that!) If any event falls on the Rose Ball weekend, I think we can rest assured Charlotte won't do it. Not that I can blame her for that! I mean, it does look like a helleva party!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:41 PM

Well, in a few more hours, I guess the competition will be on in Bordeaux. Have a look @ what Charlotte is up against (kidding) (Jumping Bordeaux website)
Old 02-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
You make me laugh lol. Good luck Charlie !
Léonard de Vinci
Old 02-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well, in a few more hours, I guess the competition will be on in Bordeaux. Have a look @ what Charlotte is up against (kidding) (Jumping Bordeaux website)
oh, so sweet kid&horse
Old 02-04-2011, 10:29 AM

There is this report about the celebrity riders: Canteloup, Casiraghi, and Onassis....warming up in the paddock > Jumping de Bordeaux : Freejump dans la course - SudOuest.fr
They have pictures but none of Charlotte.

Here is the results page:

Results Jumping International de Bordeaux

Charlotte was out with Troy (whose owner is listed as the Couperie-Eiffel family's Chateau Bacon) in the first event of the day. The "Clear Channel" prize. They did this course without faults but were a bit on the slow end so they were ranked at 16th place, ahead of many who were faster but had faults.
But I think a jumping for Charlotte with Troy without faults is pretty good!

The Prix of "Amazons" is happening now. It's live so the results aren't final.
Charlotte doesn't have a result yet. She's riding Tintero in this one.

Results Jumping International de Bordeaux - Prix des Amazones nø1
Athina did well by the looks of things.

Doda had a second place win today.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Courtier

And of course she was eliminated at the 1.40
I simply don't understand it. I'm just an amateur jumper and watching her ride I can tell in 15 seconds that she doesn't have the level to enter that kind of competition. How can't neither she or her trainer see it?
One day, she'll break her head, even if seems to be a really hard one.
And I really feel sorry for that poor horse. She's totally eaten his morale.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:25 AM

Aw that sucks. Do you think it was a jump refusal? It's not the first time she's been eliminated with Tintero @ that jump height so I think Tintero doesn't feel good about it in general. And with Charlotte...... In that Point du Vue interview Thierry implied Charlotte can be too nice and she has to really try to be firm, and I know that with a horse, if you aren't a strong leader, the horse feels insecure.

I found this pic on Facebook's Jumping Bordeaux page. It's a new post. I don't know but it might be Charlotte. The horse looks a like Troy but the picture is so dark I can't tell about the rider.
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/..._2300267_n.jpg
Old 02-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I found this pic on Facebook's Jumping Bordeaux page. It's a new post. I don't know but it might be Charlotte. The horse looks a like Troy but the picture is so dark I can't tell about the rider.
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/..._2300267_n.jpg
You can tell it's not her because the rider is not wearing Gucci . The helmet looks like a GPA.

And I am just an outsider observer but I don't think Tintero has any problem with the height. He's done it before Charlotte and quite well. Imo it's more a problem of precision
Generaly speaking a decent amateur rider can go till around 1'30 without many problems if she has a great horse. But at 1'40 the horse won't do the job for you anymore. You need to be exact and you need experience and talent.
To explain it very broadly there is a right distance from wich you must take each jump and "seeing the distance" is the most difficult thing in show-jumping. Brilliant riders manage to keep an even galop, regular and steady. When you watch them ride it all looks so easy because it looks as if the poles where always in the perfect place for them to take the jump and no special effort was required.
It looks very easy but it is very difficult to achieve. A horse with a big heart, as Tintero seems to be, will forgive you if you make mistakes many times. He'll take the jumps from far away, he'll make the effort to jump from too near, he'll allow you to speed him up here and there, he'll forgive your bad balance, your hard hands (in the GCT videos you can see Tintero saving Charlotte's ass once and again)... but he'll do it a limited amount of times. At some point he will decide that it's not worth it because jumping now means fear and pain and stress for him and he'll start refusing to jump.
That's why I was skeptical with Charlotte's results right after Brazil. It was obvious that while she was away someone else must had been riding Tintero and that had allowed the horse to regain his old morale. I'm afraid Charlotte will kill it again... simply because she wants to go too quickly.
She is still very young, she can have 40 years or more of show-jumping career in front of her, and if there is a sport that rewards patience that's certainly horse riding... I simply don't understand why all the rush.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Courtier

I just read this piece of news. Apparently she fell.
People, es-tu là ? - JUMPING DE BORDEAUX - France 3 Régions - France 3
She falls too often. She is playing a really dangerous game