The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

I think you are wrong about the European thing. Each country gets one slot but if they don't use it then another country with the highest ranking rider in Europe then can have that empty spot. One of the purposes of the Olympics is to bring all of the countries together. It's not just about the very best athletes. If that were the case most countries couldn't compete in most sports. I think Monaco sent about 12 people to Bejing but none of them were competitive.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
I think you are wrong about the European thing. Each country gets one slot but if they don't use it then another country with the highest ranking rider in Europe then can have that empty spot. One of the purposes of the Olympics is to bring all of the countries together. It's not just about the very best athletes. If that were the case most countries couldn't compete in most sports. I think Monaco sent about 12 people to Bejing but none of them were competitive.
I don't know how the system exactly works but I am 100% sure that there is not place for everyone and you need to classify. I also know that the spots are distributed by continents.
In some sports, mainly team sports, there are a very limited number of places, in individual sports it may work differently, but there certainly isn't a slot for every country in every sport.
I know for certain that Spain had a dressage team in Beijing, but thee showjumping team tried to classify and failed.
This link is in spanish but you can have a look at how it worked in 2008. There were 10 spots for eventing, 10 for dressage and 16 for showjumping:
Hípica - Web Oficial de los Juegos de la 29ª Olimpiada

Also, the ecuestrian games that just were celebrated in Kentucky granted spot for the next olympics: Germany, the UK and Danmark are already classified. Apparently thera are just 8 places left.
Alemania, Gran Bretaña y Dinamarca ya están clasificados para los Juegos Olímpicos Londres 2012 :: Actualidad :: Internacional :: Hípica247

Old 12-19-2010, 02:32 AM

"Stal Tops" has been the stated owner for GI Joe for a long time now.

Lately, for Tintero it has been said that the owner is Charlotte. Before, it was that Mexican guy who jumped him before, but lately it has been Charlotte. I figure she bought him @ the Fences 2009. (?)

For Troy, the ownership has changed in the last year. There was that Dutch guy (Korting?) at first, but lately it has been something else. I can find it if you are really interested. I wrote it down. It was some guy that, when I looked him up on google, wikipedia said he died this year, and his estate was being handled by his kids or whatever.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:27 AM

I finally finished my translation of the recent POINT DU VUE interview with Thierry Rozier.

Translation 1 of 2 * Translation 2 of 2
Old 12-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the translation CasiTrio. It was very interesting.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Commoner

i like the interview , thankyouuu (:
Old 01-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was searching in The Global Champions Tour's website for the Calendar for 2011 (that you can find here) and then wondered if Charlotte participates in all these events. I mean, can someone make a list of events that Charlotte participated in in the last seasons? (she did both 2010 and 2009, right?). I think it would be interesting to have an idea how she plans her season and perhaps make some predictions of what she will do next season.

Also from the same website, here is the global ranking of 2010. Why isn't Charlotte in there? It's also nice to see that Edwina finished 3rd, it's a very good place,no?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Serene Highness

The ranking is for the top jumpers. Charlotte competes in the amateur division. On the GCT in 2009 I think Charlotte competed everywhere but Germany, Cannes and Qatar. In 2010 she competed everywhere except Germany. In 2011 she will miss Portugal because that is the same week-end as PA's wedding. In one of her recent interviews she said she would be riding in alot more competitions over the next 2 years. I assume she means the fall, winter and spring seasons. This fall she competed in three events that could have counted for Rolex points but she was eliminated in all three. I am guessing she might start following Phillipe Rozier more this year since they are out of the same stables.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

In general, it is the trainer who decides which competitions the students will be travelling to, and what division they will compete in. One can always opt out of a show for whatever reason, but it would be highly unusual for the trainer to go to one competition and for the student to go to another on their own.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:16 PM

In 2009, she competed in all GCT events except for Hamburg and Doha. And, I believe Fanofmonaco is right about Cannes as well, because of her hand injury in that car accident.

In 2010, she competed everywhere except for Hamburg.

It does indeed look like GCT Estoril 2011 will overlap with Albert's wedding. But Albert changed that date at least once. I am finding this wedding to be confusing. First one day, then another. Yikes. It will be interesting to see if she joins the GCT for the opening event in Doha, as she skipped Doha when it was the final in 2009. And will she go to Hamburg, and to Abu Dhabi for the final?

As for Philippe Rozier, his brother told Point Du Vue that both of them are always involved in coaching Charlotte. Thierry is her main trainer, but Philippe gives his input during the competitions, and also Jan Tops gives a little input when he can. Thierry did not say anything about Edwina, but maybe she helps Charlotte too, since they seem to be good friends, and Edwina must go where Jan goes. :)
Old 01-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Serene Highness

It's too bad Charlotte isn't going to Wellington, Fla, USA in January and February. They are having a bunch of competitions, including some 1 and 2* world cup events. I guess they are open to non N. Americans but am not sure. Maybe she will go to Portugal or Italy.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Commoner

Cool Hello Magazine

Hello Everyone,

Really great interview with Charlotte in this week's Hello magazine, and beautiful pictures of Charlotte with her horse, strongly recommend you guys read it. Take care.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It's too bad Charlotte isn't going to Wellington, Fla, USA in January and February. They are having a bunch of competitions, including some 1 and 2* world cup events. I guess they are open to non N. Americans but am not sure. Maybe she will go to Portugal or Italy.
Yes, the Winter Equestrian Festival in Wellington is open to non americans. We frequently have European and South American contigents. This year the Saudi rider has been doing well with his new horse. As he should, having paid Euro 5.5 Million for it. Wellington is a great circuit...one of my favorite competitions.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:21 PM

Charlotte & Tintero, Day 3 of GCT Rio, August 2010

Actually, it's a kind of summary of all the days of the competition. It shows footage of Charlotte and Tintero from each day.

See another jumping video of Charlotte, this time in Chantilly last summer (July 2010)
Old 01-13-2011, 06:17 AM
Nobility

Charlotte is participating in the CSI5 Basel.

This morning she ranked 11th of 41 riders with Tintero in 1,20, she doesn't have any fault points, won 60

Result 1,20

Charlotte ranked 11th of 54 riders in 1,30 with Troy, won 50, 0 fault

Result 1,30

Int. Springturnier CSI5* - St. Jakobshalle Basel 2011

Pictures

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4726/77958452.jpg
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8791/70094575.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6899/95878445.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2811/88537993.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/186/68230489.jpg
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/1893/78421312.jpg
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5476/93044023.jpg
Old 01-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Serene Highness

Today Charlotte came in 13/55 with Troy (and won 50 in Swiss currency) and 19/55 on Tintero. Both horses jumped the 1.30m competition. No faults by either horse. She must be spending more time with Troy because the last few competions she has been placing higher with him.

Phillipe Rozier won the 1.45m today and Athina came in 10th in the 1.45m yesterday. Everyone is riding well.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Today Charlotte came in 13/55 with Troy (and won 50 in Swiss currency) and 19/55 on Tintero. Both horses jumped the 1.30m competition. No faults by either horse. She must be spending more time with Troy because the last few competions she has been placing higher with him.

Phillipe Rozier won the 1.45m today and Athina came in 10th in the 1.45m yesterday. Everyone is riding well.
These are undoubtely very good results!
I seem to always be saying bad things but my only doubt about them is whether they are due to the fact that Charlotte is been on holydays for a few weeks and most probably not riding and the horses have been ridden by a professional during that time, meaning that things had been done in the proper way and they've won their confidence back (specially Tintero). In the weeks to come we'll see if Charlotte is able to keep them in confidence or if things will start going downhill.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:41 PM

Wow. I wasn't expecting her to compete at Basel. That's a very prestigious competition isn't it?
Old 01-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Serene Highness

She said she was going to start competing alot more in the next 2 years.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:35 PM

Well, Charlotte did very well today with Troy. She is making a fine impression on her Basel debut.

The Casiraghi Fan Club Blog (www.casiraghifanclub.com): Charlotte and Troy 12th Place (out of 55 riders) Today

The Casiraghi Fan Club Blog (www.casiraghifanclub.com): Charlotte wasting no time: Already back in the saddle after her sojourn in Brazil