The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness

He's there, sporadically - but, I think he expects her to attend his ventures, while attending hers are optional....just MHO.....

Old 12-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Aristocracy

I don't know if its just me, but it Looks like Charlotte is happier when she is not with him.
At the Gucci event she looks happy, confident, Glowing...

Old 12-06-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanya Trubetskoy View Post
Its strange we never see Alex at these events. Charlotte might need the support. Competing can be nerve racking! She supports him with the art gallery, attending showings etc. Odd.
Alex has gone to loads of her jumpings. He was @ the Gucci Masters last year and he went to the GCT Rio and the GCT Monte Carlo, and others.

He wasn't @ the Gucci Masters this year because of a gallery thing in Miami. I am guessing it has to do with a gallery thing he's working on with another gallery owner and good friend, Vito Schnabel. Stavros Niarchos also there apparently.

*Edit*
Yep, here we go. I found the confirmation. It's on the Vanity Fair blog. This is what Alex was up to last week. You see him mentioned, and Vito, and Fanofmonaco was right about Stavros being there. I guess Stavros and Alex hosted a thing together.
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/dai...-schnabel.html
Old 12-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would be shocked if her trainer were not at the majority of her competitions. For one thing, day charges at the show are one of the primary ways trainers make an income.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I would be shocked if her trainer were not at the majority of her competitions. For one thing, day charges at the show are one of the primary ways trainers make an income.
I think we're talking about her boyfriend Alex...at least, that's who I was talking about - him being choosey about attending her equestrian events.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Serene Highness

Thierry Rozier has been to all of her competitions. She tends to go to competitions that Philippe Rozier is in.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Aristocracy

"Loads of her jumpings" is an exaggeration I peg 2 out of 5. But I'm glad we can see what he's up to. It illustrates my point.
This Gucci event, correct me if I'm wrong, is the most significant event in Charlotte's riding career. She's giving interviews to the press, attending press conf. etc. We have never seen Charlotte do these things, and I think she is doing an awesome job btw.
And while all this is going on her boyfriend of 3 years is on a whole different continent at some swishy party in miami...Hmmm....Odd.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Serene Highness

They both have jobs like everyone else. I am kind of surprised that they are still together. Long distance relationships are difficult. I also wonder what Charlotte thinks of Alice and Andrea Dellal blabbing to the press all of a sudden. I was shocked when Alice was talking to the British press about a potential engagement.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Aristocracy

I'm not so sure I'd call what Alex does a "job". But thats just me. I was shocked as well, more so about the mother in Hola!
Were getting off topic here.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I'm not so sure I'd call what Alex does a "job". But thats just me. I was shocked as well, more so about the mother in Hola!
Were getting off topic here.
I know we're off topic, but must add - remember what happened when Carolina Von Stauffenberg's mother pushed the issue of engagement between her and Andrea......I would imagine neither Alex or Charlotte appreciate her insuinuating that there may be an upcoming engagement....should be up to them, not his mother....
Old 12-06-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
"Loads of her jumpings" is an exaggeration I peg 2 out of 5. But I'm glad we can see what he's up to. It illustrates my point.
This Gucci event, correct me if I'm wrong, is the most significant event in Charlotte's riding career. She's giving interviews to the press, attending press conf. etc. We have never seen Charlotte do these things, and I think she is doing an awesome job btw.
And while all this is going on her boyfriend of 3 years is on a whole different continent at some swishy party in miami...Hmmm....Odd.
I don't know how many jumpings he went to. I just remember, for sure, GCT Monte Carlo and GCT rio (for this year and also 2009, both of those).

The "swishy party" was a bit more serious! All the gallery owners go to this thing in Miami to seek out hot new art and artists they might be interested in showing/supporting. It is business, but yes, I'm sure it's a fun business. I mean, parties are just part of the deal in that line.... You have to go out and meet and greet the art scene.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:17 PM

It's OK. I mean, it's BETTER than the Vogue one. Well, I did really like ONE of the portraits in Vogue, and that was the one where tintero was hugging Char. Char was too made up but it was too sweet the way she and tintero were being to each other. You could see how much he loves her.

Back to the topic, though, a video from Gucci Masters. You can see Charlotte receiving her 4th place prize right around 3:45-ish.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I don't know how many jumpings he went to. I just remember, for sure, GCT Monte Carlo and GCT rio (for this year and also 2009, both of those).

The "swishy party" was a bit more serious! All the gallery owners go to this thing in Miami to seek out hot new art and artists they might be interested in showing/supporting. It is business, but yes, I'm sure it's a fun business. I mean, parties are just part of the deal in that line.... You have to go out and meet and greet the art scene.
True...But Alex does have partners. I think the Gucci event is a big step in the right direction for Charlotte, and I hope she can parlay this into something productive and useful for her life. Whatever Alex's "business" in Miami was all about it would have been nice to see him giving his support.
This was a significant event for her.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
True...But Alex does have partners. I think the Gucci event is a big step in the right direction for Charlotte, and I hope she can parlay this into something productive and useful for her life. Whatever Alex's "business" in Miami was all about it would have been nice to see him giving his support.
This was a significant event for her.
Alex is doing bussiness. Charlotte is having fun with her expensive hobby. I see no plausible reason why Alex should quit an important meeting to be with Charlottes while she plays around.
Plus, horse jumping shows are incredibly boring for non-horsey people.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:37 AM
Royal Highness

More pictures from Gucci Masters 2010
Gallery
Old 12-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Alex is doing bussiness. Charlotte is having fun with her expensive hobby. I see no plausible reason why Alex should quit an important meeting to be with Charlottes while she plays around.
I agree. And even if you love horses, it can be a snooze. Especially in the cold.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
On Getty day 2 check out Charlotte and Edwina curtseying. I think Charlotte flunked Princess school. Edwina's curtsey is to die for. In Charlotte's defense, I think the Monagasque women usually bow when wearing slacks.
Can you post this picture? I can not find it.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monic View Post
More pictures from Gucci Masters 2010
Gallery
I think that was her best outfit/look during the whole event. Although that Gucci necktie (in the Style et Competition/Pro-Am) was fabulous.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
The validity of Alex's "Business" in my opinion is open for speculation. But I've said my piece on that and I'm done.
As far as Charlotte p-l-a-y-i-n-g a-r-o-u-n-d, why if the title of this thread equestrian career? A career is not "playing around".
As I said before, I think this is a step in the right direction for Charlotte, I think she over all with this Gucci event did very well and I congratulate her.
I've been coming to TRF as a guest for quite some time now, and I can tell you you seem to be quite anti Charlotte at times, scrutinizing her figure, saying she is a failure at everything etc etc. If your so anti Charlotte why are you even on here trepstrep?
Old 12-07-2010, 04:18 PM

We've had the discussion about Charlotte's "career" vs. "hobby" so many times.
You can just comb through this thread and find many comments about it. I am not a moderator, so I will only *suggest* that we move the discussion of Alex Dellal and associated art gallery business over to the "Friends of Andrea, Charlotte, and Pierre" thread. There is even a whole other thread for the Dellal Family in the Celebrity Chit Chat forum.

In Trep's defense, I have to say that she is not "anti" Charlotte. She is just very objective about Charlotte's performance. And she's very objective about Charlotte, imho. That's why Trep is so great to read here. She brings a good balance to all the charlotte-worshipping rhetoric.

OK.

I found some links relating to the past horsey event.

Socials Turn Out for Gucci Masters - Fashion Scoops - Fashion News - WWD.com (very nice pic of Char and Caro)

Charlotte Casiraghi aux Gucci Masters Paris

Je veux le look de Charlotte Casiraghi : toutes en selles cet hiver ! - MODE - Plurielles.fr

It turns out that, according to this

Here is how the Pro-Am Cup resulted (I know it's very confusing they way the results were portrayed, but I have put the pieces together.)
TOP 3:
1) Malin Baryard-Johnsson and Ekaterina Rybolovleva
2) Edwina Alexander and Charlotte Casiraghi
3) Michel Robert and Vincent Bartin

Edwina and Char ALMOST won, but Malin and Ekaterina came in with the final victory. It is mentioned here that it was a narrow victory. Of course, we don't know how narrow because the Gucci Masters website didn't publish the results of this particular competition, so we don't know the times.