The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Serene Highness

GREAT FINDS - thanks Empress!

Old 12-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Serene Highness

A good example of 6 bar is on youtube under 2007 6 bar competition.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:50 AM

Thanks, Empress, for the neato videos.

Respecting the Gucci Masters...... what we can expect for Saturday.....

Charlotte & Troy will be the 11th to participate in the Prix EADS, with 1m25 obstacles. Charlotte and Tintero will be 39th, aka 'last' to go. This will begin @ 11:45 am paris (GMT + 1) time. These places are just for the starter list. Not the results.

As I'm typing this post, it's almost 10min to 8AM in Paris.

The Pro-Am Cup-Style et Competition (conceptualized by Charlotte) will commence @ 1700 (5pm).
Old 12-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's another gallery of pics from yesterday:

Charlotte Casiraghi rides and competes during the International Gucci Masters
Competition at Paris Nord Villepinte on December 3, 2010 in Paris, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** International Gucci Masters Competition 2010 - Day 1 **
Old 12-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Courtier

Looks like Charlotte placed 4th with Tintero today and was eliminated with Troy.
Results Gucci Masters - Prix EADS
Old 12-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
It was Bois le Roi, not Lyon on 11/6/2010. The 6 bar is a height competition. She jumped clear the first round at 1.55m, clear the second round at 1.65 and had 4 faults at 1.75 in the 3rd round. The winner won at 2 meters. She came in 12/24. I was surprised also. This is very different from regular show jumping. It is 6 fences lined up an equal distance apart. I think if you get a fault you're out.
Yes, this is correct. My coach won the 6 bar at Spruce Meadows a few years ago at 2meter. The really impressive part is she was on a stallion only 14.3 hands (one inch over pony size) called Nick of Diamonds. When he came to the jump, all you could see was the tops of his ears over the jump. The 6 bar is set up so that you jump, take one stride, jump, take one stride, jump, etc all in a row.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe my question seem stupid but how good is that high jumping for horses? I mean, for their legs.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:25 AM

That's not a stupid question at all. I wondered the same thing. I bet it's not good. I don't think any of it is "good" for the horses. It is really a sport for the delight of humans, isn't it?

About the Gucci Masters, on the website, Charlotte was headline news today for her fourth place in the prix EADS. Any excuse to promote her promoting Gucci, I suppose.

Here is the startlist for the Pro-Am cup that starts in like 40 min.
Startlist Gucci Masters - EPREUVE STYLE ET COMPETITION
Looks like it's Char with Edwina again, and Martina Hingis paired with Rodrigo Pessoa. There is no Doda this time. It would have been "neat" for Doda and Athina to sign up together. Or is Athina considered pro too? I am not sure about that. Is Athina amateur or pro?
Old 12-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Serene Highness

She's kind of in the middle. I think she mainly jumps 3*, but has jumped some 5*; the top level.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, their joints must hurt too much due to the jumping. I saw the vids that Empress Merel posted and i was surprised, but then i thought of the horses and their daily pressure for having to jump those high fences. I don't believe they want it or they are capable for this, they have to do it for the need of this sport. Even if they are trained from a young age, i think it is painful for them.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think it's painful now. Horses in pain either don't jump that easily or simply flat out refuse.

It's the same with humans, football players, tennis players or whatever sport, will get more pain later in life. The bodies are still young and recover much sooner. Our knees and legs endure pressure too when we jump or run, but those who are competitive sporters will more likely gain pyshical pains later in life.

Just notice how a lot of sport horses die after they retire. Either it's heart failure or injuries.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Serene Highness

I think all prey animals can naturally jump high. I read a buffalo can jump 8 feet high and run 35 mph but to watch them in the wild they look slow and clumsy. It's their natural defense against predators. The problem is when you add a 100 something lb person on a horses back. They may have evolved for that over the centuries though. Horses have been used for farming and military for a very long time.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Royal Highness

Carlota Casiraghi, una bellísima amazona
Old 12-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Nobility

More pics, Caroline was there

Charlotte Casiraghi and Tintero (MON) at the foot of the podium
Old 12-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Courtier

I love her gucci jacket. And her scarf in the "style" event!

^ Thanks to both of you for those! Char and Tintero look beautiful. And thanks to rerehh for the "at the foot of the podium." That article was cute!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Serene Highness

Well, what can i say!? I still cannot imagine how bad the future of those animals will be!
Anyway, good news of Char for her 4th place, even if it's rare!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I don't think it's painful now. Horses in pain either don't jump that easily or simply flat out refuse.

It's the same with humans, football players, tennis players or whatever sport, will get more pain later in life. The bodies are still young and recover much sooner. Our knees and legs endure pressure too when we jump or run, but those who are competitive sporters will more likely gain pyshical pains later in life.

Just notice how a lot of sport horses die after they retire. Either it's heart failure or injuries.
We all die of something in the end. My competition horses have always enjoyed a long life into their mid 20s.

Also, dont forget that a competition horse doesnt jump for weeks in between shows. And if there is one thing I know for sure is that you cant make a horse jump if it doesnt really want to. The good ones love it.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
I think all prey animals can naturally jump high. I read a buffalo can jump 8 feet high and run 35 mph but to watch them in the wild they look slow and clumsy. It's their natural defense against predators. The problem is when you add a 100 something lb person on a horses back. They may have evolved for that over the centuries though. Horses have been used for farming and military for a very long time.
Very true about the evolution, working in farming and military, but still, I think they prefer to do these things without someone on their backs. I love that vid. Empress posted showing the horse do it alone. It is probably a lot of fun for the young horse to jump around, not having to carry a human.

That said, I will say it is a beautiful thing to see a horse and a human develop a relationship, where they trust each other and work well together. I think there are some beautiful things about this sport,and some negative things. It's always so tough to balance the good and the bad.

Charlotte is so ...... stunning is the right word, in her gorgeous Gucci necktie. It is so sweet to see her wearing these things that were made for her and only for her, and so they fit her like the perfect snug glove and just look fantastic.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
We all die of something in the end. My competition horses have always enjoyed a long life into their mid 20s.

Also, dont forget that a competition horse doesnt jump for weeks in between shows. And if there is one thing I know for sure is that you cant make a horse jump if it doesnt really want to. The good ones love it.
Jep, every jumping rider I know of, only does in- and out small jumps or just dressage work. I know quite a few eventing riders who do the same aswell. Can't speak for every rider out there though.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Aristocracy

You can see more pictures here:

charlotte casiraghi - News, photos, topics, and quotes