The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post

And when I say foreign, go to the countries where equestrian is better then anywhere else. In other words: Germany and Netherlands.
Sorry, Empress (I'm not being chauvinistic because I live in France but I am not french), but IMHO Michel Robert kicks any dutch or german rider's ass!

And of course, one should never generalize, but I am not a big fan of the german/dutch way of riding, anyway. It is too much about control.

I much better like the US hunting-style school, the british, the irish, and some of the french. Give me Edwina Alexander, Laura Kraut or Jessica Kuerten abovo most german /dutch riders anytime!

Old 08-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Royal Highness

Please, Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum kicks everyone to the curb.
And I can safely say that the German and Dutch have been the front-leaders when it comes to horseriding. Especially dressage. Both countries bread the best horses (KWPN, Hannoveraan) and have so many riders that keep on winning.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
And I can safely say that the German and Dutch have been the front-leaders when it comes to horseriding. Especially dressage. Both countries bread the best horses (KWPN, Hannoveraan) and have so many riders that keep on winning.
Ha, ha, ha, we could be discussing for ever and we will never agree! Our tastes and interests are SO different! :-)

I won't discuss that you've got the best dressage riders, though. I'm just not that interested in dressage. Of course it is important to have a decent dressage level for jumpers, but as a discipline, not one of my favorites.

Not a fan of KWPN or Hannoverian horses either. Heavy central europeans horses do nothing to me.
Give me english blood, english blood and more english blood!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:47 AM
Royal Highness

Haha, fair enough. Our tastes and interest are indeed really too far apart to agree.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
That Meredith Beerbaum is no joke, is she? She's so light and and she makes it look so.... easy. She just takes those fences so smoothly --boom, boom, boom! Between her and Daniel Deusser (Deuss Man!) I don't know, they are tied for my favorites from the pros. I guess I'm supposed to favor Doda, you might expect me to favor Doda, and he's awesome, no doubt, and I love to see him win, but the aforementioned are my top 2.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:55 AM
Royal Highness

Meredith is so amazing. She is always so in control without it looking forced. Just gentle but so fast and so good.

Her riding should be an example for everyone imo.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Courtier

Sorry, but still not a fan of her heavy seat and her constant: "control, control and more control, horse! where are you going?" attitude. And she rides ugly! She moves so much!
I you like fluidity, soft riders, who go over the fences as if it were just natural and make it all look as if it was easy and theyweren't doing anything to help the horse, as if a light seat and soft low hands were everything you need, check Edwina Alexander. THIS is mouth dropping:
Old 09-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

You are probably one of the very, very few who thinks Meredith rides ugly. Meredith rides in control but with no harm. That much of a good rider she is. She moves so much? Nah, Isabell Werth moves a lot too when Warum Nicht is in an extended trot but that's because it's almost impossible to even sit still.

Either way, a master in controlled yet easy and gentle riding. Such a treat to see.

Or Jos Lansink.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:25 AM

I love watching these videos.
Thank you for posting them. I hope one day I could compete at that level.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Serene Highness

Can someone capture the World Equestrian Events - to be televised on NBC in the US starting 9/26 at 12 pm EST (3 hrs); other dates to be televised on two Sundays in October (maybe 10/1 and 10/3?) - thank you, in advance.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:01 AM
Majesty

I had never heard of Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum until the 2008 Beijing Games. But after watching her ride/jump just one event I was hooked and began staying up at all hours to see her...she is poetry on a horse, IMO!

Edwina is a lighter rider...style different but no less beautiful to watch.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:28 PM

Charlotte was in the recent jumping competitions at Barbizon, France, from 1-3 October. You can see this event's results on jump-results.com.
I guess we know for sure now that/why she wasn't in Fino Mornasco.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Thanks a lot CT! Yes, now we can confirm that she wasn't at Fino Mornasco.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:54 PM

But it looks like she only competed in one thing, on the first day with Troy and Tintero in two phases for the Prix Sotraloc, a 1* 1m30. With Troy she placed at 51st place/4 fault points/timed @ 31.61. With Tintero, eliminated. Maybe this event was a qualifier and as she didn't get a prize place, she couldn't go on to more events in the next days. Who knows?
Old 10-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Nobility

She only competed days 1 and 2 of October.

I think that Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre were in Monaco the day 3. That's why Andrea was with Albert in the soccer match in Monaco the day 2 and Charlotte didn't compete the day 3 in Barbizon.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:33 AM

^You're right. I missed the one from Day 2.

She was 34/64 with Troy (4 fault pts.) and 51/64 with Tintero (8 fault pts.) in the Prix Jump Bost/1m25 on October 2nd.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:13 PM

Recent jumpings:

* Jump Bost/Barbizon, 1-2 October 2010 (Troy, Tintero)
Quote:
on the first day with Troy and Tintero in two phases for the Prix Sotraloc, a 1* 1m30. With Troy she placed at 51st place/4 fault points/timed @ 31.61. With Tintero, eliminated.
She was 34/64 with Troy (4 fault pts.) and 51/64 with Tintero (8 fault pts.) in the Prix Jump Bost/1m25 on October 2nd.
* Liverdy en Brie, 25-26 September 2010 (GI Joe)
1 NP - Non-partant (non-participant) and 1 forfeit
* Fontainebleau, 16-17 September 2010 (GI Joe)
1 Abandon, 1 elimination
Old 10-20-2010, 06:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Recent jumpings:

* Jump Bost/Barbizon, 1-2 October 2010 (Troy, Tintero)

* Liverdy en Brie, 25-26 September 2010 (GI Joe)
1 NP - Non-partant (non-participant) and 1 forfeit
* Fontainebleau, 16-17 September 2010 (GI Joe)
1 Abandon, 1 elimination

And Tintero & Troy? What competition she participated? I refer to 1,20 ; 1,30 ...
Old 10-20-2010, 04:58 PM

Rereh, both of the Jump Bost competitions she engaged in were in 2 phases and she jumped with both Troy and Tintero, one per phase. If you look on the results you will see her twice in each list. I hope I answered your question. I'm not clear on what your confusion is about, but I think you wanted to know if she jumped with both Troy and Tintero in those events?
Old 10-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Nobility

Thanks a lot CT!